AVZ Discussion 2022

TDITD

Top 20
That’s not quite right Wombat. Let me join some more dots for you.

Firstly some of the people and journalists I communicate with do not have a profile on Twitter (some do of course) some do not tweet anything or haven’t done so for years. Yet they write articles for various news agencies and have done so regarding AVZ and the associated entities in all of this, that we all know to well.

After some effort direct contact details can be found on these people and most of the time, there you go, you are having a conversation, unless language / translation issues make things to difficult.

Secondly, if there was some anticipation of a formal event occurring like the issuance of an ML or some other important matter, don’t you think someone would let members of the press know so they could be there to cover the story, take a few happy snaps of hands being shaken, folders being presented and some back slapping? Maybe even a few comments from various persons in attendance. Of course you can’t expect members of the press magically turn up.

A little bit of work goes into making important announcements, people usually want some credit and sometimes even redemption. Hence there are communications I rely on more so then Twitter, not that these communications have been overly helpful as yet, with regard to the timeline of things….please refer to previous posts. 😁

I hope this additional clarity is helpful. It wouldn’t be very good if we all relied just on Twitter when so much is at stake, yet it is a good avenue to connect with others whether they tweet or not.

BTW, the T-Shirt’s come in different colours just to let you know, maybe you would look better in pink 👍😁🦊

Haha you can’t blame wombat for his impressive world class cynicism.
We have been drowning in extensions upon extensions, extension for you for him for her, extensions for everyone, I’m surprised Oprah hasn’t got involved in handing them out.
With all these extensions it’s pushes out much further my penis extension ……(flash car) :(🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

M.Bison

Regular
What exactly are the mechanisms/circumstances that allow for a company to remain in an extended trading halt? Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of being publicly listed? Aren't these the moments and opportunities that investors live for? Would have been an amazing opportunity for many to average down.
These behind the scenes mysteries and issues in the early days were what gave me the opportunity to average down to 7c. I'd have been pretty pissed if we had just entered a 6 month trading halt instead, giving no chance to take advantage of peoples emotions and panic selling.
I can't recall ever owning a stock where I had the expectation of knowing every single thing that is happening behind the scenes. The risks and the unknowns are what generate the opportunities...
Essentially are we saying to the ASX: 'Hey we don't have our mining license, not that we ever had one for the past 7 years of trading, so we can't open. Also the tenement size has changed so again we can't trade.' To me that simply doesn't make sense.
So what does allow them to remain halted?
For me there is really only one explanation. ASX won't allow investors to trade without full knowledge of what is happening. AVZ cannot provide this information, therefor investors can't trade. It could be something as simple and disappointing as AVZ lawyers telling ASX that they can't discuss ongoing legal issues. So full disclosure cannot be met.
All a bit lame to me. Lithium stocks bottomed out on fear and some absolute world class misinformation. Having 70% of my portfolio stuck in a trading halt means I wave goodbye to any easy profits there. Can't blame anyone but myself for that risk exposure.

Reactions: 12 users

Remark

Top 20
What exactly are the mechanisms/circumstances that allow for a company to remain in an extended trading halt? Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of being publicly listed? Aren't these the moments and opportunities that investors live for? Would have been an amazing opportunity for many to average down.
These behind the scenes mysteries and issues in the early days were what gave me the opportunity to average down to 7c. I'd have been pretty pissed if we had just entered a 6 month trading halt instead, giving no chance to take advantage of peoples emotions and panic selling.
I can't recall ever owning a stock where I had the expectation of knowing every single thing that is happening behind the scenes. The risks and the unknowns are what generate the opportunities...
Essentially are we saying to the ASX: 'Hey we don't have our mining license, not that we ever had one for the past 7 years of trading, so we can't open. Also the tenement size has changed so again we can't trade.' To me that simply doesn't make sense.
For me there is really only one explanation. ASX won't allow investors to trade without full knowledge of what is happening. AVZ cannot provide this information, therefor investors can't trade. It could be something as simple and disappointing as AVZ lawyers telling ASX that they can't discuss ongoing legal issues. So full disclosure cannot be met.
All a bit lame to me. Lithium stocks bottomed out on fear and some absolute world class misinformation. Having 70% of my portfolio stuck trading halt means I wave goodbye to any easy profits there. Can't blame anyone but myself for that risk exposure.

"Can't blame anyone but myself for that risk exposure"

It's refreshing to hear someone say that. Everyone here made the same decision to buy into a company who's sole project lies in a politically unstable / corrupt country. Owning your decisions is not a bad trait to have.

GLTA when trading resumes - it will be anything but boring!

• Love
Reactions: 25 users

Samus

Top 20
"Can't blame anyone but myself for that risk exposure"

It's refreshing to hear someone say that. Everyone here made the same decision to buy into a company who's sole project lies in a politically unstable / corrupt country. Owning your decisions is not a bad trait to have.

GLTA when trading resumes - it will be anything but boring!
200.gif

• Haha

wombat74

Top 20
All a bit lame to me. Lithium stocks bottomed out on fear and some absolute world class misinformation. Having 70% of my portfolio stuck in a trading halt means I wave goodbye to any easy profits there. Can't blame anyone but myself for that risk exposure.
Opening back up without the ML or a deal of some sort will be suicide .

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

M.Bison

Regular
Opening back up without the ML or a deal of some sort will be suicide .
I know. But companies release bad news all the time. It would be a weird world of investing if you can only trade when you are releasing good news.
My point being, is this just lawyers informing the ASX that AVZ needs to keep their mouths shut? Therefore full disclosure can't be met.
I suppose a very high level legal dispute, or a takeover offer could result in the above.

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

antimatter

Regular
With discussion on T/O price, I did some calculation on approx EBITDA p.a. based on different SC6 and PLS pricing (holding cost the same) per the table below. NPAT will be approx US$2,950M and EPS US$0.43 (51% Ownership). PE ratio of x10 = US$4.3 SP; x20 = ~US$8.60 SP. I know it's risky, but rather go for full mining.

1663570338796.png

Reactions: 21 users

jsbuser

AVZ management is perfectly capable of bringing this to production. All this recent takeover talk is just to prime holders for a low-ball offer. If we stay the course and go mining the rewards are much greater.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Samus

Top 20
I know. But companies release bad news all the time. It would be a weird world of investing if you can only trade when you are releasing good news.
My point being, is this just lawyers informing the ASX that AVZ needs to keep their mouths shut? Therefore full disclosure can't be met.
I suppose a very high level legal dispute, or a takeover offer could result in the above.
Be nice if it was the later, all evidence pointing to the former however.
Shafted with a pineapple by the DRC imo.
Hopefully someone has a better explanation but it really seems that simple atm and therefore complicated with no easy fix as evidenced by 5 months suspension and counting.
Corrupted whack-a-mole bastards deep in their cesspits.
I'm not even convinced FT isn't one of them at this point.

“Me,” Tshimanga replied. The investor then asked if the president or a minister would be involved. “Me, it’s the president,” Tshimanga said, adding, “The president doesn’t do any business.”

“Of course, not directly,” the investor responded, to which Tshimanga nodded. :unsure:

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
If a takeover were to happen (would rather it didn't) what does it look like from a shareholders point of view? Do we get a cheque in the mail for number of shares times $ per share or is it a for every 10k shares in AVZ you held you now get .0001 of a share in an offshoot of Zijin less admin snacks type scenario?

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

TheCount

Regular
AVZ management is perfectly capable of bringing this to production. All this recent takeover talk is just to prime holders for a low-ball offer. If we stay the course and go mining the rewards are much greater.
I'll take it one step further and say the takeover talk is bullshit from a section of members who have the need to shoot their mouth off in the vacuum of official announcements. There is a certain demographic that thinks they need to comment on "every" topic, and this is not to say they don't have the right to do so, I'm just adding my jerry can of fuel on the fire to say that I think they're full of shit and have no idea what they are talking about.

For 'years' NF has been saying "we're going mining". Search the phrase and you'll see numerous references.

So I'm very happy for the conversation returns to pineapples and strippers until there is REAL news or updates that can be discussed.

TC.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

wombat74

Top 20
Be nice if it was the later, all evidence pointing to the former however.
Shafted with a pineapple by the DRC imo.
Hopefully someone has a better explanation but it really seems that simple atm and therefore complicated with no easy fix as evidenced by 5 months suspension and counting.
Corrupted whack-a-mole bastards deep in their cesspits.
I'm not even convinced FT isn't one of them at this point.

“Me,” Tshimanga replied. The investor then asked if the president or a minister would be involved. “Me, it’s the president,” Tshimanga said, adding, “The president doesn’t do any business.”

“Of course, not directly,” the investor responded, to which Tshimanga nodded. :unsure:
Yes what's interesting is it wasn't just Tshimanga that got busted . Felix got busted as well . Hey but Tshinmanga was applauded for resigning . Let me guess there will be no further investigation . IMO

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Azzler

Top 20
I'll take it one step further and say the takeover talk is bullshit from a section of members who have the need to shoot their mouth off in the vacuum of official announcements. There is a certain demographic that thinks they need to comment on "every" topic, and this is not to say they don't have the right to do so, I'm just adding my jerry can of fuel on the fire to say that I think they're full of shit and have no idea what they are talking about.

For 'years' NF has been saying "we're going mining". Search the phrase and you'll see numerous references.

So I'm very happy for the conversation returns to pineapples and strippers until there is REAL news or updates that can be discussed.

TC.
I'm with you here.
I also think it's fear and anxiety, and let's not kid ourselves, everyone's feeling it to some degree, or at times.
Fear generates the cry out for someone to rescue us and take the anxiety away, please god I'll accept a measly buck fiddy! Come on!

But you know, I don't know jack shit either, no idea if management are up to the challenge or not, no idea if the corruption is too much or not.
Big risk, Big reward.

I don't think we will sell, that's what management and our lawers say, and there's no more information out regarding this, so that's the sensible belief to have. It's speculation either way, but there's info out supporting the scenario we go mining.

I have to admit my suspicions are raised as there seems to be coordinated postings across platforms calling holders naive to think we will mine and naive to think we would get more than $1.50.

I believe the share price will quickly rise to and past $1.50 after ML and BFS are released, so if someone wants to , they can sell their shares then and sail into the sunset.

• Thinking
  • Love

wombat74

Top 20

TC.
"For 'years' NF has been saying "we're going mining."
NF has said a lot of things . Many of which have been ,shall we say ,off the mark. I think what he "hasn't said " is of more interest at this point .Lets talk about everything . Except going balls up . I don't want to talk about that .

1663575450903.png

• Haha
  • Fire

JAG

Top 20
Circles in PINK not to offend anyone/he/her/is/that/what/am/was,,,,,

I think he is on point IMO!
1663576481195.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

antimatter

Regular
3 men get stranded on a desert island. After wandering around a while, they are found by some tribesmen. The natives take them back to their hut. The chief tells them, "Go out into the jungle and collect 10 pieces of fruit." The first guy returns with 10 apples, and the chief says "Now shove them all up your ass without showing any emotion, or we'll kill you." He shoves the the first up, and is in terrible pain, but shows no emotion, but during the process of pushing up the second, he flinches, and therefore gets shot. The second guy comes back with 10 cherries, and gets told to do the same. He's finding it relatively easy, but when he gets to the eighth, starts laughing hysterically, and gets shot. He meets up with the first guy in heaven, and the first guy asks, "Why did you do that, why did you laugh?" and the second guy replies, "Well I nearly finished when I saw the next guy walking up with pineapples!"

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

cruiser51

Top 20

TC.
Just imagine if you have a high ball and a low ball and you lose the loose low ball.

I rather have a smallish pineapple than losing balls ffs.

However, I see it very simplish.
The take over merchants can sell their shares for $1.50, or $2.00, or whatever and go to greener pastures and everybody is happy. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Samus

Top 20
I don't know why anybody is sensitive about what gets discussed, it's all pineapples and strippers until the ML gets dropped and we don't talk about the alternate because nobody likes that.
Bring on the expidited ML 🥳

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Remark

Top 20
I wish they'd hurry up & bury the queen 🥱 I think I've reached royal saturation point!

pineapple 0725-royal-baby-9.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Just imagine if you have a high ball and a low ball and you lose the loose low ball.

I rather have a smallish pineapple than losing balls ffs.

However, I see it very simplish.
The take over merchants can sell their shares for $1.50, or $2.00, or whatever and go to greener pastures and everybody is happy. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Thing is..... I don't think if it happens it would work that way

Might be a vote and guidance from the board and yada yada yada but IF it's a TO I think it will be ....righto all you AVZ fuckers we're giving you a buck fiddy for the lot take it or leave it

Personally I don't want a TO

An enforced effective sell on my part crystallizes all profits and fuggers me royally in one financial year

I got bigger and more flexible returns I'm lookin' for on this one

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Top Bottom