AVZ Discussion 2022

Thanks @Carlos Danger

Towards the end, and it might have been the interviewer who mentions it - there was talk of 'renegotiation' of the contracts.

Are you able to translate that in any more detail?

Doesn't sound like it's all sorted to me, but happy to be convinced by those who say it is
The interviewer at the end talks about him interviewing the companies again after everything has been worked out between them as well as interviewing the Minister of Portfolio at the end of the file. I don't think this equals a renegotiation of contracts and was just his way of explaining the next steps to the audience.

Reactions: 22 users

LOCKY82

Regular
Interview starts with the presenter Mills Tshibangu explaining this is a right of response to earlier interview with Cominiere. It is an ethical obligation to provide both sides an opportunity to talk.

Most of the initial part of AVZ's lawyer Christian Lukusa's introduction is the same as the press conference in July outlining the beginning of the joint venture and the obligations of AVZ.

A point of contention is the delivering of the DFS to Cominiere via email which he says is allowed. It is a question of communication rather than obligation and he points out that it was also published publicly.

He defends the timing between the DFS and the mining application. No objection was received from Cominiere for 9 months regarding key points eg rate of return for the project.

Dathcom had to apply at least 6 months before the research permit expired in December 2021 which is why it was submitted in May 2021.

He talks about reasons that contract between Cominiere and Zijin is null and void:
- Says minister of portfolio didn't go to the council of ministers which is the tradition.
- The statutory mechanism for rights of preemption say a written offer must be submitted to BOD of Dathcom which Zijin didn't do. This is a negotiation mechanism to allow comparison to AVZ's offer.
- AVZ's offer was valued at $166m USD including 8% of AVZ shares. AVZ had submitted proof that this could be paid. Document shown is dated 21/9/21.
- Offer also included local processing of lithium in partnership with the government focusing on lithium hydroxide. Therefore added value and local jobs are also part of the offer.
- Also in the offer is the rehabilitation of Manono airport, the power plant (will also be used to power the city), railway and roads.
- Says this is an integrated project which meets the vision of President Tshisekedi.
- The transfer of shares isn't between Cominiere and Zijin. In the transfer contract (which is shown) it is between Cominiere and Zijin's subsidiary Jin Cheng. Allegedly this is not allowed in the mining code without approval from the government which wasn't received.
- Says even worse in the notary deed it is not the CEO signing the documents which is required.

To summarise he says that it was not done at the correct level and the transmission of shares is not correct. So Dathcom shares are intact as before because it was not a valid transaction.

He now talks about Dathomir
- He says Dathomir want to be paid more which could be understandable if there was new information. But the DFS was already available when the deal was done.

He mentions AVZ being the only mining company on the battery council which was a government decision.

Talks about AVZ having proven funding of 500m USD to develop the project.

Uses Glencore as an example of AVZ's plans to mature from a junior miner into a major miner. Says this is for those worried AVZ will just sell.

Says AVZ only ask that the mining code be followed as they have complied with the law. This is important in promoting a good business environment in the DRC.

Mentions that there are other international investors watching that will be worried to invest if they could potentially face the same conflicts as AVZ.

Says rules must be respected. The country was built under these rules and it is the vision of President Tshisekedi that the DRC is a state of law which respects rules and gives opportunities.

Talks about AVZ losing 1m USD per day in profits that could be making which is 300k USD in taxes for the state.

He says AVZ could have sold because of the problems it has faced but is still humbly asking the government for the opportunity that we have already proven. AVZ is the first speculator in DRC to not sell and approach the government to present a feasibility study.

End of interview and it now goes back to the presenter that says President Tshisekedi is personally following the file.

There were a lot of good documents shown sporadically throughout the interview.
Much appreciated Carlos!!

Reactions: 15 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
General market a little more bouyant today

Hopefully a strong green day for a change

Cheers!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

TDITD

Top 20
And therefore that’s what he’s really asking. Bit bloody personal isn’t it? Maybe I’d feel differently if I actually met the parameters 🤣🤣 obviously not sophisticated enough!!
Well if you intend to keep holding onto AVZ you better bloody get used to being 'sophisticated' :LOL:
My wife is gonna absolutely hate it.
i.e "Honey can you hang out the washing",
"Well I'd love to, but unfortunately that is something an unsophisticated person would do"

I know, gonna need a sophisticated doghouse. (by fuck its going to get used😂)

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Remark

Top 20
General market a little more bouyant today

Hopefully a strong green day for a change

Cheers!
Dow futures up a little - although that can change in a heartbeat...
1662426752792.png

Reactions: 4 users

TheCount

Regular
How's the eye going TC?
G'day @Remark, thank you for asking. I think you can probably tell it's giving me hell today... Hasn't stopped watering since rising at 5 this morning and add to that the joy of public transport (can't drive for about another week) has not been the best of starts. Probably a bit mean in earlier posts but my stance has been to let the company and it's lawyers do the work.

In more detail. A detached retina is "glued" back into place with laser surgery, and then a little cryo to stabilise the area and hold it together. An inert gas (SF6) is then injected to push the eye against the retina whilst it all heals. Our bodies slowly absorb the gas and replace it with 'jelly like fluids' and I'm at that stage right now. The eye is fighting to repair itself and in a day or so I'll start to see a little bit as the jelly naturally returns... Until then it will leak and clean itself and generally be a nuisance...

Our bodies a bloody amazing machines aren't they?

Cheers,
TC.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

wombat74

Top 20
Come on let's get cracking building this mine.

Missing such valuable time.
Maybe if these corrupt f--kers would give us a ML we could start . Apparently it was supposed to be in our hot little hands 2 weeks ago . In 2 weeks time apparently it was supposed to be in our hands 4 weeks ago .In 4 weeks time it was supposed to be 6 weeks ago , so on and so on . Well all I know so far is all supposed intel is apparently incorrect and pineapples are on special at my local grocer .

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Remark

Top 20
G'day @Remark, thank you for asking. I think you can probably tell it's giving me hell today... Hasn't stopped watering since rising at 5 this morning and add to that the joy of public transport (can't drive for about another week) has not been the best of starts. Probably a bit mean in earlier posts but my stance has been to let the company and it's lawyers do the work.

In more detail. A detached retina is "glued" back into place with laser surgery, and then a little cryo to stabilise the area and hold it together. An inert gas (SF6) is then injected to push the eye against the retina whilst it all heals. Our bodies slowly absorb the gas and replace it with 'jelly like fluids' and I'm at that stage right now. The eye is fighting to repair itself and in a day or so I'll start to see a little bit as the jelly naturally returns... Until then it will leak and clean itself and generally be a nuisance...

Cheers,
TC.
Wow, that all sounds very painful & frustrating.

All the best with the recovery & I hope the vision returns in time to read the announcement we've all been waiting for with two good eyes. (y)

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

John25

Regular

Cheers,
TC.
Sounds like we’re all on the mend Count( glad I didn’t misspell that) 😁here’ an 80s “EYE” song buddy

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

TDITD

Top 20
The Mouse who flys posted this earlier and I recommend everyone who is a holder to find 37mins free in their day/night to watch this, use CC an auto-translate (may have to change to english). @Peterg you need to watch this mate as you said u were losing faith or something similar.

Please do watch it for yourself with a beer or wine and soak it in.

Essentially Christian talks well on the already sorted Zijin & Cominiere BS, its already to bed but Christian sends it sleepy bye bye, with some documents shown on screen that you can take pics of and use translate to back up what's being said in the interview.

He also equally destroys Dathomirs ridiculous claim saying agreements made and contracts signed (shown on screen several pieces of evidence), says after all signed off they then come back and want more $$, by the way the interview goes it looks like it was once there was fanfare about the DFS back comes Cong the Mong.

Chrisitian talks of "rights which are guaranteed and protected by our constitution and our laws" he mentions the pre-emption rights several times. He also states "there are other investors who are watching who want to come" talking of international mining companies watching AVZ's fortunes closely.

A point I very much like was when he said "Glencore has arrived in this country as a junior and its this example we want to take", now I know how I interpreted that which fits into my impressions of the board already.

Christian talks of the offer we made to the government giving them 8% in AVZ handing them a say in further development then talks on SEZ, lithium value chain and AVZ engaging further with the Govt to achieve this.

35:09 @Peterg : "I would also like to reassure you that the head of state his excellence Felix Antoine Tshisekedi is personally following this file."
Interestingly he salutes princess bitch face otherwise known as Minister of Portfolio Madame Adele Kayinda, an he mentions he talked with her and she promises to do an interview SOON, once this is sorted.

I get the distinct impression from this that its almost over, also that the board have handled this well with the many many examples of fuckery thrown at them since Sept last year. (Personally a little annoyed I didn't know, but I understand why board needed to keep quiet and hey we have 75% an they kept telling us that. The fact I didn't know the shit storm in the background is on me as an investor)

Overall impression from the interview was that pineapples are going to be causing detached rectum issues for many over at Cominere and Dathomir.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 49 users

TheCount

Regular
Sounds like we’re all on the mend Count( glad I didn’t misspell that) 😁here’ an 80s “EYE” song buddy

Thanks John, and yes your spelling is appreciated. 😉

I think I'll stay at home tomorrow, so look out for more memorable tunes!!

TC.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Hey @BEISHA stop laughing at my posts, I’m trying to get ready for bed!! By the way, do you think if we just talk amongst ourselves, you know who will go away? …. Upon reflection, I know very well it’s not nice to encourage others to team up against someone, and so I apologise for that last sentence…. it’s just that it’s not all that hard to pick a troll (and other others who support the troll) and when there appears to finally be some positive news on the horizon and someone starts trying to draw attention to something that happened nearly a year ago, and has to reply to every post, well you don’t need me to join the dots. So…. now what I have successfully done here, is go back in time and edit (make changes) to this post, and then go forward in time to Rediah’s post and follow his advice and put said troll on ‘ignore’ thus fully solving this predicament. Ah those days spent drinking mushroom coffee have come back to me, once more allowing me to bend the space - time continuum

Hiya Money

You cussing me for giving you likes ?........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You are a hard man to please .....;)

Good to see that you are still here at TSE, for a while there i thought it was " over and out ", or at least that was what you implied, but, 50 posts later, its clear you really do love me and the AVZ TSE family after all........:love:

As far as @R2D2 is concerned, i am reserving judgement, just like i reserved judgement with you when you first arrived at AVZ TSE......:unsure:...............now we are homies....lol

I consider a TROLL to be an annoying pest who constantly bags a coy with no substantive evidence, one who doesnt see a balanced side of the equation...............STICKSHIFT is a prime example .

I aint the thread police, contrary to what you or others might believe, altho i will admit, i did enjoy getting rid of the SHERIFF, anyone who attacks one of the pillars of AVZ TSE @Frank , is a piece of shit ..........PERIOD!

R2D2 hasnt attacked others, unlike some members who have attacked him / her ( TURKEY ) just cause the poster has a different slant..... which is school garden stuff in my opinion.

Not that impressed with @Roller62 getting a bit of flak either, that goes for @Nellie17 and @The Fox too.........carry on like that and AVZ TSE will be the next hot crapper.........respect for everybodies opinion right or wrong is required here imo

I will openly admit, i have given R2D2 a couple of likes, in fact one of his comments about " if i knew about what was going on with Dathomir in 2021, i would have taken a few dollars off the table ".......or something to that effect.

I believe i made such a comment many, many posts ago.......;)

That said, if Nigel did inform the market about Dathomir in 2021 , i reckon the response would have been very bearish and potentially would have capped the great gains that AVZ got and still has......

I dont concur about the class action tho.......thats just silly and no hope of succeeding , even if you think you have a case, CEOs are just like doctors / politicians..........teflon city.

Are we going to call @Der Geist a troll while we are at it ?

Cause i reserve judgement on that too.........i will say one thing, he has balls of steel coming here , given the despise that other members here have articulated in the past and present to the said individual.........kudos for that i reckon, plus he hasnt hidden behind another nic either..............I would like Der geist to hang around more and provide his unique take on this shit show, as it appears he / she has the nose more in the inner chamber than most here.....

I never have placed anyone on IGNORE unless you are a troll muppet with nothing of merit to say , Dergeist and R2D2 dont fall in that category, highly intellectual me thinks, but i agree with others, speak more candid and less "shakespearian "would be appreciated........I am just a simple tradie..........🙏🙏

I will finish this post by saying the following.....

IGF report was completed many moons ago, with decisive conclusions regards to fraud & corruption, supporting Nigel / AVZ lawyers continued claim that the said cases against AVZ is "spurious in nature and have no merit."...........yet here we are in September............stuck in another extended suspension..........😡😡😡

Its a very ugly look for the DRC , especially as they are trying to convey to the world that they are the " future battery hub " and are " open for business " to countries other than China.

I realise that Felix has alot on his plate with systemic corruption on all fronts plus an ongoing war, but considering that MANONO is the pinnacle of that battery hub vision that they are " selling " surely acting swiftly on the IGF report , awarding the ML , allowing AVZ to retain the percentages / acreage of CDL and getting Roche Dure to the construction /production line ASAP ..............would have given confidence to other countries that the DRC vision and words were not just a mirage.

No winners here, DRC losing millions upon millions with every day / week / month that Manono is delayed with this shit fight, DRC common folk continue to get poorer, LTH getting more frustrated , annoyed, dismayed, with a number requiring funds ASAP for their imminent needs / wants............i feel for you guys.

On top of all that , the MACRO is not far away from going BULL again and AVZ will miss another window of positive sentiment if this BS continues .....:unsure:

BTW, as much as i have had a tonne of laughs regards to pineapples, i hate the shit, especially on a pizza ( i am a meat lover ) and the only orefus that a pineapple should be shoved into ....is Zijin, President Xi, those greedy fuckers Dathomir , the corrupt wankers within Cominiere, Kabila family and any other entity that has thrown a road block to stop DRC from thriving !!

Traitors and scum !!!

The groundhog cycle of AVZ suspension needs to CEASE, systemic corruption needs to CEASE, the dependency on China needs to CEASE...........if DRC wants to thrive and draw the attention of the collective world as a country that is free and open for business.........as it should be.

Just my opinion

are-you-kidding-me-robin-hood.gif

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users

LOCKY82

Regular
I'm guessing they obviously got the green light from management to go ahead, A great showing from momentum and looks like they have an answer for most if not all dodgy claims! I wonder when this was shot and also is it a mixture of, a warning if you want to f*ck around? Here's a snippet of what we have on you guys! and also a call on the government to speed this up and or have a word with those pulling the handbrake on all this. Looks promising but also doesn't seem like we're very close?? Love to be wrong!

F#*k S.Cong 👍

• Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

TheCount

Regular
Hiya Money

Good to see that you are still here at TSE, for a while there i thought it was " over and out ", or at least that was what you implied, but, 50 posts later, its clear you really do love me and the AVZ TSE family after all........:love:

As far as @R2D2 is concerned, i am reserving judgement, just like i reserved judgement with you when you first arrived at AVZ TSE......:unsure:...............now we are homies....lol

I consider a TROLL to be an annoying pest who constantly bags a coy with no substantive evidence, one who doesnt see a balanced side of the equation...............STICKSHIFT is a prime example .

I aint the thread police, contrary to what you or others might believe, altho i will admit, i did enjoy getting rid of the SHERIFF, anyone who attacks one of the pillars of AVZ TSE @Frank , is a piece of shit ..........PERIOD!

R2D2 hasnt attacked others, unlike some members who have attacked him / her ( TURKEY ) just cause the poster has a different slant..... which is school garden stuff in my opinion.

Not that impressed with @Roller62 getting a bit of flak either, that goes for @Nellie17 and @The Fox too.........carry on like that and AVZ TSE will be the next hot crapper.........respect for everybodies opinion right or wrong is required here imo

I will openly admit, i have given R2D2 a couple of likes, in fact one of his comments about " if i knew about what was going on with Dathomir in 2021, i would have taken a few dollars off the table ".......or something to that effect.

That said, if Nigel did inform the market about Dathomir in 2021 , i reckon the response would have been very bearish and potentially would have capped the great gains that AVZ got and still has......

I dont concur about the class action tho.......thats just silly and no hope of succeeding , even if you think you have a case, CEOs are just like doctors / politicians..........teflon city.

Cause i reserve judgement on that too.........i will say one thing, he has balls of steel coming here , given the despise that other members here have articulated in the past and present to the said individual.........kudos for that i reckon, plus he hasnt hidden behind another nic either..............I would like Der geist to hang around more and provide his unique take on this shit show, as it appears he / she has the nose more in the inner chamber than most here.....

I never have placed anyone on IGNORE unless you are a troll muppet with nothing of merit to say , Dergeist and R2D2 dont fall in that category, highly intellectual me thinks, but i agree with others, speak more candid and less "shakespearian "would be appreciated........I am just a simple tradie..........🙏🙏

IGF report was completed many moons ago, with decisive conclusions regards to fraud & corruption, supporting Nigel / AVZ lawyers continued claim that the said cases against AVZ is "spurious in nature and have no merit."...........yet here we are in September............stuck in another extended suspension..........😡😡😡

Its a very ugly look for the DRC , especially as they are trying to convey to the world that they are the " future battery hub " and are " open for business " to countries other than China.

I realise that Felix has alot on his plate with systemic corruption on all fronts plus an ongoing war, but considering that MANONO is the pinnacle of that battery hub vision that they are " selling " surely acting swiftly on the IGF report , awarding the ML , allowing AVZ to retain the percentages / acreage of CDL and getting Roche Dure to the construction /production line ASAP ..............would have given confidence to other countries that the DRC vision and words were not just a mirage.

No winners here, DRC losing millions upon millions with every day / week / month that Manono is delayed with this shit fight, DRC common folk continue to get poorer, LTH getting more frustrated , annoyed, dismayed, with a number requiring funds ASAP for their imminent needs / wants............i feel for you guys.

On top of all that , the MACRO is not far away from going BULL again and AVZ will miss another window of positive sentiment if this BS continues .....:unsure:

BTW, as much as i have had a tonne of laughs regards to pineapples, i hate the shit, especially on a pizza ( i am a meat lover ) and the only orefus that a pineapple should be shoved into ....is Zijin, President Xi, those greedy fuckers Dathomir , the corrupt wankers within Cominiere, Kabila family and any other entity that has thrown a road block to stop DRC from thriving !!

Traitors and scum !!!

The groundhog cycle of AVZ suspension needs to CEASE, systemic corruption needs to CEASE, the dependency on China needs to CEASE...........if DRC wants to thrive and draw the attention of the collective world as a country that is free and open for business.........as it should be.

Just my opinion

View attachment 15947

Speaking of Groundhogs . . . . . . . . .

You'd be pretty pissed if you turned up to the screening of Groundhog II and all they showed was the original film!

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 12.43.15 pm.png

TC.

• Haha

Spikerama

Regular
Speaking of Groundhogs . . . . . . . . .

You'd be pretty pissed if you turned up to the screening of Groundhog II and all they showed was the original film!

View attachment 15948

TC.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Hiya Money

Traitors and scum !!!

Just my opinion

View attachment 15947
Great post Beish

I too enjoy the contributions from all and differing views and asking questions

That's cool

At the end of the day it's all about behaviours and respect here

Everyone's in....until they're not! :ROFLMAO:

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

LOCKY82

Regular

Moral probity! She's clamping down! 👏

Hopefully that snake from portfolios is gone too!

Snakes Medusa GIF by PBS Digital Studios

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users
Hiya Money

Traitors and scum !!!

Just my opinion

View attachment 15947
😂😂❤️❤️ How things have changed…. In the middle of our differences I was going to tell you how insincere your Robin Hood is, now it brings me a great deal of joy, just like your post. God you put some effort into that, and since I couldn’t give you 100 ‘likes’ I’ve given you some happy faces and a few hearts. It maybe the best post I’ve read here and I’m humbled that you addressed it to me, so thanks BEISH! I think once all ownership issues are sorted we may even get to construction sooner than we think as there is a lot of news regarding infrastructure being built all around Manono, Lubumbashi, Zambia and other related areas and maybe we will all be able to retire earlier than we think, especially @TheCount who I reckon being an Accountant and having his own Accountant is richer than the rest of us. You know I’m only joking Count, we have much in common, I was good at maths and had to have an operation on my rectum too! Take care BEISHA, nice to hear from you and thanks for your thoughts

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users

ptlas

Regular
I have also said repeatedly that I would accept management saying they can't say anything more because of legal advice. The fact they have talked about things eg Zijin arbitration possibly having 1 or 3 judges but not provided further updates well past the four weeks they outlined is what bothers me.

You're entitled to your opinion but I will say whatever

Yes you can say what you like, but you're turning into a dick.
Take your issues up with AVZ.
And if it's so important then post their reply here but I guess it will be something like wait for official announcements.
The Count, me and others have explained why said announcements are not forthcoming.
Duh

• Fire
  • Love

TheCount

Regular
😂😂❤️❤️ How things have changed…. In the middle of our differences I was going to tell you how insincere your Robin Hood is, now it brings me a great deal of joy, just like your post. God you put some effort into that, and since I couldn’t give you 100 ‘likes’ I’ve given you some happy faces and a few hearts. It maybe the best post I’ve read here and I’m humbled that you addressed it to me, so thanks BEISH! I think once all ownership issues are sorted we may even get to construction sooner than we think as there is a lot of news regarding infrastructure being built all around Manono, Lubumbashi, Zambia and other related areas and maybe we will all be able to retire earlier than we think, especially @TheCount who I reckon being an Accountant and having his own Accountant is richer than the rest of us. You know I’m only joking Count, we have much in common, I was good at maths and had to have an operation on my rectum too! Take care BEISHA, nice to hear from you and thanks for your thoughts
Something my old man said has always stuck with me.

You need three things in life:-

A good Family
A good Lawyer
A good Accountant

Rule of threes - Mondo Rock, 1986.

TC.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom