BET Discussion 2022

Lattelarry

Regular
Had a look at Jake's resume on LinkedIn. Have to say there isn't a lot there. Betmakers is pretty much the only company he has worked for.
He's been here 10 years so would know it very well but sometimes fresh eyes can be a big advantage.
As much as I generally dislike management consultants, I think they may have been better off bringing in an MBA who could cut the fat and try and turn it into an efficient organisation.
I don't see anything on his resume that says he has the skills for this so will just have to wait and see.

Uraniborg

Had a look at Jake's resume on LinkedIn. Have to say there isn't a lot there. Betmakers is pretty much the only company he has worked for.
He's been here 10 years so would know it very well but sometimes fresh eyes can be a big advantage.
As much as I generally dislike management consultants, I think they may have been better off bringing in an MBA who could cut the fat and try and turn it into an efficient organisation.
I don't see anything on his resume that says he has the skills for this so will just have to wait and see.
Yeah, it must not be easy to envision a new future and orchestrate the change required to realise this future when you've only experienced one way of doing things. It must be even more difficult with your old boss and mentor still lurking around and looking over your shoulder.

Reactions: 1 users

RHINO

Yeah, it must not be easy to envision a new future and orchestrate the change required to realise this future when you've only experienced one way of doing things. It must be even more difficult with your old boss and mentor still lurking around and looking over your shoulder.
My take is Jake is only warming the seat for the new Ceo that Davey will parachute into the role.
I'm sure Jake is OK but seriously doubt he has the balls for the big calls.
Davey will run the place until they can find someone with a decent resume.
in the meantime Jake will be having sleepless nights staying up to talk to Davey on Vegas time zone.
Anything over $100 spend will have to get the OK from Davey 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Lattelarry

Regular
My take is Jake is only warming the seat for the new Ceo that Davey will parachute into the role.
I'm sure Jake is OK but seriously doubt he has the balls for the big calls.
Davey will run the place until they can find someone with a decent resume.
in the meantime Jake will be having sleepless nights staying up to talk to Davey on Vegas time zone.
Anything over $100 spend will have to get the OK from Davey 🤣🤣🤣
I hope Jake is just warming the seat but I don't get that feeling.

maggies22

Emerged
Buy-side has come back this morning. Shorter's covering? Been an odd couple of days ... can't work out what is going on

If Davey wants to take a greater slice... I assume he can't buy until after the half year results?

Steve10

Regular

TeddyFiles

Regular
How much cash on hand do BET actually have on hand. Looking on Reuters and it say they have negative?

Ibetfixed

Regular
How much cash on hand do BET actually have on hand. Looking on Reuters and it say they have negative?
You have been on hotcrapper too long .. they have scrambled your thinking🤣🤣 … at last report BET had $61mill cash on hand .. $15mill of it in escrow as security .. and no debt …
Reading hotcrapper everyday would definitely have you thinking that BET are just about in receivership .

All the retail sellers are convinced hotcrapper have got it right .🤦🤦🤦

Reactions: 5 users

TeddyFiles

Regular
You have been on hotcrapper too long .. they have scrambled your thinking🤣🤣 … at last report BET had $61mill cash on hand .. $15mill of it in escrow as security .. and no debt …
Reading hotcrapper everyday would definitely have you thinking that BET are just about in receivership .

Haha no not on HC just a third party doing some investigation and he queried a few things including the cash reserves.

TeddyFiles

Regular

And that’s why I asked on here and not HC

Uraniborg

Lattelarry

Regular
It looks like the cost reduction/turnaround program hasn't kicked in yet
Yep still flying people around the world for conferences that aren't even about their region.

TeddyFiles

Regular
It looks like the cost reduction/turnaround program hasn't kicked in yet
From Cape Town to Brisbane? I would say they have. You can’t altogether stop company culture.

Lattelarry

Regular
From Cape Town to Brisbane? I would say they have. You can’t altogether stop company culture.
There's not exactly a culture of being careful with money because you aren't profitable yet though.
Amazon in its early days saved money by putting legs on doors to make cheap desks. Which is all about sending a message of not being wasteful.

maggies22

Emerged
Insiders can start buying today .... are we seeing Davey make a move here?? Lets go

Reactions: 4 users

Lattelarry

Regular
Hope so. Would be good to see a notice tomorrow

RHINO

Without getting too carried away, I sense the Matt Davey effect taking hold over the last couple of sessions.
Too early to call but if we can get up to around 25c -27c range then we can have some confidence in calling the bottom.
Stop the cash flow bleed and one or two positive announcements and this again will be a stock to follow.

Reactions: 3 users

Lattelarry

Regular
Without getting too carried away, I sense the Matt Davey effect taking hold over the last couple of sessions.
Too early to call but if we can get up to around 25c -27c range then we can have some confidence in calling the bottom.
Stop the cash flow bleed and one or two positive announcements and this again will be a stock to follow.
Agree, also there are 111m shares that will need to be covered in one way or another - even if Macquarie isn't buying all back on market I'm sure there will have to be some effect when it starts to reduce.

RHINO

Really interesting trading action going on today.
Its a pissing contest going on at the moment. Interesting to see how it plays out this arvo.

Top Bottom