BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
I was re-reading back through this Qualcomm blog on quanitisation (link below). One of the authors is Timjen Blankevoort (Director of Engineering Technologies Netherlands).

Blankevoort is quite an unusual name and I remembered seeing it before on this BrainChip Source Code for cnn@snn.

So, ummm, yeah. Not sure what that means actually.

View attachment 18275

View attachment 18277

Since @uiux is in stealth mode, I'll have a stab.

Looks like the program used in cnn2snn for deciding whether to round up or down when compressing the data to 4 bits was written by Blankevoort and co in 2004.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
There was a bit of a buzz a year or so ago about this:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/tech...sedgntp&cvid=836802c4e80e4c33938457282afb34cd

Air Force Acquires Australia's MQ-28 Ghost Bat Drone For Testing​

Joseph Trevithick - 11h ago
React8 Comments|

1665115942687.png

The Pentagon has confirmed that it will be using a Boeing MQ-28 Ghost Bat drone, an advanced uncrewed design developed and produced by the company's division in Australia, for research and development purposes in cooperation with the U.S. Air Force. The Air Force also recently announced that Chief of Staff Gen. Charles Q. Brown and his Royal Australian Air Force counterpart Air Marshal Robert Chipman had signed a new agreement to strengthen the already significant relationship that exists between the two services.

1665116123284.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/tech...ogle-pixel-7-pro-e2-80-99s-camera/ar-AA12FVtc

Gizmodo Australia
Gizmodo Australia
FollowView Profile

We Zoom In on the Google Pixel 7 Pro’s Camera​

Asha Barbaschow - 1h ago

During Made By Google this morning, the search giant unveiled its new flagship Pixel phones, giving us the rundown of what you can get when you mix Google software with Google hardware. The camera system on the Pixel 7 and 7 Pro phones don't appear to be too different from their predecessors, but when you zoom in, you see the new Google Tensor G2 chip working its magic.

As is always the case with Google, one super cool feature has piqued our interest in particular around the Pixel camera, and with the 7 Pro, it’s Photo Unblur.

The Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro come packed with Google’s Tensor G2 chip, which powers all of the smarts behind the scenes. Such smarts include Face Unblur and now, Photo Unblur.

With the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro phones, Google introduced Face Unblur, which, as it says on the tin, brought the capability to unblur a person’s face in a photo after it was captured. Expanding on that tech this year, Google is using a new type of machine learning model to unblur more photos.

This has been added to Google Photos so you can unblur photos that have been taken in the past – they don’t even need to have been captured on a Google/Android device.

This runs on-device through a special optimisation on Google Tensor

Just sayin'.

Late edition: This is not Prophesee unblur. See Google unblur patent below.
I wont need to go to spec savers anymore

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Here's a recently published (11 Aug 2022) Qualcomm patent application with Timjen Blankevoort being one of the inventors entitled "SEMI-STRUCTURED LEARNED THRESHOLD PRUNING FOR DEEP NEURAL NETWORKS".

It mentions sensor processors, artificial neural networks and neuromophic processors amongst other things.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting excited and I literally have no idea why. I suppose if @uiux was around, he'd probably tell me to stop throwing so much flour around everywhere.😝

I call it FLOUR POWER!!!!

PS: Hopefully no-one will accuse me of constantly drawing up blankevoorts.🤭

Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 3.31.41 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Diogenese

Top 20
You should patent your blur-correcting specs.
but until then, avoid the avocados when you're batting.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I remember reading about a new conventional camera system that could do a lot of this stuff about 7 or 8 years ago. You could apparently alter the focus point after the fact in the RAW file but from memory it involved purchasing a whole new eco system of lenses and of course a new camera body with the new tech. At the time I don't think they had much glass available and so don't think it was successfully launched.
Camera companies tend to keep their acolytes in line by having you commit to their glass which sort of financially locks you into their brand.
There are converters and third party manufacturers but unsurprisingly Canon glass tends to work best with Canon bodies, etc etc.....
I don't recall that system working in conjunction with an event based camera, but it may have, unless they found another solution?
My spidey sense is tingling me bones with the supposition Sony may have snagged the idea and perhaps the IP and what we are seeing now is some bastard offspring transmogrified into phones?
All pure supposition and really who cares, just so long as we get to wet our beak. 🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Here's a recently published (11 Aug 2022) Qualcomm patent application with Timjen Blanekvoort being one of the inventors entitled "SEMI-STRUCTURED LEARNED THRESHOLD PRUNING FOR DEEP NEURAL NETWORKS".

It mentions sensor processors, artificial neural networks and neuromophic processors amongst other things.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting excited and I literally have no idea why. I suppose if @uiux was around, he'd probably tell me to stop throwing so much flour around everywhere.😝

I call it FLOUR POWER!!!!

PS: Hopefully no-one will accuse me of constantly drawing up blankevoorts.🤭

View attachment 18280
You certainly seem to have a thing for him, and why not, he's a handsome bugger. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users

GazDix

Regular
My wife recently received her dividends from AEF (Australian Ethical Investment LTD).

I thought about whether BRN was on their index. It wasn't which was surprising but have other 'AI' companies that have been decreasing and losing their competitive advantage (that I know of) like Livetiles and Appen are there. So I wrote a letter and my wife sent it to them this morning (my wife owns Brainchip shares as well so all good there!). Will let you all know if I get a response.

Dear Investment Team at Australian Ethical Investment Ltd.
I have been an investor in your company since 2019 and have been very satisfied on how you select your companies to invest in and also the financial success of those companies on your ethical index.

Since 2020, I have also been an investor in Brainchip (ASX: BRN). Back then, Brainchip was a micro-chip company, but since then it has grown into a company that recently entered the ASX 200. I assumed that by now you have included Brainchip on your index but I couldn’t see it listed but other AI companies that have lost value and possibly market share like Appen and Livetiles.

Brainchip is an AI company that provides essential hardware and software solutions using edge AI with ultra low latency which is good for the planet. It was revealed recently that Mercedes Benz will be incorporating Brainchip’s Akida chip and NASA has been using Brainchip’s technology since.
I was wondering if your team has considered Brainchip to be included on your index? It seems to fit into your Ethical Charter and the company is likely to be successful financially from the short until long term future.

Hope you hear back from you,

Best wishes,

----

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Following on from the terrible result for Tesla when the test car phoughed into a little girl mannequin a few weeks ago, the other car in the test had 'Luminar' written on the bonnet. I just want to check with our brains trust if we think there is any link between us and Luminar?

View attachment 18267

The full test footage is here:

The other vehicle is a Lexus or posh Toyota.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Just to finish off the week this is the news that was:

1. Less than four tenths of one percent of Shares on Issue in Brainchip traded today.

2. Brainchip remained firmly position in the Big Five Index being the only non bank share to claim that position.

3. Motley Fool reported:

How did the BrainChip share price manage to smash the ASX 200 in Q1?​

The technology company saw its stocks outperform its index peers last quarter. How did it do that?
Tony Yoo
@TonyYooAUS
Tony Yoo
Published October 7, 3:59 pm AEDT
BRNASX 200
a man in a business suit wearing boxing gloves strikes a boxing pose with glove thrust forward atop a computer screen

Image source: Getty Images
Key points
  • The BrainChip share price gained almost 9% in the first quarter of the financial year
  • In contrast, the ASX 200 fell 1.4% over the same period
  • The computer chip maker has been a shining light in a tough year for technology stocks
4. Scott Phillips continued to hold Brainchip at number 6 outside his top 5 picks for a record 2,190 days.

5. Gowings is rumoured to be expecting a run on brown cardigans with leather patched elbows during its winter sale this coming week.

6. In a sensational podcast Rob Telson interviewed Luca Verre CEO Prophesee who explained in terms that even a WANCA could understand why Brainchip’s AKIDA technology will be coming to a smart phone, an automobile and a smart factory near you in the near future.

😎FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 54 users

cassip

Regular
Following on from the terrible result for Tesla when the test car phoughed into a little girl mannequin a few weeks ago, the other car in the test had 'Luminar' written on the bonnet. I just want to check with our brains trust if we think there is any link between us and Luminar?

View attachment 18267

The full test footage is here:

Mercedes has a partnership with Luminar

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
I still can't believe the continual amount of small trades.
Today;-
There were 1745 trades in total.
371 of those trades were under 20 shares each. (21% of all trades!!)
Of those 371 trades, 68 were a single (1) trade.
I'm just glad the ASX is a fine upstanding company:poop:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

cassip

Regular
Interesting article concerning research „This work is funded by the National Science Foundation, the MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab, the MIT AI Hardware Program, Amazon, Intel, Qualcomm, Ford Motor Company, and Google.“

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
You certainly seem to have a thing for him, and why not, he's a handsome bugger. 🤣

I must admit I'd have much more of a "thing" for him if I had have stumbled on a solid link between Qualcomm and BrainChip because of his unusual surname, but instead he caused me to fire off another blankevoort.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Dhm

Regular
Mercedes has a partnership with Luminar

Luminar looks pretty sexy to me (yes my life is that dull for me to redefine sexy as that) and please correct me if I'm wrong, but Luminar is an independant system to what we do with MB. We make the cabin smarter, safer and reduce power consumption considerably, whilst Luminar keeps the MB safer on the road by recognising everything up ahead and around the car. But here is where I start getting confused.....
Qualcomm are also partnering with MB, and to quote some of the article:

As digital cockpits continue to play a critical role in enabling robust and premium in-vehicle experiences that consumers now expect, Mercedes-Benz is leveraging the Snapdragon Cockpit Platforms to power intuitive and intelligent infotainment systems. With the Snapdragon Cockpit Platforms, these next generation systems will feature rich, immersive in-vehicle experiences, as well as highly intuitive artificial intelligence (AI) experiences for in-car virtual assistance, natural interactions between the vehicle and driver, adapting the vehicle to suit the driver and passenger.

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/releases/2022/09/mercedes-benz-and-qualcomm-collaborate-to-power--upcoming-merced

That is what I thought we are doing with MB, no? Can someone remind me which company we are partnering for in cabin efficiencies with that makes MB so happy with us?

Must be time for a Bex and a good lie down.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

MDhere

Regular
When I heard this for the first, then the second and then the third time all the spider web of connections that float in my brain were alight and I could not believe what I had heard.

Some here will be aware that I became frustrated with others here and in fact it was probably everyone for not seeing the significance that was revealed to me.

I apologise for this as it is a flaw in my personality. Back in the day when my barristers were slow to catch on to what I was seeing in all the evidence I would react the same way. I learned to pull myself up but it has been such a long time I am out of practice at pretending to be reasonable when the flash of understanding occurs.

This is huge for Brainchip and its shareholders.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I agree FF my brain went into overdrive listening to that very important minute, ive also listened to it over and over like i was dreaming but its real. I can imagine how you must have felt and im sure you were jumping out of your skin to make people aware what you just experienced.
Sorry it took me a day to listen to it was just flat out in an environment were i was not able to switch it on.
Im still in a state of i don't know what the feeling is called really but like u said can't believe what you just heard. Tonight im going to buy a fine wine knowing what i heard. Cheers FF

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

cassip

Regular
Luminar looks pretty sexy to me (yes my life is that dull for me to redefine sexy as that) and please correct me if I'm wrong, but Luminar is an independant system to what we do with MB. We make the cabin smarter, safer and reduce power consumption considerably, whilst Luminar keeps the MB safer on the road by recognising everything up ahead and around the car. But here is where I start getting confused.....

As digital cockpits continue to play a critical role in enabling robust and premium in-vehicle experiences that consumers now expect, Mercedes-Benz is leveraging the Snapdragon Cockpit Platforms to power intuitive and intelligent infotainment systems. With the Snapdragon Cockpit Platforms, these next generation systems will feature rich, immersive in-vehicle experiences, as well as highly intuitive artificial intelligence (AI) experiences for in-car virtual assistance, natural interactions between the vehicle and driver, adapting the vehicle to suit the driver and passenger.

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/relea...ualcomm-collaborate-to-power--upcoming-merced

That is what I thought we are doing with MB, no? Can someone remind me which company we are partnering for in cabin efficiencies with that makes MB so happy with us?

Hi Dhm,

Mercedes aquired a stake in Luminar, that‘s all I can say. Another article says:
„Mercedes-Benz announced it will integrate Luminar’s lidar sensors into future production vehicles to enable autonomous driving capabilities.“

Have a good weekend!
Regards
cassip

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/relea...ualcomm-collaborate-to-power--upcoming-merced

When you dig into Snapdragon it is now the term being used by Qualcomm to describe the whole platform not a single processor and on that platform or relying upon that platform all the various technology being used by Mercedes Benz including AKIDA IP will operate.

The best Simple example I can think of is going back many years to when Bosch used provide the wiring harness for most automobiles to which Lucas head lights and taillights, Lucas coils, Bosch alternators, Lucas spark plugs etc; were all integrated to service the internal combustion motor and accessories.

Hope this helps.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
Top Bottom