AVZ Discussion 2022

Hah … is this question laid in order to trigger another pineapple session 😬… Mate , last known and it tied right in with The foxes posts ; that it was apparently basically ready to pick up late last week . Negotiations are apparently done and dusted …; it’s 11am in DRC ; I think Nigel will be punching walls or the Cami Clerk right in the mush after this evenings news

Apparently no reason for it not to be already out and announced …. As I said in a previous post ; certainly wouldn’t surprised me if Klaus , Cong or co using their channels , which would include Cami Jean , jammed something in the gears to hold this thing up past 1st Sept ; things didn’t roll the way they wanted …. Get a punch in anyway … who knows , was fully expecting news last week , but this index deadline did play in my mind
Obe, was disappointing dropping out of both ASX200 & 300, but mostly if it gives the shorter’s an opportunity to make a profit. My own personal opinion is that if ownership and ML are both sorted before we open again, there will be plenty of big money wanting in. Companies that are in the know of Manono’s size, grade and potential, perhaps battery and car manufacturers at the top of the list, I don’t know. The scariest thing would be if big Chinese companies bought heavily. I don’t know how much capital funds put in, but I suspect big mining companies, manufacturers or banks could easily raise similar capital and I personally am thinking about selling my BRN, FFX and LLL to scoop up more AVZ as we all know with ownership, ML, BFS, FID and the supply versus demand equation this could double in a week coming out of suspension. I really like those other companies I hold, but with the right announcements from AVZ I think I would go all in. Besides all that, I’ve seen the funds and their analysts manipulate the shit out of companies, investment banks too I suppose, but just my own personal thoughts

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users
C

ChrisU

It's now 119 days since we last traded

Currently the 7th extension to the initial supposed 9 day suspension

77 days since an official update on arbitration with Zijin

49 days since an official update on the mining license

The communication from AVZ management about what's happening and how long the suspension will take has been appalling. It would have been better for them to initially say it will take 6 months and we will let you know if it is sorted sooner. This 2 weeks at a time shit doesn't reflect well on their sources of information or ability to run the company.

I don't buy the idea that they have been told by lawyers to not say anything because their lawyer Christian Lukusa is running his mouth about company events on twitter and in press conferences. Even if true they should just put out an announcement saying that they aren't currently able to clarify matters because of legal advice.

The fact that management are so nonchalant about having peoples money tied up while offering no news or sacrifice on their own behalf eg salary reductions or forfeiture of gifted shares is a fucking joke. The reputational damage suffered by the company will last long past the suspension ending. Many people that were on the fence about investing in AVZ will never touch it now. Not worth the risk of having funds made unavailable for such a lengthy period of time.

To make matters worse we have been removed from the ASX200 and ASX300. All of the happy talk on here of an opportunity to buy the dip misses that the whole point of suspension was to preserve shareholder value. Now a few hundred million net shares will need to be sold which will most likely force down the price. Those shares will also be available to be traded in the future rather than being held by firm hands.

After holding through 5 years of delays and missed self imposed imminent deadlines I have almost lost faith in management's ability to deliver a positive outcome for shareholders. Despite all the Chinese whispers on this forum about a resolution being close it seems from official announcements that we are no where near getting the license and trade resuming. If the DRC continue to delay things and management don't have the desire to take them to court to force the issue then at this point I hope cash is right and we are for sale.
“…If the DRC continue to delay things and management don't have the desire to take them to court to force the issue then at this point I hope cash is right and we are for sale….”

I think management would be more aggressive post mining license acquisition.

Curious thing is, Zijin executives have not been arrested for colluding with Cominiere.

This suggests Cong won’t be either.

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users
Obe, was disappointing dropping out of both ASX200 & 300, but mostly if it gives the shorter’s an opportunity to make a profit. My own personal opinion is that if ownership and ML are both sorted before we open again, there will be plenty of big money wanting in. Companies that are in the know of Manono’s size, grade and potential, perhaps battery and car manufacturers at the top of the list, I don’t know. The scariest thing would be if big Chinese companies bought heavily. I don’t know how much capital funds put in, but I suspect big mining companies, manufacturers or banks could easily raise similar capital and I personally am thinking about selling my BRN, FFX and LLL to scoop up more AVZ as we all know with ownership, ML, BFS, FID and the supply versus demand equation this could double in a week coming out of suspension. I really like those other companies I hold, but with the right announcements from AVZ I think I would go all in. Besides all that, I’ve seen the funds and their analysts manipulate the shit out of companies, investment banks too I suppose, but just my own personal thoughts
Just to add to my last post @obe wan, given the Chinese play a long game and given how bad they want this project and know how much it will be worth when producing, I wouldn’t be surprised if they bid above the market price on opening just to make sure they got their greedy little hands on more of our shares, I’m considering doing that myself. Come to think of it, Saudi’s probably wouldn’t mind a piece of our company too

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

TDITD

Top 20
If someone’s dead, it may as well be Cong… much rather a rampant criminal like him

• Fire
Reactions: 1 users

cruiser51

Top 20
“…If the DRC continue to delay things and management don't have the desire to take them to court to force the issue then at this point I hope cash is right and we are for sale….”

I think management would be more aggressive post mining license acquisition.

Curious thing is, Zijin executives have not been arrested for colluding with Cominiere.

This suggests Cong won’t be either.

The Court of Auditors revitalized to join the field of the fight against financial predation. The hours of thieves are numbered.

TDITD

Top 20

The Court of Auditors revitalized to join the field of the fight against financial predation. The hours of thieves are numbered.

If there’s one thing they like doing it’s talking, action please, movement someone somewhere move a limb to show us your alive……..an then fkn get a move on!
Talking Go On GIF by Kev Lavery

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

cruiser51

Top 20
If there’s one thing they like doing it’s talking, action please, movement someone somewhere move a limb to show us your alive……..an then fkn get a move on!
Talking Go On GIF by Kev Lavery
They are masters in signing huge books, which they hang in the toilet after, not to read.

Reactions: 1 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I've not seen so many blowins for quite a while....

Wonder where they're comin' from and why?

mmm.....

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Without any histeria I suspect we failed the liquidity requirement for inclusion in the ASX 200 and that's why we're out

It is what it is

SP won't change whilst in suspension

SP will change when we are out of suspension

But when that occurs the SP will potentially have a multitude of different forces at play in the market than now

So grab the popcorn

There's a lot to still play out...

1662133295282.gif

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

obe wan

Regular
Looks like we may have some movement....after the 1st..who would have guessed

F292B1EC-0578-4942-9127-17F3559DC3EC.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 51 users
The communication has been poor, but it’s not been in their hands as to when this can come back out of suspension. Also the ‘less communication’ is less for those who’ve been trying to steal our asset we’ve poured 10s of millions into an developed it to a stage where it’s now ready to start construction, why give them anything to work with.
It’s obvious what’s happened even now with Cong still acting the prick, so a little strategic silence from management I’m fine with. Politics also play into the silence, hard to get decisions going our way if we are going to publicly slam the government every two weeks over their lethargic decision making.
It honestly seems fairly clear why they haven’t been able to clarify much and I’d bet the board would expect it’s holders to know this too.
End of the day am I happy with the communication, not really but I understand. Am I happy with the companies efforts during the corruption and shithousery, yes definitely so far.
The not having funds available jibe is just silly, as if the company will swing in and out of suspension for its lifetime so nobody will ever invest in AVZ to protect their ‘funds’. Yea when I’m collecting those divvies each year I’ll be terrified.
Taking DRC govt to court ? Really, it’s certainly not that bad. There has been progress, so it’s looking like cong will go the same way.
If your a genuine holder of 5 years we have been through some shit which would have prepared you for more shit, we seem to be served up shit regularly, but look at the MC look at the fundamentals and soon look at that farken BFS if you want to genuinely sell before we go mining be my guest you will be well in profit and well done for that. Personally I’m holding, as holding it for so long only to sell out before we go mining seems a crazy idea to me.
I’m thinking of holding at least 66% for those yearly divvies, being the biggest lithium mine in an EV an Energy storage revolution to last decades with lithium being the golden child well I think that’s a once in a lifetime opportunity not to pass up. But you likely think I’m crazy too lol.
Yeah I get that the board may be using silence as a tactic. I don't expect them to be constantly slamming the DRC government as that would obviously be unproductive. But again it doesn't add up to me that they are silent and their lawyer is allowed to talk. Surely they can release the same information that he is saying publicly in official announcements. Or they should just come out and say that they can't comment further until everything is sorted.

Management have an awful track record of over promising and under delivering with the mining license. The initial announcement on the the 17th of May 2021 (link above) said that they expect the granting of the licence to be expedited by the DRC government. Then we had constant claims of the license being a few weeks away and Nigel's champagne at Christmas comment. I understand that they are relying on information given to them and that things change but at some point they should have wised up to the games being played and tempered expectations.

Whether you like it or not investors generally don't want the uncertainty of not being able to access funds without being told why. Look at that Maja woman on Twitter that lost 350k by forfeiting on a house. Obviously she is irresponsible for putting herself in that situation but at the same time there are others in similar circumstances and stories like that won't sit well with potential investors.

I personally know people with deep pockets either for themselves or with the investment funds they work for that constantly crapped on to me over the years about sovereign risk in the DRC. Earlier this year they were finally saying that they would consider buying when we get the license. Now they won't ever touch it even if they miss out on great returns because it's not worth the risk of not being able to access their money if they need it.

I don't expect management to swing in and out of trading just so people can access funds. I'd rather be suspended until everything is sorted but also recognise that markets wouldn't function properly if companies could just halt whenever they felt the share price would drop. We traded through all other parts of this process and in my opinion the only justification for this action was to avoid our offer to Cominiere for the 15% that included AVZ shares being devalued as I have said here previously.

As for taking the DRC government to court I should have clarified that I was referring to the comment made by Nigel in this interview (link above) released on the 29th of September 2021. In his response to the question about the license progress at 3.05 he says that the DRC government have 30 days (It says 30 business days in the the DRC mining code) from the favourable opinion being put in place to award the licence otherwise AVZ can have it issued by court order.

I support management not pursuing that legal option as it would be a terrible way to start the project. Also the chances of us actually winning that case would be practically zero. If Zijin and Cong can snack their way to favourable decisions then the government could easily provide a lifetime all you can eat buffet for the judge hearing the case.

Yes holding through these years has certainly made me tolerant to the shit we have had to endure and will continue to face. I certainly wasn't unaware when I invested that it would be a difficult operating environment and have repeatedly been reminded of that by others. I don't think anyone here is crazy for wanting to hold long term but if we are being played and this is going to drag on and on then I would be open to a take over.

Ultimately I aim to hold around 90% of my shares until dividends if all goes well with the license so if anything I am crazier than you. I just don't like the can being kicked down the road endlessly without any sort of communication or show of solidarity from the board when they have commented on matters previously.

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

What's a gold bar that's covered in slung shit worth??

Same as a clean gold bar to most people.

Think you are onto something with the cheap shot by CAMI to take us out of the asx 200 obewan. If so then silver linings I guess.

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Doc

Master of Quan

Roller62

Regular

View attachment 15726
Mmmmm - A Research Permit not covering the whole of the original 13359, well it's movement but that's about all.

1662155651222.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

TDITD

Top 20
Yeah I get that the board may be using silence as a tactic. I don't expect them to be constantly slamming the DRC government as that would obviously be unproductive. But again it doesn't add up to me that they are silent and their lawyer is allowed to talk. Surely they can release the same information that he is saying publicly in official announcements. Or they should just come out and say that they can't comment further until everything is sorted.

Management have an awful track record of over promising and under delivering with the mining license. The initial announcement on the the 17th of May 2021 (link above) said that they expect the granting of the licence to be expedited by the DRC government. Then we had constant claims of the license being a few weeks away and Nigel's champagne at Christmas comment. I understand that they are relying on information given to them and that things change but at some point they should have wised up to the games being played and tempered expectations.

Whether you like it or not investors generally don't want the uncertainty of not being able to access funds without being told why. Look at that Maja woman on Twitter that lost 350k by forfeiting on a house. Obviously she is irresponsible for putting herself in that situation but at the same time there are others in similar circumstances and stories like that won't sit well with potential investors.

I personally know people with deep pockets either for themselves or with the investment funds they work for that constantly crapped on to me over the years about sovereign risk in the DRC. Earlier this year they were finally saying that they would consider buying when we get the license. Now they won't ever touch it even if they miss out on great returns because it's not worth the risk of not being able to access their money if they need it.

I don't expect management to swing in and out of trading just so people can access funds. I'd rather be suspended until everything is sorted but also recognise that markets wouldn't function properly if companies could just halt whenever they felt the share price would drop. We traded through all other parts of this process and in my opinion the only justification for this action was to avoid our offer to Cominiere for the 15% that included AVZ shares being devalued as I have said here previously.

As for taking the DRC government to court I should have clarified that I was referring to the comment made by Nigel in this interview (link above) released on the 29th of September 2021. In his response to the question about the license progress at 3.05 he says that the DRC government have 30 days (It says 30 business days in the the DRC mining code) from the favourable opinion being put in place to award the licence otherwise AVZ can have it issued by court order.

I support management not pursuing that legal option as it would be a terrible way to start the project. Also the chances of us actually winning that case would be practically zero. If Zijin and Cong can snack their way to favourable decisions then the government could easily provide a lifetime all you can eat buffet for the judge hearing the case.

Yes holding through these years has certainly made me tolerant to the shit we have had to endure and will continue to face. I certainly wasn't unaware when I invested that it would be a difficult operating environment and have repeatedly been reminded of that by others. I don't think anyone here is crazy for wanting to hold long term but if we are being played and this is going to drag on and on then I would be open to a take over.

Ultimately I aim to hold around 90% of my shares until dividends if all goes well with the license so if anything I am crazier than you. I just don't like the can being kicked down the road endlessly without any sort of communication or show of solidarity from the board when they have commented on matters previously.

A considered and comprehensive answer to which my friend I almost entirely agree.
Stay crazy 🤪

Reactions: 5 users

Dom1974

Regular
Is that covering the whole of the area that AVZ originally applied for, for the ML permit, with the unshaded area under the new exploration permit? Basically how it was before the shitstorm erupted. If Momentum are doing their job, things should go back to the way it was as per the mining code.

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users
Mmmmm - A Research Permit not covering the whole of the original 13359, well it's movement but that's about all.
Nope. Upper right corner suggest transformation permit research (pr) to permit exploitation (pe)

• Thinking

The Fox

Regular
Agreed.

On this matter, some in AVZ and the DRC have expected,

- The entire original claim to move from PR to PE.

- The Southern section (as per screen shot previous post) to be issued a PE with balance of Northern section reissued under a PR for 5 years.

- Retain Southern section under PE and balance of Northern section goes to AJN / Klaus / Cong / Congo Resources / Minister of Portfolio (Princess fuck face)

CAMI was compromised as we know, (new personnel are slow) this has been the time consuming bottle neck. As advised this was one of the items that was apparently sorted, so we wait on the processing of most likely the second item/option above, unless the ground has changed in the last few days and Klaus and friends have found some renewed support or strategy that changes things for AVZ, although unlikely, not even AVZ and their good lawyers can get in front of every attack the company has faced.

Cheers The Fox 🦊

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 33 users

Berabakan

Not a poster, but I have been here on TSE since near the beginning reading all of the 490 pages of comments along the way, no need to post and regurgitate the same ole comments that many make, but very thankful of the ‘smarts’ which is here….

Initially AVZ was 100% of my holdings, now they are probably 25% but it is the one I give a shit about the most…

Anyways, just an observation, we get excited about going into the ASX200 with actual uncertainty still sitting over ML etc, as everyone knows when you get into ASX200, you are then controlled by the instos in relation to SP, so we then complain like shit whilst in asx200, then when something like this happens we are complaining that we are now not in asx200, me, well I’m stoked, I’ve seen my other 75% of holdings been treated like games by the instos and that has pissed me off, SYA, CXO, RNU etc. If we are going to play with the big boys with the biggest Lithium mine in the world lets have our shit sorted, then play and have that protection around us. Stoked we have been in holding pattern whilst the world of SP’s have gone to shit for many

So, I am patient as all hell, SP can still do its thing outside of ASX200, AVZ can still do its thing…then lets re-enter ASX200 in whatever time as rock solid as ever and I would hope that it is a whole different scenario with the instos controlling our SP

Optimistic maybe
Hopeful maybe
Happy

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users
Top Bottom