AVZ Discussion 2022

Samus

Top 20
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'm not sure why this rhetoric cracks me up so much! Certainly a lesson here somewhere, let's hope this is the one.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 26 users

Remark

Top 20
Whatcha doing Princess? Just chillin?

princess.jpg

"Smoke them if you've got them...."

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Reading the article I can't quite understand what is being said

However one item I am picking up is the illegal activity seems to be stated in relation to tenements other than 13359

View attachment 23035

What does this really mean for the one tenement that is actually of critical importance to AVZ being 13359 and the delays in the issuing of the ML??

Anyone got any thoughts???
It’s historical, i.e. pre AVZ I think mate. Offline right now but will have a scout tonight unless someone else answers prior

Reactions: 2 users

Spikerama

Regular
I checked in this morning to see if there were any updates on Cominiere and @Sammael had posted the latest info on it. One thing I can say about Sam is that he posts a lot of information here day in, day out relating to AVZ, including Cominiere, Zigin, Dathomir etc.

Then I had a look at @Spikerama posts. Not one single post containing any information…. in fact all just non relevant bullshit

Growing up, we had an expression for that, it was called ‘talking shit’…. Not swearing or anything like that, just talking crap

I hope others here check you out mate, you are just a troll lurking in the background with nothing more to offer than wiping bullshit off your arse, eating it and then posting it here. Couldn’t believe the surprise I got, you are clearly nothing more than a cretin who posts absolutely nothing

At least I learnt one thing, and that’s that you’re a joke

I will be the first to admit that not everyone likes my lack of meaningful research and glib sense of humour but I know a few who do.

Attachments

• Bags.jpg
    Bags.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Doc

Master of Quan
I will be the first to admit that not everyone likes my lack of meaningful research and glib sense of humour but I know a few who do.
Blooody Winenuts gotta be in everything!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Blooody Winenuts gotta be in everything!! 🤣🤣🤣
Well Spike has cracked two jokes that I must have found funny! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Samus

Top 20

#RDC : Several society organizations are asking the President of the Republic to “dismiss the Minister of the Portfolio for not having respected the vision of the Head of State on the fight against anti-values in the companies of the Portfolio…”

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
It’s historical, i.e. pre AVZ I think mate. Offline right now but will have a scout tonight unless someone else answers prior
@Winenut - yeah seems to be from the good old days. Not sure who they are chasing - DG or SC or both, but for sure they are pointing the chicken bone at some of our favourite actors. 12454 and 12459 no longer appear directly. Might have since changed tenement numbers. The others are randomly spread throughout the general vicinity - land banked?

• Thinking

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971

#RDC : Several society organizations are asking the President of the Republic to “dismiss the Minister of the Portfolio for not having respected the vision of the Head of State on the fight against anti-values in the companies of the Portfolio…”

More polite than me but hey......

@Winenut - yeah seems to be from the good old days. Not sure who they are chasing - DG or SC or both, but for sure they are pointing the chicken bone at some of our favourite actors. 12454 and 12459 no longer appear directly. Might have since changed tenement numbers. The others are randomly spread throughout the general vicinity - land banked?
12454 and 12459 along with the other quoted numbers, listed below here:

Screenshot_20221128_152041_DuckDuckGo.jpg

These are what we used to own, see contract here: http://cominiere.cd/contrat.php

Screenshot_20221128_152434_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Of the six we only were interested in 13359.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
12454 and 12459 along with the other quoted numbers, listed below here:

View attachment 23043

These are what we used to own, see contract here: http://cominiere.cd/contrat.php

View attachment 23044
Of the six we only were interested in 13359.

Yes, agreed, they were given back by DATHCOM. The issue seems to be what COMINIERE did with them after that. The DRC investigative journalists/civil society teams seem to think the next set of transfers are crook.

But, nothing to see there for AVZ, except perhaps an interest in seeing the cunts jailed, especially if it's the same actors fucking us over.

And just for the record, these guys with warrants out for arrest, have yet to be tried, found guilty, hung, drawn and quartered, before any celebratory naked bridge crossing should be done. (unless you want to practise)

:geek:

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Uglybob

Regular
Whatcha doing Princess? Just chillin?

View attachment 23039

"Smoke them if you've got them...."
Is this one of those 'Elf on a Shelf' spin-offs? I can't think of a suitable work that rhymes with 'blunt' though... :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Samus

Top 20
correct and 13359 is the only one in the article not linked to or mentioning associated to illegal activity in any way
Screenshot_20221128_162459_Chrome.jpg

:unsure: This sounds like it directly relates to us.

I'm reading as this is the main crime and then goes on to list the various crimes of Cominière but I'm squinting on a phone screen at this dud translation. Will fire up the 34" wide-screen later.
Also it's fairly clear from recent correspondence that these NGO's have got it in for Cominière in relation to the selling of the 15% and general hold up of the project as well as messing with the MOU for the power plant.
You and Xerof pretty hard to please!
And I'm known as the pessimistic bastard.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
View attachment 23054
:unsure: This sounds like it directly relates to us.

I'm reading as this is the main crime and then goes on to list the various crimes of Cominière but I'm squinting on a phone screen at this dud translation. Will fire up the 34" wide-screen later.
Also it's fairly clear from recent correspondence that these NGO's have got it in for Cominière in relation to the selling of the 15% and general hold up of the project as well as messing with the MOU for the power plant.
You and Xerof pretty hard to please!
And I'm known as the pessimistic bastard.
That main crime is the sale to Z subsidiary. So, directly, not related to us. We don’t own it, may own it eventually but not at this time.

The rest is new target for investigation

Reactions: 11 users

Samus

Top 20
That main crime is the sale to Z subsidiary. So, directly, not related to us. We don’t own it, may own it eventually but not at this time.

The rest is new target for investigation
Well that's arguable since part of the problem of selling this to Zijin is the violation of our pre-emptive rights which in itself is more evidence of corruption. But I know what you are saying.

Reactions: 12 users

Bin59

Regular
Is Guy Loando Mboyo on the list of people to be looked into? If not, maybe he should be given his background and current position in government as there is the potential for biased influence in matters affecting the mining sector.

1669618101796.jpeg

1669617982061.jpeg

PRESS RELEASE | DEC. 13, 2021

As global interest in DR Congo’s lithium deposits soars, the industry could be “seriously undermined” by governance, environmental and social risks – investigation​

Share this
TweetShare FacebookShare LinkedIn
NATURAL RESOURCE GOVERNANCE
D.R. CONGO

Communities and the DRC could lose out unless companies and investors disclose key information on the deals and people behind them, and address environmental risks.

13 December 2021 (Updated 31 January 2022)

– A new investigation into the DRC’s nascent but globally significant lithium sector sounds the alarm on a swathe of potential supply chain risks. Global Witness’ report raises key questions around how future production and its environmental impacts will be managed and who stands to benefit if the DRC’s deposits of hard-rock lithium are exploited to meet the growing demand for minerals critical to renewable energy technologies.

The country’s lithium production is set to begin in 2023, driven by richer nations' efforts to decarbonise their economies. Global lithium demand could grow 40 fold by 2040 [1]. But unless regulators, companies and investors take urgent action, what are currently potential environmental and human rights risks, as well as a lack of accountability and transparency, could end up hardwired into the sector.

Global Witness’ investigation looked at a sample block of 51 mining concessions, concentrated close to the town of Manono in southern DRC, where globally significant, hard-rock lithium deposits have been discovered. Three companies – AVZ Minerals Limited, Critical Resources Limited and Tantalex Resources Corporation – have publicly announced plans to carry out lithium exploration or production at mining concessions in the area.

Drawing back the curtain on the companies and people involved in this new, potentially globally significant lithium industry, the investigation found concessions on and around DRC’s lithium deposits are or were held by or involved a small number of people with close business relationships – including a now-serving government official and those reportedly close to former President Kabila.
Cong Maohuai, reported to have been an adviser to former DRC president Joseph Kabila, a claim he denies, is or was associated with companies with ownership links to six concessions investigated by Global Witness. Documents seen by Global Witness also appear to show there have been long-standing business links between Cong and now-serving Minister Guy Loando Mboyo. Cong Maohuai told Global Witness that Mr. Mboyo had served as a lawyer representing him and his businesses, although that representation had ended since 2019 and Mr Mboyo’s election to the Senate. Recent reports published independently of Global Witness relating to Congo Hold Up, the biggest leak of financial information from Africa to date, make separate allegations of business links between the two [2].

Local Manono communities appear to have differing and at times unclear understanding of the projects and risks related to the impact of the lithium mines, including their environmental impacts.

“For decades, Global Witness has documented how humanity has already pushed the planet to the brink through reckless management of fossil fuels and minerals. We must not repeat those mistakes with the energy transition. Our investigation shows that investors need to think critically before endorsing DRC’s lithium sector.

Company contracts, payments and beneficial ownership in key deals are not being fully and publicly disclosed, despite this being required by Congolese law. Companies must also ensure they fully respect the environment and communities in the mining areas,” said Paul Donowitz, Head of Natural Resource Governance Campaigns at Global Witness.

“There is a small window of opportunity to address the potential supply chain risks in DRC’s lithium sector, before production begins. Companies, investors and governments – both of the DRC and companies’ home states – must act now or the whole industry risks being seriously undermined by governance risks and harms to people and the planet,” said Paul Donowitz.

Recommendations​

• Companies financing, producing, using or trading DRC’s lithium must ensure that their investments and operations, as well as those of their subsidiaries and suppliers, adhere to international governance, environmental and human rights standards, and all existing Congolese laws, (whichever are stronger): this includes those pertaining to ownership and control, payments, and contracts, and protection of the environment, health and safety, natural resource extraction and management, wildlife conservation, waste management, hazardous material activity, and air, water, land and groundwater pollution;
  • Companies must take responsibility to conduct, disclose and implement robust due diligence policies and procedures to prevent, identify, mitigate and account for human rights, environmental and governance risks in their operations, including supply chains and business relationships;
  • The Congolese government should ensure disclosure of all beneficial owners of mining companies, mining contracts and public, project-level payment reporting for all of Congo’s mining contracts, in line with Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) reporting standards and best practice.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Well that's arguable since part of the problem of selling this to Zijin is the violation of our pre-emptive rights which in itself is more evidence of corruption. But I know what you are saying.
Bottom line is I'm glad there seems to be some movement at the station finally on all the corrupt shenanigans

I certainly hope it leads to some good resolutions for us on PR 13359 and finally a granting of the Mining Licence

Reactions: 18 users
Top Bottom