AVZ Discussion 2022

Winenut

Go AVZ!
And there’s me thinking your a Perth boy ????
View attachment 17745

Clearly I am ....
1664586754051.gif

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users

Samus

Top 20
Christ I've had enough political intrigue out of the DRC to last two lifetimes.
Can anyone be bothered watching the brief on the council minutes and tell us if anything of merit occurred?

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Thanks Xerof and Obe wan, still not 100% clear, but nothing is atm.
1664587055207.png

1664587120570.png

1664587219311.png

@Helios

My assessment is as follows

Costs associated with Tenements that are expected to be exploited are carried forward as an asset in the Balance Sheet until such time as the tenements are producing revenue (at which point I suspect the costs would then be progressively written off against that revenue by some appropriate methodology and in an appropriate timeframe)

AVZ have made an assessment on the costs it is carrying forward for tenements PR4029 and PR4030 and believes it can no longer carry those costs forward and have expensed a portion in the current financial year of $643,339 (costs written off/expensed through the the Profit and Loss)
Effectively they have assessed they are not going to be able to recoup that portion of costs in future years through revenue producing activities and therefore must be written off in the current financial year

That's the technical side of it

The question that is not answered (and what you probably want to know) is "WHY" on assessment this year has this portion of the costs associated with the tenements of $643,339 been written off?

There may be a number of reasons (part of the tenements have been re-assessed and are unlikely to be productive in the future, the company is abandoning plans to develop part of the area etc etc etc )

Going by other comments it may appear plausible that the size of the tenements 4029 and 4030 have potentially been changed

If in fact the case is that the tenements are now smaller in size then AVZ would have to proportionately write off some of the carried forward costs in the year that it happens (eg if the tenements were reduced in size by say 25% then one might logically expect 25% of the carried forward costs would need to be written off)

That example is probably a bit simplistic but you get the idea

So in summary going by what others have provided and what I've gleaned from the report I too suspect there has been a change in the boundaries for 4029 and 4030 and this has triggered the associated write off of a portion of the carried forward costs related to those tenements in the current financial year

Would definitely like to know the explicit reason(s) for the write-down of the asset and the methodology used to calculated the final $ value of the amount expensed through the P&L

Hope that helps a bit

Cheers
Nut :cool:

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users

JAG

Top 20
View attachment 17757

View attachment 17758

View attachment 17759

@Helios

My assessment is as follows

Costs associated with Tenements that are expected to be exploited are carried forward as an asset in the Balance Sheet until such time as the tenements are producing revenue (at which point I suspect the costs would then be progressively written off against that revenue by some appropriate methodology and in an appropriate timeframe)

AVZ have made an assessment on the costs it is carrying forward for tenements PR4029 and PR4030 and believes it can no longer carry those costs forward and have expensed a portion in the current financial year of $643,339 (costs written off/expensed through the the Profit and Loss)
Effectively they have assessed they are not going to be able to recoup that portion of costs in future years through revenue producing activities and therefore must be written off in the current financial year

That's the technical side of it

The question that is not answered (and what you probably want to know) is "WHY" on assessment this year has this portion of the costs associated with the tenements of $643,339 been written off?

There may be a number of reasons (part of the tenements have been re-assessed and are unlikely to be productive in the future, the company is abandoning plans to develop part of the area etc etc etc )

Going by other comments it may appear plausible that the size of the tenements 4029 and 4030 have potentially been changed

If in fact the case is that the tenements are now smaller in size then AVZ would have to proportionately write off some of the carried forward costs in the year that it happens (eg if the tenements were reduced in size by say 25% then one might logically expect 25% of the carried forward costs would need to be written off)

That example is probably a bit simplistic but you get the idea

So in summary going by what others have provided and what I've gleaned from the report I too suspect there has been a change in the boundaries for 4029 and 4030 and this has triggered the associated write off of a portion of the carried forward costs related to those tenements in the current financial year

Would definitely like to know the explicit reason(s) for the write-down of the asset and the methodology used to calculated the final $ value of the amount expensed through the P&L

Hope that helps a bit

Cheers
Nut :cool:
You need to get back on the turps mate, that post was way too sensible :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
You need to get back on the turps mate, that post was way too sensible :ROFLMAO:
I too was about to say that 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Nellie17

Regular
G'day Cruiser,

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the renegotiation of the Cath deal - just saying!

Cheers
Nells.
All in my opinion only -

The Cath extension announcement creates alot more questions than the simple delay of it all.
In my opinion maybe Cath are not to concerned about the percentage (24%) of the mine, but are more interested in the guarantee of supply of the product. So maybe they are willing to renegotiate?

With other parties reportedly now showing strong interest such as the Americans amongst others, maybe management is renegotiating the % owned in the Cath deal in return for guaranteed products. And then the leftover %, onsold to a new partner for a much better deal for our company!

I also don't think this extension should
have to much of a bearing on when the ML is issued, as long as the $$ are in order!

Things definitely feel as though they are getting bigger & bigger, but YES everyone, we need this fu.king licence!!

Just saying.

Have a good weekend all,
Cheers,
Nells

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Samus

Top 20
I was going to say Wino for ceo! and get this project moving.
I think there was reference to the paperwork in the agm announcement. :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Christ I've had enough political intrigue out of the DRC to last two lifetimes.
Can anyone be bothered watching the brief on the council minutes and tell us if anything of merit occurred?

At 19.32 they talk about the Battery Council (CCB), I understand all is still in draft. (I prefer draft over canned :oops::rolleyes:)

Further they are going to build footbridges at the airport for people with reduced mobility.

To be continued.

Samus

Top 20
At 19.32 they talk about the Battery Council (CCB), I understand all is still in draft. (I prefer draft over canned :oops::rolleyes:)

Further they are going to build footbridges at the airport for people with reduced mobility.

To be continued.
Cheers cruiser I must have wasted a day of my life watching this religiously every Saturday for the past 12 + months.
Good to have the weekend off 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I know, I know....

I read my own post and it bored the shit out of me :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
While on the subject, a quick shout out to the man with the shrunken head and

Vidiye Tshimanga
Jean-Felix Mupande
Samreen Kumandan, Raidel Perez
Cyndor Tumbular, Aisha Smith
Laura-Jane Cornish, Sabrina Tab
Jean-Tite Oloumoussie, Nicola Siyo
Kudakwashe Tsingano, Patricia Kazaka
Annemarie Roodbol

shareholders who don’t like being fucked up the arse by them

I googled Sabrina Tab and I think if she asked me nicely I might let her

• Haha
  • Love
I was going to say Wino for ceo! and get this project moving.
I think there was reference to the paperwork in the agm announcement. :unsure:
It was nominations for a director. If we all get behind one candidate there is a slim chance of getting someone from this forum on the board. Worth a shot imo.

I vote Wino or Wombat.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

JAG

Top 20
It was nominations for a director. If we all get behind one candidate there is a slim chance of getting someone from this forum on the board. Worth a shot imo.

I vote Wino or Wombat.
Or if you vote me I will stand up for our god given right to have oysters and beer at every AGM :ROFLMAO: and I will have all those in Perth picked up in the KIA Limo

1664590650441.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

John25

Regular
What a fucking circle jerk

It's all just chucked in the fucking bottom drawer and hoping for the best now isn't it

No info or announcements or anything for nearly 6 months (and now probably until 2023) is just giving me the absolute fucking shits

Might claim a tax deduction and get a return flight and 1 nights accom for the AGM

Getting fired up at the AGM, asking Nige a few decent questions about WT absolute F is going on and still giving myself 8+ hours to find Perth's best joints to really do a number on myself on a blatently dodgy personal junket with thinly disguised tax benefits sounds like a rare AVZ win to me
Nut …is this a fuckin circle jerk ???? Just asking for a friend …not much doing down here …fellas seem keen
1664592137376.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Or if you vote me I will stand up for our god given right to have oysters and beer at every AGM :ROFLMAO: and I will have all those in Perth picked up in the KIA Limo

View attachment 17760
I would have voted for you JAG but seeing I like Jack Daniels, live in NSW and want to be picked up in Bogati, I’ll be voting for Winenuts (unless someone in NSW, possibly even a Novocastrian has a Bogati)

10B2601B-35B7-448E-ADF8-14A030172F66.jpeg

• Haha

ptlas

Regular
Happy with that to be honest cath obviously happy sticking by avz, and although it's next year we're sponsors of the forum. It's slow but I think it's definitely happening! 💪
CATH will be hedging their bets.
You can bet your life they have been in contact with those Chinese crims since before we knew anything about the 'purchase'.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users
D

Deleted member 1612

I know, I know....

I read my own post and it bored the shit out of me :ROFLMAO:
This is the funniest post you’ve ever written WN, literally cracked me up on this sunny spring day in Melbourne. Sun makes everything seem a bit better at least!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

grassseeds

Regular
Anyone understand, 8 ii, *50% relinquishment off*.
I am not aware of DRC requirements, but for Australian exploration licenses you have a " use it or lose it " philosophy. At the end of your 5 year Exploration period, you can only apply to keep 50% for further exploration. In Australia, the company can select the area they want to keep.
AVZ may be having trouble with the DRC people on AVZ's selection of the 50% that they will get on the area which has been designated for renewing the Exploration license. It would be a shame if they could not control all CDL.
This could be one reason for the delay in awarding the ML.
If not resolved before the AGM it will be one area that I will be following up on.

• Thinking

Frank

Top 20
I would have voted for you JAG but seeing I like Jack Daniels, live in NSW and want to be picked up in Bogati, I’ll be voting for Winenuts (unless someone in NSW, possibly even a Novocastrian has a Bogati)

View attachment 17762

*Bogati :unsure: Looks like a Gas guzzling Blue Bugatti to me Bro :p

I'd prefer to be picked up / own something Electric tbo (y)

Something like this perhaps, check it out :cool:

*Speaking of Citroen, I see where

Stellantis weighs new chip, materials strategy, Citroen CEO says

Stellantis NV is considering unprecedented actions to shore up its access to raw materials and vital car parts as soaring energy prices and ongoing supply-chain disruptions threaten the auto industry’s transition to electric vehicles, according to the head of the carmaker’s Citroen brand.
blank.gif

The maker of Jeep and Fiat cars is seeking direct talks with chipmakers, an unusual step in the multi-layered supply chain in carmaking, according to Citroen chief Vincent Cobee.

The manufacturer may also go as far as buying battery material providers to ensure reliable supply, he said.

That’s what “we have to do to progressively get out of the storm,” he said in an interview in Paris, where Citroen presented its new Oli concept car this week.

“It’s a very nasty discussion but it’s shaking the business model of the auto industry.”

Carmakers are struggling to secure essential parts and materials ranging from lithium for EV batteries to semiconductors for increasingly computerized automobiles.

Stellantis is “looking at all options,” Cobee said, adding that the traditional model of using a chain of vendors to procure parts “is starting to crack.”

The supply-chain model for the past “30, 40 years is being put into question by the volatility, the brutality of the crises of the past three years,” Cobee said.

Stellantis is in direct talks with chipmakers about supplies, he added, and is pursuing a range of actions to secure EV battery materials.

“We can secure lithium via a purchase contract, we can be a co-investor into a new mine development, we could buy material providers,” Cobee said.

Meanwhile, Citroen’s concept Oli car is built to showcase a vehicle with fewer energy-consuming features, bucking the trend of making bigger, heavier autos, said Laurence Halsen, product and strategy director at Citroen.

The car, much lighter than comparable vehicles, can be upgraded over time with recycled materials, including cardboard.

“This summer changed everything,” Cobee said in a speech before Oli was unveiled.

“We see heatwaves. We see raw materials going up, we see inflation coming, we see energy concerns.

The world is not infinite in its resources. We need to address that.”

mining.com

Stellantis the World’s Fourth-Largest Automaker.png

Reactions: 7 users

Azzler

Top 20
Its an interesting comment ; i’ll stick my head out and happily take the largest prickly pineapple on a ‘next week’ punt
Mate I do hope you're right about this Obe. I'm feeling a little sick right about now.
The last extension gives me an idea you're right about this. The unusual specific length, not 2 weeks, not a month. The mention of a return to trading in the anouncement, the rumors about it happening very very soon..... But I think everyone is far too fatigued to get excited about the prospect of advancement right now.

I don't feel concern for AVZ not making it, everything points to a successful and highly lucrative investment in AVZ.... eventually.
But fark me, I really need this to be trading again because I'm not sure how much i can get for my ass on the street corner at my age.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users
Top Bottom