AVZ Discussion 2022

Roller62

Regular
Answered my question myself

"The signing of the Ministerial Decree to award the Mining Licence to Dathcom Mining SA, in which AVZ holds a 75% interest via its wholly owned subsidiary AVZ International Pty Ltd (AVZI), is now with the Cadastre Minier (CAMI), which operate under the supervision of the Minister of Mines, to officially award the Mining Licence.

In accordance with DRC Mining Code, CAMI are required to calculate the surface rights fees payable by Dathcom and provide the Mining Licence following receipt of this payment. The Mining Licence to be issued, will cover the entirety of the Roche Dure JORC Mineral Resource (401 million tonnes at Li20 1.65%) and the Carriere de l’Este exploration target.

The Ministerial Decree excludes a portion of the land holding to the north, which will be required to be renewed under a five-year Permit de Research (PR or Exploration Licence) to Dathcom, with discussions regarding the terms of the ongoing joint venture agreement on the PR to be finalised with the DRC Government in the near future, in addition to finalising discussions for the Collaboration Development Agreement with DRC Council of Ministers to provide wide ranging support for the Manono Project."

So, M of Mines did the cutting, imo

I don't believe the MOM is the culprit. I believe there are a few that are in on it including this guy.

1663043837108.png

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
He must have dirt on Felix, to still be there, tbh

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

The Fox

Regular
Hi Fox, any news from the ground? We still expecting some action by the 15th, 19th or 21st?
Working on it with Deboss. I'll revert shortly. 😁

1663044073878.png
1663044091299.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

TDITD

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
AVZ did nothing incorrect and should have keep holding all of 13359.

It should never have been split.

The ML should have covered all of the original tenement (RD AND CDL).
The thing that gets me is why did we trade for 3 days after the Ministerial Decree announcement before going into suspension. We were in trading halt from Monday May 2nd until the decree was announced to market on Wednesday May 4th so surely the company had time to review the decree and match it up to the mining code before putting out the news. We then traded until close on Friday May 6th before suspension started the week after.

The announcement about the Ministerial Decree on May 4th 2022 (link and screenshots below) specifically mentions that 'the Mining License covers the entirety of the Roche Dure JORC and Mineral Resource and Reserve and the Carriere de l'Este exploration target'. It then mentions an area to the north being excluded that will need to be renewed under a 5-year Permit de Research with discussions regarding the terms of the ongoing joint venture agreement with the DRC government to be finialised in the near future.

20220913_140852.jpg

20220913_141646.jpg

The Mining License Update on July 15th 2022 makes no mention of the northern area being disputed by AVZ and the Quarterly Activities on July 29th 2022 (information includes up to June 30th 2022) says the same thing as the May 4th 2022 announcement (links and screenshots below). Both announcements by the company that have mentioned this matter say the area to the north is subject to discussions with the DRC government about the terms of a joint venture agreement.

20220913_141357.jpg

20220913_141005.jpg

20220913_141314.jpg

So it would seem that Carriere de l'Este is included in the licence in some capacity. I'm unsure as to exactly where the exploration target cut off point is but management seemed happy enough with this at first and haven't publicly disputed it. I vaguely remember something someone said about it being up to the last drilling hole we did in CDL but I'm not sure if that's accurate. The company in the May 4th 2022 and July 29th 2022 announcements say to refer to the August 16th 2021 announcement about Carriere de l'Este drill results (link and screenshots below).

20220913_140945.jpg
20220913_140914.jpg

Someone here mentioned (can't remember who sorry) last week when I brought this up that it was possibly only after review by AVZ's lawyers that the company realised that we should be disputing the area to the north being cut off but I would really hope that they were across that before announcing the Ministerial Decree to the market. That seems the most logical explanation that I've heard but it would be a major fuck up of due diligence by the company if that's what has happened.

Would it really take 4 months and counting to have our and the governments lawyers review the mining code to work out area zoning?

Especially considering management seem happy enough saying the area to the north is not included in the licence and the terms of a joint venture for a 5-year Permit de Research renewal is under discussion with the DRC government?

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

wombat74

Top 20
Thank you mate I appreciate that, thanks. Avz has been testing and that is just the announcements or lack thereof and the uncertainty, let alone the bottom dwellers on literally every social media out there feeding off of the uncertainty out there making our lives just that bit harder.

Jesus if I didnt 'joke' about it I'd be in an asylum (jurys out on that anyhow). I think once this shit show is sorted out we all need to treat ourselves to some ice cold beer, a few shots and of course those nicely cut lines 😂

Hope everyone is all good, an FFS if it is bad, an I mean bad please go and talk to someone.🙏🍻
We got Fox's , Nellies and Obe wan's predictions coming up . I'm not saying it to be a smarty pants . I'm hoping they are on the money . Fox working with Deboss gives it a little more cred as well . Must be close now .

• Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Charbella

Regular
Interesting post retweeted by AVZ lawyer. Going from history, he only ever retweets AVZ related matters.🤪

Attachments

• 80BF69C8-6324-43F8-9C5B-3BF5C6E441BC.png
    80BF69C8-6324-43F8-9C5B-3BF5C6E441BC.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 227
Reactions: 19 users

obe wan

Regular
He must have dirt on Felix, to still be there, tbh
SEZ highly likely to be the weighted trailer; 2nd gear and running on a rim, should magically cross the line about the same :rolleyes:

Reactions: 7 users

wombat74

Top 20
SEZ highly likely to be the weighted trailer; 2nd gear and running on a rim, should magically cross the line about the same :rolleyes:
Sorry mate I'm a bit of a dunce . Can't quite decipher this one . Could break this down for me please ? cheers

Reactions: 2 users

JAG

Top 20
55C2077B-284E-4DC2-8678-98C995630447.png

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

JAG

Top 20
DA296508-C1E8-4D44-96C9-CB41B7411FE6.png

• Fire

JAG

Top 20
7E5D164C-6BE4-49E2-ACA6-13A7C44758FF.png

• Thinking

JAG

Top 20
D76D3496-19D0-41CF-B8F4-8BD7A7744D2F.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Frank

Top 20

To add, I see where,

Another battery metals bull run sends lithium superpowers to record highs

Lithium companies, battered and bruised after Goldman Sachs sent investors running for the hills in May with a bearish prediction of a price crash, are back on top of their games.

Pilbara Minerals has risen an astonishing 47.52% over the past month to a new all time high today of $4.78.

That gives the miner a market cap of over $14 billion, outpacing every gold miner on the ASX barring Newcrest.

PLS wasn’t the only lithium miner picking up tailwinds today.

Allkem rose almost 3% to $15.99, another record taking its MC beyond the $10 billion mark.

MinRes also crossed the $14 billion MC milestone, with its shares up 1.77% to $74.38, while $11 billion IGO was up 2.39%.

A host of mid-tier battery metals stocks also reported big gains.

News of MinRes’ proposed spinoff of its lithium assets into a separate New York listed company has sent brokers rushing to update their price decks for lithium.

Investment bankers Barrenjoey upgraded their lithium price predictions by between 36 and 86% for 2023 and 2024, upgrading their price targets on IGO and MinRes from $13.50 to $15.50 and $67 to $77, respectively.

Fastmarkets’ assessed lithium hydroxide and lithium carbonate prices continue to edge higher, assessed at US$77/kg and US$73.5/kg respectively overnight, up from around US$40,000/t at the end of 2021.

We need ‘+330 mines in 12 years’ to feed battery demand.

We need over 300 new mines to feed a 500% increase in battery demand by 2035, Benchmark Mineral Intelligence predicts.

At least 384 new graphite, lithium, nickel, and cobalt mines are needed in the next 12 years, which drops to an almost-as-unwieldy 336 if recycling of raw materials is factored in.

A very tough ask, for several reasons.

One – the chance of finding an economic mineral deposit in the first place is frightfully small.

There are many thousands of listed and unlisted exploration companies globally, and yet probably only 25 bona fide discoveries are made per year, famous resources sector investor Rick Rule says.

“Only one in 3000 mineralised anomalies becomes a mine,” he says.

Two – it takes a long time to build a mine from scratch.

Minrex Consulting managing director Richard Schodde estimated an average delay between discovery and development of 12.4 years, based on data for 4676 significant non-bulk mineral discoveries made in the world since 1950.

That lead time is getting worse, he says.

“Depending on the commodity, only 50-70% (by number) and 60-80% (by contained metal) of discoveries turn into mines, and the average delay period has blown out to ~20 years,” Schodde said in 2017.

“In other words, it is getting progressively harder and slower to turn a discovery into a mine.

“This has profound implications on the industry’s long-term ability to supply new metal to customers.”

Companies like Sandfire , which went from discovery hole to first copper production in just over three years at DeGrussa, are exceptions to the rule. Another would be Sirius, which took just 5five years to get the Nova nickel discovery into production.

There are many more reasons why that ‘+300-mines in 12 years’ target looks unlikely – like NIMBYism and jurisdictional risk — which puts those juniors with established resources and a clear plan to enter production in the next eight years in a very strong position.

“The data highlights the height of the raw material challenge facing global automakers as they look to scale up production of electric vehicles this decade,” Benchmark says.

Demand for lithium-ion batteries is set to grow six-fold by 2032.

Yet supplies of lithium, graphite, nickel, and cobalt will need to keep pace with demand, especially post 2030.

“While recycling of raw materials will have the most impact on future cobalt supply, it’s not yet set to have much impact on materials such as graphite.”

Today we look at a bunch of advanced ASX graphite, lithium, cobalt, and nickel project developers — plus a couple of recycling projects — which are first in line to feed Benchmark’s predicted shortfall.

Don’t be mad if your favourite stock is missing, just let us know. Nicely.

LITHIUM​

To meet the world’s lithium requirements would require 74 new lithium mines with an average size of 45,000 tonnes by 2035, according to Benchmark.

Effective recycling could pare that back to 59 mines at 45,000t LCE (lithium carbonate eq).

That is still a lot of LCE, especially considering many of the next crop of producers are starting small (~10,000t to 20,000t) and working their way up to half-century run rate after a few years on the tools.

We cover the next class of potential lithium producers a lot.

They include stocks like Core, Vulcan, Liontown, Sayona, Leo Lithium, Lake Resources and Piedmont, give or take a few.

But what happens beyond the next couple of years?

Lithium.jpg

AVZ # ! #.jpg

The-future-is-Electric.png

Mining.png

AVZ-Minerals-.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Doc

Master of Quan
From Scoota on the bird. Hands up who’s boat?
C324D530-5D9D-49FB-9B23-F7511813CA96.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love

wombat74

Top 20
Who else is feeling it tonight ? I'm getting tingles .

• Thinking

j.l

Regular
Reactions: 6 users

antimatter

Regular
I hope it's the tingle from imminent AVZ news and not the tingle down there from snorting some white powder on strippers titts.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
D

Deleted member 1612

I got tingles reading that you have tingles because I trust your tingles are onto something…

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

oxxa23

Regular
I hope it's the tingle from imminent AVZ news and not the tingle down there from snorting some white powder on strippers titts.
That's just selfish...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom