For those who cannot wait........ then search AVZ

Reactions: 4 users

CashKing

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
No mention in the full year report of a director being charged and convicted of an offence involving a jail sentence. Anyone else think that's strange?

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Samus

Top 20
"Furthermore, the DRC Minister for Mines signed off on the all-important Ministerial Decree to award a Mining Licence (PE) for the Manono Project to Dathcom per the Company’s ASX Announcement of 4 May 2022.

However, since the middle of May 2022, the Company’s debt funding and development timetable has, for the most part, been put on hold, while senior executives continue to deal with the spurious claims with respect to its legal ownership interest in the Manono Project1.

During this period, the Company has been actively engaged with the highest levels of the Congolese Government with
respect to the granting of the Mining Licence and regarding its ownership and exploration rights for the Manono Project.

The Company is confident of a positive outcome in relation to the award of the Mining Licence and positive FID to develop what is believed to be the largest global undeveloped hard rock lithium deposit."

:unsure: Pretty much spells out that the ownership issues are the main cause for delays?

Reactions: 17 users

Samus

Top 20
"Furthermore, the DRC Minister for Mines signed off on the all-important Ministerial Decree to award a Mining Licence (PE) for the Manono Project to Dathcom per the Company’s ASX Announcement of 4 May 2022.

However, since the middle of May 2022, the Company’s debt funding and development timetable has, for the most part, been put on hold, while senior executives continue to deal with the spurious claims with respect to its legal ownership interest in the Manono Project1.

During this period, the Company has been actively engaged with the highest levels of the Congolese Government with
respect to the granting of the Mining Licence and regarding its ownership and exploration rights for the Manono Project.

The Company is confident of a positive outcome in relation to the award of the Mining Licence and positive FID to develop what is believed to be the largest global undeveloped hard rock lithium deposit."

:unsure: Pretty much spells out that the ownership issues are the main cause for delays?
What I mean to say is that this is the strongest indication yet that the ownership debacle is affecting CAMI's willingness to sign off and calculate the mining and exploration rights.

Reactions: 13 users

wombat74

Top 20
Chinese influence. Chinese have paid these mother f--kers off .

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

obe wan

Regular
Chinese influence. Chinese have paid these mother f--kers off .

Its an interesting comment ; i’ll stick my head out and happily take the largest prickly pineapple on a ‘next week’ punt

70B92EF4-D9A3-4BF6-9A88-B62FA27F6F59.jpeg

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Hudnut

Regular
So we all go to the AGM, chip in for a big paper bag full of the folding and Nigel gets this shit show on the road with it
I'll chip in. All I have to do it sell some of my AVZ shar......Oh, wait.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Bray

Regular
Hoping someone at the AGM stands up and just says what in the flying FUCK is going on…

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

JAG

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Frank

Top 20

*In other News, I see where,

Amid EV boom the chance of the battery metals market ever rebalancing is on a knife edge

Consider this.

Prime Planet Energy and Solutions, a 51-49 JV between Japanese industrial giants Toyota and Panasonic, is looking hard for commodities to supply its batteries.

By 2030, it alone requires 180,000t of lithium, 150,000t of nickel and 30,000t of cobalt.

That last number is almost a sixth of the current global cobalt market.

“This volume is not so easy to secure,” PPES’ Tsutomu Aoki said at the Benchmark Mineral Intelligence Battery Gigafactories Asia Pacific conference in Perth yesterday.

That seems like an understatement. Just one company. That is freaking wild.

Aoki said PPES wants to build partnerships with miners like it has with one of its suppliers, ASX listed brine and hard rock producer Allkem to develop new resources at commercial costs and quantities.

But miners and explorers say the problem of tight battery metals supply can’t be solved just by throwing money at it.

13 JORC Resources​

Australia, and WA specifically, produces 50% of the world’s lithium, meaning efforts to find more inside our borders are getting heated.

There are as many as 300 lithium projects that have been identified by BMI in Oz, but that includes speculative projects with little more than a single drill hole in them.

Jerko Zuvela, the boss of new Argentine brine producer Argosy Minerals said there were just 13 declared JORC resources among those Australian projects.

“People might say it’s easy but it’s not that easy, it still takes time, takes effort, you got to find it, you’ve got to prove it up,” he said.

“It puts it into context, in terms of if you want to bring projects online, there’s not a pipeline of 300 projects, it’s a dozen.”

Global Lithium managing director Ron Mitchell, a veteran of the lithium game who spent a decade at Greenbushes owner Tianqi and Talison Lithium, said it would become much harder to find those resources in the future.

“What I will say around exploration more broadly here as it relates to pegmatites, most of the outcrop and pegs have been discovered,” he said.

“So the exploration going forward to find the next big lithium asset is going to be far more complex, because most of the resource will be under cover, so you can’t rely on drone.

“Or even Google, you’d be surprised how many pegmatites were discovered using Google Maps.

“So all the good ones have already been pegged or have been brought into a resource. It’s going to get progressively harder.”

Quality people​

Other explorers say finding quality people with knowledge of the lithium industry will also be a potential handbrake on the development of new operations.

It will be felt both at the mine level and in processing, especially in Australia and other new jurisdictions given the concentration of downstream expertise in China and east Asia.

Galan Lithium boss JP Vargas De La Vega, whose company owns the Hombre Muerto West brine project in Argentina and Greenbushes South spodumene project in WA, said talent would be a major concern for new operators, while just having resources would not be enough.

“We’ve been doing this for five years, we’ve tried to go relatively nimble compared to other projects, and could be on line in 2.5 years and (look to) produce as much as possible,” he said.

“I think the bottleneck, it’s people, the other thing is trying to find a resource that could be extractable.

In Argentina itself, not all salt flats are conducive necessarily to get what you want to get.

“Even if you use direct lithium extraction technology, things that need to be taken into account — is there power?

Is there water available?

“Even if you’re trying to do direct lithium extraction and other companies are trying to explore that, you need to reinject and reinjection is massive.”

New jurisdictions

While Australia and South America will continue to be the main sources of lithium supply, companies will be looking further afield to Canada and Africa as future powers.

But other jurisdictions will need to come to the fore as well, with Rio Tinto’s minerals chief Sinead Kaufman on Wednesday noting that current lithium demand projections outstrip every planned addition to global supply by 50% by 2030.

Consistently over forecasted​

Christian Barbier, the chief sales and marketing officer at Allkem, which is planning to triple production to 120,000t of LCE by 2026 to maintain a global market share of 10%, says demand is routinely under forecasted.

“The problem with supply is that it’s been the opposite. And it has been consistently over forecasted,” he said.

“There have been significant delays that most analysts have not included in their forecasts and it’s also interesting to note that the overall delay is longer for the most recent projects.” :rolleyes:

Barbier says chronic underinvestment in resources due to the mining cycle, a shortage of brine and chemical expertise in the labour force and escalating inflation and supply chain challenges post-Covid are all contributing to the under supply situation.

While BMI analysts expect a demand supply balance to be reached by the middle of the decade (with chronic undersupply growing from there), senior analyst Cameron Perks said that scenario was itself on a knife edge.

“In the short term, we don’t see much of a possibility of a balanced market out until at least the mid 2020, so out to 2026,” he said.

“And even still in that scenario, it’s going to be fairly tight. This is contingent on a lot of things going well.

“I believe it’s a conservative demand scenario compared to our peers, but we’ve come up with this base case scenario because we’re realistic.

“And then we also came up with a few more scenarios in terms of an upside demand scenario, in which case, you will never arrive at a balanced market ever.”

Even the upside demand scenario is not as extreme as what it would be if every pledge from OEMs to phase out ICE vehicles with EVs were taken on face value.

Of course, lithium is just one part of the lithium ion battery, with multiple difference cathode chemistries creating boom demand scenarios for a host of future-facing metals.

While lithium’s astonishing price rise in 2022 has captured the imagination of investors and made lithium companies the darlings of the ASX, nickel, manganese and cobalt are all expected to see a surge in interest from car and battery markets.

Michael Willoughby, global head of metals, mining and transition materials at bank HSBC, said the disconnect between battery metals supply and carbon reduction targets would lead to higher prices.

“I think the good thing for all of us is demand is clearly going to outstrip supply in the next three to five years, which I think is completely understated,” he said.

“We spend so much time on carbon abatement, carbon abatement and that is a noble goal and you’ve got to have an alternative.

“You’ve got to have an economic supply of metal enough to give you an alternative to get away from that carbon and you know, particularly with lithium, you can just see that as there’s just not going to happen in the next three to five years.

Without ASX retail investors, who backed companies like Galaxy Resources and Orocobre (now merged as Allkem), Pilbara Minerals and Liontown Resources in their early days, lithium prices could be double their already record highs today.

Willoughby said OEMs now need to invest in raw material supply to support their role in the energy transition, but had only realised it too late.

“You’ve got the five major battery makers, the automakers, you’ve got 10 major groups, and they’re all looking at this going, hang on, we’re in a position now we’ve never been in before (where) we’re beholden to those five battery makers,” he said.

“So they need to jump over those and get into upstream and they’re all only now realising it, but they don’t have any experience in doing it.

AVZ Monster.jpg

AVZ # ! #.jpg

#ItsOn.jpg

The-future-is-Electric.png

The Future is a "Win-Win" for the DRC & AVZ if Felix & Co ever get their Shit together :rolleyes:

If Not, then Felix can kiss his re-election dreams goodbye imo :eek:

As well as shareholders and other Countries around the World :oops:

Food for thought :unsure:

Frank :cool:

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 23 users

obe wan

Regular
Respect ya mate however..............
Anticipation Popcorn GIF
Ye buuuuuut ; Franck says 150 days and DRC business climate distabilized …. AVZ come out and say …. Here’s another 90 Business climate and this is what we think potential investors.. now who’s even more tempted to invest .

The risk conference did happen ….. could we just had a stroke of genius ?

• Haha
  • Thinking

Der Geist

Regular
I think Geist is deflecting to avoid a lawsuit from AVZ
Just saw this,
what would the fantasy lawsuit be?

I’m really intrigued.

Reactions: 2 users
If some of these caarrrnts that had their hand out for snacks saw the writing on the wall, they would have bought a few shares a little while ago, and then hurried the process through, and then they still would have made out like bandits, and their countrymen would have been better off earlier to boot. FMD short sighted asses.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Der Geist

Regular
Why d
If some of these caarrrnts that had their hand out for snacks saw the writing on the wall, they would have bought a few shares a little while ago, and then hurried the process through, and then they still would have made out like bandits, and their countrymen would have been better off earlier to boot. FMD short sighted asses.
Why don’t you send Cong an SMS?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
  • Haha

John25

Regular
009F7F8F-5399-49A7-BE5D-DE75A62FA45F.jpeg
The company is confident for a positive outcome for its shareholders”

Remark

Top 20
  • Haha

Frank

Top 20
BlueSky was a genuine holder (if it’s the same BlueSky that used to post before I was permanently suspended too) and her comments aren’t far off the mark

As for the DRC MINING WEEK. They have so far advertised at least two events next year

1) The DRC Mining Expo and Conference in Lubumbashi on 14-16 June 2023. A big event with lots of participants including MoM, Governor of Haut Katanga and other politicians, last year had Glencore as a diamond sponsor

2) The DRC Africa Battery Metals Forum in Kinshasa on 12-13 September 2023. I think this is the one AVZ is said to be a Cobalt Plus Sponsor.

The Director General of CAMI is the General Director of the VUKA Group who as I have said before, is organising both events…. and perhaps it’s just my view, but they are as sus as you can get and the head of CAMI (Jean-Felix Mupande) needs as much media focused on him as possible

*Speaking of Cobalt and the DRC-CCC :rolleyes:

Democratic Republic of the Congo - China / Corruption & Cobalt :(

I see where the DRC and Cobalt is still in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons or doing us any favours, as

Cobalt, the reverse of the electric dream "or the hidden side of its exploitation

1664543629087.png

This documentary is the fruit of three years of investigations by directors-journalists Arnaud Zajtman and Quentin Noirfalisse on the impact of the Cobalt sector in the DRC and the consequences of European policy in terms of evolution of the automotive sector.

Replacing all combustion vehicles with electric vehicles in the Union in 2035 is the European policy that the directors of the film wanted to question.

With this growing need, comes the large -scale production of batteries and therefore the need to produce ever more cobalt, an essential element of their composition which guarantees their stability.

A ore that is mainly found in the basements of the Democratic Republic of Congo which currently produces 60% to 70% of world production.

The film then stops in Kolwezi where the main mines of the country are located, whether they are the property of major industrialists, such as Glencore or Eurasian Resource Group, or thousands of craft miners.

And in the "world capital of cobalt", it is the reality of its extraction that the documentary shows.

It is about child work, but explains one of the directors, "it is only the tree that hides the forest".

The sector is plagued by corruption, human rights abuses and digging are at the mercy of the monopoly of Chinese buyers

"Environmental scandal"

There is also a whole problem around the environment and the toxicity of this exploitation with very exposed Congolese populations.

A team from the University of Lubumbashi has set up a program to study the impact of this activity on air and bodies.

What makes Professor Célestin Banza fear that Congo, formerly "geological scandal" for all the riches it has, becomes an "environmental and toxicological scandal".

Faced with these realities, automotive manufacturers are now trying to find new sectors.

In Europe, looks are turned to Finland in particular.

The film shows the concerns of its inhabitants in the face of what they consider a new ecological threat.

"Cobalt, the reverse of the electric dream", broadcast this Wednesday, September 28 at 6:25 pm Tu on the UN (RTBF/Belgium) and 8:00 pm Tu on RTS (Switzerland).

A film also available on the RTBF AUVIO streaming platform.

*All this :poop: reminds me of a Book i read :rolleyes:

Shithappens.jpg

things-that-make-you-go-hmm.jpg

Food for thought on the Days of our DRC Lives Bro :unsure:

How much can a Koala Bare ;)

Frank :cool:

• Thinking
Top Bottom