AVZ Discussion 2022

9cardomaha

Regular
This all looks promising. Is our only source Twitter ? If so I call it BS until proven otherwise. A warrant for their arrest . Where's the photos? I'm guessing they aren't hiding out in mountains with the gorillas .
The news is pretty hard not to be positive on, so maybe some upper class pink salt? I'll share with you Wombat and any others who would like a pinch just to tide us over till something outside of twitter confirms :D

1669452367827.png

Reactions: 3 users

Bin59

Regular
An interesting observation by Constantin -

• Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

GuruDukun

Regular

• Thinking

Bin59

Regular
1669460516118.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Scoota30

Regular
Looks like the election will take place in 12.5 months so we should get the ML anywhere from now until then!

Screenshot_20221126_191211_Twitter.jpg

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

wombat74

Top 20
Wombie that’s another mistake you’re making, alongside of opting out of having a dance with Nells…. especially after all the work I put in to organise it!

Time to relax and have a renewed sense of hope and humour my good man

Here’s something I put on the Corruption thread a while back…. Nothing like the power of voodoo in an African country

View attachment 22957
I'm guessing after Nells' recent photo her private message box is full of potential dance partners . Choose carefully Nells .

Last edited:
  • Haha

Samus

Top 20

Manono: Lithium Gate? Arrest of the CEO of COMINIERE for illegal sale of 15% of the shares to the Chinese of Zijin, 116 Million $US loss.​

November 26, 2022
Kiki Kienge

By Kiki Kienge
With this action of the Congolese justice, is this the beginning of the release in the exploitation of the lithium of Manono by AVZ Minerals?
It is on the basis of a report from the IGF (Inspection Générale des Finances) filed with the Gombe Court of Appeal since April 21, 2022, that the Kinshasa Attorney General ordered the arrest of the Director General and technical director of COMINIERE SA, Athanase Mwamba and Célestin Kibeya .
Something confirmed even by the ACAJ (Congolese Association for Access to Justice) in a Tweet;
"The Prosecutor General of Kinshasa/Gombe has just ordered the arrest of the General Manager and Technical Director of the public company COMINIERE SA. He accuses them of the "mismanagement" of the funds resulting from the sale of 15% of shares to a company Chinese. »
The IGF report had concluded in a fraudulent sale of 15% of the shares of the Congolese State to the Chinese company Zijin, the Cominiere had sold to the Chinese of Zijing at 33.440 Million $US precisely shares which were worth 150 million $US , a loss of US$116,560,000 million for the coffers of the Congolese State;
“The sale of the 15% of the shares of COMINIERE in DATHCOM Mining to ZIJIN Mining was carried out in violation of the legal provisions on the withdrawal of the State from the companies in the Portfolio (…)”
At this point according to the IGF report which considers illegal the sales of 15% to Zijing and 5% to MMS, AVZ would own 75% (with 15% of Dathomir) of the shares in Datcom and the Congolese State 25% .
In genesis in the exploitation of lithium in Manono, there was the joint venture company between COMINIERE and DATHOMIR of the Chinese Simon Cong owner of the Kempinski hotel river in Kinshasa which gave birth to DATHCOM, with respectively 30% in the Congolese State and 70% for the Chinese. The Australians of AVZ Minerals will buy 60% of its shares in Dathcom and will obtain in particular 5% of surplus from the Congolese State for social achievements, such as the construction of roads, schools, hospitals...
Later AVZ Minerals following an agreement with Dathomir came into possession of 15% of the company of the Chinese Simon Cong, but here after the filing of the exploitation permit and the rise in the price of the shares of AVZ Minerals on the stock market, Simon Cong reconsiders its signing of the sales contract with AVZ Minerals and wants to regain possession of the 15%.

5 years after Cominiere through its general manager, accuses AVZ Minerals of having achieved nothing in Manono and sells "Illegally" to the detriment of the Congolese State 15% of its shares to the Chinese company Zijing, which is keen to return at all costs to the exploitation of lithium in Manono;
“The sale of the 15% to the Zijing group, has caused, with regard to the evaluations made in the feasibility study, a significant shortfall for the Public Treasury estimated at 116,560,000 $US. It was a real sale of the State's mining heritage, for which you are responsible. » IGF report.
The Chinese company, Zijing had in particular recognized the illegal sale and had decided to reimburse the 15% to the Congolese State without claiming anything in return, as this video demonstrates;

The IGF report singles out the sale of COMINIERE's 5% stake in DATHCOM to MMS;
"The presumed free and provisional transfer of 5% of COMINIERE's shares in DATHCOM Mining to DATHOMIR Mining SARL, but which with regard to the transfer contract, was final and irrevocable without the income from the transfer being traced to COMINIERE . »
According to a source, many names appear in the IGF report, in particular some political and institutional personalities, with the arrest of the two directors of Cominiere, it would only be the beginning of Manono Gate

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

oxxa23

Regular
Great post.
Been saying it for a few weeks but only a few others seem to agree.

So we just get endless random shit from twatter, posted by retards who are famous because.. why??
Oh yes, because they post what people wanna read on twatter.

That's then regurgitated here because if it was not then there would be virtually no news. Good or bad.

Because nothing of substance is happening in DRC to right this massive wrong.

This thread has become a shrine to AVZ confirmation bias.

We await the next ' news' from DRC which like all of the other news will amount to half of fuck all.
Pull your head in... having a go at people for having some hope that things are on the turn... not everyone has to think never-ending doom and gloom...

A couple of people have worked their arse off via twitter for justice (and coincidentally avz) and you call them retards...shit form.

Chill and stop reading shit if you're going to not cope with it.

Whether you believe it or not, it appears (yes not proven) to be the first bit of real progress so far...

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

DoubleA

Regular
There is no 15% to take back from Zijin. Zijin never held any percentage of Dathcom. Zijin attempted to fraudulently obtain a percentage and failed. The individuals who attempted to make the sale have been ordered to be arrested. This was confirmed by the ACAJ (Congolese Association for Access to Justice).

Prosecutor General of Kinshasa/Gombe has just ordered the arrest of the General Manager and Technical Director of the public company COMINIERE SA.

COMINIERE SA
were also one of the main culprits who have been trying to delay the project in other ways. It is fantastic news that two people at the top are being arrested.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

pow4ade

Regular
Mate can you stop with this fucking shit yeah?

Do you have any understanding of how vile and offensive this is to people living and working in DRC and not withstanding, African nations in general?

What the fuck are you thinking? Have you lost your mind or are too pissed up to give a fuck? Is that it?

I have lived and worked in Africa for years and this kind of thing, though you seem to think that it's harmless and all "good fun" is a so called "private forum" you are just fuelling the machine to add another log to the fire of everything that is running against us right now.

Are you fucking kidding me? Really?

Here's an example. I nearly got fired for talking about "native apps" on a phone for a Kenyan telco client. Which I might add offered a service that bundled apps into an aggregate offer on a free device with a plan. Because I referred to the apps as being "native" to the device.

That's how fucking sensitive they are.

So once again for the dummies. We know that detractors are scouring and listening the everything we say and willing to re post it on other social platforms to prove somehow, how much hate we supposedly have for con gollese.

You think it's funny? It's not mate. Not in the slightest. It's not even clever.

Lay off the piss. Grab your coat and stick to posting pictures of yourself looking like a wanker holding fire arms or some shit.

At least then everyone gets a laugh without any damage done.
Hear hear, couldn't agree more. Posting nasty images like this is not only infantile and highly offensive but damaging to our brand. No class. The posts should be removed forthwith.

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Remark

Top 20
Hear hear, couldn't agree more. Posting nasty images like this is not only infantile and highly offensive but damaging to our brand. No class. The posts should be removed forthwith.
I agree(not that it matters), not helping the cause.

Reactions: 15 users

CashKing

Regular
Ohh Fuck, Sunday should be fun 🤩

Remember guys and gals we are all going through this shit together, let’s not attack each other too much while we wait for news…

Calling someone out if fair then ok, but we all have our own way of expressing things you could say….

Nige this ain’t healthy for anyone, Please sort it out ASAP…..

GLTAH

Reactions: 17 users

cruiser51

Top 20
  • Manono: Lithium Gate? Arrest of the CEO of COMINIERE for illegal sale of 15% of the shares to the Chinese of Zijin, 116 Million $US loss.
1-7.jpg

MANONO GATE!
NEWSECONOMY

Manono: Lithium Gate? Arrest of the CEO of COMINIERE for illegal sale of 15% of the shares to the Chinese of Zijin, 116 Million $US loss.​

November 26, 2022
Kiki Kienge

By Kiki Kienge
With this action of the Congolese justice, is this the beginning of the release in the exploitation of the lithium of Manono by AVZ Minerals?
It is on the basis of a report from the IGF (Inspection Générale des Finances) filed with the Gombe Court of Appeal since April 21, 2022, that the Kinshasa Attorney General ordered the arrest of the Director General and technical director of COMINIERE SA, Athanase Mwamba and Célestin Kibeya .
Something confirmed even by the ACAJ (Congolese Association for Access to Justice) in a Tweet;
"The Prosecutor General of Kinshasa/Gombe has just ordered the arrest of the General Manager and Technical Director of the public company COMINIERE SA. He accuses them of the "mismanagement" of the funds resulting from the sale of 15% of shares to a company Chinese. »
The IGF report had concluded in a fraudulent sale of 15% of the shares of the Congolese State to the Chinese company Zijin, the Cominiere had sold to the Chinese of Zijing at 33.440 Million $US precisely shares which were worth 150 million $US , a loss of US$116,560,000 million for the coffers of the Congolese State;
“The sale of the 15% of the shares of COMINIERE in DATHCOM Mining to ZIJIN Mining was carried out in violation of the legal provisions on the withdrawal of the State from the companies in the Portfolio (…)”
At this point according to the IGF report which considers illegal the sales of 15% to Zijing and 5% to MMS, AVZ would own 75% (with 15% of Dathomir) of the shares in Datcom and the Congolese State 25% .
In genesis in the exploitation of lithium in Manono, there was the joint venture company between COMINIERE and DATHOMIR of the Chinese Simon Cong, owner of the Kempinski river hotel in Kinshasa, which gave birth to DATHCOM, with respectively 30% in the Congolese State and 70% for the Chinese. The Australians of AVZ Minerals will buy 60% of its shares in Dathcom and will obtain in particular 5% of surplus from the Congolese State for social achievements, such as the construction of roads, schools, hospitals...
Later AVZ Minerals following an agreement with Dathomir came into possession of 15% of the company of the Chinese Simon Cong, but here after the filing of the exploitation permit and the rise in the price of the shares of AVZ Minerals on the stock market, Simon Cong reconsiders its signing of the sales contract with AVZ Minerals and wants to regain possession of the 15%.

5 years after Cominiere through its general manager, accuses AVZ Minerals of having achieved nothing in Manono and sells "Illegally" to the detriment of the Congolese State 15% of its shares to the Chinese company Zijing, which is keen to return at all costs to the exploitation of lithium in Manono;
“The sale of the 15% to the Zijing group, has caused with regard to the evaluations made in the feasibility study, a significant shortfall for the Public Treasury estimated at 116,560,000 $US. It was a real sale of the State's mining heritage, for which you are responsible. » IGF report.
The Chinese company, Zijing had in particular recognized the illegal sale and had decided to reimburse the 15% to the Congolese State without claiming anything in return, as this video demonstrates;

The IGF report singles out the sale of COMINIERE's 5% stake in DATHCOM to MMS;
"The presumed free and provisional transfer of 5% of COMINIERE's shares in DATHCOM Mining to DATHOMIR Mining SARL, but which with regard to the transfer contract, was final and irrevocable without the income from the transfer being traced to COMINIERE . »
According to a source, many names appear in the IGF report, in particular some political and institutional personalities, with the arrest of the two directors of Cominiere, it would only be the beginning of Manono Gate

Reactions: 16 users

cruiser51

Top 20

Translated from French
Following the decision of Gombe, it is possible that the team of the public ministry, of @adelekayinda01,
together with #CAMI, will soon be arrested for the case #COMINIERE and #Zijin .
We have to move forward with the #Lithium in the #Tanganika

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

cruiser51

Top 20
3.jpg

NEWSECONOMY

Manono Lithium: Cacophony of the Cominiere and silence of the government around the rehabilitation of the hydroelectric power stations of Mpyana Mwanga l and II​

November 22, 2022
Kiki Kienge

By Kiki Kienge
This confusion created around the rehabilitation of the hydroelectric power stations of Mpyana Mwanga I and II, risks further delaying the start of luthium production in Manono in the province of Tanganyka.

Currently, the start of lithium mining has not yet started following the blocking by the CAMI (Cadastre Minier) and its director, Félix Mupande, of the mining permit already granted by the Ministry of Mines to AVZ Minerals.
Remember that this delay Today causes the Australian company, AVZ Minerals, to lose more than US$1 million per day and the Congolese State to lose more than US$300,000.

Rehabilitation of power plants by AVZ POWER SAU
On January 13, 2020, the government of the Democratic Republic of Congo through the Ministry of Water Resources and Electricity, to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with AVZ POWER SAU to rehabilitate the Mpyana Mwanga I and II hydroelectric power stations.

The rehabilitation of the hydroelectric power stations of Mpyana Mwanga I and II, must be used to supply electrical energy to the AVZ Minerals lithium exploitation plant, to public and private schools, to hospitals and to the installation of the Eata Congolese .

From September 15, 2020, a delegation of technical agents went down to Manono for a technical and environmental assessment of the Piana Mwanga I and II power plants, under reference RHE/4/SG/0/1322/G9/ALS/2020, it was composed companies ; Congo Energy SA, Blue Phoenix, Stucky, CREC 8, International Montage Maintenance SA, Zest Weg Group, Groupe Muama Business SARL, WD Power, Power Line, Africa Services DRC SARL, TBEA Hengyan Transformer Co. Ltd and Tramico SARL .

On October 30, 2020, the expert mission sent its report to the Minister of Water Resources and Electricity.

On January 29, 2021, the Minister of Water Resources and Electricity signed a Ministerial Order establishing a technical monitoring committee for the rehabilitation project of the Mpiana-Mwanga I and II hydroelectric power stations with reference to No. 129/CAB/MIN/RHE/EMM/2021.

On the same day, January 29, the Minister signed another Ministerial Order No.130/CAB/MIN/RHE/EMM/2021 appointing the members of the Monitoring Committee for the rehabilitation project of the Mpiana-Mwanga I and II hydroelectric power plants by AVZ POWER SASU.

As a reminder, in this monitoring committee sits a representative or delegate of Cominière SA, a Congolese State company, which therefore represents the government in the rehabilitation of the Mpiana-Mwanga I and II hydroelectric power stations.
1.png

Why is COMINIERE withdrawing?

In September of this year, COMINIERE SE launched a call for tenders on the grounds that the hydroelectric power stations of Mpiana-Mwanga I and II were abandoned. When it had already signed with AVZ POWER SAU a rehabilitation agreement approved even by the Minister of Water Resources and Electricity.

We are talking about the Chinese group, Zijin, which would have won the tender for the rehabilitation of the hydroelectric power station of Mpiana-Mwanga I and II. This same group which claims to have bought 15% of the shares of Dathcom from COMINIERE, something which the presidency in the investigation of the IGF (General Inspectorate of Finances) had deemed fraudulent and almost null, because the Congolese State had lost million US$ in this Deal between the Chinese of Zijing and COMINIERE.

But here are civil society organizations and platforms in the DR Congo monitoring human rights and the country's natural resource sector, calling on the Head of State Félix Tshisekedi and the government of the manipulations of COMINIERE and the silence of the Ministers of Portfolio, Mines and Hydraulic Resources and Electricity who will cause the Congolese State to lose millions more US$ and delay the exploitation of lithium in Manono as long awaited by the local population:

"Our organizations remind your Excellency that the Government of the Republic has signed a memorandum of understanding with AVZ POWER SAU, signed by your Ministry on January 13, 2020, to rehabilitate the power plants concerned in compliance with the laws of the country and international standards. in the sector in order to supply energy to Dathcom Mining SA for its mining operations as well as to public and private schools and hospitals (health centres) in Manono and its surroundings, not to mention a quantity to be used by the State for electrification of the city of Manono and Mpiana-Mwanga.
This vision of things is part of the development policy of His Excellency Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo, President of the Republic and Head of State, to electrify our villages and towns through public-private partnerships.

La Cominière SA has a representative who sits on the Technical Committee for Monitoring the execution of the said memorandum of understanding.

»
For our signatory Citizen Organizations, signed by Franck Fwamba.
1669488632464.png

• Fire
Reactions: 26 users

ptlas

Regular
Pull your head in... having a go at people for having some hope that things are on the turn... not everyone has to think never-ending doom and gloom...

A couple of people have worked their arse off via twitter for justice (and coincidentally avz) and you call them retards...shit form.

Chill and stop reading shit if you're going to not cope with it.

Whether you believe it or not, it appears (yes not proven) to be the first bit of real progress so far...
Don't like my opinions?
Put me on ignore

But don't tell me what I can and cannot post.

That's for the crapper.

Nothing concrete has happened to resolve these issueS.
Big plural.
Just rumours.

AVZ was complicit in these with the RS to head off a rebellion at the AGM.

Which indicates that they don't see a resolution any time soon.

If people are dumb enough to believe twitter and not wait for official AVZ announcements then there is little hope for them.

So pull your head in.

Doc

Master of Quan
Don't like my opinions?
Put me on ignore

But don't tell me what I can and cannot post.

That's for the crapper.

Nothing concrete has happened to resolve these issueS.
Big plural.
Just rumours.

AVZ was complicit in these with the RS to head off a rebellion at the AGM.

Which indicates that they don't see a resolution any time soon.

If people are dumb enough to believe twitter and not wait for official AVZ announcements then there is little hope for them.

So pull your head in.
I beg to differ.
In my opinion AVZ had hoped to have the ML by the time the road shows rolled around and it was to be a victory tour of sorts.

Anyway let’s hope that the news coming out of DRC in the last 24hours is a stepping stone for REAL positive announcements in the future.
Not sure AVZ will announce via the ASX the arrests to be honest, while it’s great for us it’s not really for AVZ to announce

Reactions: 21 users

ptlas

Regular
I beg to differ.
In my opinion AVZ had hoped to have the ML by the time the road shows rolled around and it was to be a victory tour of sorts.

Anyway let’s hope that the news coming out of DRC in the last 24hours is a stepping stone for REAL positive announcements in the future.
Not sure AVZ will announce via the ASX the arrests to be honest, while it’s great for us it’s not really for AVZ to announce
Fair point.

My reasoning was that the whole thing is so opaque, with so many of the issues discussed on these threads still to be resolved, that AVZ could not at that point have had a reasonable handle on the timeline.

Regarding the last 24 hours, it appears to be progress but still a massively long way to go.
Hopefully, the first of many dominoes but I feel that I've been here before.

• Love

Doc

Master of Quan
Fair point.

My reasoning was that the whole thing is so opaque, with so many of the issues discussed on these threads still to be resolved, that AVZ could not at that point have had a reasonable handle on the timeline.

Regarding the last 24 hours, it appears to be progress but still a massively long way to go.
Hopefully, the first of many dominoes but I feel that I've been here before.
100%. To me yesterday was the first real news to come out that can affect us.
CAMI IS the road block. Remove the road block and progress can be made. Until then it’s still all talk.

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Bin59

Regular
Netoo’s thoughts on what is happening:
(the next Vidiye hearing is on 5 Dec)
1669495203068.jpeg

1669495181461.jpeg

1669495148119.jpeg

1669495123063.jpeg

1669495045531.jpeg

1669495074070.jpeg