AVZ Discussion 2022

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
63510925.jpg

Well I'm back from having a real job (or should that be real shit job?)... I quit as I don't really enjoy doing 50 - 60+ hours a week and when you put up resistance to being asked to do extremely dodgy shit that goes against all your training and industry guidance to "just get the job done" means that "you just look for excuses to not finish jobs." I will put up with a lot of shit with employers but when you question my work ethic on top of it I draw a line and you can go and get fucked.

Hate to be the one asking what's going on here but all I've picked up on in my brief glances in the last 2 months is that:

Were still in suspension.
DRC is full of corruption.
Were going to arbitration.
Snacks have run out.

So basically nothings changed right?

Have I missed anything or is there anything I should definitely read up on? Please don't say check Twitter as I've stopped using it since all you get day in day out is shitty bot post notifications.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

Samus

Top 20
63510925.jpg

Well I'm back from having a real job (or should that be real shit job?)... I quit as I don't really enjoy doing 50 - 60+ hours a week and when you put up resistance to being asked to do extremely dodgy shit that goes against all your training and industry guidance to "just get the job done" means that "you just look for excuses to not finish jobs." I will put up with a lot of shit with employers but when you question my work ethic on top of it I draw a line and you can go and get fucked.

Hate to be the one asking what's going on here but all I've picked up on in my brief glances in the last 2 months is that:

Snacks have run out.

Have I missed anything or is there anything I should definitely read up on? Please don't say check Twitter as I've stopped using it since all you get day in day out is shitty bot post notifications.
Only a bunch of conjecture, hearsay and various other bullshit.
Welcome back to the royal shitshow and monumental clusterfuck. 🥳

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Hi Cruiser51

Re: Maybe AVZ handballs the construction and operation of the lithium ore processing plant to Dangote.

Could you elaborate on why you think AVZ would hand over construction and operation of its mining plant to a cement kiln manufacturer when (1) mining companies generally tender out this work to qualified and experienced international operators, and (2) there are available many international firms specialiasing in the construction, commissioning and operation of mine plants that would be interested in competitively tendering.

Nonetheless, I take your point about the need for horizontal kilns in converting ore to 6% spod, but their supply and installation are also generally tendered out along with the rest of the plant infrastructure. As for operating the Li ore plant, we will need to wait and see how it the tender is packaged up.

Cheers
F
Hi Flight

The good news: There is no horizontal kiln required to produce 6% Spodumene Concentrate (SC6).
The horizontal kiln, or calciner, is required to produce PLS.
Please see the DFS it explains the process.

Operating a horizontal rotating kiln at ~1050C requires a bit of knowledge (1050C is pretty high).
Don't you think it would be smart to talk with a company which operates a multitude of horizontal kilns at ~900C?

The reason I mentioned Dangote is:

1 Because the name was mentioned in a previous post.

2 There are posters who keep on saying that AVZ doesn't have the team, or experience to advance the Manono Lithium and Tin project to production.
(To be extremely honest, so far I am very happy, that AVZ does not have an office full with project people, waiting, like coiled springs, for the DRC to get its act together. Project people don't come cheap. I know, I was one and we don't work for peanuts, even if we are in the coiled spring mode.)

If one combines these 2 points and look at what Dangote does and where it operates, it would make some sense.

A lot of work can be contracted out, but until the ML drops a skeleton crew is the way to go to contain costs.

No I don't have shares in Dangote.

Dangote:

Pan-African Operations

Our Pan-African operations encompass everything outside of Nigeria.

WEST AFRICA
Our operations in West Africa and Central Africa are located in Senegal, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Cameroon and the Republic of Congo. In the coming years we plan to extend our reach with integrated plants and grinding plants in strategic locations. We could also consider increasing the size of our existing integrated and grinding plants.

EASTERN & SOUTHERN AFRICA
In the east and south of Africa we have existing or planned operations in Ethiopia, South Africa, Zambia, Tanzania, Kenya and Zimbabwe. All these countries have ample native limestone, so all our facilities there will be integrated factories, with the exception of the Delmas cement milling plant in South Africa.

Countries on Africa’s east coast are to some degree exposed to cheap imports from Pakistan and the Far East. As a result, our strategy is in most cases to site our factories well inland, where pricing is higher and where imported cement would face additional shipping costs to reach the market.

1663547700046.png

And one of their plants.

I hope it all explains.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
63510925.jpg

Snacks have run out.

Regarding Twitter use this to filter it 😘

$avz -"a few hours" -"top analyst" -"chat room"-"first heard"

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

TDITD

Top 20
63510925.jpg

Snacks have run out.

Good on you mate, I questioned when it was seriously dangerous on work sites but ultimately just got on with it and ended up getting a serious injury.

Your pretty much right with what you missed, I’d add the males here are all chauvinistic misogynistic pigs because we don’t call out pics of attractive women and we’ve got blow-ins who think the company won’t/can’t mine and the BOD are totally and utterly inept but these same people are invested in a company they have no confidence in ?

Must be nice to have that much $$ that you can burn it

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Doc

Master of Quan
I
63510925.jpg

Snacks have run out.

You also missed that we all buying shares on pineapple supply as they about to be bought out globally…..

• Haha
  • Wow

TDITD

Top 20
Reactions: 5 users

John25

Regular
63510925.jpg

Snacks have run out.

Welcome back Dan to the Royal Shit Show 👍🤪know exactly where your coming from buddy work wise ..did off shore construction 4/1 for 5yrs …had tool boxes every Sunday preaching health & Safety for 2hrs then told Monday-Saturday to look other way …a lose /lose situation

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Hi Flight

The good news: There is no horizontal kiln required to produce 6% Spodumene Concentrate (SC6).
The horizontal kiln, or calciner, is required to produce PLS.
Please see the DFS it explains the process.

Operating a horizontal rotating kiln at ~1050C requires a bit of knowledge (1050C is pretty high).
Don't you think it would be smart to talk with a company which operates a multitude of horizontal kilns at ~900C?

The reason I mentioned Dangote is:

1 Because the name was mentioned in a previous post.

2 There are posters who keep on saying that AVZ doesn't have the team, or experience to advance the Manono Lithium and Tin project to production.
(To be extremely honest, so far I am very happy, that AVZ does not have an office full with project people, waiting, like a coiled spring, for the DRC to get its act together. Project people don't come cheap. I know, I was one and we don't work for peanuts, even if we are in the coiled spring mode.)

If one combines these 2 points and look at what Dangote does and where it operates, it would make some sense.

A lot of work can be contracted out, but until the ML drops a skeleton crew is the way to go to contain costs.

No I don't have shares in Dangote.

Dangote:

Pan-African Operations

Our Pan-African operations encompass everything outside of Nigeria.

WEST AFRICA
Our operations in West Africa and Central Africa are located in Senegal, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Cameroon and the Republic of Congo. In the coming years we plan to extend our reach with integrated plants and grinding plants in strategic locations. We could also consider increasing the size of our existing integrated and grinding plants.

EASTERN & SOUTHERN AFRICA
In the east and south of Africa we have existing or planned operations in Ethiopia, South Africa, Zambia, Tanzania, Kenya and Zimbabwe. All these countries have ample native limestone, so all our facilities there will be integrated factories, with the exception of the Delmas cement milling plant in South Africa.

Countries on Africa’s east coast are to some degree exposed to cheap imports from Pakistan and the Far East. As a result, our strategy is in most cases to site our factories well inland, where pricing is higher and where imported cement would face additional shipping costs to reach the market.

View attachment 16955
And one of their plants.

I hope it all explains.
Not sure how relevant Dangote is to AVZ. But Sammy_da_Smile posted a now deleted tweet from the bird, where Benjamin Umba said "... just deleted the 2 tweets about Dangote and $AVZ".
Dangote doesn't just dominate cements works in Africa, he also is builing a huge oil refinery in Lekki Nigeria. Maybe he wants in on Manono too?

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Bin59

Regular
Dangote Industries are a diversified business and have plenty of money to diversify into Lithium 🔥 $$$AVZ 😁

1663551530875.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
63510925.jpg

Snacks have run out.

Good to see you back buddy

Glad you called out that work BS

If you're keen for further employment I know you'll pick up the right job, with the right people and the right values in due course

In the meantime grab yourself a pineapple and join in the mayhem! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool:

• Haha
  • Love

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Regarding Twitter use this to filter it 😘

$avz -"a few hours" -"top analyst" -"chat room"-"first heard"

Done, apprectiated!

Good on you mate, I questioned when it was seriously dangerous on work sites but ultimately just got on with it and ended up getting a serious injury.

Your pretty much right with what you missed, I’d add the males here are all chauvinistic misogynistic pigs because we don’t call out pics of attractive women and we’ve got blow-ins who think the company won’t/can’t mine and the BOD are totally and utterly inept but these same people are invested in a company they have no confidence in ?

Must be nice to have that much $$ that you can burn it
Welcome back Dan to the Royal Shit Show 👍🤪know exactly where your coming from buddy work wise ..did off shore construction 4/1 for 5yrs …had tool boxes every Sunday preaching health & Safety for 2hrs then told Monday-Saturday to look other way …a lose /lose situation

Cheers guys, it all kicked off on Thursday when I questioned commissioning an AC unit that had water in the pipes without doing a proper 'deep or triple evacuation' on the system, a massive/major never EVER do! It's the equivalent of someone putting diesel in a petrol car then the service manager telling you to just change the wiper blades and turn it on, if that makes the fuck up more understandable to for the non fridgies... My protest was met with "it sounds like you are finding excuses to not finish the job."

The following day (Friday) they sent me and one other guy weighing all of 160 odd kgs combined to move a 216kg outdoor unit off a trailer, up a driveway and down the side of a house complete with all the usual trip and slip hazards etc. I pointed out that there wasn't even power on at the house so even if we could move it in to place the job wouldn't be complete that day and someone would still have to come back and finish it so maybe we could organise a few more guys to meet up and go another day to lift it... "this comes back to what we talked about yesterday and you just trying to get out of finishing jobs"... This time my reply was "I quit, I don't need to put up with this shit" I offered to work another week or two to not leave them in the lurch (really all that leaving on the spot would do is screw over the other guys on the tools with more work for the next few weeks) I stayed and finished every other part of that job that could be done and at the end of the day got the "we will just finish you up now".

The best part is whenever there was a stuff up on a job by anyone the boss would send the entire company screenshots of "the correct procedures that we had all signed off on," in the case of this heavy lift his own SWMS said that "if the object is over 16kgs per person or awkward to lift then mechanical lifting aids must be used"...

I

You also missed that we all buying shares on pineapple supply as they about to be bought out globally…..

Don't think the Mrs is really in the mood to authorise me buying shares right now... :LOL:

On the plus side to all of this were moving house this week so it looks like I've just freed up 60 hours to move with... Downside is I can't borrow their trailer anymore :(

• Wow
Reactions: 14 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Good to see you back buddy

Glad you called out that work BS

If you're keen for further employment I know you'll pick up the right job, with the right people and the right values in due course

In the meantime grab yourself a pineapple and join in the mayhem! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool:

Cheers mate! Trade employment is a buyers market not an employers at the moment, I'd already messaged a mate about work before I quit, was going to go work for him (civil construction) before I got this job but really wanted to keep doing AC as it's my trade but I'll do anything if I enjoy it and it pays the bills. At least working with a mate I'll actually have time and energy left to go for a beer instead of working 60+ hours for a **** :ROFLMAO:

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

wombat74

Top 20
63510925.jpg

Snacks have run out.

What I can tell you is we are 20 days away from another suspension extension . The ICC Case Management Conference scheduled for sometime this month will almost certainly be postponed to a later date that will almost certainly be postponed to later date . Our latest suspension extension update included a nice little shout out to infuriated shareholders that one day we could actually trade again . In other words , stop contacting the company and asking us when we are going to trade again . Fox has come clean that she's getting her information from the same place everyone else is getting their information . In other words we still know sweet Fk all . AIMO

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Remark

Top 20
It's obvious to me that you guys are using the pineapple the wrong way, here's one I prepared earlier...

pineapple-core4.gif

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users

wombat74

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Rediah

Regular
So you are saying I will get to use my Aayy-Rab money (1UAE1) Rego plates once again when we are out of this mess, this time on a nice VW ID. BUZZ 🙏,

Yes, sold this car as well and put its money in AVZ 😂

I have high high hopes from the members of The DRC Battery Council (Saudi and UAE and Bosch and more ) to come to party and invest money in DRC but it wont happen if the govt fails to convince them that foreign investment is safe in the country.

6tvhc3.gif

Cooperation: a memorandum of understanding signed between the DRC and the United Arab Emirates for an investment of 1 billion USD

Prime Minister Sama Lukonde Kyenge chaired, this Saturday, September 17, 2022, the signing ceremony of a memorandum of understanding between the company Primera Group Limited, an Emirati consortium, which represented the private sector of the United Arab Emirates and the Congolese government, represented by the Ministry of Mines, to strengthen and increase bilateral exchanges between these two countries.

This is the realization of the agreements concluded between his Highness, the president of the United Arab Emirates, Cheikh Mohamed Ben Zayed Al Nahyane and the President of the Republic, Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo during his visit in October 2021 in Abu Dabi.

The amount of these exchanges remains to be determined.

Nevertheless, it should be noted that the protocol signed today relates to an investment of US $ 1 billion.

This memorandum of understanding is a new step for the launch of future emirati investments in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Confident to the press, Salem Aljaberi, responsible for the preparation for the opening next November of the United Arab Emirates Emirates Embassy in Kinshasa, said that in the next year, many Companies in the private sector of the United Arab Emirates will jostle in the gates of the Democratic Republic of Congo to invest in the fields of agriculture, mines, and renewable energies. :unsure:

According to him, the opening of the United Arab Emirates Emirates Embassy in Kinshasa, next November, will be the opening of a new page in relations between the two countries so that there is much more investment aware of next year.

This memorandum of understanding is, in fact, signed in the idea of strengthening and increasing bilateral exchanges between the two countries.

View attachment 16950

www.mediacongo

View attachment 16952

Reactions: 9 users

The Fox

Regular
What I can tell you is we are 20 days away from another suspension extension . The ICC Case Management Conference scheduled for sometime this month will almost certainly be postponed to a later date that will almost certainly be postponed to later date . Our latest suspension extension update included a nice little shout out to infuriated shareholders that one day we could actually trade again . In other words , stop contacting the company and asking us when we are going to trade again . Fox has come clean that she's getting her information from the same place everyone else is getting their information . In other words we still know sweet Fk all . AIMO
That’s not quite right Wombat. Let me join some more dots for you.

Firstly some of the people and journalists I communicate with do not have a profile on Twitter (some do of course) some do not tweet anything or haven’t done so for years. Yet they write articles for various news agencies and have done so regarding AVZ and the associated entities in all of this, that we all know to well.

After some effort direct contact details can be found on these people and most of the time, there you go, you are having a conversation, unless language / translation issues make things to difficult.

Secondly, if there was some anticipation of a formal event occurring like the issuance of an ML or some other important matter, don’t you think someone would let members of the press know so they could be there to cover the story, take a few happy snaps of hands being shaken, folders being presented and some back slapping? Maybe even a few comments from various persons in attendance. Of course you can’t expect members of the press magically turn up.

A little bit of work goes into making important announcements, people usually want some credit and sometimes even redemption. Hence there are communications I rely on more so then Twitter, not that these communications have been overly helpful as yet, with regard to the timeline of things….please refer to previous posts. 😁

I hope this additional clarity is helpful. It wouldn’t be very good if we all relied just on Twitter when so much is at stake, yet it is a good avenue to connect with others whether they tweet or not.

BTW, the T-Shirt’s come in different colours just to let you know, maybe you would look better in pink 👍😁🦊

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Dangote Industries are a diversified business and have plenty of money to diversify into Lithium 🔥 $$$AVZ 😁

View attachment 16959

And then there is this:

Our Businesses​

Providing Your Basic Needs​

With our transformational projects and businesses across food, shelter and construction, Dangote Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Africa. ;)

They operate in Africa in all industries, even mining, it is understandable that people in Australia say why would you use the Dangote in Africa.

Simple answer, go to Africa and have a look, or google Dangote and you understand.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom