AVZ Discussion 2022

John25

Regular
While i am on the wacky tobaccy.........

View attachment 19718

a) hate the fucking french language

b) hate the fucking fact the DRC govt officials are plump whilst the common folk are starving to death...

c) hate the fucking China state govt.

d) hate the fucking fact the world desperately needs supply of lithium but the china state govt / DRC govt is holding the obvious solution up ( MANONO )

e) hate the fucking fact that AVZ management havnt abided by the golden rule of continuous disclosure

f) hate this fucking messy shit show in general.

@MoneyBags1348

Am i giving @TDITD a run for his money ?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
1666446951533.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

ptlas

Regular

Reactions: 1 users

John25

Regular
Gets a vote but too many correct and neat indentations :cool:
Not Alcohol fuelled plus more +*%##^% needed …too polite as well …actually dont think BEISHA has it in him ,think hes missing @Flashpoint …oh those were the days my friend :)

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

John25

Regular
Looks like its the West only thread again …

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Der Geist

Regular

Der Geist

Regular
👆👍✅. Yes they keep dragging it down looking for trolls.

============

With all of AVZ’s woes coming to a head in 2022 in a business environment that is inclined to what we call ‘corruption’, it is reassuring CATH engaged AVZ for the TIA and did not abandon. HuaYou also did not sell its shares. Nor Bin Guo’s Lithium plus to my knowledge. Zijin’s proxy did.

Of course many of us are wary of Chinese involvement including management. When I met Nigel in 2019 at the Sydney RIU conference, he was very keen to head ‘West’. Some of us may recall the Swiss engagement and German as well. Even the GHG report signalled a lot, not least company statements on strategic locations.

But the reality was and is the Chinese partners have a well oiled machine to succeed in DRC. We know that.

This brings me to the point of this post which is not so clear to western audiences.

the Ningde era occupies the leading market and directly drives upstream lithium power materials and equipment enterprises closer to the Ningde era

I want to draw your attention to lower case “the” in “the Ningde Era”. 宁德-时代, suggesting that this is CATL’s time, it’s dominion.

This is how the Chinese often use the word ‘Era’ 时代 ‘Shídài’. It is almost dynastic in connotation. In fact we probably have all intuited this fact but we just see it as marketing. But for the CCP and CATL, it really is the Shídài of CATL reflecting the Shidai of China in the world. It is a gigantic hiving entity that draws all the ‘nutrients’ supply chains in and around itself. When the domestic supply chain entities consider an IPO listing it is as a CATL supply chain entity.

Therefore for AVZ, CATH is a client of CATL. And, yes you guessed it, AVZ is an irritant regards to integration into it’s shidai.

Recall that CATL IPO listing commenced at a time the market was still heating up for lithium but in same month offical EV subsidy plans started to be leaked disconnecting lower range vehicles and lower energy density Li battery companies from the ‘boob’ hence a domino effect on supply and demand. (AVZ’s 37cps happened in January), but by June when CATL listed the market was in decline. (We know what Eckhof did signalling that, and despite we were (and are) waiting on BNB’s IPO plans to emerge + more.). Result is CATL worked to pick up cheap pickings including as you know Yibin looking to get a board seat on the cheap. 4.5cps was humiliating. Thanks to the Australian Government they didn’t get a board seat. If they did however, what would that do for the current politics on AVZ shoring up it’s mandate over Manono’s key real estate?

CATL probably doesn’t care. It is developing sodium batteries to take the heat out of the lithium battery market. By the time Manono is in production the prices could be lower. But they may still be higher than anything AVZ’s DFS imagined.

As we often rehearse in our mind when we think about jurisdiction risk, it is occasionally noted the Congolese know what depending on one external state does for its sovereignty. The ‘SHIDAI hiving Ningde’ needs careful resisting Perhaps AVZ finding another partner besides CATH wiii pave the way to make the Chinese more respectful?

The USA really needs to see its client states and partners as ‘Americans’ too. The US needs to embrace AVZ more as one of its own just as it does with the 5 eyes.

A little more on the direction I see, is that China has embarked on the “ideological man” phase, ‘Marxist-Leninism’, with Xi Jingping its emblem of sanctity and authority to-be-on/par with Mao Zedong.

L
So you’re suggesting CATL has the power to manipulate market conditions in its favour?

Der Geist

Regular

Second q was a French diplomatic newsletter.source

What’s missing from MMCS claims is a chronology which shows when they first made an administrative appeal. My research back in March 2017, revealed that under the mining code admin appeals can happen without a limit and so executive discretion is required to allow repeats or not. MMCS never showed this stage nor appeal result justification.

There’s also nothing on what they were doing just about ownership rights and Nigel said they weren’t doing anything besides exploiting some artisanals. It was as simple as that.
A State can take back control if it has strategic interests to do so. Congolese appeared rough about it and that’s the sticking point.

Obviously a lot more respect for AVZ from Congolese.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

JasonM

Regular
catching up on the thread this morning and its like wow everyone needs to chill a bit, saturday night bender or what it ain that great at the moment but it aint that bad either.

Reactions: 8 users

Doc

Master of Quan
catching up on the thread this morning and its like wow everyone needs to chill a bit, saturday night bender or what it ain that great at the moment but it aint that bad either.

Going off recent history I actually thought it was a tame Saturday night. I’m a bit disappointed.
Maybe Winenut has me desensitized to a good rant

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular

For once the Black Caps showed up properly, if only they could play like that everytime instead of choking when it counts.

I'll just leave this here for you to watch again.

Maybe Kiwi's can fly?

• Haha
  • Sad

Doc

Master of Quan
For once the Black Caps showed up properly, if only they could play like that everytime instead of choking when it counts.

I'll just leave this here for you to watch again.

Maybe Kiwi's can fly?

Why I think Steve Smith should be in the side. Might not be Maxwell flamboyant or raw power of Stoinis etc but when the shit hits the fan and Aussies are 3 for f’all he can hold down an end and give power hitters some breathing room.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Helios

Regular
I understand all the frustration regarding lack of information, and the anger alot want to unload at management, but people are losing sight that AVZ management would be completely stupid if they were to inform shareholders by way of an ASX announcement that the delay of mining licence was due to current DRC ministerial staff acting corruptly. Different if internal mechanisms of the DRC are investing prior ministers, but that is not the case.

Considering what we now know, I don't know what AVZ management could actually announce without embarrassing the DRC government and therefore putting AVZ in the cross hairs of a DRC goverment wanting more international exposure for welcoming mining investment.

I would rather have pissed of shareholders who will one day be rewarded, than a pissed off goverment who can destroy everything if that means shutting up for 6 months and letting rumour fly.

• Fire
Reactions: 46 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Why I think Steve Smith should be in the side. Might not be Maxwell flamboyant or raw power of Stoinis etc but when the shit hits the fan and Aussies are 3 for f’all he can hold down an end and give power hitters some breathing room.

I'm not being a one eyed kiwi here but Steve Smith shouldn't even be allowed to play for Australia and neither should David Warner, being one of the best at a sport is no excuse for being a cheat. I wonder how many bags of snacks the ICC took to let them play again :ROFLMAO:

I wasn't even born when it happened and I'm still not over the under arm btw. At least we can have a laugh about it now though:

• Love
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

solo

Regular
I understand all the frustration regarding lack of information, and the anger alot want to unload at management, but people are losing sight that AVZ management would be completely stupid if they were to inform shareholders by way of an ASX announcement that the delay of mining licence was due to current DRC ministerial staff acting corruptly. Different if internal mechanisms of the DRC are investing prior ministers, but that is not the case.

Considering what we now know, I don't know what AVZ management could actually announce without embarrassing the DRC government and therefore putting AVZ in the cross hairs of a DRC goverment wanting more international exposure for welcoming mining investment.

I would rather have pissed of shareholders who will one day be rewarded, than a pissed off goverment who can destroy everything if that means shutting up for 6 months and letting rumour fly.

Two months ago AVZ did a press conference in Kinshasa for Congolese media and NGOs and presented to them lots of documents, emails, letters and other evidences in support of AVZ position in ownership disputes. None of this information was disclosed to shareholders since then. None of that information was provided in English. We had to collect this information piece by piece from Congolese medias by ourselves. This is bullshit. We have all the rights to be pissed..

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users
While i am on the wacky tobaccy.........

View attachment 19718

a) hate the fucking french language

b) hate the fucking fact the DRC govt officials are plump whilst the common folk are starving to death...

c) hate the fucking China state govt.

d) hate the fucking fact the world desperately needs supply of lithium but the china state govt / DRC govt is holding the obvious solution up ( MANONO )

e) hate the fucking fact that AVZ management havnt abided by the golden rule of continuous disclosure

f) hate this fucking messy shit show in general.

@MoneyBags1348

Am i giving @TDITD a run for his money ?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BEISH you are certainly giving @TDITD (TITS), and @John25 a race for the mantel, but @Winenut and I are so far ahead of the rest of you that we don’t even need to swear anymore 🤣

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Helios

Regular
Two months ago AVZ did a press conference in Kinshasa for Congolese media and NGOs and presented to them lots of documents, emails, letters and other evidences in support of AVZ position in ownership disputes. None of this information was disclosed to shareholders since then. None of that information was provided in English. We had to collect this information piece by piece from Congolese medias by ourselves. This is bullshit. We have all the rights to be pissed..
You have every right do be pissed. Not disputing it. Difference is, a number of investors want to lynch management, I believe in reserving judgement/lynching until I know why, and I now believe from all info you and others have provided that accusing DRC Government officials of corruption by way of an asx announcement would have been business suicide.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

BEISHA

Top 20
I think that's enough, that’ll do pig....that’ll do, now fuck off.

View attachment 19724
Cmon bud, personal attacks are not cool, you are much , much better than that.

You aint a orphan in that regard either, so not pointing you out solely.

@ptlas is spot on, if you dont like what you read, or the poster................just ignore.

We dont want to go down the rabbit hole of HC.!!!

• Fire

Azzler

Top 20
You have every right do be pissed. Not disputing it. Difference is, a number of investors want to lynch management, I believe in reserving judgement/lynching until I know why, and I now believe from all info you and others have provided that accusing DRC Government officials of corruption by way of an asx announcement would have been business suicide.
You're right, but that doesn't argue against what @solo stated about information that was given to the public in the DRC, but nothing for english speaking investors at home. I forgot at the time I was expecting an english release regarding that presso to follow but it never came. It's disrespectful to the people paying for this project and managements saleries.

Other information could have been released that didn't accuse corruption, most simply, what we are currently waiting on.
If it's a corrupt official blocking, then it could have simply been a statement that we are waiting on a decision from minister "x" or whatever.
Fact is 5 + months and not a single bit of information.
Fucking joke mate.

Again, information that didn't accuse the governement of corruption could still have been released to inform investers of the progress the'yre at.
The "They can't say anything." is bullshit.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
Top Bottom