BRN Discussion Ongoing

When a new phone comes out one of the main selling points is camera, battery and speed of running software. Phones make certain companies a lot of profit and lock people into an ecosystem which is a cash cow. FF i would say blur free imaging benefits would be very clear to Apple and Samsung and Google... not to mention the movie industry and every professional photographer.

The example of turning tap water streaming into individual droplets shows you the industrial potential of moving a conveyor belt at speed and identifying, classifying and actioning at pace with low energy. The security industry will love capturing and processing without blur. How many security cameras are there and will be in the future!
This is where that word ‘ubiquitous’ starts to become relevant.

It won’t happen over night but we will see it happen in the slowly building income stream next year.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users
This is where that word ‘ubiquitous’ starts to become relevant.

It won’t happen over night but we will see it happen in the slowly building income stream next year.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
In 2012 there were 4.4 billion camera phones in the world:

4.4 Billion Camera Phones...13 Oct 2012
1665095196624.png

https://www.statista.com › chart › pr...

Chart: 4.4 Billion Camera Phones... - Statista

Feedback

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
When a new phone comes out one of the main selling points is camera, battery and speed of running software. Phones make certain companies a lot of profit and lock people into an ecosystem which is a cash cow. FF i would say blur free imaging benefits would be very clear to Apple and Samsung and Google... not to mention the movie industry and every professional photographer.

The example of turning tap water streaming into individual droplets shows you the industrial potential of moving a conveyor belt at speed and identifying, classifying and actioning at pace with low energy. The security industry will love capturing and processing without blur. How many security cameras are there and will be in the future!

Michael Richards Yes GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
D

Deleted member 118

Reactions: 4 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Dies war Teil einer Marketingbroschüre von Qualcomm im Qualcomm-Thread. Ich habe nicht genau herausgefunden, ob wir in ihrer Beteiligung an MB sind oder nicht. Ich hätte durchaus etwas übersehen können. Könnten klügere Köpfe als ich mir helfen, mich zurechtzufinden?

• Mercedes – ist vor kurzem eine Partnerschaft eingegangen, um Qualcomm-Technologie für Infotainment und Konnektivität einzuführen, wobei der erste Satz ausgestatteter Fahrzeuge 2023 auf den Markt kommt
I'm on LikedIn several times a day and follow who writes what, who has which contacts and who likes what, as you know. That's why I think I know that Qualcomm is a Brainchip customer. Conclusion for me: We are involved in what is actually published, we will see, but as we know, we will see this in the income

I don't think that regularly liking something is just Rob Telson's hobby or pastime

1665095945204.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
Hi Sinrod,

Also Sony and Qualcomm have an ongoing, very close partnership to work on cameras for smartphones.

Dec 4, 2021

‘Smartphone processor manufacturer Qualcomm has teamed up with leading smartphone CMOS sensor maker Sony Semiconductor to provide better integration between their two systems for future smartphone development. And this isn’t just an on-paper partnership, they’ve actually moved teams into the same building to work alongside each other for future smartphone development.

While there aren’t a lot of public details out there regarding the partnership yet, Sony is moving a team into Qualcomm’s San Diego headquarters. And in the announcement during the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 announcement Qualcomm mentioned three specific benefits relating to smartphone cameras that are expected to be gained from the partnership with Sony.’

https://www.diyphotography.net/qual...has,systems for future smartphone development.[RH1]

[RH1]

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Taproot

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Hi Sinrod,

Also Sony and Qualcomm have an ongoing, very close partnership to work on cameras for smartphones.

Dec 4, 2021

‘Smartphone processor manufacturer Qualcomm has teamed up with leading smartphone CMOS sensor maker Sony Semiconductor to provide better integration between their two systems for future smartphone development. And this isn’t just an on-paper partnership, they’ve actually moved teams into the same building to work alongside each other for future smartphone development.

While there aren’t a lot of public details out there regarding the partnership yet, Sony is moving a team into Qualcomm’s San Diego headquarters. And in the announcement during the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 announcement Qualcomm mentioned three specific benefits relating to smartphone cameras that are expected to be gained from the partnership with Sony.’

https://www.diyphotography.net/qualcomm-teams-up-with-sony-to-strengthen-future-smartphone-camera-integration/#:~:text=Smartphone processor manufacturer Qualcomm has,systems for future smartphone development.[RH1]

[RH1]
In a word ‘WOW’

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
In a word ‘WOW’

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Does anyone have a logical argument to put after yesterdays podcast against the proposition that Brainchip, Prophesee, Sony and Qualcomm are working together to produce a blur free camera for the mobile phone industry.

Trying to be as rational as possible about this as I can be because this is a very significant development.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 38 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Hi Sinrod,

Dec 4, 2021

https://www.diyphotography.net/qualcomm-teams-up-with-sony-to-strengthen-future-smartphone-camera-integration/#:~:text=Smartphone processor manufacturer Qualcomm has,systems for future smartphone development.[RH1]

[RH1]

Boom Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Taproot

Regular

Our main market, i.e. the machine vision camera industry is facing a seismic shift triggered by shift from CCD to CMOS image sensors, and the commoditization of the camera thereof.

On the other hand, in the course of image sensors becoming a ubiquitous device, we believe that the former passive sensing will inevitably shift to an active, smart device due to the exponential growth of the number of sensors deployed and the amount of data that need to be crunched.
Bearing this trend in mind, we at CIS, are committed to serving the growth of the smart-sensing environment through delivering advanced imaging systems and by providing integrated smart sensing solutions and IPs tailor made to our customers’ needs.

Please do let us know what you want to do with images: We will strive to deliver a cost effective yet powerful solution that meet your ever demanding requirements.

Sincerely,

Yusuke Muraoka
President, CIS Corporation

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

ndefries

Regular
Does anyone have a logical argument to put after yesterdays podcast against the proposition that Brainchip, Prophesee, Sony and Qualcomm are not working together to produce a blur free camera for the mobile phone industry.

Trying to be as rational as possible about this as I can be because this is a very significant development.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
This is probably one of the reasons why our CEO has said that BRN is worth multiples of its current price when asked about.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20
My hero. I feel just like I did when my wife admitted that I was right for the first time in our then forty four years of marriage.

This is a lesson to all ‘if at first you don’t succeed keep trying’ eventually your wife and @Diogenese will be wrong because no one is perfect. 😂🤣😂🤡🤡🤡

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA in a Sony camera phone
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

Gemmax

Regular

Our main market, i.e. the machine vision camera industry is facing a seismic shift triggered by shift from CCD to CMOS image sensors, and the commoditization of the camera thereof.

On the other hand, in the course of image sensors becoming a ubiquitous device, we believe that the former passive sensing will inevitably shift to an active, smart device due to the exponential growth of the number of sensors deployed and the amount of data that need to be crunched.
Bearing this trend in mind, we at CIS, are committed to serving the growth of the smart-sensing environment through delivering advanced imaging systems and by providing integrated smart sensing solutions and IPs tailor made to our customers’ needs.

Please do let us know what you want to do with images: We will strive to deliver a cost effective yet powerful solution that meet your ever demanding requirements.

Sincerely,

Yusuke Muraoka
President, CIS Corporation
Sensors everywhere.
Akida has the ability to make all sensors smart.
Blind Freddie can see the Ecosystem is gathering momentum.
Oh the suspense!
GLTA!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
Does anyone have a logical argument to put after yesterdays podcast against the proposition that Brainchip, Prophesee, Sony and Qualcomm are not working together to produce a blur free camera for the mobile phone industry.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF

I actually wrote the following in my notes but didn't upload it yesterday. I personally agree with your suggestion DYOR

We know Prophesee used Qualcomm’s Snapdragon in previous versions:

‘Integrates the NEW Prophesee 3rd generation VGA CIS camera module into a powerful reference vision system based upon the industry standard Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ • High speed event-based vision usage assembled with Linux • Comprehensive connectivity including Ethernet, USB,WI-FI and more for versatile system integration’

https://www.prophesee.ai/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Prophesee_ONBOARD_Product_Brief.pdf

We know Prophesee appointed a former Qualcomm employee to their board in 2020.

‘Prophesee has named veteran industry executive Behrooz Abdi to its board of directors’

We know Brainchip have a partnership with Prophesee

We know Brainchip were working with Sony (and are probably still an active EAP) DYOR

We know Sony have a partnership with Qualcomm to work on cameras

We know Prophesee was used on a Qualcomm Snapdragon

Speculation:

Brainchip AKIDA IP + Sony + Prophesee cameras + Qualcomm

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users
Hi FF

I actually wrote the following in my notes but didn't upload it yesterday. I personally agree with your suggestion DYOR

We know Prophesee used Qualcomm’s Snapdragon in previous versions:

‘Integrates the NEW Prophesee 3rd generation VGA CIS camera module into a powerful reference vision system based upon the industry standard Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ • High speed event-based vision usage assembled with Linux • Comprehensive connectivity including Ethernet, USB,WI-FI and more for versatile system integration’

https://www.prophesee.ai/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Prophesee_ONBOARD_Product_Brief.pdf

We know Prophesee appointed a former Qualcomm employee to their board in 2020.

‘Prophesee has named veteran industry executive Behrooz Abdi to its board of directors’

We know Brainchip have a partnership with Prophesee

We know Brainchip were working with Sony (and are probably still an active EAP) DYOR

We know Sony have a partnership with Qualcomm to work on cameras

We know Prophesee was used on a Qualcomm Snapdragon

Speculation:

Brainchip AKIDA IP + Sony + Prophesee cameras + Qualcomm
Many thanks for sharing FOH.

If we do not have one reasonable negative argument by close of trading today I am going to have a very happy at times smug weekend.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
This article is just over a year ago...............since then I think Prophesee have presented Sony with another option for event based camera chips

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom