BRN Discussion Ongoing

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Chippers,

Thinking about planes, randomly googling came upon this article.

THE NEW YORK TIMES
Daily Business Briefing,
Author: Niraj Chokshi.
11 th Jan 2022.

Jets made last year...

BOEING. 535 new planes 2021 & 4,250 orders in its backlog.

AIRBUS. 507 new planes 2021 & 7,o82 orders in backlog.

= 11,332 planes yet to be built

11 ,332 planes
X
50,OOo ( upto this many sensors per plane )
= 566,600,000. SENSORS.

WOW.

Believe it was Uiux who
Bought up the amount of sensors required on planes some time ago.

Esq.

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

LM77

An Airbus A350 air craft has 50,000 sensors that collect 2.5 terabytes of data every day sent to the cloud.

Data is useless if it is detached from its place of origin and does not have metadata to help.

Sensing the need for a lot of Akida flying around so sensor data can be analysed locally, and decisions automated. Sensing a few less pilots needed also.

Which Aircraft company will be first is the only question I have.
First time posting on a BRN thread either over yonder or on this new and improved site (thanks Zeebot!) although have been reading all of the threads with great interest for about 6 months and bought into the company October last year. To all of the regular posters a sincere thank you, you have made the job of doing DD on the company a lot easier and much of the research and commentary is outstanding.

ndefries, I have been an airline pilot for quite sometime and I am also certain there will be a myriad of uses for Akida chips in new versions of airplanes that will be developed in the future. A small problem for the large scale usage of them in planes is that Airbus isn’t currently designing a new plane and Boeing’s B777-8/9 whilst not yet delivered is in the final testing phase prior to rollout to launch customers. This is likely to mean that we won’t see Akida incorporated into a Boeing or Airbus plane design until they develop their next new aircraft. The company would be well advised however to get in contact with the premier business jet manufacturers such as Gulfstream, Bomabrdier etc who update their models far more frequently and are always at the technological forefront to make their aircraft as safe and reliable as possible as a selling point to HNW individuals.

Where it is likely to appear first on commercial aircraft however is in either the engines or onboard equipment from external suppliers. Systems such as TCAS or EGPWS from the likes of Honeywell can be updated if a new generation model is developed. Prior to covid I was flying the B777 (GE engines) and the company I worked for had a contract with GE for the real time monitoring of the engines. Whilst it never happened to me, a colleague enroute to Jakarta was sent an ACARS message that one of the engines was likely to fail imminently and was told to divert to Singapore where the engine was changed. This monitoring is great, and covers a lot more parameters than pilots monitor, however it has the limitation of requiring a constant connection which is far from 100% reliable. Dead spots in places like in the North Pole region or during solar storms are particular problems. The company has already mentioned locomotive engine monitoring, the same could be done in aviation quite easily. It would also solve the problem of requiring an ACARS connection (which can be via VHF/HF or satellite) and save a huge amount of bandwidth and money.

Whilst I’m sure we will see Akida on the moon or outer space in the future I’m most definitely looking forward to seeing it at Flight level 400 in the not too distant future.

• Fire
Reactions: 93 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
First time posting on a BRN thread either over yonder or on this new and improved site (thanks Zeebot!) although have been reading all of the threads with great interest for about 6 months and bought into the company October last year. To all of the regular posters a sincere thank you, you have made the job of doing DD on the company a lot easier and much of the research and commentary is outstanding.

ndefries, I have been an airline pilot for quite sometime and I am also certain there will be a myriad of uses for Akida chips in new versions of airplanes that will be developed in the future. A small problem for the large scale usage of them in planes is that Airbus isn’t currently designing a new plane and Boeing’s B777-8/9 whilst not yet delivered is in the final testing phase prior to rollout to launch customers. This is likely to mean that we won’t see Akida incorporated into a Boeing or Airbus plane design until they develop their next new aircraft. The company would be well advised however to get in contact with the premier business jet manufacturers such as Gulfstream, Bomabrdier etc who update their models far more frequently and are always at the technological forefront to make their aircraft as safe and reliable as possible as a selling point to HNW individuals.

Where it is likely to appear first on commercial aircraft however is in either the engines or onboard equipment from external suppliers. Systems such as TCAS or EGPWS from the likes of Honeywell can be updated if a new generation model is developed. Prior to covid I was flying the B777 (GE engines) and the company I worked for had a contract with GE for the real time monitoring of the engines. Whilst it never happened to me, a colleague enroute to Jakarta was sent an ACARS message that one of the engines was likely to fail imminently and was told to divert to Singapore where the engine was changed. This monitoring is great, and covers a lot more parameters than pilots monitor, however it has the limitation of requiring a constant connection which is far from 100% reliable. Dead spots in places like in the North Pole region or during solar storms are particular problems. The company has already mentioned locomotive engine monitoring, the same could be done in aviation quite easily. It would also solve the problem of requiring an ACARS connection (which can be via VHF/HF or satellite) and save a huge amount of bandwidth and money.

Whilst I’m sure we will see Akida on the moon or outer space in the future I’m most definitely looking forward to seeing it at Flight level 400 in the not too distant future.

Reactions: 3 users

Dhm

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Welcome LM77,

Always greatfull to have knowledge people on board.

Thankyou for your input.

Years ago an acquaintance, through their business , leased several jets, 20 to 30 seaters each.

I was amazed to learn that whilst airborne the jets were relaying all the sensor data to a location in Warsaw, Poland real time.

It is truely amazing the technology which we all depend on yet so few realise.

Good to have you a aboard Captain.

Brainchip is destined to be a very exiting journey, buckle up.

Regards,
Esq.

Last edited:
Reactions: 34 users
F

Filobeddo

Valeo accelerates in electric mobility with full acquisition of Valeo Siemens eAutomotive and new partnership with Renault​

• Published on February 10, 2022
View attachment 786
Thanks for posting MC, looks like Renault’s a goer to me
IMO DYOR

Reactions: 15 users

Chimi

Welcome LM77,

Always greatfull to have knowledge people on board.

Thankyou for your input.

Years ago an acquaintance, through their business , leased several jets, 20 to 30 seaters each.

I was amazed to learn that whilst airborne the jets were relaying all the sensor data to a location in Warsaw, Germany in real time.

It is truely amazing the technology which we all depend on yet so few realise.

Good to have you a aboard Captain.

Brainchip is destined to be a very exiting journey, buckle up.

Regards,
Esq.
You mean Warsaw Poland and Germany?

Reactions: 3 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Chimi,

You are correct, I have had a few.

Esq.

Reactions: 4 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
Reactions: 5 users

M_C

Founding Member
For those that didn't already know...........................LUMINAR just partnered with MERCEDES..............Suddenly the former CEOs statement that "we hit real sweet spot with LIDAR" is beginning to ring true.

January 20, 2022 - Today, Mercedes-Benz and Luminar Technologies, Inc., a leading global automotive technology company, announced a partnership to accelerate development of future automated driving technologies for passenger cars. A central component of this is the optimal access to new technologies and global competencies.
The new partnership with Luminar underlines Mercedes-Benz’s policy of continuously expanding its network of top-flight tech partners and suppliers for passenger cars. The intent of this partnership is to leverage the foundational lidar technology from Luminar with the aim to industrialize and integrate it into series production Mercedes-Benz vehicles. By shortening development cycles and strengthening technology partnerships Mercedes-Benz seeks to ensure that its vehicles have the most up-to-date technologies.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 41 users

Dhm

Regular
No. This forum should be for factual info only otherwise it’ll just be like hotcrapper.
If you bought $80k worth of shares today, well done that’s awesome, but post a screenshot of the confirmation otherwise it’s just talk and anyone can do that.
Are you the self appointed arbiter of other peoples disclosures of purchasing shares? Why do I have to justify my actions to you? This is the type of accusation I was happy to escape from the other forum.
Just for the record I will prove it to you. But don’t BUT DON’T YOU DARE TRY THIS AGAIN WITH ME.
2E6D494B-7555-4732-B947-5F161EDA07CA.jpeg

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 39 users

Dougie54

Regular
Are you the self appointed arbiter of other peoples disclosures of purchasing shares? Why do I have to justify my actions to you? This is the type of accusation I was happy to escape from the other forum.
Just for the record I will prove it to you. But don’t BUT DON’T YOU DARE TRY THIS AGAIN WITH ME.
View attachment 821
Well said

Reactions: 20 users

Fox151

Regular
View attachment 821
Congrats. Good decision.

I do see his point though. We want to avoid being seen to be deliberately ramping like HC. People claiming to be buying without proof could be accused of that. People that don't wanna put up proof, don't brag. That said, Zeeb0t is the only mod here. Unless he has an issue with it, do what you want.

Reactions: 8 users

A8kr1

Congrats. Good decision.

I do see his point though. We want to avoid being seen to be deliberately ramping like HC. People claiming to be buying without proof could be accused of that. People that don't wanna put up proof, don't brag. That said, Zeeb0t is the only mod here. Unless he has an issue with it, do what you want.
Picked up 500k shares today, couldn’t resist at these discount prices

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Dhm

Regular
Picked up 500k shares today, couldn’t resist at these discount prices
Proof or ban. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

A8kr1

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Vanadium redox batterries are excellent in a stationary application as they are less energy dense than lithium and take up more space but have other major advantages. I think they wont really make it into cars due to size, especially with the advances in the hydrogen option.
Hopefully I will be able to totally skip the ev stage and go straight to hydrogen.
Personally, I'm in the carbon sequestration camp, in addition to other technologies.

Carbon sequestration, combined with the production of man-made hydrocarbon fuels, is the "Recycling of Energy" and can be used to balance the amount of carbon in the atmosphere, to any desirable level (at scale).

Hey, I like muscle cars and they don't sound good, with electric motors! 😛

The Planet, needs to get away, from the idea of GDP growth and consumerism, as a measure of wealth and success.

We need to adopt the philosophy and idealism of De-growth, if we are serious about humanity having a lasting place on Earth and I'm not talking about population.
But that, cannot continue to increase either.

Degrowth (French: décroissance) is a term used for both a political, economic, and social movement as well as a set of theories that critiques the paradigm of economic growth.[1]It is based on ideas from a diverse range of lines of thought such as political ecology, ecological economics, feminist political ecology, and environmental justice, pointing out the social and ecological harm caused by the pursuit of infinite growth and Western "development" imperatives.[2] Degrowth emphasizes the need to reduce global consumption and production (social metabolism) and advocates a socially just and ecologically sustainable society with social and environmental well-being replacing GDP as the indicator of prosperity. Hence, although GDP is likely to shrink in a "Degrowth society", i.e. a society in which the objectives of the degrowth movement are achieved, this is not the primary objective of degrowth.

The governments of the World, are not doing what's best, for planet Earth, regardless of their "carbon neutral" targets etc, because they are still pushing these ideals (GDP and consumerism, due to their constantly increasing debt levels).

A Universal Basic wage is coming, so the pushing of consumerism, to protect jobs and keep the economies of the World "moving" are fast becoming obsolescent ideals.

Unfortunately, none of this (De-growth) is likely to happen, because no government, is capable of admitting, that they have farked up and have backed themselves against the wall, with mountains of debt.
They are artificially pushing economies to grow, to hide their mistakes.

Planet Earth and the future of Mankind, is the price that will be paid.

The beauty of Brainchip's AKIDA, is that it is technology, that can play a part, in any future scenario, due to its low power usage and independence, from current infrastructures.

New technologies and products, will still need to be made, bought and sold, but the idea of constantly buying the latest and greatest, the pushing of consumerism, has to stop.

That is, if you want there to be anything left, for future generations.

Look at what we've done to this planet in just 200 years, since 1822 and then think, what another 200 years will do..

How long do we want to continue, as a species, on a planet with finite resources?

Mankind is so selfish.

That's my beef for the day! 👹

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

JDELLU

Emerged
Sean is a breath of fresh air for us. He seams like he is ready to go to battle to claim the recognition Brainchip deserves. He is boldly claiming A.I. at the edge as ours, as he should. His confidence will rally everyone involved , employees, customers and investors alike. Very happy with Sean.

Reactions: 32 users

Salena

Just logged on and noticed the price chart & financials, Thanks Zeeb0t! It is awesome having you with us and making this forum the best it could be😊

• Love
Reactions: 21 users

Shadow59

Regular
Personally, I'm in the carbon sequestration camp, in addition to other technologies.

Carbon sequestration, combined with the production of man-made hydrocarbon fuels, is the "Recycling of Energy" and can be used to balance the amount of carbon in the atmosphere, to any desirable level (at scale).

Hey, I like muscle cars and they don't sound good, with electric motors! 😛

The Planet, needs to get away, from the idea of GDP growth and consumerism, as a measure of wealth and success.

We need to adopt the philosophy and idealism of De-growth, if we are serious about humanity having a lasting place on Earth and I'm not talking about population.
But that, cannot continue to increase either.

Degrowth (French: décroissance) is a term used for both a political, economic, and social movement as well as a set of theories that critiques the paradigm of economic growth.[1]It is based on ideas from a diverse range of lines of thought such as political ecology, ecological economics, feminist political ecology, and environmental justice, pointing out the social and ecological harm caused by the pursuit of infinite growth and Western "development" imperatives.[2] Degrowth emphasizes the need to reduce global consumption and production (social metabolism) and advocates a socially just and ecologically sustainable society with social and environmental well-being replacing GDP as the indicator of prosperity. Hence, although GDP is likely to shrink in a "Degrowth society", i.e. a society in which the objectives of the degrowth movement are achieved, this is not the primary objective of degrowth.

The governments of the World, are not doing what's best, for planet Earth, regardless of their "carbon neutral" targets etc, because they are still pushing these ideals (GDP and consumerism, due to their constantly increasing debt levels).

A Universal Basic wage is coming, so the pushing of consumerism, to protect jobs and keep the economies of the World "moving" are fast becoming obsolescent ideals.

Unfortunately, none of this (De-growth) is likely to happen, because no government, is capable of admitting, that they have farked up and have backed themselves against the wall, with mountains of debt.
They are artificially pushing economies to grow, to hide their mistakes.

Planet Earth and the future of Mankind, is the price that will be paid.

The beauty of Brainchip's AKIDA, is that it is technology, that can play a part, in any future scenario, due to its low power usage and independence, from current infrastructures.

New technologies and products, will still need to be made, bought and sold, but the idea of constantly buying the latest and greatest, the pushing of consumerism, has to stop.

That is, if you want there to be anything left, for future generations.

Look at what we've done to this planet in just 200 years, since 1822 and then think, what another 200 years will do..

How long do we want to continue, as a species, on a planet with finite resources?

Mankind is so selfish.

That's my beef for the day! 👹
Like Wow! My daughter would say to me after reading this "Dad why can't you be like that?" This sounds like one of our Friday night discussions over a nice bottle (2) of red. It is great to hear there are other people who care about more than the bank balance.(y)

Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom