AVZ Discussion 2022

tonster66

Regular
Should read "illegal sale" of 15%. (and mention snacks)
Its interesting that the article says mismanagement of the funds resulting from the sale of the 15%. Cominiere owned the shares and have every right to sell to whomever they chose. What they did was breach the contract with AVZ by not offering them the shares first, technically not illegal. If the arbitration goes AVZ's way then it should open up a compensation claim for AVZ for the breach of contract. IMO

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

TDITD

Top 20
Well well well, those involved in criminal activities in connection to Manono arrested.
Momentous development
Do we know what’s coming next, or shall we call Captain Obvious ?
obvious GIF

Thank you DRC for finally moving🙏

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users

bloke383

Regular

In the name of the higher interest of the nation and the development of the communities of Tanganyika, we urge the PM
@LukondeSama
not to allow the MinPortefeuille to appoint interim leaders at Cominiere because of its unclear role. What PR05 and PM call mining integrals.

Franck is on fire on twitter this morning . A subtle dig at the PM not to appoint any interim (also corrupt) leaders to try & keep stalling the mine licence/development ?

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 28 users

JNRB

Regular
I know kick-backs for journalists can be shaky ground (well not always in DRC I guess) but does anyone else think we should send Frank a case of whiskey or something? Or maybe bring home over here as a local DRC correspondent to cover a shareholder meeting or something. The guy has been so diligent reporting all this

• Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

Samus

Top 20
Screenshot_20221126_094845_Chrome.jpg

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Scoota30

Regular
IMO this is huge news if true.
Instead of articles and videos of Ministers spruiking opinions/speculation (not facts), the General Attorney issued a warrant to arrest the heads of Comineire due to the Zijin IGF report.

This is confirmation to me that we are on the right path. Official court of law actions to FINALLY back up what AVZ management have been saying for so long.
Backing up that they have good legal title of the 75% (Dathomir case completely irrelevant at this stage to me), and some official DRC legal hope that we will actually end up with the 15% that we had first right of refusal for!

"Don't listen to that shit on social media"

Felix's first big swing of his axe.
Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

• Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Charbella

Regular
I know kick-backs for journalists can be shaky ground (well not always in DRC I guess) but does anyone else think we should send Frank a case of whiskey or something? Or maybe bring home over here as a local DRC correspondent to cover a shareholder meeting or something. The guy has been so diligent reporting all this
Let’s not cause Frank any unwanted attention over a case of whiskey.

Reactions: 11 users

Samus

Top 20

#URGENT THE CEO AND THE TECHNICAL DIRECTOR OF THE COMPANY #COMINIÈRE arrested by the intractable PG KUMBU of PG/GOMBE for having sold COMINIERE's shares in a LITHIUM joint venture worth 150 million USD at 33.4 million USD, on the basis of a report from #IGF .

Haha! It's everywhere! Mop must be pissing her pants.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

JNRB

Regular
Let’s not cause Frank any unwanted attention over a case of whiskey.
Thus the preface to that comment.
Was more an expression of appreciation for his efforts than an actual suggestion

Reactions: 5 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Thus the preface to that comment.
Was more an expression of appreciation for his efforts than an actual suggestion
Name your next kid after him, he’ll love it

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

John25

Regular
All they have to do is make these slippery suckers stay locked up…They can worm their out of anything
7UWt.gif

Cell prisoner nolan GIF - Find on GIFER

Reactions: 7 users

Samus

Top 20
Screenshot_20221126_101027_Chrome.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
I don't think the messenger has intentionally been led up the garden path fwiw ; I reckon much of what's been shared in good faith here, (not so much now) ( not worth it ) , has genuinely been, how management saw their position at that time..unfortunately too many snipers in the DRC bushes, who constantly take potshots to disrupt .

Nellis last post was pretty ‘snap snap’ fwiw, will a pot shot be taken that will disrupt that...who knows, but likely genuine at the time. Being weary and sceptical is fine....pineapple post every 20 mines of 24 hour is pretty boring ; I attended the brissy Roadshow ; two things of interest.....Nigel was pretty claim and comfortable until two Chinese women come in after about 10-15 mins after the RS started ; he went straight into rigor mortis mode and any traction I though he was making in moving towards those extra slides etc , it was lost from that point .

Other point of interest and received the same feedback from other road shows ; was that despite all the fire spitting and pineapple throwing on TSE and how the RS / AGM was going to be heated..... It was all crickets ; apart from Beisha’s questions ; there was nothing which resembled any of the table tossing in here....seemed a bit like the chihuahua going mental through the garden fence until the gate is open...gate gets closed and off they go again ; just sayin

Some good news for you this morning obe

I used to feel that way about tse too, then a few locals @BEISHA @Frank @JAG @Cashcity suggested that it wasn’t right to be critical of others here, and for many desperate shareholders, this is the only place they can release the pressure valve we have all been under.

What I did was start about five threads of my own where I could store info I wanted for easy access (Corruption, Maps, Legislation etc) and joined in with those who just took the piss out of everything, because basically I was here everyday looking for updates and didn’t want to sign out of tse with the shits every day.

I’ve tried to put some valuable info here (admittedly with a fair amount of nonsense) and I’ve found tse to be the best place to source information…. As proven by the information that’s been posted here this morning.

The women at the back of the room at the RS may have been exec’s from Lithium Plus…. that was the case in Sydney last year and also made Nigel uncomfortable.

Lithium Plus own 5% of AVZ and CATH own 9% of Lithium Plus so Nigel probably didn’t want any discussion that could have been detrimental to our relationship with CATH

Yesterday I posted a list of the DRC Dirty Dozen…. Looks like we might be rubbing the first one of the list…. and perhaps the next to go might be Mupande

Hang in there obe, I know it’s hard going through all the posts and I know you were one I have held in high regard

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

John25

Regular
Well all know things can change in a heartbeat
1669420014427.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Samus

Top 20
Well all know things can change in a heartbeat
View attachment 22931
Don't worry John we can celebrate now and then complain again once somebody puts another spanner in the works.
These fucks are the ones that have been causing almost all of the problems. If they get done most other detractors no longer have a leg to stand on so hopefully they start to fall over or come grovelling to the side of truth to save their own skin.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

John25

Regular
Don't worry John we can celebrate now and then complain again once somebody puts another spanner in the works.
These fucks are the ones that have been causing almost all of the problems. If they get done most other detractors no longer have a leg to stand on so hopefully they start to fall over or come grovelling to the side of truth to save their own skin.
Sorry Sam but seem to get “triggered” by good news 🤪🤓but hopefully onwards & upwards from here
1669422204168.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

oxxa23

Regular
I'm not sure gifts to Frank is the right appearance to thanks him for reporting on corruption and gifts...🤔

Maybe a donation to charity of his choice...

Reactions: 21 users

TDITD

Top 20
Talking of gifts, mate is having a few drinks in celebration of his day of birth. An I was lucky enough to find some wrapping paper with his name on it to wrap his booze in (y)

20221126_123832.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Samus

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I'm not sure gifts to Frank is the right appearance to thanks him for reporting on corruption and gifts...🤔

Maybe a donation to charity of his choice...
Agreed

I am sure everyone is incredibly appreciative of the work Franck has done to shine a light on the awful state of corruption in the DRC

Unfortunately it would not be appropriate to provide him with any substantial gifts right now.....it's just not the right look

I do think we could get collectively put together a letter of appreciation and thanks and also individually those on the bird could send messages of support and appreciation for the work he has done and also recognise and note his strength of character and moral integrity in facing up to the corruption in his country

That said I do believe there will come a time in the future where a small gift or token of appreciation for Franck would not be considered inappropriate

In much the same way as is customary for the volunteer sports coach to receive a bottle of wine or some chocolates or a modest dinner voucher at the end of a season

• Love
Reactions: 25 users
Top Bottom