AVZ Discussion 2022

While we are changing things up a little, I think it's really quite important to change our logo to more accurately portray our company. Im thinking from a chameleon to a sloth or maybe even a sloth with its arms and legs tied up ? A dead sloth ? too far ?

It seems we have this

B36F9955-573F-4995-88DB-CA77C4A67F85.jpeg

When what we want is this

3B587729-D0E2-4B62-A487-F45AFBA208BE.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Remark

Top 20
I think this one sums it up.

avz snail.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
I found the boards AGM presentation rehearsal

hamburglar-mcdonalds.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

GazDix

Regular
In the crypto world, there is a running joke that the best way to force HODL is by going to prison for 5 years for something that will hurt the establishment and not someone personally and coming out a multi-millionaire.

Holding AVZ, there is no need to go to prison! Bonus.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

wombat74

Top 20
Just curious . The announcement says "planned " roadshows . How long have these road shows been in the pipeline for ?

Reactions: 1 users

Mickyb64

Regular
Just curious . The announcement says "planned " roadshows . How long have these road shows been in the pipeline for ?
Are these the roadshows that were planned and cancelled prior to Covid?

• Thinking

wombat74

Top 20
Would they do a road show while we are still suspended ?

• Thinking

wombat74

Top 20
Does anyone have an experience where a road show was conducted with the company in long term suspension or just suspension in general ?Personally I don't . Is this cause for optimism ?

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

ptlas

Regular
The giveaeay was the low volume on the way to the top which I was castigated for when I noted it on the crapper.
The distribution candles at the top were confirmation.
From there, the fall was managed to allow the toads to unload.
I was too affected by confirmation bias to react but the signs were clearly visible to me then.
This was a campaign over weeks.
Someone knew what was happening.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

ptlas

Regular
In the crypto world, there is a running joke that the best way to force HODL is by going to prison for 5 years for something that will hurt the establishment and not someone personally and coming out a multi-millionaire.

Holding AVZ, there is no need to go to prison! Bonus.
But you still feel like you're in prison.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Roon

Regular
Does anyone have an experience where a road show was conducted with the company in long term suspension or just suspension in general ?Personally I don't . I'm feeling good about this .
I just see the roadshow as a means for management to try and reassure SH's that things are still being done (our 'activities in the DRC'), and that there is still hope of favourable outcome - prior to being roasted at the AGM. I imagine this is being done to prevent everyone at that event rightfully complaining they have received no information about the goings on over the last months. As such, I don't see the planning of a roadshow as a hint that they expect everything to have been sorted, or that they have big news pieces like a TO or anything to present.

I think its just going to be more strategic propaganda - if a little deeper than the fluff seen in the ASX announcements - to allay expected criticism.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Ozthescot

Regular
I just see the roadshow as a means for management to try and reassure SH's that things are still being done (our 'activities in the DRC'), and that there is still hope of favourable outcome - prior to being roasted at the AGM. I imagine this is being done to prevent everyone at that event rightfully complaining they have received no information about the goings on over the last months. As such, I don't see the planning of a roadshow as a hint that they expect everything to have been sorted, or that they have big news pieces like a TO or anything to present.

I think its just going to be more strategic propaganda - if a little deeper than the fluff seen in the ASX announcements - to allay expected criticism.
I agree Roon, I think this is exactly what's at play here!

Reactions: 5 users

whales

Regular
Does anyone have an experience where a road show was conducted with the company in long term suspension or just suspension in general ?Personally I don't . Is this cause for optimism ?
The only optimism from the roadshow is to gauge what the major shareholders would agree to regarding a price for a successful takeover or joint venture partnership with someone like RIO or Piedmont just my opinion .

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Hemicuda

Regular
I agree Roon, I think this is exactly what's at play here!
Without substantial news, be it at a road show, via zoom or in person at the agm, Nige and co are going to be skinned alive. They are dumber then dogshit if they don’t see this as being the only outcome.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

JasonM

Regular
Without substantial news, be it at a road show, via zoom or in person at the agm, Nige and co are going to be skinned alive. They are dumber then dogshit if they don’t see this as being the only outcome.
I agree, why would they do a roadshow if they're going to get slammed by shareholders, better just suck it up once at the agm than put themselves through it twice. if they have no ml there is little point in having a roadshow. I do take confidence from the roadshow planning as that must mean, imo, that they will have positive updates out by then and are wanting to rebuild shareholder confidence and trust.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

TDITD

Top 20

I don't reckon that's their play here Roon. (Bloody better not be, as a few anecdotes, sighs and well-timed eye-rolls from Nigel at the roadshow isn't going to placate us shareholders)

With what we are seeing on twitter, from Serge an our lawyers meeting with the tanganyika govenor to the deleted tweet from Christian about more litigation it looks like we are moving closer and making progress, I would venture to posit we are talking deals now instead of the criminal acts by the Chinese, even closing in on those deals too albeit in DRC time.

Felix and the DRC are on the international stage, the US sent delegates over recently and held meetings over 'critical minerals'. Behind the scenes it seems there is a USA vs China battle for the huge minerals within Africa. Felix wants democracy and to root out corruption he wants prosperity for the DRC, China aren't fans of democracy or a business environment where they cannot bribe so obviously and with China being in the DRC for a while now, well its obvious the DRC isn't prospering.

If Felix fucks this up by allowing AVZ to be screwed over then its not looking good for his prospects or the DRCs, he will look a bit silly too after the IGF incriminated Cominiere and Zijin. They will be left with simply the Chinese, who they know are screwing them over. I imagine, as many reports have stated coming out of the DRC they are annoyed with how little they are getting back from their deals with the Chinese within the mining sector. Unfortunately for us I wouldn't be surprised if this was a reason for the ML hold up with a hard negotiation over the other 15%, as when the ML is granted remember 10% to DRC. Maybe the Gov want as much of that as they can get, and are aiming for 20%, leaving us with 5% to make it 56%, I'd be chuffed with 10% an they get 5% to leave DRC govt with 15% an they also get a percentage of AVZ shares, leaving us with 61% and them with a valuable holding in Dathcom plus dividends down the track.

Anyhow I got side tracked a little with a brain-fart apologies, I'm thinking the Roadshows will be after the AGM. Not too much time between now and the AGM for them to go on a roadshow - an that's without mentioning all shit happening atm, where will they get the time? ....unless all is agreed, and all we are waiting on is a sign off from big daddy Felix :devilish:

Something that made me smile a dark smile is remember that the scummy shorters are still paying interest after all this time, what fun it will be coming out of suspension with good news of ML, holding the project at a higher percentage, CATL $$ and a blow your socks off BFS.

• Fire
Reactions: 25 users

wombat74

Top 20

Then why not just release a detailed update on their website /ASX ? Why would they want to walk into the lion's den ? Face to face with an angry beast . You would only do it if you were confident the beast had been tamed .

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
Then why not just release a detailed update on their website /ASX ? Why would they want to walk into the lion's den ? Face to face with an angry beast . You would only do it if you were confident the beast had been tamed .
They usually release the roadshow preso via an announcement immediately before the first roadshow, so I'm guessing there will be enough in the announcement to take the heat out of the roadshow

Reactions: 8 users

wombat74

Top 20
They usually release the roadshow preso via an announcement immediately before the first roadshow, so I'm guessing there will be enough in the announcement to take the heat out of the roadshow
Exactly . Has to be some encouraging news prior . Otherwise they will be like lambs to the slaughter .

Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom