AVZ Discussion 2022

Chilla

Regular
I have no idea why the BOD could let such a conflict exist, and to expose themselves to such legal risk.
Yep…defies logic….but it’s a big risk they are taking supporting Nige in this conflict of interest. They can take it on notice that they have been advised the Conflict of Interest exists and has been notified as such. Now it’s up to the BoD to act or be subject to actions if AJN are successful in their application. Plenty of public info out there supporting a conflict of interest and I hope our BoD act in the interest of shareholders and sort this out asap.

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users

Remark

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

oxxa23

Regular
For the 33rd week straight I'm calling ML this week...

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 42 users

CHB

Regular
I believe Nigel would have taken legal advice regarding the conflict of interest

Reactions: 16 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
I believe Nigel would have taken legal advice regarding the conflict of interest

Absolutely he would have and I'm sure the lawyer told him legally there is no conflict but for me its about perception.

Regardless of what date he bought the shares and when he quit the BoD at AJN (I think the timing of that makes it look worse for him too) I/we perceive it as a conflict of interest. The fact that we are discussing it so much shows that it is having a negative effect on shareholder sentiment which makes it a conflict of interest to shareholders.

Would you put up with this from your local MP? I don't think so and at the moment Nigel needs to be more of a politician than a geologist/speccy gold investor in cahoots with that slimy fuck Klaus.

77d8b5270f06eee106902a88db4a4d3d4dd4b7e4.gif

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

tonster66

Regular
Yep…defies logic….but it’s a big risk they are taking supporting Nige in this conflict of interest. They can take it on notice that they have been advised the Conflict of Interest exists and has been notified as such. Now it’s up to the BoD to act or be subject to actions if AJN are successful in their application. Plenty of public info out there supporting a conflict of interest and I hope our BoD act in the interest of shareholders and sort this out asap.
Directors insurance up from 90K to 500K, maybe the insurance company sees a conflict? Should we have an EGM to sort this out?

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
The best part of that Tantalex article is that it mentions there was a brewery in Manono until 1998. Maybe AVZ can rehabilitate that after they get the hydro power station up and running again?

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
The best part of that Tantalex article is that it mentions there was a brewery in Manono until 1998. Maybe AVZ can rehabilitate that after they get the hydro power station up and running again?
I think I see where you’re going with this. The $2 party is at wino’s place, the $3 party at JAG’s, which leaves enough time for the brewery to be rehabilitated in advance of the $4 party right there in Manono. Am I reading you right?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Absolutely he would have and I'm sure the lawyer told him legally there is no conflict but for me its about perception.

Regardless of what date he bought the shares and when he quit the BoD at AJN (I think the timing of that makes it look worse for him too) I/we perceive it as a conflict of interest. The fact that we are discussing it so much shows that it is having a negative effect on shareholder sentiment which makes it a conflict of interest to shareholders.

Would you put up with this from your local MP? I don't think so and at the moment Nigel needs to be more of a politician than a geologist/speccy gold investor in cahoots with that slimy fuck Klaus.

I just don’t get it to be honest.
He on 500k a year at AVZ. Currently has 50m shares and seems 100% confident AVZ will get through current issues. So even being an absolute pessimist he would be thinking $1 a share is easily achievable with AVZ( but we all know it could be multiples of that ). So that’s easily 50-60m minimum of personal wealth yet he ok with creating this fracas for under $1m value of AJN shares?
Or maybe he not so sure on AVZ’ prospects….?
If AJN get the northern section and their SP rockets and then he sells I’ll be really pissed off, not like we can take some of our AVZ money and buy shares in other companies….

It’s like having the ex girlfriends number in your phone and telling your Mrs it means nothing….

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 25 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
He on 500k a year at AVZ. Currently has 50m shares and seems 100% confident AVZ will get through current issues. So even being an absolute pessimist he would be thinking $1 a share is easily achievable with AVZ( but we all know it could be multiples of that ). So that’s easily 50-60m minimum of personal wealth yet he ok with creating this fracas for under $1m value of AJN shares?
If AJN get the northern section and their SP rockets and then he sells I’ll be really pissed off, not like we can take some of our AVZ money and buy shares in other companies….

It’s like having the ex girlfriends number in your phone and telling your Mrs it means nothing….

That would definitely trigger a lawsuit... How can you say something isn't a conflict of interest if there is an entirely possible scenario that could eventuate like that?

Riddle me that Nigel

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Rediah

Regular
All the sins of Jerusalem that NF is carrying on his shoulders will be washed away once he brings the ML. And for everyone's sake he gets it before the end of this suspension deadline.

If the Friday evening grins at AVZ's HQ are to be taken into account, we might be close this time...

200.gif

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Mickyb64

Regular

You're spot on with this Doc, to me it's a no brainer. He will make shit loads more with AVZ. There's obviously a reason why he thinks AJN is worth retaining while damaging his reputation and the prospects of AVZ. His attitude at the AGM towards this issue gave me genuine cause for concern.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

CHB

Regular

Agree that its a perceived conflict.

It's been raised with him and he's given his answer. I've moved on. Everyone is free to keep talking about it of course but not sure it's fruitful.

I just want that bloody ML

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

TDITD

Top 20
Seriously how old are you the rubbish you post is embarrassing
Hi Ashlee,

I don't know if you were unlucky enough to see my 'joke' posts about my balls being in a drawer and Nigel coming along every now and again just as they were looking like getting smashed and he saves them, giving them a nice shave and moisturising then he disappears but my balls are still in the drawer.

This was my juvenile attempt at humour within the metaphor for my experience over the years as a long-term AVZ investor.
Wombat was simply carrying on my metaphor.

TDITD

Top 20
That was a piss-poor response from NF to that question at the AGM. He basically said that there was no conflict of interest because AJN used to be into gold, even though they are now in competition with us. WTF? Conflict of interest is the simplest of concepts, and arrangements to manage such conflicts exist within companies and governments across the globe.
For reference - AVZ Code of Conduct p2

Potential for conflict of interest arises when it is likely that an Employee could be influenced, or it could be perceived that such Employee is influenced by a personal interest when carrying out their duties. Conflicts of interest that lead to biased decision making may constitute corrupt conduct.

It can be easily fixed.
bang on here, have you or anyone emailed this to BOD ?

I may do so next week as this is a point that like quite a few others it seems we are not satisfied with.

Reactions: 8 users

wombat74

Top 20

"Or maybe he not so sure on AVZ’ prospects….?"

Nigel said we will be reviewing spending/costs in 3 months if things aren't going our way . Said he has not ordered parts/long lead items to build the mine .

I think that answers your question .

• Thinking
  • Sad
bang on here, have you or anyone emailed this to BOD ?

I may do so next week as this is a point that like quite a few others it seems we are not satisfied with.
I have not raised this with the BOD. I would think the matter would be best adressed to the Chairman.

Reactions: 3 users
Here is how I see it.

Nigel has stated that TH won't lift until we get ML.

There is no guarantee we will - Nigel stated that if ML not issued in 3 months will review so he obviously has doubts at some level.

So he is consigning us all to a game of double or quits - a binary outcome. We are locked out of trading now based on all the info we have and the company could detail in market announcement (stuff he mention in roadshows) and let us trade now and take our chances or sell.

If we traded now then yeah maybe 40 cents - maybe more or less however we could each make our calls and live with those decisions.

Nigel to me is acting like a parent trying to control outcomes for his children.

As mentioned - he is consigning us to huge wins if ML comes off or big losses if we don't get it.

Question? Why are we being dictated those terms?

• Thinking
  • Fire

Charbella

Regular
I have not raised this with the BOD. I would think the matter would be best adressed to the Chairman.
Is this going to help us getting our ML sooner? If not can we just park this issue for now. We need Nigel’s heart and mind 100% on secure our license , we don’t need to create any further distractions.

• Fire
Reactions: 33 users

wombat74

Top 20
Here is how I see it.

Nigel has stated that TH won't lift until we get ML.

There is no guarantee we will - Nigel stated that if ML not issued in 3 months will review so he obviously has doubts at some level.

So he is consigning us all to a game of double or quits - a binary outcome. We are locked out of trading now based on all the info we have and the company could detail in market announcement (stuff he mention in roadshows) and let us trade now and take our chances or sell.

If we traded now then yeah maybe 40 cents - maybe more or less however we could each make our calls and live with those decisions.

Nigel to me is acting like a parent trying to control outcomes for his children.

As mentioned - he is consigning us to huge wins if ML comes off or big losses if we don't get it.

Question? Why are we being dictated those terms?
There will be a plan B . Obviously Nigel's not going to talk about at the AGM. He has to display an iron will . Our enemies would have been watching . At some point we will trade again regardless imo . I don't think SH will allow the company to spend all our money fighting this until we are extinct while they get paid their fat salaries and expenses. While share holders cant access their money . It won't happen . There would be anarchy . Nigel definitely must have a plan B . The all or nothing approach is BS , and it's not his choice to make . IMO

Last edited:
  • Fire
Top Bottom