AVZ Discussion 2022

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
Frank, don't forget cars and trucks aren't the only electric vehicles that will be driving demand for lithium and other battery minerals ....

All-electric plane completes “historic” maiden flight, carriers start signing up​

electric plane alice eviation IMAGE: EVIATION

More than a century after the world’s first internal combustion flight, US aviation manufacturer Eviation says its zero-emissions Alice aircraft has successfully completed an 8-minute trip, reaching an altitude of 3,500 feet.
Eviation says Alice completed the trailblazing flight from Grant County International Airport, providing the company with invaluable data to further optimize the aircraft for commercial production.
“Today we embark on the next era of aviation – we have successfully electrified the skies with the unforgettable first flight of Alice,” said Eviation CEO Gregory Davis.
“People now know what affordable, clean and sustainable aviation looks and sounds like for the first time in a fixed-wing, all-electric aircraft.”
electric plane alice eviation

To put that in perspective, in 1903 Orville and Wilbur Wright made history in their Kitty Hawk Flyer with the first fossil fuel-powered flight lasting just 12 seconds and traveling only 180 feet – still, proving human flight was possible.

Alice produces no carbon emissions, significantly reduces noise, and costs a fraction to operate per flight-hour compared to light jets or high-end turboprops, according to Davis.
The Alice aircraft, with a top speed of 260 knots is targeted at commuter and cargo markets, and will typically operate flights ranging from 150 miles to 250 miles.
The aircraft is powered by two magni650 electric propulsion units from magniX, the only flight-proven electric propulsion systems at this scale, according to Eviation.
electric plane alice eviation

Eviation signs up its first customers​

Cape Air and Global Crossing Airlines, both US-based regional airlines, have placed orders for 75 and 50 Alice aircraft respectively, according to Eviation.
Courier giant DHL Express is Eviation’s first cargo customer.
“The first flight of Alice confirms our belief that the era of sustainable aviation is here,” said Geoff Kehr, senior vice president, global air fleet management for DHL Express.
“With our order of 12 Alice e-cargo planes, we are investing towards our overall goal of zero-emissions logistics.”

Cape air, which operates around 400 regional flights per day across the United States and Caribbean, believes Alice can easily cover 80 percent of its flight operations.
Cape Air founder Dan Wolf called Alice’s first flight a “transformational milestone for the aviation industry.”

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
*Bogati :unsure: Looks like a Gas guzzling Blue Bugatti to me Bro :p

I'd prefer to be picked up / own something Electric tbo (y)

Something like this perhaps, check it out :cool:

*Speaking of Citroen, I see where

Stellantis weighs new chip, materials strategy, Citroen CEO says

Stellantis NV is considering unprecedented actions to shore up its access to raw materials and vital car parts as soaring energy prices and ongoing supply-chain disruptions threaten the auto industry’s transition to electric vehicles, according to the head of the carmaker’s Citroen brand.
blank.gif

The maker of Jeep and Fiat cars is seeking direct talks with chipmakers, an unusual step in the multi-layered supply chain in carmaking, according to Citroen chief Vincent Cobee.

The manufacturer may also go as far as buying battery material providers to ensure reliable supply, he said.

That’s what “we have to do to progressively get out of the storm,” he said in an interview in Paris, where Citroen presented its new Oli concept car this week.

“It’s a very nasty discussion but it’s shaking the business model of the auto industry.”

Carmakers are struggling to secure essential parts and materials ranging from lithium for EV batteries to semiconductors for increasingly computerized automobiles.

Stellantis is “looking at all options,” Cobee said, adding that the traditional model of using a chain of vendors to procure parts “is starting to crack.”

The supply-chain model for the past “30, 40 years is being put into question by the volatility, the brutality of the crises of the past three years,” Cobee said.

Stellantis is in direct talks with chipmakers about supplies, he added, and is pursuing a range of actions to secure EV battery materials.

“We can secure lithium via a purchase contract, we can be a co-investor into a new mine development, we could buy material providers,” Cobee said.

Meanwhile, Citroen’s concept Oli car is built to showcase a vehicle with fewer energy-consuming features, bucking the trend of making bigger, heavier autos, said Laurence Halsen, product and strategy director at Citroen.

The car, much lighter than comparable vehicles, can be upgraded over time with recycled materials, including cardboard.

“This summer changed everything,” Cobee said in a speech before Oli was unveiled.

“We see heatwaves. We see raw materials going up, we see inflation coming, we see energy concerns.

The world is not infinite in its resources. We need to address that.”

mining.com

View attachment 17764

WTF Frank! You’re definitely going to have to come up this way on that holiday you’ve been planning for the last few years if you’re thinking of buying a boxy looking bomb like that one.

It’ll be straight out to the cow paddocks at Martinsville with you and a good strong coffee mix of gold tops and blue moonies!

Then maybe we’ll go and see if we can find one of these electric monsters for you

9CF78D4A-6B1C-454E-AC73-6209DE5567A0.jpeg

We might just have to put it on lay-by until we’re trading again though!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Samus

Top 20
I'm getting polestar 6 by the time avz kicks off.
2026 polestar 6 😫
eydup9uv8p1m5o6ebvrj.jpeg

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Helios

Regular
View attachment 17757

View attachment 17758

View attachment 17759

@Helios

My assessment is as follows

Costs associated with Tenements that are expected to be exploited are carried forward as an asset in the Balance Sheet until such time as the tenements are producing revenue (at which point I suspect the costs would then be progressively written off against that revenue by some appropriate methodology and in an appropriate timeframe)

AVZ have made an assessment on the costs it is carrying forward for tenements PR4029 and PR4030 and believes it can no longer carry those costs forward and have expensed a portion in the current financial year of $643,339 (costs written off/expensed through the the Profit and Loss)
Effectively they have assessed they are not going to be able to recoup that portion of costs in future years through revenue producing activities and therefore must be written off in the current financial year

That's the technical side of it

The question that is not answered (and what you probably want to know) is "WHY" on assessment this year has this portion of the costs associated with the tenements of $643,339 been written off?

There may be a number of reasons (part of the tenements have been re-assessed and are unlikely to be productive in the future, the company is abandoning plans to develop part of the area etc etc etc )

Going by other comments it may appear plausible that the size of the tenements 4029 and 4030 have potentially been changed

If in fact the case is that the tenements are now smaller in size then AVZ would have to proportionately write off some of the carried forward costs in the year that it happens (eg if the tenements were reduced in size by say 25% then one might logically expect 25% of the carried forward costs would need to be written off)

That example is probably a bit simplistic but you get the idea

So in summary going by what others have provided and what I've gleaned from the report I too suspect there has been a change in the boundaries for 4029 and 4030 and this has triggered the associated write off of a portion of the carried forward costs related to those tenements in the current financial year

Would definitely like to know the explicit reason(s) for the write-down of the asset and the methodology used to calculated the final $ value of the amount expensed through the P&L

Hope that helps a bit

Cheers
Nut :cool:
Great reply; thanks for taking the time to write out. I didn't find really anything else to pick apart within the report. A considerable amount for legal fees compared to last year, and directors still holding a heck of alot of shares. I guess I'll be seeing a few of you at the Agm then.

I am holding far too many shares to sit idle by and not have my say if things are not cleared up by November.

Reactions: 13 users

TDITD

Top 20
Mate I do hope you're right about this Obe. I'm feeling a little sick right about now.
The last extension gives me an idea you're right about this. The unusual specific length, not 2 weeks, not a month. The mention of a return to trading in the anouncement, the rumors about it happening very very soon..... But I think everyone is far too fatigued to get excited about the prospect of advancement right now.

I don't feel concern for AVZ not making it, everything points to a successful and highly lucrative investment in AVZ.... eventually.
But fark me, I really need this to be trading again because I'm not sure how much i can get for my ass on the street corner at my age.

GIF by South Park

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Charbella

Regular
Is this a real account for Jean Felix Mupande?

Real Mess! 😡

Attachments

• 1A614111-7548-493A-8AB5-D36A1CC80C72.png
    1A614111-7548-493A-8AB5-D36A1CC80C72.png
    759.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 7BE7060F-3CC6-4F44-BC64-D31D5B01057B.png
    7BE7060F-3CC6-4F44-BC64-D31D5B01057B.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 162
  • Wow
  • Sad
  • Thinking

Samus

Top 20
All in my opinion only -

The Cath extension announcement creates alot more questions than the simple delay of it all.
In my opinion maybe Cath are not to concerned about the percentage (24%) of the mine, but are more interested in the guarantee of supply of the product. So maybe they are willing to renegotiate?

