AVZ Discussion 2022

Samus

Top 20
Not fully tested in my view. A troll will stick to a negative narrative irrespective. Let’s see

If anyone recalls earlier this year i tweeted a video of Friedland inviting a Benchmark Minerals interviewer to engage in the Socratic method. This is what I believe in.

From what I gather, it appears management and ASIC have been communicating on the delicate matter of the Congolese jurisdiction and Chinese as soon as all this emerged last year - recall Lomela1 on hotcrapper? Cong trying to stir to no avail??.

So soon as something became publically material, media speculation, and the decree stamping AVZ’s endorsement we saw a suspension in trading and escalating tensions in the Congo. Which appears to have died down. Not sure it’s over yet. And next year is election year. I think there’s enough time to get most stuff sorted before then.
So basically there may be no repercussions on any apparent breach of continuous disclosure rules because disclosure may have meant falling into the trap that Cong’s likely blackmail was intending. Besides that I am not sure how this managing CD requirements is managed as I don’t ask around much about it. All will come out eventually.

And, last words for today. If AVZ had been less publically circumspect on the scope of it’s pre-emptive rights, by reference to the Dathcom agreement, which parts, we would have all had clarity to the point AFR-Tom would not have dared to treat AVZ as a meek victim of Chinese plotting. But I guess legal eagles had fun instead
"Not fully tested in my view. A troll will stick to a negative narrative irrespective. Let’s see"

Most genuine holders have developed a 6th sense for troublemakers from years in the trenches on HC. I'd not be surprised if the droid is already gone.

This place has been a haven for holders to discuss the stock without the associated bs. We have our disagreements but at least we're all on the same page in wishing the best interests and success of the company, the level of mutual respect has been fairly high in comparison to most forums despite greatly varied opinions.

The community model works, talking in riddles isn't likely to go down all that well here. All are welcome until they're not, an ethos that needs to be preserved if this isn't to descend into another HC shitshow.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Birdman7

Regular
"Not fully tested in my view. A troll will stick to a negative narrative irrespective. Let’s see"

Most genuine holders have developed a 6th sense for troublemakers from years in the trenches on HC. I'd not be surprised if the droid is already gone.

This place has been a haven for holders to discuss the stock without the associated bs. We have our disagreements but at least we're all on the same page in wishing the best interests and success of the company, the level of mutual respect has been fairly high in comparison to most forums despite greatly varied opinions.

The community model works, talking in riddles isn't likely to go down all that well here. All are welcome until they're not, an ethos that needs to be preserved if this isn't to descend into another HC shitshow.
Totally agree! 👍

Reactions: 10 users

Birdman7

Regular
For the simple reason no one has taken up the offer to address the CD concerns raised. (correct me if wrong). A lot of people must surely stay off forums when they see people being mugged as a troll, yes?
My post before this one explains further my views on this.

I’ve looked into the alias conspiracy and can say with my perspective (since this is not hotcrapper 😊) I have significantly contributed to many posters posting over the last 4 years, I just wouldn’t go there unless you want to troll shareholders yourself.

Further, I’m more interested in the message than the messenger.

As “Der geist” implies, a Hegelian mode of thinking, saying and unsaying and all that dialectical tensionality really is the real Rubik’s cube that keeps the west cranking
Possibly the most contrived piece of written tripe I have read in a very long time 😞

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Besides that I am not sure how this managing CD requirements is managed as I don’t ask around much about it. All will come out eventually.”

I feel confident AVZ manage their CD obligations as per the ASX rules:

See Rule 3.1 which is relevant to AVZ imo:

3.1A Listing rule 3.1 does not apply to particular information while each of the following requirements is satisfied in relation to the information:

3.1A.1 One or more of the following 5 situations applies:

 It would be a breach of a law to disclose the information;
The information concerns an incomplete proposal or negotiation;
The information comprises matters of supposition or is insufficiently definite to warrant disclosure;
 The information is generated for the internal management purposes of the entity; or
 The information is a trade secret; and

3.1A.2 The information is confidential and ASX has not formed the view that the information has ceased to be confidential; and
3.1A.3 A reasonable person would not expect the information to be disclosed.

(Especially given the nature of the issues at hand imo).
Thanks for that link @Bin59. Perhaps if shareholders had had the opportunity to talk to Nigel for an extended period of time (and I mean not relenting from trying to wear him down like I did at Sydney) they may start to form a different opinion. My view following Sydney was that a capital raise was imminent (at $0.13c = 20% discount of the then $0.16c) though Nigel gave no clue, and since then that if Nigel had disclosed everything he knew, our share price would probably be sitting at around $0.40c and we wouldn’t have raised $75 million @ $0.50c so any whinging is uncalled for. Nigel has said all along we own 60% of Dathcom as well as the extra 15% from Dathomir. When you speak to him, you can tell he doesn’t like not being able to disclose information but he is smart enough and experienced enough to know what he’s doing, in my view that is

Last edited:
Reactions: 23 users

TheCount

Regular

I'm a bit more straight forward/blunt in my approach to others.

After the initial wise words from @Freehold I went on an adventure to soak up a huge amount of reading.

going-on-an-adventure-bilbo-baggins.gif

After about 6 months I rested upon the opinion that AVZ was "the one". I reference the fact that 1 in a hundred minnow/junior miners make it to production. AVZ is that one, I am certain of it.

onlyone.gif

Circling back to the reason for this post - my 6th sense calling out BS is afforded to ANYONE negative about AVZ, whether they have constructive information (0.1% of posts) or not (99.9% of posts).

AVZ will rule supreme for generations and anyone with a contrary comment is full of shit and has not done any research or are paid trolls repeating their masters' narrative. Those meat puppets can get fucked.

star-wars-general-hux.gif

Mine and my family's futures are in a far better state than 5 years ago - thanks AVZ.
The future is going to be great!

Cheers.
TC.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users
Experience also tells us that it’s usually those who buy in late at a higher price without having done due diligence and fully researched the company, project and risks (or have perhaps fallen victim to crapper ramper’s who played down sovereign risks) that cry foul and want to draw attention to things that happened a year ago, I’ve learned the hard way and am still learning (and for some reason am still posting here on a daily basis) it’s what happens on the stock market. I hate it when people who have no idea suggest to me that it’s gambling when I’ve put years of research into companies. One of my ventures included thinking about putting $100K into A2M when it was $1 going for a surf, coming home and seeing the price had gone up 10% so I put that $100K into another company and instead of making $2 million I ended up losing $70K. It’s what happens when you buy and sell shares, but you can also see how some posters post negative comments because they think it will make the share price go down and allow them to buy in cheaper, it’s human nature, just like I’m obviously an addictive nature and can’t seem to get off this fucken forum…. Note, head punch to self 👊💥🤪. PS Love your work Count!

• Haha
  • Love
C

ChrisU

Besides that I am not sure how this managing CD requirements is managed as I don’t ask around much about it. All will come out eventually.”

I feel confident AVZ manage their CD obligations as per the ASX rules:

See Rule 3.1 which is relevant to AVZ imo:

3.1A Listing rule 3.1 does not apply to particular information while each of the following requirements is satisfied in relation to the information:

3.1A.1 One or more of the following 5 situations applies:

 It would be a breach of a law to disclose the information;
The information concerns an incomplete proposal or negotiation;
The information comprises matters of supposition or is insufficiently definite to warrant disclosure;
 The information is generated for the internal management purposes of the entity; or
 The information is a trade secret; and

3.1A.2 The information is confidential and ASX has not formed the view that the information has ceased to be confidential; and
3.1A.3 A reasonable person would not expect the information to be disclosed.

(Especially given the nature of the issues at hand imo).
My confidence tapered upon reading more, see page 5. on subjective opinion, versus objective.

It is not easy to escape disclosure requirements. There is no clause for “fair go”.

The “decision” dished out by a court in Lubumbashi was a verdict of the jurisdiction. Corrupt as it may well be it’s an adverse action intended to affect the progress of the company, that if I had known about in January I would have taken some shares off the table. Everyone is here, to hear the heart beat of AVZ and knows they would do same upon learning of the adverse actions of a Dathcom partner.

May be Der Geist is right, when the malfeasance and heat turned up advice was, go into suspension. When Zijin reacted on its website that must have been decisive for AVZ and fits chronology. But the Lubumbashi judgment or “decision” is not a “supposition” or “speculation” is a reasonable view to hold imo

AVZ needs to explain its reasoning.

Attachments

• 60026BD0-F652-46AF-A008-F78D68A063DE.jpeg
    60026BD0-F652-46AF-A008-F78D68A063DE.jpeg
    382.8 KB · Views: 63

Samus

Top 20
I'm a bit more straight forward/blunt in my approach to others.

After the initial wise words from @Freehold I did and went on an adventure to soak up a huge amount of reading.

View attachment 15888

After about 6 months I rested upon the opinion that AVZ was "the one". I reference the fact that 1 in a hundred minnow/junior miners make it to production. AVZ is that one, I am certain of it.

View attachment 15889

Circling back to the reason for this post - my 6th sense calling out BS is afforded to ANYONE negative about AVZ, whether they have constructive information (0.1% of posts) or not (99.9% of posts).

AVZ will rule supreme for generations and anyone with a contrary comment is full of shit and has not done any research or are paid trolls repeating their masters' narrative. Those meat puppets can get fucked.

View attachment 15890

Mine and my family's futures are in a far better state than 5 years ago - thanks AVZ.
The future is going to be great!

Cheers.
TC.
That's probably fair to a degree and one could admire your conviction.
I doubt anyone would be here if they believed otherwise - long term.
It's what's inbetween that isn't so black and white and there are many shareholders in different situations.
Having taken your approach but also relying on the ability to take profits along the way or at least at some point puts recent shenanigans and the suspension in a bit of a different light. Especially at a key time when everyone believed we were headded to DFS and FID.
I think however from previous posts that you also understand that, the frustrations of dealing with a corrupted system and the somewhat opaque approach from management as well as their continued lack lustre projections. Just wanting to make the distinction.
I'd like to think that's one of the key differences between here and HC at least amongst genuine shareholders.
Dunno maybe I'm dreaming?
Personally, once I'm free carried and paid off some debt I couldn't really give a toss how long it takes as long as we get there. I'll be kicking back on the Amalfi coast before you can say boo.
Right now I need this shit to be sorted and it's getting a bit long in the tooth.

• Fire

Winenut

Go AVZ!
It's what's inbetween that isn't so black and white and there are many shareholders in different situations.
Having taken your approach but also relying on the ability to take profits along the way or at least at some point puts recent shenanigans and the suspension in a bit of a different light. Especially at a key time when everyone believed we were headded to DFS and FID.
I think however from previous posts that you also understand that, the frustrations of dealing with a corrupted system and the somewhat opaque approach from management as well as their continued lack lustre projections. Just wanting to make the distinction.
I'd like to think that's one of the key differences between here and HC at least amongst genuine shareholders.
Personally, once I'm free carried and paid off some debt I couldn't really give a toss how long it takes as long as we get there. I'll be kicking back on the Amalfi coast before you can say boo.
Right now I need this shit to be sorted and it's getting a bit long in the tooth.
Maybe my villa will end up close to yours?

Although I do like Liguria as well :ROFLMAO:

:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
My confidence tapered upon reading more, see page 5. on subjective opinion, versus objective.

It is not easy to escape disclosure requirements. There is no clause for “fair go”.

The “decision” dished out by a court in Lubumbashi was a verdict of the jurisdiction. Corrupt as it may well be it’s an adverse action intended to affect the progress of the company, that if I had known about in January I would have taken some shares off the table. Everyone is here, to hear the heart beat of AVZ and knows they would do same upon learning of the adverse actions of a Dathcom partner.

May be Der Geist is right, when the malfeasance and heat turned up advice was, go into suspension. When Zijin reacted on its website that must have been decisive for AVZ and fits chronology. But the Lubumbashi judgment or “decision” is not a “supposition” or “speculation” is a reasonable view to hold imo

AVZ needs to explain its reasoning.

Geez mate

1662353328524.jpeg

Speaking for every single shareholder that they would react exactly the same as you if given a piece of information?

Really?....

Stop pulling your dick

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

TheCount

Regular
1 regret could be not taking profits along the way, sure. That may put a few bucks back in your bank account but you end up with less shares and when this baby flies that just means less profit. Trust me, I get it and question myself often. Easy for me to say with a small entry price, but I do not gloat about it. If I was genuinely concerned about AVZ I would sell down 'some'. Alas, I am not a trader and often lack the discipline to contemplate parting with any of my 700,000 shares.

Since Oct 2017 I have paid careful attention to HC and read everything else I could find. Since then AVZ has been mocked and belittled and the BOD have borne the brunt of many attacks on their ability and credibility. Fast forward to today and I can say that every single negative post (eg: missed timeline, sovereign risk etc etc) means "nothing" because we've proven them all wrong. If any of those negative comments were true, we wouldn't be where we are today.

We're experiencing an attack on all 4 fronts, from 4 Goliaths, so it is only natural to question AVZ's ability. We've sailed through arbitration (and saved JAG's nuts) without a single word from the BOD. A Country of no less than the second largest economy in the entire World has us in their cross-hairs and we are winning the battle.

I generally post smart-arsed comical posts with an occasional tug at the heart attempt because I am so comfortable where AVZ is right now. There are enough good quality researchers here and on the crapper that you don't need me posting more.

I'll will however repeat something I used to say to newbies often on the crapper. "We are all different and here for different reasons - what does YOUR trading plan say? Follow it. If it turns against you, learn and re-write your plan." My plan says "sit on your hands".

Cheers.
TC.

PS - don't take it as an omen but "Crumblin' down" by Mellencamp is playing right now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
1 regret could be not taking profits along the way, sure. That may put a few bucks back in your bank account but you end up with less shares and when this baby flies that just means less profit. Trust me, I get it and question myself often. Easy for me to say with a small entry price, but I do not gloat about it. If I was genuinely concerned about AVZ I would sell down 'some'. Alas, I am not a trader and often lack the discipline to contemplate parting with any of my 700,000 shares.

Since Oct 2017 I have paid careful attention to HC and read everything else I could find. Since then AVZ has been mocked and belittled and the BOD have borne the brunt of many attacks on their ability and credibility. Fast forward to today and I can say that every single negative post (eg: missed timeline, sovereign risk etc etc) means "nothing" because we've proven them all wrong. If any of those negative comments were true, we wouldn't be where we are today.

We're experiencing an attack on all 4 fronts, from 4 Goliaths, so it is only natural to question AVZ's ability. We've sailed through arbitration (and saved JAG's nuts) without a single word from the BOD. A Country of no less than the second largest economy in the entire World has us in their cross-hairs and we are winning the battle.

I generally post smart-arsed comical posts with an occasional tug at the heart attempt because I am so comfortable where AVZ is right now. There are enough good quality researchers here and on the crapper that you don't need me posting more.

I'll will however repeat something I used to say to newbies often on the crapper. "We are all different and here for different reasons - what does YOUR trading plan say? Follow it. If it turns against you, learn and re-write your plan." My plan says "sit on your hands".

Cheers.
TC.

PS - don't take it as an omen but "Crumblin' down" by Mellencamp is playing right now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Do you listen to music all day there Count?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

TheCount

Regular
Do you listen to music all day there Count?
G'day 'Nut.

Still at home recovering from the detached retina, so it helps pass the day whilst I get some work done too - got to keep the income coming in..

I stumbled onto iHeart Radio Lost 80's hits about a week ago and it brings back many memories!

TC.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

LOCKY82

Regular
I would imagine management are constantly consulting lawyers and ASIC on their obligations regards disclosing this or that and would be shocked to hear otherwise. If they did update us everytime something that may be slightly of concern from what's happening on the ground in the DRC I don't think any of us would have a penny left invested in AVZ. I'm sure we all had a good think and some reservations before investing because of location, now imagine announcements ontop of that everytime some snake was sniffing around! I have to trust management and their experience in Africa, and that they are playing between the lines and doing what's in everyone's best interests. The silence can feel deafening sometimes but it's also draining the swamp of all the sneaky buggers! Imo

Reactions: 16 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
G'day 'Nut.

Still at home recovering from the detached retina, so it helps pass the day whilst I get some work done too - got to keep the income coming in..

I stumbled onto iHeart Radio Lost 80's hits about a week ago and it brings back many memories!

TC.
Of course

Hope the recovery is going well

I thought all those songs you kept quoting were decidely 80's

Now I know why! :p

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

JAG

Top 20

Cheers.
TC.

1662356194496.jpeg

• Haha
  • Thinking

JAG

Top 20
1662357753780.png

Peterg

Does anyone have any real news? Loosing faith in the AVZ team.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Samus

Top 20

Cheers.
TC.

:unsure: maybe you could have a word to my accountant? I've told him it'll be fine but he ain't having a bar of it. :eek:

Mind you if I had have listened to that dick head I'd be down 8% instead of up 800% :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking
G'day 'Nut.

TC.
I’m glad you and Nuts cleared that up Count, I don’t know why I keep thinking you had an operation for a detached rectum!

• Haha
  • Wow
Top Bottom