AVZ Discussion 2022

Frank

Top 20
It's total fuck up . Instead of discussing the building of the mine we are are talking about a possible punishment for a bunch of corrupt scumbags . The Chinese are the instigators of all this. They provide the snacks to this weak bunch of immoral arseholes. The Chinese are untouchable and are laughing their arses off . Tick Tock Chinese TiME .
*Fyi,

DRC-China: exchanges of experience between the Senate and the National People's Assembly

1669636030405.png

The China-DRC Friendship Group of the Chinese National People's Congress expressed its availability to strengthen the exchange of experiences with the Congolese Parliament in terms of bilateral cooperation, in a correspondence delivered this Saturday, November 26, 2022 to the President of the Senate, Modest Bahati.

“Today is a very significant day in the annals of the history of Sino-Congolese relations.

I am very happy and very honored to be received in audience by the Honorable President and the members of the China-DRC friendship group of the Senate.

It was a very friendly meeting.

Our history of friendship and cooperation dates back fifty years,” said China’s charge d’affaires in the DRC, Wang Hailong, after the audience granted to him by Modeste Bahati at the People’s Palace.

According to the Chinese diplomat, the message of the Chairman of the China-DRC Friendship Group of the National People's Congress of China, Gao Hucheng to his counterpart in the upper house of the Congolese Parliament, constitutes an invitation to work together with the Senate of the DRC with a view to strengthening bilateral cooperation between Kinshasa and Beijing.

"I take this opportunity to reiterate to all dear Congolese friends the availability of the Chinese government to always work hand in hand with the Congolese government for the development of a strategic partnership for the benefit of our two peoples," said the Chinese diplomat. .

On this occasion, he handed over a batch of computer equipment to the President of the Senate, as part of parliamentary diplomacy, in order to support the reforms undertaken by the Upper House of Parliament in its service modernization component.

Bilateral cooperation between the DRC and China, it is recalled, has just completed 50 years of existence with several achievements in various fields.

On November 04, 2022, Senate First Vice President Eddy Mundela had a video conference with Deputy Chairman of the National People's Congress Standing Committee and Chairman of the China Democratic League Central Committee Ding Zhongli , from whom he sought Beijing's support within the UN Security Council to force the M23 to withdraw immediately from Congolese territory.

The two personalities also mentioned the intensification of the activities of the DRC-China Friendship Group, the installation in the DRC of a subsidiary of the Chinese Development Bank as well as the strengthening of military and economic cooperation.

mediacongo

China-Belt-and-Road-Initiative #.jpg

CONGOLESE TOWN TO ‘DISAPPEAR’ TO GIVE WAY FOR COBALT MINES

Houses in the Gecamine district of the DRC on the edge of the abyss of the Chinese mining company COMMUS, downtown Kolwezi.

Once a thriving neighborhood of neat houses and tree-shaded avenues, this district of the city of Kolwezi is now nearly destroyed.

“We are finished,” said Alphonse Fwamba Mutombo, standing on a rubble overlooking an open-cast cobalt mine in Kolwezi, south eastern DR Congo.

His had once been a thriving neighborhood of neat houses and tree-shaded avenues.

Today, the wreckage of demolished houses, separated from the sprawling pit by a concrete barrier, surrounds his cherished home.

The Chinese-owned mine wants to expand, and many of Mutombo’s fellow residents have taken buy-outs.

Mr Mutombo does not want to leave.

The 70-year-old is clinging on, hoping to secure a better deal.

“We live on top of minerals,” Mr.. Mutombo said.

But he had no delusions about what ultimately awaited his neighborhood: “It will disappear,” he said.

Kolwezi, home to more than half a million people, sits atop some of the world’s richest mineral reserves — a treasure trove of copper, cobalt and gold that provide the motor for DR Congo’s economy.

INDUSTRIAL MINES​

The city is already ringed by a moat of industrial mines, a sandy moonscape of enormous open pits, access roads and pylons.

But mining is increasingly edging inside the city itself, uprooting thousands of people who often complain of unfair treatment.

Mining permits cover most of Kolwezi’s surface area, according to the Democratic Republic of Congo’s mining cadaster .

Kolwezi was founded in 1937 by the then Belgian Congo’s mining monopoly.

Seven years after independence in 1960, the monopoly was nationalized, eventually becoming a giant called the Generale des Carrieres et des Mines, or Gecamines.

As mining in Kolwezi flourished in the subsequent years, the parastatal built neighborhoods such as Mutombo’s Quartier Gecamines Kolwezi for its workers.

Gecamines’ production collapsed in the 1990s after decades of mismanagement, but many of the neighborhoods’ remaining residents still have ties to the firm.

“Everyone’s gone, we’re the ones who are left,” said Martin Tino Kolpy Kapenda, a retired Gecamines employee, standing on the plot of what was once his neighbor’s house.

MORE MONEY​

Kapenda, 60, also wants more money from Compagnie Minière de Musonoi (COMMUS), the Chinese firm that owns the adjacent copper-cobalt mine.

Some of the remaining residents fear the money on offer will not allow them to find similar-quality housing elsewhere.

Their district has reliable electricity and running water, a rarity in the DRC.

About 2,000 people out of 38,000 have left the neighborhood within the last six months, according to city figures seen by the media.

An official in the city administration, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the entire district may disappear within three years.

COMMUS is offering residents $7,500 to leave, the official said, although many of the remaining residents are asking for at least three times that amount.

A semi-abandoned housing estate several kilometers outside of Kolwezi has served as a warning to some about enticements offered to leave neighborhoods’ opened up for mining.

Luzanga Muteba, 78, accepted an offer in 2017 from Chinese firm Congo Dongfang International Mining (CDM) to leave his native Kasulo district.

NEIGHBOURHOOD RAZED​

A portion of that neighbourhood was razed to make way for a cobalt mine. In surrounding houses, many residents have taken to digging in their gardens for minerals themselves.

CDM built 21 houses for displaced Kasulo residents, but they say the firm never finished the work.

Muteba, wearing an oversized pinstriped shirt, said he once had a thriving bakery in Kasulo, but cannot replicate the business in his new location, which is relatively isolated.

There is also no running water or electricity, although pylons carrying power to nearby mines stretch over the housing estate. Only a few of the houses are now inhabited.

FINISH THE WORK​

“They have to come and finish the work,” said Muteba, pointing to fetid green puddles in a ravine, where he and other residents draw their water.

“They take our minerals and develop their country,” he added, noting that he was losing hope after petitioning the government several times, without success.

“I wait only for death,” Muteba said.

Shanghai-based Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt, which owns majority stakes in both COMMUS and CDM, did not respond to questions.

A senior official in the local government, who asked for anonymity, said he thought it was “inevitable” that Kolwezi would one day disappear under expanding mines.

“This is the mess we live in,” said the official.

Source: The EastAfrican

China-Belt-and-Road-Initiative !!! .jpg

Food for thought :rolleyes:

Frank :confused:

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

Rediah

Regular
Some people are trying to figure out meaning of life, some wants the answers whether there is water on Mars and can it support life, some are still thinking if they could get to witness historic Story Bridge event….

And here I am sitting at traffic light thinking about what were those grins at AVZ’s command centre.

Bored Richard Hammond GIF by DriveTribe

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
*Fyi,

DRC-China: exchanges of experience between the Senate and the National People's Assembly

View attachment 23071

The China-DRC Friendship Group of the Chinese National People's Congress expressed its availability to strengthen the exchange of experiences with the Congolese Parliament in terms of bilateral cooperation, in a correspondence delivered this Saturday, November 26, 2022 to the President of the Senate, Modest Bahati.

“Today is a very significant day in the annals of the history of Sino-Congolese relations.

I am very happy and very honored to be received in audience by the Honorable President and the members of the China-DRC friendship group of the Senate.

It was a very friendly meeting.

Our history of friendship and cooperation dates back fifty years,” said China’s charge d’affaires in the DRC, Wang Hailong, after the audience granted to him by Modeste Bahati at the People’s Palace.

According to the Chinese diplomat, the message of the Chairman of the China-DRC Friendship Group of the National People's Congress of China, Gao Hucheng to his counterpart in the upper house of the Congolese Parliament, constitutes an invitation to work together with the Senate of the DRC with a view to strengthening bilateral cooperation between Kinshasa and Beijing.

"I take this opportunity to reiterate to all dear Congolese friends the availability of the Chinese government to always work hand in hand with the Congolese government for the development of a strategic partnership for the benefit of our two peoples," said the Chinese diplomat. .

On this occasion, he handed over a batch of computer equipment to the President of the Senate, as part of parliamentary diplomacy, in order to support the reforms undertaken by the Upper House of Parliament in its service modernization component.

Bilateral cooperation between the DRC and China, it is recalled, has just completed 50 years of existence with several achievements in various fields.

On November 04, 2022, Senate First Vice President Eddy Mundela had a video conference with Deputy Chairman of the National People's Congress Standing Committee and Chairman of the China Democratic League Central Committee Ding Zhongli , from whom he sought Beijing's support within the UN Security Council to force the M23 to withdraw immediately from Congolese territory.

The two personalities also mentioned the intensification of the activities of the DRC-China Friendship Group, the installation in the DRC of a subsidiary of the Chinese Development Bank as well as the strengthening of military and economic cooperation.

mediacongo

View attachment 23073

CONGOLESE TOWN TO ‘DISAPPEAR’ TO GIVE WAY FOR COBALT MINES

Houses in the Gecamine district of the DRC on the edge of the abyss of the Chinese mining company COMMUS, downtown Kolwezi.

Once a thriving neighborhood of neat houses and tree-shaded avenues, this district of the city of Kolwezi is now nearly destroyed.

“We are finished,” said Alphonse Fwamba Mutombo, standing on a rubble overlooking an open-cast cobalt mine in Kolwezi, south eastern DR Congo.

His had once been a thriving neighborhood of neat houses and tree-shaded avenues.

Today, the wreckage of demolished houses, separated from the sprawling pit by a concrete barrier, surrounds his cherished home.

The Chinese-owned mine wants to expand, and many of Mutombo’s fellow residents have taken buy-outs.

Mr Mutombo does not want to leave.

The 70-year-old is clinging on, hoping to secure a better deal.

“We live on top of minerals,” Mr.. Mutombo said.

But he had no delusions about what ultimately awaited his neighborhood: “It will disappear,” he said.

Kolwezi, home to more than half a million people, sits atop some of the world’s richest mineral reserves — a treasure trove of copper, cobalt and gold that provide the motor for DR Congo’s economy.

INDUSTRIAL MINES​

The city is already ringed by a moat of industrial mines, a sandy moonscape of enormous open pits, access roads and pylons.

But mining is increasingly edging inside the city itself, uprooting thousands of people who often complain of unfair treatment.

Mining permits cover most of Kolwezi’s surface area, according to the Democratic Republic of Congo’s mining cadaster .

Kolwezi was founded in 1937 by the then Belgian Congo’s mining monopoly.

Seven years after independence in 1960, the monopoly was nationalized, eventually becoming a giant called the Generale des Carrieres et des Mines, or Gecamines.

As mining in Kolwezi flourished in the subsequent years, the parastatal built neighborhoods such as Mutombo’s Quartier Gecamines Kolwezi for its workers.

Gecamines’ production collapsed in the 1990s after decades of mismanagement, but many of the neighborhoods’ remaining residents still have ties to the firm.

“Everyone’s gone, we’re the ones who are left,” said Martin Tino Kolpy Kapenda, a retired Gecamines employee, standing on the plot of what was once his neighbor’s house.

MORE MONEY​

Kapenda, 60, also wants more money from Compagnie Minière de Musonoi (COMMUS), the Chinese firm that owns the adjacent copper-cobalt mine.

Some of the remaining residents fear the money on offer will not allow them to find similar-quality housing elsewhere.

Their district has reliable electricity and running water, a rarity in the DRC.

About 2,000 people out of 38,000 have left the neighborhood within the last six months, according to city figures seen by the media.

An official in the city administration, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the entire district may disappear within three years.

COMMUS is offering residents $7,500 to leave, the official said, although many of the remaining residents are asking for at least three times that amount.

A semi-abandoned housing estate several kilometers outside of Kolwezi has served as a warning to some about enticements offered to leave neighborhoods’ opened up for mining.

Luzanga Muteba, 78, accepted an offer in 2017 from Chinese firm Congo Dongfang International Mining (CDM) to leave his native Kasulo district.

NEIGHBOURHOOD RAZED​

A portion of that neighbourhood was razed to make way for a cobalt mine. In surrounding houses, many residents have taken to digging in their gardens for minerals themselves.

CDM built 21 houses for displaced Kasulo residents, but they say the firm never finished the work.

Muteba, wearing an oversized pinstriped shirt, said he once had a thriving bakery in Kasulo, but cannot replicate the business in his new location, which is relatively isolated.

There is also no running water or electricity, although pylons carrying power to nearby mines stretch over the housing estate. Only a few of the houses are now inhabited.

FINISH THE WORK​

“They have to come and finish the work,” said Muteba, pointing to fetid green puddles in a ravine, where he and other residents draw their water.

“They take our minerals and develop their country,” he added, noting that he was losing hope after petitioning the government several times, without success.

“I wait only for death,” Muteba said.

Shanghai-based Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt, which owns majority stakes in both COMMUS and CDM, did not respond to questions.

A senior official in the local government, who asked for anonymity, said he thought it was “inevitable” that Kolwezi would one day disappear under expanding mines.

“This is the mess we live in,” said the official.

Source: The EastAfrican

View attachment 23072

Food for thought :rolleyes:

Frank :confused:
On this occasion, he handed over a batch of computer equipment to the President of the Senate”
You can be 100% certain that this would be no ordinary computer equipment. There’s a very good reason why Chinese networking and computer kit is banned from many western countries…The DRC would have to be batshit crazy to install such equipment IN THE SEAT OF GOVERNMENT over the smarter option of throwing them into the nearest volcano.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

CashKing

Regular
Some people are trying to figure out meaning of life, some wants the answers whether there is water on Mars and can it support life, some are still thinking if they could get to witness historic Story Bridge event….

And here I am sitting at traffic light thinking about what were those grins at AVZ’s command centre.

I just want JAG to stop Diving down on my pots 😂

Only joking old mate 😃

Unless you are 🧐 💥 💥 🥊 💰 💼 😂

GLTAH

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Thanks for some great info everyone.

I don’t have much input yet but I do have this.

When the Greek Goddess’s demand seafood Monday I never say no. @MoneyBags1348 😎

Mate...

Just a few of the lobsters on the grill would have sufficed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You bring the seafood I'll bring the right booze from Australia's premier wine state!! :oops::D:ROFLMAO:

Cheers!

:cool:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Spikerama

Regular
Thanks for some great info everyone.

I don’t have much input yet but I do have this.

When the Greek Goddess’s demand seafood Monday I never say no. @MoneyBags1348 😎
They look amazing mate. I can never seem to cook prawns right on the barbie. Always over done.

Reactions: 2 users

JAG

Top 20
Just some strip ratios to salivate over.......by netoo

1669670848000.png

1669670872136.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

JAG

Top 20
1669670967848.png

Reactions: 17 users

JAG

Top 20
By Gilbert Ngonga

In a joint statement, Congolese civil society organizations and platforms specialized in mining issues (Justicia Asbl, LICOCO, RND Asbl, POM, MDR, GANVE, CDH, ESPOIR NGO, RCEN, CERN / CENCO, TPRDC, MAX IMPACT), which have monitored the exploitation of natural resources in the Democratic Republic of Congo, ask the President of the Republic to dismiss the Minister of the Portfolio of the Government of the Republic, for not respecting the vision of the Head of State on the fight against anti-values in Portfolio companies, and for ignoring the reports of the Superior Council of the Portfolio of 2021 and the General Inspectorate of Finance of 2022 on COMINIERE SA by protecting agents accused of sell-off, mismanagement of State assets and incompetence for reasons to be given to justice.

These organizations also ask Felix Tshisekedi to change the General Directorate of the Mining Cadastre in office for more than ten years and which, according to them, the management of the register of mining assets of the State has been increasingly contested by several people for years.

In addition, they call on the President of the Republic to ensure that no interference or political pressure is made on the justice system regarding this case (COMMINIERE SA) which, according to these organizations, should serve as an example to all other managers of the companies in the Portfolio.

To this end, these civil society organizations ask the Prime Minister, Jean Michel Sama Lukonde, to urgently propose new competent and patriotic representatives, for appointment by Felix Tshisekedi at COMINIERE SA "to replace those who have failed to protect the interests of the State and those of the population, including that of Manono and Malemba Nkulu."

Reactions: 25 users

JAG

Top 20
1669671304350.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

JAG

Top 20
I just want JAG to stop Diving down on my pots 😂

Only joking old mate 😃

Unless you are 🧐 💥 💥 🥊 💰 💼 😂

GLTAH
When you review your underwater camera's and if you see someone doing a Moonie that's the brother in law...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Santa Claus Hello GIF by Cameo

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Samus

Top 20
The DG of Cominière arrested and transferred to Makala prison
societe_cominiere_agent_jpg_711_473_1.jpeg

The general prosecutor's office of Kinshasa/Gombe arrested last Friday the CEO of the company Cominière, Athanase Mwamba, would be accused of selling off the mining assets of this state company. After being heard, the general manager of Cominière was taken to Makala prison.
According to the press release from 12 civil society organizations on Sunday, the arrest of the DG de la Cominière by the courts aims to fight corruption. Indeed, recall these organizations, this manager would have, during the sale, undervalued the shares of this state company in the DATCOM company. For these organizations, including Justicia, Ganve CERN-CENCO, this act constitutes a sell-off of the mining heritage of the State.
Moreover always indicate these organizations, several reproaches were made to the persons in charge for the company of Manono. It is in particular the lethargy in the follow-up of the files of certain joint-ventures. Also, the transfer deemed illegal of two mining squares to the Chinese company Hongkong Excellent mining. The latter would have no link with Cominière SA, yet the two mining squares sold are registered in the mining cadastre.
To this end, the NGOs recommend that each public authority play its role in the protection and defense of natural resources. They demand that justice be done in this case.
Responsibility of the Board of Directors
On the Cominière side, we learn that its general manager is in pre-trial detention in Makala prison in Kinshasa. Meanwhile, the management of Manono's company indicates that it would not have acted of its own free will. All the decisions taken were made at the end of the meetings of the Board of Directors.
As a reminder, a week ago, the same civil society organizations stepped up to the plate. They once again accused DG Athanase Mwamba of blocking the rehabilitation of the Mpiana Mwanga dam. What the latter rejected, affirming that the agreement signed between AVZ Power and the Congolese State is illegal. And to add that the Chinese company which won the market is preparing to start the work.

La Guardia magazine / MCP, via mediacongo.net

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Samus

Top 20
Seems like we can say it's official at this point.

• Thinking
Reactions: 25 users

John25

Regular
Not much to add …all this talk an no action .Blah blah blah blah …pages upon pages about same thing …we celebrate 30 weeks this Friday …who would have thought when we first went into TH it would still be an on going issue .If our BoD get paid monthly congrats ..they’ll rock up with $25K-30K in their accounts …$$$$ well earnt ,us SFA …sorry a bit cooked/fried at present .Keep well /Strong …saw this an thought it may lighten mood :)
96750046-67B6-40B5-8E02-AB84935B288E.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
And to add that the Chinese company which won the market is preparing to start the work.

I hope we don't just treat this as without merit and spurious, like all the other spurious and without legal basis activities of last year. Get a fucking injunction FFS

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Roon

Regular
I hope we don't just treat this as without merit and spurious, like all the other spurious and without legal basis activities of last year. Get a fucking injunction FFS
May be worth an email to AVZ management. Last thing we need is for this to become a 'ground reality' should Zijin just rock up and start preparations for the refurbishment stating they won the tender from Cominiere - then use this as a bargaining chip in their wider Manono campaign.

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
72ftu7.jpg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

wombat74

Top 20
May be worth an email to AVZ management. Last thing we need is for this to become a 'ground reality' should Zijin just rock up and start preparations for the refurbishment stating they won the tender from Cominiere - then use this as a bargaining chip in their wider Manono campaign.
Nigel told us not to believe anything we read on social media /media .Soon he might have to tell us not to believe anything we see as well . So if we see a bunch of Chinese and their muppets working on the Hydro plant or building a mine at Roche Dure , remember it's just a mirage . And all that equipment with the Tantalex logo being driven across our tenement ? Well that's just a figment of our imagination . It's completely spurious and without legal basis .

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular

Oi giz the Hemi out of the car in your profile pic. I just put something in the garage last week that it would go well in...

20221125_095209.jpg

20221125_095155.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
Top Bottom