AVZ Discussion 2022

wombat74

Top 20
"In September 2021, Tianhua Times ( 75 % of Tianhua Energy / 25% of CATL) reached an agreement with AVZ of Australia to inject US$240 million (about 1.5 billion yuan) into Manono in Congo (DRC). For the project, Tianhua Times will also acquire 24% of the equity of the project company, while AVZ will retain 51% of the equity, and the remaining 25% will be held by the Congolese state-owned company Cominiere."

Was an enjoyable read until the next paragraph:

"At present, the identity of Zijin Mining in the project is still uncertain. But in addition to this project, Zijin Mining also signed a cooperation plan with Cominiere to develop the mining rights PE12453 and PE13427 outside the Manono lithium mine, and obtained two greenfield exploration and mining rights projects outside the Manono project."

1240555.gif

There's a Simpsons scene for literally any scenario in life.
I'm taking it as BS until proven otherwise . If the worst is 51% with the Cath deal I'm sure there would be a few punters breathing a sigh of relief . This journalist obviously not up to date regards Zijin . Zijin o%

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Just providing the latest and greatest from the People's Republic.

You might have noticed: :rolleyes:

;)
I did and appreciate.
Btw I looked up permit 13427 on the cadastre and wasn't able to find it.

Flight996

Regular
Haha, Chinese propaganda...the gift that keeps giving.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
13427 is a typo dating back to the original Zijin news story on their website. The correct number is 13247, which sits within 12453.

Reactions: 14 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
For those not watching Twitter, below is an interesting post by Svetlana - I’d missed Nigel making any reference to “Arab interests”, if true, it makes the USD$1Billion MOU with them very encouraging news for AVZ shareholders imo.

1663738745563.jpeg

I'm sorry to ask

But what exactly the fuck is going on here??

1663738784121.jpeg

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

cruiser51

Top 20
13427 is a typo dating back to the original Zijin news story on their website. The correct number is 13247, which sits within 12453.
Thanks X found it and the original Zijin post, posted by Zijin while still publicly tight lipped about its endeavours regarding Dathcom.

Zijin Mining to Explore for Lithium in DRC
Back
2022/02/03 627
Zijin News
– Zijin Mining has secured opportunities for further development in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, thanks to its outstanding performance in the development of the Kolwezi and Kamoa-Kakula copper mines in the country. Zijin’s first lithium exploration project was recently launched through Katamba Mining, following a shareholders meeting held by the company. Katamba Mining is a joint venture between Zijin and Congolaise d'Exploitation Minière (COMINIERE) of the DRC.
To enhance its competitiveness in minerals critical to the renewable energy transition, Zijin Mining, through its DRC team, strengthened cooperation with COMINIERE in August last year. In addition to purchasing shares of some mining projects owned by COMINIERE, Zijin signed a cooperation agreement with the company to jointly develop two mining licenses - PE12453 and PE13427 at the periphery of the Manono lithium mine in the DRC. Zijin holds a 70% stake in Katamba Mining, and has secured rights to explore and develop two greenfield projects at the periphery of the Manono project.
The Manono lithium mine, which is majority-owned by AVZ Minerals of Australia, is one of the world’s largest lithium-rich LCT (lithium, cesium, tantalum) pegmatite deposits that can be developed through open-pit mining. The presence of lithium mineralization in pegmatite at Manono extends along strike for more than 13km, with a thickness of 20 to 230 meters. The mine’s reserve of lithium oxides stands at 8.78 million tonnes.
The two peripheral exploration projects launched by Zijin are on the extension of the Manono mine, and cover about 435 square kilometers, with potential for lithium-niobium-tantalum pegmatite deposits.
The head of Zijin’s DRC team said the PE12453 and PE13427 permits are situated on important metallogenic belts, and therefore have good mineralization conditions and prospects for discoveries. Field exploration activities will commence soon after the shareholders meeting of Katamba Mining.

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users

cruiser51

Top 20
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users

Flight996

Regular
Thanks X found it and the original Zijin post, posted by Zijin while still publicly tight lipped about its endeavours regarding Dathcom.

Zijin Mining to Explore for Lithium in DRC
Back
2022/02/03 627
Zijin News
– Zijin Mining has secured opportunities for further development in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, thanks to its outstanding performance in the development of the Kolwezi and Kamoa-Kakula copper mines in the country. Zijin’s first lithium exploration project was recently launched through Katamba Mining, following a shareholders meeting held by the company. Katamba Mining is a joint venture between Zijin and Congolaise d'Exploitation Minière (COMINIERE) of the DRC.
To enhance its competitiveness in minerals critical to the renewable energy transition, Zijin Mining, through its DRC team, strengthened cooperation with COMINIERE in August last year. In addition to purchasing shares of some mining projects owned by COMINIERE, Zijin signed a cooperation agreement with the company to jointly develop two mining licenses - PE12453 and PE13427 at the periphery of the Manono lithium mine in the DRC. Zijin holds a 70% stake in Katamba Mining, and has secured rights to explore and develop two greenfield projects at the periphery of the Manono project.
The Manono lithium mine, which is majority-owned by AVZ Minerals of Australia, is one of the world’s largest lithium-rich LCT (lithium, cesium, tantalum) pegmatite deposits that can be developed through open-pit mining. The presence of lithium mineralization in pegmatite at Manono extends along strike for more than 13km, with a thickness of 20 to 230 meters. The mine’s reserve of lithium oxides stands at 8.78 million tonnes.
The two peripheral exploration projects launched by Zijin are on the extension of the Manono mine, and cover about 435 square kilometers, with potential for lithium-niobium-tantalum pegmatite deposits.
The head of Zijin’s DRC team said the PE12453 and PE13427 permits are situated on important metallogenic belts, and therefore have good mineralization conditions and prospects for discoveries. Field exploration activities will commence soon after the shareholders meeting of Katamba Mining.

Nice pickup Cruiser51

I took note of this sentence..."Field exploration activities will commence soon after the shareholders meeting of Katamba Mining" which makes me wonder if any of those hawking Chinese rodents have also been trespassing and poking their shovels into AVZ's turf.

Cheers
F

• Thinking

Samus

Top 20
Look at 10 o'clock behind the MoM, our friend mister CAMI himself, showed up for the group photo
Jean Felix Mupande Kapwa is a slippery weasel, likes to keep out of the spotlight. I run a good search on him at least once a week which rarely yields any results... He's dug in. :unsure:

• Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Last edited:
  • Haha

Thaz

Regular
Having UAE involvement would definitely de-risk the project.

• Thinking

GuruDukun

Regular
D87FCD21-005C-4672-9959-81AB135188EA.jpeg

At least some Chinese speaking media has maybe picked up on the Zijin deal - being handed back (for the time being).

• Thinking

Samus

Top 20

We are determined to end the conflict in our country and use resources to get rid of it - President Tshisekedi​

President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, DRC addressing the main debate of the 77th meeting of the UN General Assembly

UN/Cia Pak
President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, DRC addressing the main debate of the 77th meeting of the UN General Assembly
20 September 2022

Agreement between DRC and Zambia to process minerals without pollution​

He said DRC is one of the main producers of important minerals in the transition period to get rid of fossil energy. Minerals such as Lithium, Cobalt, Nickel, Manganese, and have decided to process these minerals without damaging the environment, and so in April this year, DRC and Zambia signed an agreement to establish a value chain in the electric battery sector and the safe energy sector.

He said considering the size of the project, the participation of partners especially in capital and technology will be important

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!

We are determined to end the conflict in our country and use resources to get rid of it - President Tshisekedi​

UN/Cia Pak
20 September 2022

Agreement between DRC and Zambia to process minerals without pollution​

He said DRC is one of the main producers of important minerals in the transition period to get rid of fossil energy. Minerals such as Lithium, Cobalt, Nickel, Manganese, and have decided to process these minerals without damaging the environment, and so in April this year, DRC and Zambia signed an agreement to establish a value chain in the electric battery sector and the safe energy sector.

He said considering the size of the project, the participation of partners especially in capital and technology will be important

• Haha
  • Love

whales

Regular
Look at 10 o'clock behind the MoM, our friend mister CAMI himself, showed up for the group photo
Is this the person in question?
If so then back in DRC , photo 19th Sept Hopefully can sign off surface rights?

Attention!The world's largest lithium mine has obtained a mining license, and many Chinese lithium giants are involved​

:rolleyes:
This exact same article was published by them on August 3rd. I checked the link from a message with the story I sent to my friend on that day (screenshot below) and it now has today's date.

All they have done is change the date of the article and republish it. Unless we really did receive the mining license 7 weeks ago and management just haven't gotten round to telling us then it is definitely fake news.

20220921_175503.jpg

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Samus

Top 20
  • Haha

Frank

Top 20

Lithium prices send battery metals stocks on a mission to the moon

Lithium stocks were the toast of the terrace today as West Australian lithium miners led the ASX materials sector to a 0.79% gain after one of the main price reporting agencies recorded lithium carbonate prices smashing the 500,000 Yuan barrier for the first time in China.

That was around US$71,315/t on Friday, according to Asian Metal, although other agencies have reported them higher.

That’s a more than tripling of prices over the last year according to Bloomberg, with continued shortages of supply for the lithium ion battery input showing why miners are trading at record highs right now.

Some which mine other commodities, like $13 billion iron ore and mining services play Mineral Resources, are even looking at spinouts, with analysts suggesting Chris Ellison’s company could extract more value ($17b) from a lithium spinout than its entire business.

The news also coincided with a visit to Australia by American lithium giant Albemarle, which divulged that it was looking to double the production capacity of its US$1.2 billion plus lithium hydroxide plant in Kemerton in WA’s South West.

Albemarle’s lithium president Eric Norris told The Australian prices would remain high this decade.

“It’s unlike any market that any of us have ever participated in the chemical industry or in the mining industry,” he said.

“The sheer magnitude of the shift that came out of the pandemic – from consumer preferences to government policies in China, the US and Europe – to incentivise the adoption of electric vehicles has been incredible. And then that’s been followed through by every single major automotive manufacturer around the world.”

Cue a run for local stocks.

View attachment 17015

View attachment 17016

View attachment 17018

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono Bro :unsure:

GLTAH's (y)

Cheers 🥧

Frank :cool:
*To add, I see where,

Petra Capital increases share price targets for 6 advanced ASX lithium stocks

• Petra Capital is the latest to adjust its forecast lithium prices upwards
  • This has a large impact on Petra’s ASX lithium stocks under coverage, with all of them expected to enjoy weighty share price gains
  • Stocks under coverage include Anson, Sayona, Leo Lithium, Argosy, Essential, Core, and Galan

On Friday lithium carbonate hit a record of around US$71,315, with some saying prices could stay that high for the rest of the year.

Petra Capital is the latest to adjust its forecast lithium prices upwards following this robust action on the spot market and “ongoing expectations of stronger demand”.

“… we have increased our long-term price for lithium carbonate to $US20,000/t (US$15,000/t previously) from FY28,” Petra says.

“For spodumene we have increased our long-term price to US$1,000.”

This has a large impact on Petra’s ASX lithium stocks under coverage, with all of them expected to enjoy weighty share price gains.

Who’s in the bull pen?​

ARGOSY

The share price target for near-term producer AGY jumps 59% to 85c per share, Petra says.

“AGY is fully funded to production of 2ktpa of LCE with construction 95% complete and first production expected next quarter,” it says.

ANSON RESOURCES

US-based project developer ASN jumps 165% from current levels to $1.02 per share, Petra says.

“The recent major de-risking events have seen ASN gather much more investor attention and are likely to draw attention from US-based investors and offtakers.”

CORE LITHIUM

The near-term Aussie producer is the only one on the list with a HOLD recommendation.

Petra believes it is fairly valued at $1.26 per share; a 12.5% discount to the current price.

“We have always seen a lot of like about CXO; Australian based (Darwin), near term production (this year), fully funded with strong leverage to higher prices, but it has remained fully valued in our view, even at our higher price forecast,” it says.

ESSENTIAL METALS

Petra’s ESS share price target rises 167% on current levels to $1.28 per share.

“ESS has all the attributes one would look for; good geology, close to infrastructure, in an excellent jurisdiction (WA), and a team that has built mines before,” it says.

“It has already been the target of M&A.”

GALAN LITHIUM

With multiple catalysts on the horizon – JORC update, feasibility, permitting – brine play GLN has the highest upside, Petra says.

It has increased GLN’s price target from $2.42 to $3.75 per share – up 174% on current levels.

LEO LITHIUM

Petra has whacked a $1.85 per share price target on the African hard rock play – that’s a big 143% increase on current levels.

“Construction has started on a 500,000tpa mine with Ganfeng as offtaker,” it says.

LLL trades well below the median EV/Reserve (currently $2,158/t LCE) at $895/t LCE.

SAYONA LITHIUM

SYA also gets a BUY rating with a price target of 53c per share – a 100% increase on current levels.

“SYA is restarting an existing spodumene operation in Quebec and has approval for a downstream lithium carbonate plant site,” Petra says.

“It will also develop a second site at Moblan for lithium hydroxide to supply the crucial North American EV supply chain.”

Pilbara Minerals smashes yet another record at its latest spodumene auction

In the latest and ninth auction of spodumene concentrate on Pilbara Minerals Battery Material Exchange platform, the company has pulled in an outrageous US$6988/t for 5000t of 5.5% Li20 concentrate.

For context, that’s a single shipment raking in more than $52 million Aussie dollars.

Adjusted for the 6% benchmark grade normally used by reporters of lithium spot prices, the pull is US$7708/dmt CIF China.

Compare that to the first auction over a year ago, which was one of the biggest price discovery events in the young history of the battery lithium market, and pulled in US$1250/t for a 5.5% Li2O cargo.

Pilbara Minerals pulls US$7708/t in lithium auction and this rocket is showing no signs of slowing down

By the law of things what goes up must come down, but we seem to be waiting a long time for that to happen when it comes to lithium prices after Pilbara Minerals smashed another record with its latest spodumene auction.

The latest and ninth auction of spodumene concentrate on PLS’ Battery Material Exchange platform has pulled in an outrageous US$6988/t for 5000t of 5.5% Li20 concentrate.

That is a single shipment raking in more than $52 million Aussie, the sort of haul iron ore miners would dream of raking in on one cargo.

Adjusted for the 6% benchmark grade normally used by reporters of lithium spot prices, the pull is US$7708/dmt CIF China.

What the actual?

Need a reminder of how this story has developed since the Pilgangoora miner, which delivered a record $561.8m full year profit in FY22 has gone?

The first auction over a year ago, one of the biggest price discovery events in the young history of the battery lithium market, pulled in US$1250/t for a 5.5% Li2O cargo.

Check out the progress:

1st Auction, 2nd Auction, 3rd Auction, 4th Auction, 5th Auction, 6th Auction (bidding got so frenzied PLS accepted a bid before the sale had even taken place), 7th Auction, 8th Auction.

As our intrepid Dep Ed. Reubs said in our regular chat to simply gawk at the prices lithium converters are throwing on the table to feed the growing EV industry in China, “not even the most bullish of bulls would have predicted this a couple years ago”.

Pilbara Minerals was up 1% to a record $4.94 this morning, defying a tidal wave of negative sentiment engulfing the market, with ASX mining stocks down 2.27% with the broader ASX 200 facing a 1.43% sell off.

stockhead

*Meanwhile, back in the DRC :rolleyes:

AVZ ML.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
*To add, I see where,

Petra Capital increases share price targets for 6 advanced ASX lithium stocks

• Petra Capital is the latest to adjust its forecast lithium prices upwards
  • This has a large impact on Petra’s ASX lithium stocks under coverage, with all of them expected to enjoy weighty share price gains
  • Stocks under coverage include Anson, Sayona, Leo Lithium, Argosy, Essential, Core, and Galan

On Friday lithium carbonate hit a record of around US$71,315, with some saying prices could stay that high for the rest of the year.

Petra Capital is the latest to adjust its forecast lithium prices upwards following this robust action on the spot market and “ongoing expectations of stronger demand”.

“… we have increased our long-term price for lithium carbonate to $US20,000/t (US$15,000/t previously) from FY28,” Petra says.

“For spodumene we have increased our long-term price to US$1,000.”

This has a large impact on Petra’s ASX lithium stocks under coverage, with all of them expected to enjoy weighty share price gains.

Who’s in the bull pen?​

ARGOSY

The share price target for near-term producer AGY jumps 59% to 85c per share, Petra says.

“AGY is fully funded to production of 2ktpa of LCE with construction 95% complete and first production expected next quarter,” it says.

ANSON RESOURCES

US-based project developer ASN jumps 165% from current levels to $1.02 per share, Petra says.

“The recent major de-risking events have seen ASN gather much more investor attention and are likely to draw attention from US-based investors and offtakers.”

CORE LITHIUM

The near-term Aussie producer is the only one on the list with a HOLD recommendation.

Petra believes it is fairly valued at $1.26 per share; a 12.5% discount to the current price.

“We have always seen a lot of like about CXO; Australian based (Darwin), near term production (this year), fully funded with strong leverage to higher prices, but it has remained fully valued in our view, even at our higher price forecast,” it says.

ESSENTIAL METALS

Petra’s ESS share price target rises 167% on current levels to $1.28 per share.

“ESS has all the attributes one would look for; good geology, close to infrastructure, in an excellent jurisdiction (WA), and a team that has built mines before,” it says.

“It has already been the target of M&A.”

GALAN LITHIUM

With multiple catalysts on the horizon – JORC update, feasibility, permitting – brine play GLN has the highest upside, Petra says.

It has increased GLN’s price target from $2.42 to $3.75 per share – up 174% on current levels.

LEO LITHIUM

Petra has whacked a $1.85 per share price target on the African hard rock play – that’s a big 143% increase on current levels.

“Construction has started on a 500,000tpa mine with Ganfeng as offtaker,” it says.

LLL trades well below the median EV/Reserve (currently $2,158/t LCE) at $895/t LCE.

SAYONA LITHIUM

SYA also gets a BUY rating with a price target of 53c per share – a 100% increase on current levels.

“SYA is restarting an existing spodumene operation in Quebec and has approval for a downstream lithium carbonate plant site,” Petra says.

“It will also develop a second site at Moblan for lithium hydroxide to supply the crucial North American EV supply chain.”

Pilbara Minerals smashes yet another record at its latest spodumene auction

In the latest and ninth auction of spodumene concentrate on Pilbara Minerals Battery Material Exchange platform, the company has pulled in an outrageous US$6988/t for 5000t of 5.5% Li20 concentrate.

For context, that’s a single shipment raking in more than $52 million Aussie dollars.

Compare that to the first auction over a year ago, which was one of the biggest price discovery events in the young history of the battery lithium market, and pulled in US$1250/t for a 5.5% Li2O cargo.

Pilbara Minerals pulls US$7708/t in lithium auction and this rocket is showing no signs of slowing down

By the law of things what goes up must come down, but we seem to be waiting a long time for that to happen when it comes to lithium prices after Pilbara Minerals smashed another record with its latest spodumene auction.

The latest and ninth auction of spodumene concentrate on PLS’ Battery Material Exchange platform has pulled in an outrageous US$6988/t for 5000t of 5.5% Li20 concentrate.

That is a single shipment raking in more than $52 million Aussie, the sort of haul iron ore miners would dream of raking in on one cargo.

What the actual?

Need a reminder of how this story has developed since the Pilgangoora miner, which delivered a record $561.8m full year profit in FY22 has gone?

The first auction over a year ago, one of the biggest price discovery events in the young history of the battery lithium market, pulled in US$1250/t for a 5.5% Li2O cargo.

Check out the progress:

1st Auction, 2nd Auction, 3rd Auction, 4th Auction, 5th Auction, 6th Auction (bidding got so frenzied PLS accepted a bid before the sale had even taken place), 7th Auction, 8th Auction.

As our intrepid Dep Ed. Reubs said in our regular chat to simply gawk at the prices lithium converters are throwing on the table to feed the growing EV industry in China, “not even the most bullish of bulls would have predicted this a couple years ago”.

Pilbara Minerals was up 1% to a record $4.94 this morning, defying a tidal wave of negative sentiment engulfing the market, with ASX mining stocks down 2.27% with the broader ASX 200 facing a 1.43% sell off.

stockhead

*Meanwhile, back in the DRC :rolleyes:

View attachment 17118
@BEISHA

1663751921215.jpeg

You gotta love this one! :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Onthefm

Regular
This exact same article was published by them on August 3rd. I checked the link from a message with the story I sent to my friend on that day (screenshot below) and it now has today's date.

All they have done is change the date of the article and republish it. Unless we really did receive the mining license 7 weeks ago and management just haven't gotten round to telling us then it is definitely fake news.

View attachment 17104
To my little mind all these articles from China just confirms this is the largest and best quality resource on the planet. Hence its strategic and worth shit loads.

• Fire
Top Bottom