AVZ Discussion 2022

Remark

Top 20
Just had a look at the Cami office and it shares its address with a night club and no chimney on the building.
To get white smoke they will have to burn the joint down.
Sounds like a plan :LOL:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
D

Deleted member 1612

Kicking And Screaming Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

This is me at work today. Getting a bit impatient for the ‘imminent’ announcement…

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

TheCount

Regular
Kicking And Screaming Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

This is me at work today. Getting a bit impatient for the ‘imminent’ announcement…
rolling-eyes-eyeroll.gif

This is what Dina would do . . . . . . .
TC.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

TDITD

Top 20
Never thought I would experience a short squeeze on a stock I am heavily invested in, this could be life changing. Could any honest shorters explain how the will handle the opening?
'Honest Shorters' 😂

* "Here we have a very very rare animal, that will most definitely burn" *
R.gif

Whose turn is it, are Zijin finished yet ?
pineapple no GIF

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

TDITD

Top 20
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

TheCount

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

TheCount

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

cruiser51

Top 20
View attachment 14931

Answer = RETIREMENT!!
TC.

For every 1,000,000 shares @ 25 cents dividend, an income of $250,000/annum and that is tax free in retirement, if you hold the shares in your superfund. :cool::oops::rolleyes:🥳 (not telling the missus:eek:)🕺

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Bin59

Regular
#Tantalex/#Minocom cannot do work on the tailings (eg. drilling/exploiting) on our concession unless they hav permission w $AVZ / #Dathcom who own surface rights(the underlay)

Just wondering - do Dathcom actually OWN the surface rights yet if the surface rights fees haven’t been calculated, paid & ML issued? Or do the surface rights still exist with their current exploration permit?

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

The Fox

Regular
Good question.

If you are interested in some research, here is a good English translation of the Mining Code.

And here is a summary of the Code in English.

Having trouble finding the full articles for the 2018 amendments in English.

However this publication gives an overview / summary of the amendments at the time they came in.

If you come across the words 30% of turnover as the corporate tax, this is not the case, it is 30% of profit, something lost in translation on some of the information. 30% of turnover would never work of course.

One of the interesting items I noticed in the amendments was the tax offset/concession stability period for a new mine was reduced from 10 years to 5 years which is expected for AVZ, which is fair I guess......bugger, 10 years would have been magnificent.

Lastly, no updates from on the ground, its very quiet, the glass half full in me says something positive will happen today (DRC time) regarding CAMI and reported in due course. With Cami advising (yesterday DRC time) that white smoke expected within a few days, so maybe this extends things a short time, however with the change in attitude by Cami as reported, the last barriers to ML being issued should fall at any time. (this week would be very nice)

Cheers The Fox

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

blu

Regular
I wouldn't be surprised if the short squeeze isn't as spectacular as we're all hoping for. The big jump in short position was on Friday 18th Mar in prep for on our inclusion into the ASX200 on the 21st. If the build in the short position is simply insto's hedging then any rise in SP is a zero sum game, depending on how much they have hedged, so depending on their appetite for profit/risk there may not be a rush to cover.

Thoughts?

1661406861446.png
1661407211261.png

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Bin59

Regular
Good question.

If you are interested in some research, here is a good English translation of the Mining Code.

However this publication gives an overview / summary of the amendments at the time they came in.

If you come across the words 30% of turnover as the corporate tax, this is not the case, it is 30% of profit, something lost in translation on some of the information scores. 30% of turnover would never work of course.

One of the interesting items I notices in the amendments was the tax offset/concession stability period for a new mine was reduced from 10 years to 5 years which is expected for AVZ, which is fair I guess......bugger, 10 years would have been magnificent.

Lastly, no updates from on the ground, its very quiet, the glass half full in me says something positive will happen today (DRC time) regarding CAMI and reported in due course. With Cami advising (yesterday DRC time) that white smoke expected within a few days, so maybe this extends things a short time, however with the change in attitude by Cami as reported, the last barriers to ML being issued should fall at any time. (this week would be very nice)

Cheers The Fox
Thanks for your reply and update The Fox. Let’s hope CAMI get the ML sorted and good news arrives by some time next week.
Cheers!

Reactions: 5 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
I wouldn't be surprised if the short squeeze isn't as spectacular as we're all hoping for. The big jump in short position was on Friday 18th Mar in prep for on our inclusion into the ASX200 on the 21st. If the build in the short position is simply insto's hedging then any rise in SP is a zero sum game, depending on how much they have hedged, so depending on their appetite for profit/risk there may not be a rush to cover.

Thoughts?

View attachment 14938 View attachment 14940
I think you are dead right, and you’ve beaten me to verbalise it. About 90mill short hedge went on the day we entered the ASX200. I would expect that to be funds uncomfortable with investment in DRC, or were already aware of the shenanigans that had happened behind the scenes.

So, for me that portion won’t feel the burn

On the other side REMX had 69 million to sell, as AVZ was dropped from their index.

If they had lent these out to shorters, then if they have any clues, they will recall these, forcing shorters to cover, and then sell quietly ( at over $2:LOL::LOL:)

• Fire
  • Thinking

Azzler

Top 20
Good question.

If you come across the words 30% of turnover as the corporate tax, this is not the case, it is 30% of profit, something lost in translation on some of the information. 30% of turnover would never work of course.

One of the interesting items I noticed in the amendments was the tax offset/concession stability period for a new mine was reduced from 10 years to 5 years which is expected for AVZ, which is fair I guess......bugger, 10 years would have been magnificent.

Cheers The Fox
Appreciate the update Foxy,
I've been feeling especially frustrated this week, almost had a sweary rant on here about it to blow off steam!
So any information helps with the unknown.

Spring is almost here, and if I can't liquidate some funds, it's going to be so wasted...
I've already picked out my new E-mountain bike, and it's not bloody cheap!
Specialized-Levo-Comp-Carbon-Blue-7838.jpg

I had to sell my other one back in June just to get by, which wasn't too bad since I don't really like riding in winter.

I plan on living it up large this warm season, really celebrate life and go adventuring everywhere I can.

But I need my bloody money! hahaha argh.....
Assuming we all get out of this alive of course, I've learned a very valuable lesson on financial risk.

Good god though, JUST SIGN THE RUDDY LICENCE YOU SONS OF BISCUITS! ahhh hahaha I'm going mad!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

LOCKY82

Regular
I've been feeling especially frustrated this week, almost had a sweary rant on here about it to blow off steam!

Spring is almost here, and if I can't liquidate some funds, it's going to be so wasted...
I've already picked out my new E-mountain bike, and it's not bloody cheap! View attachment 14945
I had to sell my other one back in June just to get by, which wasn't too bad since I don't really like riding in winter.

I plan on living it up large this warm season, really celebrate life and go adventuring everywhere I can.

Assuming we all get out of this alive of course, I've learned a very valuable lesson on financial risk.

Good god though, JUST SIGN THE RUDDY LICENCE YOU SONS OF BISCUITS! ahhh ahahah im going mad.
Sounds like you got the avziety bad too brother! Hang in there I think our news isn't as far away now 🤞

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Flight996

Regular

I've already picked out my new E-mountain bike, and it's not bloody cheap! View attachment 14945

Good god though, JUST SIGN THE RUDDY LICENCE YOU SONS OF BISCUITS! ahhh hahaha I'm going mad!
Nice wheels Azzler.

Spring is almost here, and I'm also looking forward to a bit of fine weather so I can put some miles on this.

Cheers
F

Attachments

• 2021 Merida Big Nine SLX.JPG
    2021 Merida Big Nine SLX.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 53

Dazmac66

Regular

Thoughts?

View attachment 14938 View attachment 14940
It may still be below their buy in price but the longer they wait the less profit they lock in. Nothing gained by holding longer if zero chance of price falling further.

JAG

Top 20
1661414299084.png

Reactions: 9 users

The Fox

Regular
I think you are dead right, and you’ve beaten me to verbalise it. About 90mill short hedge went on the day we entered the ASX200. I would expect that to be funds uncomfortable with investment in DRC, or were already aware of the shenanigans that had happened behind the scenes.

So, for me that portion won’t feel the burn

On the other side REMX had 69 million to sell, as AVZ was dropped from their index.

If they had lent these out to shorters, then if they have any clues, they will recall these, forcing shorters to cover, and then sell quietly ( at over $2:LOL::LOL:)

Howdy Xerof,

I agree some of the selling prior to suspension should improve the chances of a significant rise in SP subject to no major outstanding issues at that time.

However, what are your thoughts on Yibin and Huayou which together hold 250 million shares? Are they a potential threat to our likely rise in SP temporarily or do you think they will hold tight? Obviously they didn’t sell down in the pre-suspension period which is positive of course.

It’s usually the unknown or left field event that can duck you regarding forward expectations. I hope the CCP is not an influence due to the defeat of Zijin.

Great to see Lithium Plus pick up 50 million shares during the short sellers attack, would not be surprised if they round up to 100 million or more on open.

Anyway, just wondering your thoughts on how tightly held AVZ shares are with Yibin and Huayou, all others thoughts welcome of course. Apart from spectacular shaker sellers attack that blows everyone out of the water on open, (extremely unlikely) this item around the two major Chinese shareholders is the only thing I can think of that could impact (temporarily) the SP on open.

One last more positive item is the data that came out around the time of the US guys made the visit to the DRC with regard to seeking information around AVZ. I think there is a significant yet unquantifiable interest from the US investor base that could come in over the top to acquire shares on open as well pushing things in the right direction. 👍

Cheers The Fox 🦊

• Fire

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Howdy Xerof,

I agree some of the selling prior to suspension should improve the chances of a significant rise in SP subject to no major outstanding issues at that time.

However, what are your thoughts on Yibin and Huayou which together hold 250 million shares? Are they a potential threat to our likely rise in SP temporarily or do you think they will hold tight? Obviously they didn’t sell down in the pre-suspension period which is positive of course.

It’s usually the unknown or left field event that can duck you regarding forward expectations. I hope the CCP is not an influence due to the defeat of Zijin.

Great to see Lithium Plus pick up 50 million shares during the short sellers attack, would not be surprised if they round up to 100 million or more on open.

Anyway, just wondering your thoughts on how tightly held AVZ shares are with Yibin and Huayou, all others thoughts welcome of course. Apart from spectacular shaker sellers attack that blows everyone out of the water on open, (extremely unlikely) this item around the two major Chinese shareholders is the only thing I can think of that could impact (temporarily) the SP on open.

One last more positive item is the data that came out around the time of the US guys made the visit to the DRC with regard to seeking information around AVZ. I think there is a significant yet unquantifiable interest from the US investor base that could come in over the top to acquire shares on open as well pushing things in the right direction. 👍

Cheers The Fox 🦊
What would be the benefit to Yibin and Huayou of selling down their holdings?

Would they not want to also gain from the potential upside in AVZ?

Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom