AVZ Discussion 2022

wombat74

Top 20
From what Nigel said at the AGM he knew the heat was coming down on Cominiere . I guess the big question is , are we any closer to receiving the ML ? Nigel said the Zijin 15% had nothing to do with the ML .

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Samus

Top 20
From what Nigel said at the AGM he knew the heat was coming down on Cominiere . I guess the big question is , are we any closer to receiving the ML ? Nigel said the Zijin 15% had nothing to do with the ML .
I guess the word is that cominière have played a part in blocking the licence along with CAMI and MoP. So at least the noose seems to be tightening.
Not to say it might not take many more months or go belly up in a sea of corrupt bullshit.
By the same token when does FT say enough is enough and force it through.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

oxxa23

Regular
I checked in this morning to see if there were any updates on Cominiere and @Sammael had posted the latest info on it. One thing I can say about Sam is that he posts a lot of information here day in, day out relating to AVZ, including Cominiere, Zigin, Dathomir etc.

Then I had a look at @Spikerama posts. Not one single post containing any information…. in fact all just non relevant bullshit

Growing up, we had an expression for that, it was called ‘talking shit’…. Not swearing or anything like that, just talking crap

I hope others here check you out mate, you are just a troll lurking in the background with nothing more to offer than wiping bullshit off your arse, eating it and then posting it here. Couldn’t believe the surprise I got, you are clearly nothing more than a cretin who posts absolutely nothing

At least I learnt one thing, and that’s that you’re a joke
thought i better start posting something useful too.... broker data for the last 6 months if anyone is interested... :)

1669620692314.png

we're getting there crew.... just some more time required...

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

Bin59

Regular

Civil society is giving itself three days in Kinshasa to "understand and take ownership of the real challenges of the mining and hydrocarbons sector"​

November 25, 2022 TIGHANA MASIALA 0
WhatsApp-Image-2022-11-25-at-13.20.33-678x381.jpeg

Three days, from November 29 to December 1 , 2022 in Kinshasa, is the time civil society actors give themselves to understand and take ownership of the real challenges of the mining and hydrocarbons sector. On the sidelines of this week of Congolese mines, civil society no longer wants to be a spectator, rather an actor in a rapidly changing sector.

The mining and hydrocarbons sector cannot be the sole prerogative of mining or state operators. For rational management of this sector, civil society also wants to make its voice heard.

To immerse themselves in the major challenges of this sector, Congolese civil society is organizing, through a synergy of action for the protection, monitoring and citizen control of the natural resources of the DRC, from November 29 to December 1 , 2022 at building of the Territorial, on the boulevard Triomphal in Kinshasa, the week of the Congolese mines. For the initiators, mainly Professor Florimond Muteba of ODEP (Observatory for Public Expenditure), coordinator of the educational committee of this forum, it is a question of " strengthening the capacities of civil society actors " around the theme " understanding and take ownership of the real challenges of the mining and hydrocarbons sector ”.

Basically, this week of Congolese mines aims to bring civil society actors to " improve their pleas so that they demand concrete action from the Government against the looting of our wealth to the detriment of our national community, and to engage necessary reforms to end current abuses and prevent abuses in the natural resource sector ”.

The speakers at this forum, selected on the basis of their qualities and their proven expertise, will come from the world of mining companies, representatives of the Republic (Presidency, Government, state organizations) and civil society. The participants are those from various civil society organizations: NGOs, civil society networks and platforms, corporations, citizen movements and personalities.

Eco news

WhatsApp-Image-2022-11-25-at-13.10.02-1-286x400.jpeg

Translation:

1669620877580.jpeg

• Thinking

cruiser51

Top 20

Civil society is giving itself three days in Kinshasa to "understand and take ownership of the real challenges of the mining and hydrocarbons sector"​

November 25, 2022 TIGHANA MASIALA 0
WhatsApp-Image-2022-11-25-at-13.20.33-678x381.jpeg

Three days, from November 29 to December 1 , 2022 in Kinshasa, is the time civil society actors give themselves to understand and take ownership of the real challenges of the mining and hydrocarbons sector. On the sidelines of this week of Congolese mines, civil society no longer wants to be a spectator, rather an actor in a rapidly changing sector.

The mining and hydrocarbons sector cannot be the sole prerogative of mining or state operators. For rational management of this sector, civil society also wants to make its voice heard.

To immerse themselves in the major challenges of this sector, Congolese civil society is organizing, through a synergy of action for the protection, monitoring and citizen control of the natural resources of the DRC, from November 29 to December 1 , 2022 at building of the Territorial, on the boulevard Triomphal in Kinshasa, the week of the Congolese mines. For the initiators, mainly Professor Florimond Muteba of ODEP (Observatory for Public Expenditure), coordinator of the educational committee of this forum, it is a question of " strengthening the capacities of civil society actors " around the theme " understanding and take ownership of the real challenges of the mining and hydrocarbons sector ”.

Basically, this week of Congolese mines aims to bring civil society actors to " improve their pleas so that they demand concrete action from the Government against the looting of our wealth to the detriment of our national community, and to engage necessary reforms to end current abuses and prevent abuses in the natural resource sector ”.

The speakers at this forum, selected on the basis of their qualities and their proven expertise, will come from the world of mining companies, representatives of the Republic (Presidency, Government, state organizations) and civil society. The participants are those from various civil society organizations: NGOs, civil society networks and platforms, corporations, citizen movements and personalities.

Eco news

WhatsApp-Image-2022-11-25-at-13.10.02-1-286x400.jpeg

Translation:

View attachment 23062
Do these people actually sometimes do some real work?

If I would want to be a successful business man in the DRC, I would start a fukkin biscuit factory. Ffs!

• Haha

wombat74

Top 20
I guess the word is that cominière have played a part in blocking the licence along with CAMI and MoP. So at least the noose seems to be tightening.
Not to say it might not take many more months or go belly up in a sea of corrupt bullshit.
By the same token when does FT say enough is enough and force it through.
Bottom line . Just give us the fking ML . Coming up to 8 months . None of us want to wait any longer. Most of us don't care who gets a slap on the wrist . Who cares . The process could take months and months . Just give us the ML and stop fking us around . So far it's all just talk . Twitter Twatter . Chinese running the clock down . Court cases galore . Round and round we go .Hey Mums and Dads you lost all your money , but hey the DRC is in a better place now than when you lost all your savings. You must feel great AVZ played a small roll in that change ? Well don't ya ? Stop being selfish . You live in Australia . Nells stripped off for you .What more do you want .

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Samus

Top 20
Bottom line . Just give us the fking ML . Coming up to 8 months . None of us want to wait any longer. Most of us don't care who gets a slap on the wrist . Who cares . The process could take months and months . Just give us the ML and stop fking us around . So far it's all just talk . Twitter Twatter .
Won't get any arguments from me wombat. Whole fucking is thing is ridiculous.
However we're limited to following news about these grubs in the meantime and I for one hope they burn for causing this shit. 🔥💩

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Azzler

Top 20
Bottom line . Just give us the fking ML . Coming up to 8 months . None of us want to wait any longer. Most of us don't care who gets a slap on the wrist . Who cares . The process could take months and months . Just give us the ML and stop fking us around . So far it's all just talk . Twitter Twatter . Chinese running the clock down . Court cases galore . Round and round we go .Hey Mums and Dads you lost all your money , but hey the DRC is in a better place now then when you lost all your savings. You must feel great AVZ played a small roll in that change ? Well don't ya ? Stop being selfish . You live in Australia . Nells stripped off for you .What more do you want .
I feel this Wombles, in my bones! (y)

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Bray

Regular
Drive past this way too much in the middle of nowhere central Queensland. Always gets me thinking about AVZ, China and DRC and the good times we’ve had
EB135BF3-FD5E-42C1-9A71-5817C42AB530.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Samus

Top 20
It's total fuck up . Instead of discussing the building of the mine we are are talking about a possible punishment for a bunch of corrupt scumbags . The Chinese are the instigators of all this. They provide the snacks to this weak bunch of immoral arseholes. They are untouchable and are laughing their arses off . Tick Tock Chinese TiME .
Well the green hag can't exactly come out telling more obvious lies now that the heat is on. :unsure: But nothing is really surprising from these picks.
Nigel said FT has the file with all of the appropriate documents at the preso. Hopefully he's onto it, if so he likely has to do things by the book for transparency.
For a while there (months) it was looking like the IGF report was going to be completely ignored so at least there is that.

I usually have a shit feeling about everything AVZ related but I'm with @Azzler on this for what it's worth. First thing that's happened so far that means anything. I do suspect a bit more time to go however. Ffs!

• Thinking

Charbella

Regular
Let’s hope he stay in Makala, with the witch and the phantom joining him soon. 🤞

Attachments

• 22BFC7BF-AE91-4233-8BB6-25ED4C8ADE77.png
    22BFC7BF-AE91-4233-8BB6-25ED4C8ADE77.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 51
Reactions: 4 users

Bin59

Regular
I took a screenshot of the Council of Ministers 78th meeting - there’s a few people not in attendance - Adele Kayinda Mahinda, and to the right of her (blank) screen are the initials JM (Jean Mupande?), GL (Guy Loando?) and a few others.

Edit: Adele was in attendance with camera turned off

1669627047471.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 24 users

Samus

Top 20
DRC: here is why civil society organizations specializing in mining issues are asking Tshisekedi to dismiss the minister from the portfolio
felix-tshisekedi_1.jpg

INVESTIGATION

DRC: this is why civil society organizations specializing in mining issues are asking Tshisekedi to dismiss the portfolio minister​

Last updated: 2022/11/28 at 8:27
WritingPublished November 28, 2022
To share
By Gilbert Ngonga
In a joint press release, Congolese civil society organizations and platforms specializing in mining issues (Justicia Asbl, LICOCO, RND Asbl, POM, MDR, GANVE, CDH, ESPOIR ONG, RCEN, CERN / CENCO, TPRDC, MAX IMPACT) , who have been monitoring the exploitation of natural resources in the Democratic Republic of Congo, ask the President of the Republic to dismiss the Minister of Portfolio of the Government of the Republic, for not having respected the vision of the Head of the State on the fight against anti-values in the companies of the Portfolio, and for having ignored the reports of the Superior Council of the Portfolio of 2021 and of the General Inspectorate of Finances of 2022 on COMINIERE SA by protecting agents accused of selling off,mismanagement of state assets and incompetence for reasons to be given to justice.

These organizations also ask Félix Tshisekedi to kindly change the General Directorate of the Mining Cadastre in office for more than ten years and whose management of the register of State mining assets has been increasingly contested by several people since years.
Furthermore, they call on the President of the Republic to ensure that no interference or political pressure is exerted on the justice system regarding this case (COMMINIERE SA) which, according to these organizations, should serve as an example to all other officials of the portfolio companies.
To this end, these civil society organizations are asking the Prime Minister, Jean Michel Sama Lukonde, to urgently propose new competent and patriotic agents, for appointment by Félix Tshisekedi at COMINIERE SA "to replace those who failed to protect the interests of the State and those of the population, including that of Manono and Malemba Nkulu. »

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Roon

Regular
I took a screenshot of the Council of Ministers 78th meeting - there’s a few people not in attendance - Adele Kayinda Mahinda, and to the right of her (blank) screen are the initials JM (Jean Mupande?), GL (Guy Loando?) and a few others.

View attachment 23066
Adele is in attendance just with the camera off.

Reactions: 5 users

oxxa23

Regular
Yeah, correct roon. Wouldn't be connected on the zoom otherwise....

Reactions: 5 users

JAG

Top 20
Thanks for some great info everyone.

I don’t have much input yet but I do have this.

When the Greek Goddess’s demand seafood Monday I never say no. @MoneyBags1348 😎

Attachments

• 7C10AB32-EBC5-4C6B-A57C-8342C44F611A.jpeg
    7C10AB32-EBC5-4C6B-A57C-8342C44F611A.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 90
  • C7B4F47E-5CC4-4498-A29A-BE834BB0263A.jpeg
    C7B4F47E-5CC4-4498-A29A-BE834BB0263A.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 93
  • 0BFBF398-E964-46AD-A57D-2AD09B0D8F55.jpeg
    0BFBF398-E964-46AD-A57D-2AD09B0D8F55.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 90
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

Thaz

Regular
Is Guy Loando Mboyo on the list of people to be looked into? If not, maybe he should be given his background and current position in government as there is the potential for biased influence in matters affecting the mining sector.

View attachment 23057

View attachment 23056

PRESS RELEASE | DEC. 13, 2021

As global interest in DR Congo’s lithium deposits soars, the industry could be “seriously undermined” by governance, environmental and social risks – investigation​

Share this
TweetShare FacebookShare LinkedIn
NATURAL RESOURCE GOVERNANCE
D.R. CONGO

Communities and the DRC could lose out unless companies and investors disclose key information on the deals and people behind them, and address environmental risks.

13 December 2021 (Updated 31 January 2022)

– A new investigation into the DRC’s nascent but globally significant lithium sector sounds the alarm on a swathe of potential supply chain risks. Global Witness’ report raises key questions around how future production and its environmental impacts will be managed and who stands to benefit if the DRC’s deposits of hard-rock lithium are exploited to meet the growing demand for minerals critical to renewable energy technologies.

The country’s lithium production is set to begin in 2023, driven by richer nations' efforts to decarbonise their economies. Global lithium demand could grow 40 fold by 2040 [1]. But unless regulators, companies and investors take urgent action, what are currently potential environmental and human rights risks, as well as a lack of accountability and transparency, could end up hardwired into the sector.

Global Witness’ investigation looked at a sample block of 51 mining concessions, concentrated close to the town of Manono in southern DRC, where globally significant, hard-rock lithium deposits have been discovered. Three companies – AVZ Minerals Limited, Critical Resources Limited and Tantalex Resources Corporation – have publicly announced plans to carry out lithium exploration or production at mining concessions in the area.

Drawing back the curtain on the companies and people involved in this new, potentially globally significant lithium industry, the investigation found concessions on and around DRC’s lithium deposits are or were held by or involved a small number of people with close business relationships – including a now-serving government official and those reportedly close to former President Kabila.
Cong Maohuai, reported to have been an adviser to former DRC president Joseph Kabila, a claim he denies, is or was associated with companies with ownership links to six concessions investigated by Global Witness. Documents seen by Global Witness also appear to show there have been long-standing business links between Cong and now-serving Minister Guy Loando Mboyo. Cong Maohuai told Global Witness that Mr. Mboyo had served as a lawyer representing him and his businesses, although that representation had ended since 2019 and Mr Mboyo’s election to the Senate. Recent reports published independently of Global Witness relating to Congo Hold Up, the biggest leak of financial information from Africa to date, make separate allegations of business links between the two [2].

Local Manono communities appear to have differing and at times unclear understanding of the projects and risks related to the impact of the lithium mines, including their environmental impacts.

“For decades, Global Witness has documented how humanity has already pushed the planet to the brink through reckless management of fossil fuels and minerals. We must not repeat those mistakes with the energy transition. Our investigation shows that investors need to think critically before endorsing DRC’s lithium sector.

Company contracts, payments and beneficial ownership in key deals are not being fully and publicly disclosed, despite this being required by Congolese law. Companies must also ensure they fully respect the environment and communities in the mining areas,” said Paul Donowitz, Head of Natural Resource Governance Campaigns at Global Witness.

“There is a small window of opportunity to address the potential supply chain risks in DRC’s lithium sector, before production begins. Companies, investors and governments – both of the DRC and companies’ home states – must act now or the whole industry risks being seriously undermined by governance risks and harms to people and the planet,” said Paul Donowitz.

Recommendations​

• Companies financing, producing, using or trading DRC’s lithium must ensure that their investments and operations, as well as those of their subsidiaries and suppliers, adhere to international governance, environmental and human rights standards, and all existing Congolese laws, (whichever are stronger): this includes those pertaining to ownership and control, payments, and contracts, and protection of the environment, health and safety, natural resource extraction and management, wildlife conservation, waste management, hazardous material activity, and air, water, land and groundwater pollution;
  • Companies must take responsibility to conduct, disclose and implement robust due diligence policies and procedures to prevent, identify, mitigate and account for human rights, environmental and governance risks in their operations, including supply chains and business relationships;
  • The Congolese government should ensure disclosure of all beneficial owners of mining companies, mining contracts and public, project-level payment reporting for all of Congo’s mining contracts, in line with Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) reporting standards and best practice.
Simon Cong probably thinks the DRC is his namesake - hence tries to influence the nation there.

CONG-o

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Remark

Top 20
Even with the camera off we should still see a green glow....

1669634049616.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Samus

Top 20

According to a source close to Cominiere, Mr Athanase Mwamba, he would already be in Makala after a 4 hour audition yesterday​

by bayetayunus

November 28, 2022

According to a source close to Cominiere, Mr Athanase Mwamba, he would already be in Makala after a 4 hour audition yesterday

NOVEMBER 25, 2022The arrest of the Acting General Manager and the Technical Director of COMINIERE SA by the courts in Kinshasa is (will be) a positive step in the fight against corruption and impunity in the extractive sector, it is a strong signal from the establishment of the rule of law desired by the Head of State Félix-Antoine TSHISEKEDI TSHILOMBO.

Last edited:
  • Love

Samus

Top 20

DRC: Félix Tshisekedi asks provincial governments to continue to promote the development of the private sector​

Third party rights

In his communication during the 78th meeting of the Council of Ministers of November 25, 2022, the President of the Republic Félix Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo, notably returned to the support of the Government for private sector initiatives in the provinces.
After having recently participated in the Makutano Forum in Mbuji-Mayi and the Kimvuama Kia Kongo Forum 2022 editions, the President of the Republic welcomed the themes and recommendations that were formulated there.
" These meet his vision based on the need to diversify the economy, in particular through the creation of value chains in the agricultural sector, and the implementation of the Local Development Plan for the 145 territories, which aims to boost the realization of structuring infrastructures in our 26 Provinces ”, we read in the report of the Council of Ministers.
Faced with the need to redouble efforts to improve the business climate and reduce the hassle of certain state services which are illustrated by illegal collections, the Prime Minister was invited to get personally involved, in collaboration with the Cellule of the Business Climate, to eradicate this phenomenon, and consequently, to ensure that all the ministers concerned by this problem, contribute to the popularization and the strict application of the legal and regulatory texts relating thereto, through the decentralized services of their respective administrations.
The President of the Republic has also asked all provincial governments to continue to promote the development of the private sector in all of their administrative jurisdictions, in particular by regularly organizing forums and frameworks for constructive exchanges in order to to help transform all potentialities, both human and natural.
Jephthah Kitsita

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom