AVZ Discussion 2022

Helios

Regular
You're right, but that doesn't argue against what @solo stated about information that was given to the public in the DRC, but nothing for english speaking investors at home. I forgot at the time I was expecting an english release regarding that presso to follow but it never came. It's disrespectful to the people paying for this project and managements saleries.

Other information could have been released that didn't accuse corruption, most simply, what we are currently waiting on.
If it's a corrupt official blocking, then it could have simply been a statement that we are waiting on a decision from minister "x" or whatever.
Fact is 5 + months and not a single bit of information.
Fucking joke mate.

Again, information that didn't accuse the governement of corruption could still have been released to inform investers of the progress the'yre at.
The "They can't say anything." is bullshit.
Very true, clearly emotions are high. I have an invite to the roadshow and intend on travelling from nsw to wa for agm. I hope the hard questions are asked and answered for everyone's sake.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

ptlas

Regular
BEISH you are certainly giving @TDITD (TITS), and @John25 a race for the mantel, but @Winenut and I are so far ahead of the rest of you that we don’t even need to swear anymore 🤣
Big lol
Full of shit
Your past your prime big boy, lost your edge.
As for wino, he can only do it after a flagon.
Lightweights.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Azzler

Top 20
To those attending the AGM, please give them a really hard time and make them answer for the lack of communication.
I can imagine it being forgotten about if we're out of suspension and it's blue skies ahead.
There will always be other hard times to come in a journey like this, so don't let the hype take away from the fury.
Make the fuckers embarressed, because they should be.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

ptlas

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

BEISHA

Top 20
I understand all the frustration regarding lack of information, and the anger alot want to unload at management, but people are losing sight that AVZ management would be completely stupid if they were to inform shareholders by way of an ASX announcement that the delay of mining licence was due to current DRC ministerial staff acting corruptly. Different if internal mechanisms of the DRC are investing prior ministers, but that is not the case.

Considering what we now know, I don't know what AVZ management could actually announce without embarrassing the DRC government and therefore putting AVZ in the cross hairs of a DRC goverment wanting more international exposure for welcoming mining investment.

I would rather have pissed of shareholders who will one day be rewarded, than a pissed off goverment who can destroy everything if that means shutting up for 6 months and letting rumour fly.
I believe the frustration of all here when it comes to AVZ management , is the lack of continuous disclosure in the past, which has led us here today in this sad, sorry mess .

When was AVZ management aware about the Zijin / Cominiere 15% snack deal and why they thought it was prudent not to inform the ASX / shareholders ?

When was AVZ management aware of the Dathomir / Dathcom 15% saga and why they thought it prudent not to inform the ASX / shareholders ?

Why has all the items such as SEZ , UPDATED BFS, FID been put on the slow cooker for so long ?

These are just 3 of many questions that i have in my head right now that i will be asking the BOD, come the AGM.

imo

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

ptlas

Regular
To those attending the AGM, please give them a really hard time and make them answer for the lack of communication.
I can imagine it being forgotten about if we're out of suspension and it's blue skies ahead.
There will always be other hard times to come in a journey like this, so don't let the hype take away from the fury.
Make the fuckers embarressed, because they should be.
Given you aTU because they need to be held accountable.
However, in the limited time available it may be prudent to focus on the present/ future.
Also, if you go for the throat you will be shut down and maybe even ejaculated from the premises.
Just saying

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

wombat74

Top 20
You have every right do be pissed. Not disputing it. Difference is, a number of investors want to lynch management, I believe in reserving judgement/lynching until I know why, and I now believe from all info you and others have provided that accusing DRC Government officials of corruption by way of an asx announcement would have been business suicide.
Hopefully a few announcements this week before the road show kicks off will settle any agro down. They must be at a minimum very confident about how things are progressing . Otherwise they wouldn't do a RS . Especially after reading all the agro on these forums .I agree they need to be very careful about not offending the DRC gov / people .

Reactions: 23 users

Helios

Regular
I believe the frustration of all here when it comes to AVZ management , is the lack of continuous disclosure in the past, which has led us here today in this sad, sorry mess .

When was AVZ management aware about the Zijin / Cominiere 15% snack deal and why they thought it was prudent not to inform the ASX / shareholders ?

When was AVZ management aware of the Dathomir / Dathcom 15% saga and why they thought it prudent not to inform the ASX / shareholders ?

Why has all the items such as SEZ , UPDATED BFS, FID been put on the slow cooker for so long ?

These are just 3 of many questions that i have in my head right now that i will be asking the BOD, come the AGM.

imo
Perfectly legitimate questions that need answered.

And if the answers are shit, I expect I'll be one of those ones being ejected.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users
I rest my case

Hard times, no paragraphing, only one swear word 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Flight996

Regular
You have every right do be pissed. Not disputing it. Difference is, a number of investors want to lynch management, I believe in reserving judgement/lynching until I know why, and I know believe from all info you and others have provided that accusing DRC Government officials of corruption by way of an asx announcement would have been business suicide.
Hi Helios

While you are right that AVZ management should not seek to directly embarrass the DRC government, it's not like DRC corruption is a secret. And unless AVZ continues to put legal pressure of FT's seemingly inept government, nothing tangible will happen.

The entire business and political world will be very aware of the sovereign risk posed by the DRC's endemic and multigenerational corruption; vertically integrated corruption that runs like a salmon-spawning run from the very bottom to the very top. In fact, in mid-2022, US Sec of State Blinken said that US investment will only come when DRC corruption ends. That's a pretty telling statement, and one that carries a lot of business and political weight. If that didn't embarrass Felix's government into action, nothing will.

While Felix struts the world stage promoting the DRC's battery hub credentials, nothing meaningful happens on the ground. It's all bullshit and hype. Battery facilities require many, many sophisticated and integrated inputs. The DRC has nothing to offer except a giant ore body that remains stuck in the ground due to graft and corruption.

Nonetheless, I remain hopeful that the reams of papers in Felix's in-box, which identify corrupt activities and name names will be read one day and genuine action taken. But I'm not holding my breath. There is little evidence of any meaningful action to date....probably because thousands of fat officials and Chinese rodents are happy with the status quo.

Cheers
F

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Hi Helios

While you are right that AVZ management should not seek to directly embarrass the DRC government, it's not like DRC corruption is a secret. And unless AVZ continues to put legal pressure of FT's seemingly inept government, nothing tangible will happen.

The entire business and political world will be very aware of the sovereign risk posed by the DRC's endemic and multigenerational corruption; vertically integrated corruption that runs like a salmon-spawning run from the very bottom to the very top. In fact, in mid-2022, US Sec of State Blinken said that US investment will only come when DRC corruption ends. That's a pretty telling statement, and one that carries a lot of business and political weight. If that didn't embarrass Felix's government into action, nothing will.

While Felix struts the world stage promoting the DRC's battery hub credentials, nothing meaningful happens on the ground. It's all bullshit and hype. Battery facilities require many, many sophisticated and integrated inputs. The DRC has nothing to offer except a giant ore body that remains stuck in the ground due to graft and corruption.

Nonetheless, I remain hopeful that the reams of papers in Felix's in-box, which identify corrupt activities and name names will be read one day and genuine action taken. But I'm not holding my breath. There is little evidence of any meaningful action to date....probably because thousands of fat officials and Chinese rodents are happy with the status quo.

Cheers
F
Perfectly articulated !

Perfectly articulated !

BEISHA there’s been a few questions posted on here regarding questions at the AGM and Roadshow as well as suggestions that @Winenut and I are going soft….

Can we expect…. No RELY UPON a repeat performance by you at the upcoming events

I just love this old footage I found of you and many of us here in NSW are relying on you to ask the tough questions in WA

• Haha
  • Love

BEISHA

Top 20
BEISHA there’s been a few questions posted on here regarding questions at the AGM and Roadshow as well as suggestions that @Winenut and I are going soft….

Can we expect…. No RELY UPON a repeat performance by you at the upcoming events

I just love this old footage I found of you and many of us here in NSW are relying on you to ask the tough questions in WA

I used to play tennis at a very high level, was a ball boy when MCENROE, BORG, GERALITUS, CONNORS , LENDL etc were playing at the now defunct entertainment centre in WA.

MCENROE was a idol to me, one of the most entertaining sports people of all time, which is why i also like NICK KYRGIOS.

As i said before, i aint a shrinking violet, you can be rest assured i will be asking the tough questions.........in a polite controlled manner .

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I used to play tennis at a very high level, was a ball boy when MCENROE, BORG, GERALITUS, CONNORS , LENDL etc were playing at the now defunct entertainment centre in WA.

MCENROE was a idol to me, one of the most entertaining sports people of all time, which is why i also like NICK KYRGIOS.

As i said before, i aint a shrinking violet, you can be rest assured i will be asking the tough questions.........in a polite controlled manner .
Just don't take your racquet with you or all hell could break loose...:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Just don't take your racquet with you or all hell could break loose...:ROFLMAO:
Actually, i had this in mind....

knife.gif

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users

CHB

Regular
You have every right do be pissed. Not disputing it. Difference is, a number of investors want to lynch management, I believe in reserving judgement/lynching until I know why, and I now believe from all info you and others have provided that accusing DRC Government officials of corruption by way of an asx announcement would have been business suicide.
100% this.

Formally announcing corruption would have killed off AVZ (at least until producing). Tarnished even if everything came good.

For now it's just treated as something off to the side, just a hurdle to jump over.

Reactions: 4 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Given you aTU because they need to be held accountable.
However, in the limited time available it may be prudent to focus on the present/ future.
Also, if you go for the throat you will be shut down and maybe even ejaculated from the premises.
Just saying
Prematurely??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Prematurely??:rolleyes::rolleyes:
That is so funny Xerof

Can't believe I missed that little accidental gem from ptlas on my read through the post....hilarious!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!

Personally I don't think shareholders seriously want to lynch management

The "lynching" is purely a powerful and symbolic metaphor representing the strong desire for clarity and accountability from the Manangement and Board of AVZ

This strong desire for clarity and accountablility has manifested from extreme feelings of frustration and anger that have been exponentially growing within shareholders in the perceived but also very palpable vacuum of silence surrounding the complex issues at hand

The roadshows, AGM and potentially any official announcements prior to these events will be most telling

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Top Bottom