AVZ Discussion 2022

JAG

Top 20
Anyone got any ideas as to why the ICC Case Conference did not take place? "The Parties will be convened to a case management conference in September 2022 "
I still have my left nut mate....

dance GIF

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer

Reactions: 7 users

wombat74

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

TDITD

Top 20
Don't get sad . Get angry . Are there any songs out there about seek and destroy . I don't want tears I want f--king blood .
Blood with controlled rage :

The music playing as AVZ shareholders walk into AGM :

Break stuff, does what it says on the tin :

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

JAG

Top 20
Blood with controlled rage :

The music playing as AVZ shareholders walk into AGM :

Break stuff, does what it says on the tin :

Doesn’t matter where I am in Aus or the world for work I will not miss this AGM….

• Fire

Hemicuda

Regular
I am a fuckin' machine, fueled by the past
Memory's a memory until it's a fact
I can bury the hatchet and let some shit go
But I got too many grudges to hold
I saw a lot of people die in the end
I never wanna walk that road again
Now I will never give up
I don't wanna have it all, I just wanna have enough
And this is where it begins
And this is where it ends
They called us a dead generation
They told us that we wouldn't survive
They left us alone in the maelstrom
As you can see we're all clearly alive
We know where you are and we're coming
Let's see ya say that shit to our face
30-30-150 remembers, 30-30-150 hates

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Shit, we seem to have struck a chord today 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Frank

Top 20
It’s Official! My head is now completely done in by the absolute circus this has become.

While I totally get the silence from Nigel and Co around not giving away any info on
“how“ they are attempting to combat these external threats, I cannot for the life of me come up with a reason why we cannot be told “what” these threats are or what we are being accused of. However I am now of the belief that we as shareholders are entitled to something a little more substantial than a couple of hollow paragraphs announcing another extension. Just my opinion and absolutely born out of frustration.

I am a big fan of Nigel and the BOD. Given what we are now seeing it is remarkable they have been even able to get this project to this
point.

Thank you to all who take the time to post their research on this site and keep us in the loop as much as is possible.

Good luck to all.

Thank you to all who take the time to post their research on this site and keep us in the loop as much as is possible.

*Fyi, Did you see where,

The DRC’s decree of creating the Congolese Battery Council has been adopted

The government of the Democratic Republic of Congo will be equipped in the coming days with a new public establishment called the Congolese Battery Council.

The draft decree on the creation, organization and operation of this public institution was adopted at the 71st meeting of the Council of Ministers.

Presented by the Ministry of Industry, Julien Paluku, who pointed out that the Congolese Battery Council is the technical structure supposed to follow and evaluate the materialization of the commitments of the President of the Republic within the framework of the execution of these ambitious projects of the competitive electric battery value chain.

“This structure provides the technical elements necessary for the government to ensure the supply chain of the minerals that go into the manufacture of the batteries. The Congolese Battery Council will collaborate with the Battery Councils of other States according to the cooperation agreements between said States and the DRC”, reports the minutes of the meeting held on Friday, September 30, 2022.

Remember, the DRC and Zambia intend, through a joint project, to develop their reserves of lithium, one of the essential components in the manufacture of electric batteries.

During a working visit to Lusaka, the Zambian capital, Felix Tshisekedi and his Zambian counterpart, Hakainde Hichilema, signed a memorandum of understanding on the creation of a common value chain for the battery and power sectors. ‘clean energy.

Through this agreement, Zambia and the DRC decide that the two countries agree to establish a DRC-Zambia Battery Council to oversee the implementation of the cooperation agreement for the value chain of electric car batteries for the benefit of the two countries.

copperbeltkatangamining

EV makers must partner with miners to secure key metals

A key lithium producer in Australia, the world’s top supplier, is urging electric car manufacturers and battery makers to become its partners in new refinery projects, arguing their direct financial backing is vital to avoid shortfalls of the material that’s crucial to the clean energy transition.

www.mining.com/web/ev-makers-must-partner-with-miners-to-secure-key-metals/

The DRC mining sector represented 99.3% of the country’s exports and contributed 24.79% to jobs in 2019(report)​

The mining sector of the Democratic Republic of Congo remains, to this day, the key sector of the Congolese national economy.

In 2019, exports from this sector were estimated at 99.3% of the country’s total exports and contributed 24.79% in jobs in 2019, informs a report by the non-governmental organization ” Makuta ya Maendeleo” on the Mining Fund for Future Generations (FOMIN).

Considered as one of the richest countries in the world in natural resources, in particular mines, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) is the world’s leading producer of cobalt, the leading African producer of copper and has significant diamond deposits. , gold, coltan, zinc, lithium, uranium, and manganese.

Despite the strong growth in mining production recorded over the past fifteen years following the liberalization of the mining sector in the early 2000s, the mining sector has not yet contributed significantly to the social and economic development of the Congolese populations, notes this report.

Deficient governance, in particular, the inequitable distribution and use of revenues from this sector between the central government, local entities and local communities are among the factors underlying this situation.

The country has also not put in place a mechanism that can promote the sharing of mining revenues with future generations.

In March 2018, the revised Mining Code tried to remedy some of these shortcomings by providing for the direct payment of a portion of the mining royalty to the provinces and local entities, and the constitution of a Sovereign Fund dedicated to future generations called Fonds Mining for Future Generations (FOMIN).

The Mining Fund for future generations thus established will have to be fed by the 10% quota of the mining royalty.

However, the assigned missions and the organic structure as well as the governance of FOMIN are the subject of controversy within the Congolese Government and other stakeholders including civil society organizations and the private sector.

This situation reinforces the skepticism of public opinion, which fears that the existing structure and the deficient rules of governance put in place by the Decree establishing FOMIN will hinder the ambition of the DRC to effectively transfer part of the revenues from the mining sector. future generations as is the case with many other similar Funds set up by resource-rich countries struggling to achieve their ambitions.

copperbeltkatangamining

Race is on for global lithium mining domination

While other battery metals including cobalt and nickel are down significantly from highs hit earlier this year, lithium continues to sell at record prices with carbonate prices doubling this year alone.
blank.gif

Companies and country’s are scrambling to cash in: Australia overtook Chile as the dominant supplier of lithium five years ago, but both countries continue to attract investment.

Chile’s state-owned copper giant Codelco has joined the fray while a recent conference in Australia bragged of an “insatiable appetite” for the white metal.

State-owned copper producer in Mexico, which in April nationalized the industry, last month estimated the vast deposit located in northern Sonora state could be worth as much as 12 trillion pesos, or $600 billion.

In May, Argentina’s government said it expected investments in the sector worth $4.2 billion over the next five years, which could be an underestimate.

Congo-Kinshasa, already the dominant player in cobalt, is now jumping into the lithium market with both feet, while Chinese investors are also investing heavily in Zimbabwean projects.

Mining projects in the US and Europe are still fighting for a social licence to operate.

The massive and unique Jadar project in Serbia is stalled due to concerted environmental opposition, while the Thacker Pass project in Nevada is dealing with pushback by a local native American tribe and ranchers.

The animated graph below shows the world’s top lithium producing countries since 2012 and forecasts the winners in the race over the next decade, based on forecasts by Fitch Solutions, a country risk and industry research company.

Race is on for global lithium mining domination.png

www.mining.com/animation-race-is-on-for-global-lithium-mining-domination/

The-future-is-Electric.png

Food for thought on the Long and Winding Road to Mining Manono :unsure:

Your Welcome :)

Cheers 🍻

Frank :cool:

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

Lichione

Regular
1664875284095.png

Reactions: 3 users

Lichione

Regular
Searched 13359 and found out tailings gone. However if I searched minocom etc looks still there. Interesting

Reactions: 6 users

obe wan

Regular
Anyone else knows if Nigel is back in DRC?Wouldn’t it be nice if the signing ceremony is this Sunday? Wishful thinking 😇
NF is back in DRC, flew in late last week I believe

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 27 users

Flexi

Regular
He got there a week early so as to "spoof up" Loose a few Kg, hair cut and a new suit for the big announcement that will be televised........
and then I woke up .....

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users
Or that Dathomir appeal decision delayed for two days more than a month ago that never eventuated...
If <your nefarious actors of choice> had a goal to create mass confusion and cause delay after delay, then you’d have to conclude that the plan is working beautifully.

Can you take a baseball bat as carry-on luggage these days? Asking for a friend…

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

TDITD

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Soapy

Regular
And apparently “a lot will happen in the next 24 to 72 hours” posted on the other site. Are we joining the dots?

• Fire
  • Thinking

cruiser51

Top 20
Can you take a baseball bat as carry-on luggage these days? Asking for a friend…
A wooden basebal, or cricket bat won't be picked up by a metal detector. :oops:

Just tell them that you want to teach the locals cricket. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Remark

Top 20
Apparently Nigel was back in Oz to arrange a shipment for the shareholders attending the AGM, I don't want to spoil the surprise so I'll just leave this here......

Pineapple pallet.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29 users
Top Bottom