With other parties reportedly now showing strong interest such as the Americans amongst others, maybe management is renegotiating the % owned in the Cath deal in return for guaranteed products. And then the leftover %, onsold to a new partner for a much better deal for our company!

I also don't think this extension should
have to much of a bearing on when the ML is issued, as long as the $$ are in order!

Things definitely feel as though they are getting bigger & bigger, but YES everyone, we need this fu.king licence!!

Just saying.

Have a good weekend all,
Cheers,
Nells
"In my opinion maybe Cath are not to concerned about the percentage (24%) of the mine, but are more interested in the guarantee of supply of the product. So maybe they are willing to renegotiate?"

Interesting you should say that. :unsure: Grapevine saying similar. Just as they said more focus on Manono after the UN general assembly.

Anyway, as much as I love the intrigue. Bring on the f'ing ML ffs. 😤

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

ptlas

Regular
It was nominations for a director. If we all get behind one candidate there is a slim chance of getting someone from this forum on the board. Worth a shot imo.

I vote Wino or Wombat.
Not Wino.
The booze bill will be astronomical.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

JAG

Top 20

Real Mess! 😡
Yes. Send him an email to confirm and also ask how many paper bags it will cost us to sign the ML:cautious:

1664604236899.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users

Samus

Top 20

Real Mess! 😡
Wow that is fucked, don't like the sound of any of that.
His previous tweet was cryptic but this is starting to sound more ominous. :mad:

Not sure if it's the real account but Joe who originally patched it in to a tweet seemed to think it was. However it's curious the account has so few followers as someone previously mentioned.

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular

Real Mess! 😡

Is his reply in straight perfect english? Seems dodgy as you would expect him to reply in French, even google translate normally fudges it a bit.

Not saying he doesn't speak english, I'm just not up to speed on his level of education and foreign language skills.

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users
Wow that is fucked, don't like the sound of any of that.
His previous tweet was cryptic but this is starting to sound more ominous. :mad:

Not sure if it's the real account but Joe who originally patched it in to a tweet seemed to think it was. However it's curious the account has so few followers as someone previously mentioned.
@JAG he also has an email address j***@spintelligent.com but you guys will have to track it down, I’m going off to try and find Frank and hope he hasn’t bought that boxy looking EV he was talking about

• Haha
  • Fire

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
@JAG he also has an email address j***@spintelligent.com but you guys will have to track it down, I’m going off to try and find Frank and hope he hasn’t bought that boxy looking EV he was talking about

They come in kit form if you'd like your own

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha

LOCKY82

Regular
CATH will be hedging their bets.
You can bet your life they have been in contact with those Chinese crims since before we knew anything about the 'purchase'.
Of course they will! They don't give a shit about AVZ! But they keep extending don't they and I'd be a hell of a lot more worried if the announcement was CATH deal has been terminated. End of the day only thing that matters is we are majority owners, the rest will take care of itself.

Last edited:
  • Fire

JAG

Top 20
Well twitter is going ballistic with Jean 😂

Apparently we are all wrong and he can carve up anything he wants….anyway, I’m about to get fuckin shitfaced.
Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

• Haha
  • Love

LOCKY82

Regular

Real Mess! 😡
I highly highly doubt that a man that can barely be found online has suddenly reared his head to speak with fucking randoms on Twitter! Absolute horse shit! 160 followers! Come on people!

• Thinking
  • Fire

JAG

Top 20
No DOXING please Linda 😁

• Haha

LOCKY82

Regular
Screenshot_20221001-201957_Twitter.jpg

And here's who the DG for CAMI follows on Twitter, give me a break. This clowns not even worth a pineapple!!

Reactions: 5 users

Azzler

Top 20
  • Haha

LOCKY82

Regular
Not legit acount you're saying?
Lol I was just firing up at him on the twit.
Purely my own opinion but the man has about 5 tweets ever and has suddenly decided to engage with total strangers on Twitter (of which he has 177 followers) as the director general of CAMI. I just don't buy it, why would he care what some random people with little to no direct influence on any outcome think??

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom