AVZ Discussion 2022

CashKing

Regular
In my opinion, Accountants are there for an opinion on HOW to navigate the statutory frameworks and NOT for investment advice.

To be honest - it is none of their business what you do with your investment choices. If it's in an SMSF, the Auditor 'may' make a comment (but rarely have) about the potential risk - but FFS until last week it was an ASX200 company!!

Any reason to stay with your current guy?

TC.
Might as well drop a business card pic also mate 👍.. An accountant with a bung eye 🤔 could be useful AIMO

GLTAH

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Samus

Top 20
Might as well drop a business card pic also mate 👍.. An accountant with a bung eye 🤔 could be useful AIMO

GLTAH
Sounds like he's even willing to do some creative accounting and has a sense of humor albeit mostly dad jokes.
Chalk and cheese with Mr Tubby.
Where do I sign up?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

CashKing

Regular
Sounds like he's even willing to do some creative accounting and has a sense of humor albeit mostly dad jokes.
Chalk and cheese with Mr Tubby.
Where do I sign up?
Surely cheese and drinks are tax deductible now days…. Especially if you own AVZ shares booze should be definitely a tax write off 😂

Fucking tax man will owe me a fortune putting up with this since 2017….

Anytime for that business card TC 😉

GLTAH & ACCOUNTANTS 😃

• Haha

Thunderpony

27 µg per 100 mL
conan obrien GIF by Team Coco
Just like the ages of the girls- Ha!

Reactions: 1 users

JAG

Top 20
And the only person who knows @MoneyBags1348 is the skipper of triple888 :cool::ninja:

1662376069715.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

JAG

Top 20
Worth a watch with translation!

1662376722106.png

Reactions: 12 users

TheCount

Regular
Surely cheese and drinks are tax deductible now days…. Especially if you own AVZ shares booze should be definitely a tax write off 😂

Fucking tax man will owe me a fortune putting up with this since 2017….

Anytime for that business card TC 😉

GLTAH & ACCOUNTANTS 😃
Let me pour cold water on this immediately and honestly I thought telling you I HAVE an Accountant was a dead giveaway…

I AM an Accountant, I don’t DO Accounting or Tax..

Happy to talk about these things in a general sense, but you guys need to get your own professional help..

TC.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

CashKing

Regular
Let me pour cold water on this immediately and honestly I thought telling you I HAVE an Accountant was a dead giveaway…

I AM an Accountant, I don’t DO Accounting or Tax..

Happy to talk about these things in a general sense, but you guys need to get your own professional help..

TC.
I picked up on that TC but I figured it’s like Personal Trainers that have a Personal Trainer themselves 🤔

All good bud I’ve got my own guy I’m super happy with, blind in both eyes and basically deaf 👍 he’s great 😂 😂 😂

Ohh and cold water is tax deductible 😉 😂 💧
Wait that means the fridge is tax deductible also 🧐………

JUST KIDDING. AIMO 😉

• Haha

Bin59

Regular
Not sure if anybody’s shared Tom’s tweets (3) yet - FYI:

oxxa23

Regular
Don't need bricks & mortar sign to be a business.

I won't divulge anything specific here because my situation is tightly managed by my Accountant, but you need to get your own good Accountant, and the ability to Invoice your Employer rather than being an employee. Trading then gives you an additional income stream for example. Bring a partner into the business and it gets better...

Then - you get to decide what costs the company pays or reimburses you - for example, YOU own the car and you need to be reimbursed for travel. You run a small office, so anything associated with that are paid for in pre-tax dollars, even a percentage of the interest on your Mortgage is deductible - but be careful of CGT should you sell the family home. If renting, then less problems.

There is more paperwork and just one spreadsheet. I'd spend about an hour a week and then one more hour per quarter dealing with BAS, STP and SGC obligations.

It can be done.

TC.
That's great to try and invoice your employer... but, there's the little thing called "personal services income" that tries to rule against that... well, limits it anyway...

And yep, I regretfully admit I'm a public accountant / tax agent.... unfortunately it pays better than the vineyard...

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

TheCount

Regular
That's great to try and invoice your employer... but, there's the little thing called "personal services income" that tries to rule against that... well, limits it anyway...

And yep, I regretfully admit I'm a public accountant / tax agent.... unfortunately it pays better than the vineyard...
Don’t ever regret a career choice!

Looks like you’ve just become everyone’s best friend on all matters tax…

Cheers
TC

• Haha
  • Love

Thunderpony

27 µg per 100 mL
Just curious, who of us is/has been deemed a 'sophisticated' investor?

Reactions: 1 users

CashKing

Regular
Moneybags 4 sure 😂 that motha fucker does bigger shits than most of our holdings apparently 😉..

GLTAH including you M 💼‘s

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

BRICK

Regular
  • Haha

Bin59

Regular

• Thinking

mouseflying

Regular

Anyone good at french?
Auto translation is inaccurate...

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Bin59

Regular
An AVZ right of reply interview with Christian Lukusa … hmm can we expect an announcement today?

Thanks for posting the video Mouse, I believe Papy Lefool on Twitter has been able to assist an AVZ follower with an accurate French translation re AVZ in the past, he may be willing?

1662414560769.jpeg

Reactions: 12 users

Bin59

Regular

Reactions: 14 users

Anyone good at french?
Auto translation is inaccurate...

Constantin Garlas on Twitter has given a decent quick synopsis of the video.

Again I can't understand how AVZ's lawyer can talk about these topics in depth on publicly available videos but we get nothing in English from the company. I speak a bit of French so will watch it now and report what I can but having someone fluent translate it will be better.

Luckily there are a few native French speakers in and around these forums that can help us out but we really shouldn't have to rely on them imo. Saying that I'd rather have the information available in French than not have it at all.

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer

If you meet these two criteria you can get a certified accountant to annoint you -
  • a gross income of $250,000 or more per year in each of the previous two years, or
  • net assets of at least $2.5 million

Top Bottom