AVZ Discussion 2022

Removal from the ASX 200/300 could hurt some super accounts if there is mandatory selling..

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

wombat74

Top 20
Removal because we basically didn’t trade at all and classed as no being recommended for a particular level of investment at this stage.

We’ll have to do the whole march back to the 300/200… can’t get back in for 6 months after getting kicked out ; so we’ll be 12 months before we re enter….
Don't mean to put you on the spot @obe wan . Are you still confident will be out of suspension imminently-ish ?

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

9cardomaha

Regular
Don't mean to put you on the spot @obe wan . Are you still confident will be out of suspension imminently-ish ?
lol always asking the tough questions.

Time is relative, whats a few more days, weeks or months when:

1662108238333.png

Reactions: 5 users

wombat74

Top 20
lol always asking the tough questions.

Time is relative, whats a few more days, weeks or months when:

View attachment 15712
Only asking those in the know . I've been here over 4 years . Starting buying at 4 cents .Well over 1 million shares numb nuts . I've got all the time in the world . Obe wan the same . I enjoy his commentary .

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

SilentOne

Regular
I am not overly worried about AVZ being jettisoned from the ASX 200 and ASX 300. Though you might find that some Super Funds may have to review their investments in AVZ it does not change the value of the Lithium in the ground nor does it change the life of the mine. Interesting to note Shorters may need to settle their position and be compelled to buy shares (a thought bubble on my behalf).

It will be an opportunity for large corporates to take a position in AVZ. Once AVZ is again trading though AVZ is not on the ASX 200 or ASX 300 in my opinion it will only be short lived.

I trust Nigel and his team implicitly and they are currently navigating the complexity of the DRC conundrum. I am all in and not losing sleep.

I would also like to note their is sovereign risk associated with investing in Australia with not knowing what State and Federal Governments are going to do in the future. Coal is a perfect example and the Japanese being upset with the QLD Government changing the tax structure.

I like AVZ but I suggest people do their own research and seek professional advice - this is not financial advice but my personal held opinion.

Regards,

Reactions: 6 users

Onthefm

Regular
true so our MC is ??
What ever the take over party says. After all this bs fa I'd say. That's my retirement well and truly postponed if not rooted. Depending on the TO price.

JAG

Top 20
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

JAG

Top 20
And who the F are you?
Ahh thats right. We have been infiltrated by the gang all of a sudden. You wont last long here Pal!

Which one are you @9cardomaha just out of curiosity......

1662110572171.jpeg

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Spikerama

Regular
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

9cardomaha

Regular
Ahh thats right. We have been infiltrated by the gang all of a sudden. You wont last long here Pal!

Which one are you @9cardomaha just out of curiosity......

View attachment 15716
yeah fair, I guess i look like a 4?

my off shoot comment to wombat was just a joke, apologies if it was taken wrongly.

i have not provided any opinion on the matter and have mainly asked questions to further my understanding i guess looks like concern. but they were genuine questions. My other posts have just been for banters sake. guess its all looking like i'm trying to build trust not doing a good job at proving my innocence.

but man, i don't purport to know anything more than what's been said here and what's been sent on twitter, i don't take a stance or question any information that is provided, i don't follow up questions on info provided if i already have my own views or i've seen previous comments.

Take it or leave it i don't really care. i'll likely continue to post banter and read all the updates, adding my questions where i don't understand or would like clarification.

AND honestly was just a bloody joke, meant nothing of it.

Reactions: 6 users

JAG

Top 20
yeah fair, I guess i look like a 4?

my off shoot comment to wombat was just a joke, apologies if it was taken wrongly.

i have not provided any opinion on the matter and have mainly asked questions to further my understanding i guess looks like concern. but they were genuine questions. My other posts have just been for banters sake. guess its all looking like i'm trying to build trust not doing a good job at proving my innocence.

but man, i don't purport to know anything more than what's been said here and what's been sent on twitter, i don't take a stance or question any information that is provided, i don't follow up questions on info provided if i already have my own views or i've seen previous comments.

Take it or leave it i don't really care. i'll likely continue to post banter and read all the updates, adding my questions where i don't understand or would like clarification.

AND honestly was just a bloody joke, meant nothing of it.
All good, just don't use my tweets as off shoots to take the piss especially with wombat....he has sharp claws(y)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

obe wan

Regular
Hah … is this question laid in order to trigger another pineapple session 😬… Mate , last known and it tied right in with The foxes posts ; that it was apparently basically ready to pick up late last week . Negotiations are apparently done and dusted …; it’s 11am in DRC ; I think Nigel will be punching walls or the Cami Clerk right in the mush after this evenings news

Apparently no reason for it not to be already out and announced …. As I said in a previous post ; certainly wouldn’t surprised me if Klaus , Cong or co using their channels , which would include Cami Jean , jammed something in the gears to hold this thing up past 1st Sept ; things didn’t roll the way they wanted …. Get a punch in anyway … who knows , was fully expecting news last week , but this index deadline did play in my mind

Reactions: 26 users

wombat74

Top 20
Hah … is this question laid in order to trigger another pineapple session 😬… Mate , last known and it tied right in with The foxes posts ; that it was apparently basically ready to pick up late last week . Negotiations are apparently done and dusted …; it’s 11am in DRC ; I think Nigel will be punching walls or the Cami Clerk right in the mush after this evenings news

Apparently no reason for it not to be already out and announced …. As I said in a previous post ; certainly wouldn’t surprised me if Klaus , Cong or co using their channels , which would include Cami Jean , jammed something in the gears to hold this thing up past 1st Sept ; things didn’t roll the way they wanted …. Get a punch in anyway … who knows , was fully expecting news last week , but this index deadline did play in my mind
Ok Thanks again mate . Yes I suspect Nigel would love to crack a few skulls right about now . Lets hope the barrage of good news to come softens the blow and the SP can start making traction once again . Cheers

Reactions: 17 users
It's now 119 days since we last traded

Currently the 7th extension to the initial supposed 9 day suspension

77 days since an official update on arbitration with Zijin

49 days since an official update on the mining license

The communication from AVZ management about what's happening and how long the suspension will take has been appalling. It would have been better for them to initially say it will take 6 months and we will let you know if it is sorted sooner. This 2 weeks at a time shit doesn't reflect well on their sources of information or ability to run the company.

I don't buy the idea that they have been told by lawyers to not say anything because their lawyer Christian Lukusa is running his mouth about company events on twitter and in press conferences. Even if true they should just put out an announcement saying that they aren't currently able to clarify matters because of legal advice.

The fact that management are so nonchalant about having peoples money tied up while offering no news or sacrifice on their own behalf eg salary reductions or forfeiture of gifted shares is a fucking joke. The reputational damage suffered by the company will last long past the suspension ending. Many people that were on the fence about investing in AVZ will never touch it now. Not worth the risk of having funds made unavailable for such a lengthy period of time.

To make matters worse we have been removed from the ASX200 and ASX300. All of the happy talk on here of an opportunity to buy the dip misses that the whole point of suspension was to preserve shareholder value. Now a few hundred million net shares will need to be sold which will most likely force down the price. Those shares will also be available to be traded in the future rather than being held by firm hands.

After holding through 5 years of delays and missed self imposed imminent deadlines I have almost lost faith in management's ability to deliver a positive outcome for shareholders. Despite all the Chinese whispers on this forum about a resolution being close it seems from official announcements that we are no where near getting the license and trade resuming. If the DRC continue to delay things and management don't have the desire to take them to court to force the issue then at this point I hope cash is right and we are for sale.

Reactions: 23 users
Don’t despair Carlos

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Dom1974

Regular
Hi Fox, have any up to the minute news from on the ground re: ML?

Reactions: 1 users

Onthefm

Regular

The communication from AVZ management about what's happening and how long the suspension will take has been appalling. It would have been better for them to initially say it will take 6 months and we will let you know if it is sorted sooner. This 2 weeks at a time shit doesn't reflect well on their sources of information or ability to run the company.

I don't buy the idea that they have been told by lawyers to not say anything because their lawyer Christian Lukusa is running his mouth about company events on twitter and in press conferences. Even if true they should just put out an announcement saying that they aren't currently able to clarify matters because of legal advice.

The fact that management are so nonchalant about having peoples money tied up while offering no news or sacrifice on their own behalf eg salary reductions or forfeiture of gifted shares is a fucking joke. The reputational damage suffered by the company will last long past the suspension ending. Many people that were on the fence about investing in AVZ will never touch it now. Not worth the risk of having funds made unavailable for such a lengthy period of time.

To make matters worse we have been removed from the ASX200 and ASX300. All of the happy talk on here of an opportunity to buy the dip misses that the whole point of suspension was to preserve shareholder value. Now a few hundred million net shares will need to be sold which will most likely force down the price. Those shares will also be available to be traded in the future rather than being held by firm hands.

After holding through 5 years of delays and missed self imposed imminent deadlines I have almost lost faith in management's ability to deliver a positive outcome for shareholders. Despite all the Chinese whispers on this forum about a resolution being close it seems from official announcements that we are no where near getting the license and trade resuming. If the DRC continue to delay things and management don't have the desire to take them to court to force the issue then at this point I hope cash is right and we are for sale.
I recon that's about right. Mmm all that time sitting at the trough in Perth. Nothing to see here Nothing to see here. And here we are.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

The Fox

Regular
Hi Fox, have any up to the minute news from on the ground re: ML?
Howdy Dom,

Working on it, either tonight or tomorrow I hope.

Cheers The Fox 🦊

Reactions: 24 users

TDITD

Top 20

The communication has been poor, but it’s not been in their hands as to when this can come back out of suspension. Also the ‘less communication’ is less for those who’ve been trying to steal our asset we’ve poured 10s of millions into an developed it to a stage where it’s now ready to start construction, why give them anything to work with.
It’s obvious what’s happened even now with Cong still acting the prick, so a little strategic silence from management I’m fine with. Politics also play into the silence, hard to get decisions going our way if we are going to publicly slam the government every two weeks over their lethargic decision making.
It honestly seems fairly clear why they haven’t been able to clarify much and I’d bet the board would expect it’s holders to know this too.
End of the day am I happy with the communication, not really but I understand. Am I happy with the companies efforts during the corruption and shithousery, yes definitely so far.
The not having funds available jibe is just silly, as if the company will swing in and out of suspension for its lifetime so nobody will ever invest in AVZ to protect their ‘funds’. Yea when I’m collecting those divvies each year I’ll be terrified.
Taking DRC govt to court ? Really, it’s certainly not that bad. There has been progress, so it’s looking like cong will go the same way.
If your a genuine holder of 5 years we have been through some shit which would have prepared you for more shit, we seem to be served up shit regularly, but look at the MC look at the fundamentals and soon look at that farken BFS if you want to genuinely sell before we go mining be my guest you will be well in profit and well done for that. Personally I’m holding, as holding it for so long only to sell out before we go mining seems a crazy idea to me.
I’m thinking of holding at least 66% for those yearly divvies, being the biggest lithium mine in an EV an Energy storage revolution to last decades with lithium being the golden child well I think that’s a once in a lifetime opportunity not to pass up. But you likely think I’m crazy too lol.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Charbella

Regular
Howdy Dom,

Working on it, either tonight or tomorrow I hope.

Cheers The Fox 🦊

Hi Fox,

I hope the ML will drop!
Seems like everything happens on a Saturday in the DRC.

Cheers,

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom