AVZ Discussion 2022

The Fox

Regular
Still confident with your original intel Fox ? The "all issues have been sorted " dude .
Howdy Wombat, I'm sure I said "apparently" re my comments around everything being sorted. Of course something unexpected can happen after such advice is given, or intel provided, however so far so good I believe. My thinking is there should be a positive announcement on ML tomorrow or Friday. I'd be disappointed if it goes into next week, but hey, what can you do. Intel doesn't come in real time I'm afraid.

Cheers The Fox 🦊

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

Frank

Top 20
Mate, that's one local Civil Group saying we would like ownership to be 50/50 etc. Nothing to do with Cami. Can't imagine many investments in resources taking place in the DRC on a 50/50 basis, it's just silly. Most developing countries work on 10% holding at the end of the day. Cheers The Fox 🦊
*Re-Most developing countries work on 10% holding at the end of the day

*Certainly seems that way Fox, as the Fortescue deal just up the road with the Gabon Government indicates,

Australia’s Fortescue Metals Group announced that its majority-owned joint venture, Ivindo Iron, has signed an exploration agreement with the Gabon Government for the Belinga iron ore project.

The agreement comprises key commercial and legal terms for the exploration of the Belinga project, allowing the grant of exploration licences to the JVfor a 4,500km² area.

Fortescue said the agreement also envisages a $90m exploration programme at the Belinga iron ore project, over a period of three years.

Fortescue Metals owns an 80% stake in Ivindo Iron while the remaining 20% is held by the Africa Transformation and Industrialisation Fund, an Africa-focused investment fund.

According to the Gabon Mining Code, the government will receive a 10% free carry interest in Ivindo Iron, upon the grant of the exploitation licences.

“We welcome the opportunity to assess the Belinga Project, which we believe is potentially one of the world’s largest undeveloped, high-grade hematite deposits.”
( Sound familiar ) ;)

Gabon Minister of Mines Elvis Ossindji said: “Holding a priority position in our country’s transformation and economy diversification strategy, this project has witnessed an acceleration in order to create added value and hundreds of jobs in our country.

“The culmination of the Belinga iron project with the Australian mining company Fortescue Metals Group and ATIF aims to strengthen the mining sector’s contribution to a thriving economy while making Gabon a benchmark mining destination.”

1661345709663.png

Reactions: 10 users

The Fox

Regular
*Re-Most developing countries work on 10% holding at the end of the day

*Certainly seems that way Fox, as the Fortescue deal just up the road with the Gabon Government indicates,

Australia’s Fortescue Metals Group announced that its majority-owned joint venture, Ivindo Iron, has signed an exploration agreement with the Gabon Government for the Belinga iron ore project.

The agreement comprises key commercial and legal terms for the exploration of the Belinga project, allowing the grant of exploration licences to the JVfor a 4,500km² area.

Fortescue said the agreement also envisages a $90m exploration programme at the Belinga iron ore project, over a period of three years.

Fortescue Metals owns an 80% stake in Ivindo Iron while the remaining 20% is held by the Africa Transformation and Industrialisation Fund, an Africa-focused investment fund.

According to the Gabon Mining Code, the government will receive a 10% free carry interest in Ivindo Iron, upon the grant of the exploitation licences.

“We welcome the opportunity to assess the Belinga Project, which we believe is potentially one of the world’s largest undeveloped, high-grade hematite deposits.”
( Sound familiar ) ;)

Gabon Minister of Mines Elvis Ossindji said: “Holding a priority position in our country’s transformation and economy diversification strategy, this project has witnessed an acceleration in order to create added value and hundreds of jobs in our country.

“The culmination of the Belinga iron project with the Australian mining company Fortescue Metals Group and ATIF aims to strengthen the mining sector’s contribution to a thriving economy while making Gabon a benchmark mining destination.”

View attachment 14882
Thanks for all that Frank.

Apart from the 10% norm, there is of course all the social betterment undertakings Aussie and similar groups look to achieve in the local communities.

This can be more impactful for local committees than equity in a project as it ensures benefits go where they are needed rather than monies disappearing into the State somewhere.

Cheers The Fox 🦊

Reactions: 21 users

Frank

Top 20
Except it is not a 50/50 contribution, is it? One party has contributed hundreds of millions of $$$ and taken on all the risk in order to develop the mine. The other party has not personally contributed anything at all, there just happened to be a natural resource under the ground at their location. Frustrating to read that, but this comment was obviously just made by some moron at the meeting who has no clue how business works.

As Fox and others have said, it was one tool at the meeting from the civil society saying this. I wouldn't read too much into this stupid quote.
I would have said, Mate, Would you prefer a corrupt Chinese Co running the show that would like to give you nothing and take everything, like other Mining projects in the DRC ( Promise the World, Give little in Return ) or an honest Aussie who is willing to give plenty in return :cautious: :rolleyes: :unsure:

• Love
Reactions: 21 users

Frank

Top 20
Thanks for all that Frank.

Apart from the 10% norm, there is of course all the social betterment undertakings Aussie and similar groups look to achieve in the local communities.

This can be more impactful for local committees than equity in a project as it ensures benefits go where they are needed rather than monies disappearing into the State somewhere.

Cheers The Fox 🦊

*Ditto, Or $$$$$ disappearing down the drain or wasted on someones Snacks :rolleyes:

Some people in the DRC / Manono need to be reminded of what we hope to achieve moving forward, especially when it comes to investment in Hydro Electricity needs the country is screaming out for and the fact that AVZ has a plan to help them out in that regard,
_2020-04-14 Cape+Town+Presentation+-+Reduced pdf.png

• Love
Reactions: 24 users

JasonM

Regular
doesnt this sound just typical of the Chinese, hopefully word is getting out on their ways and africa will start to clean up these murderous crooks.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users

wombat74

Top 20
Howdy Wombat, I'm sure I said "apparently" re my comments around everything being sorted. Of course something unexpected can happen after such advice is given, or intel provided, however so far so good I believe. My thinking is there should be a positive announcement on ML tomorrow or Friday. I'd be disappointed if it goes into next week, but hey, what can you do. Intel doesn't come in real time I'm afraid.

Cheers The Fox 🦊
Thanks mate .

Reactions: 4 users

whales

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

JAG

Top 20
1661379091048.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

JAG

Top 20
1661379122256.png

Reactions: 20 users

JAG

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Is there anyone more awkward dancing in the whole world than Bill Gates!

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
1661383080514.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Rediah

Regular
Hold my beer (couldnt find the Gif here of Elon Musk's)

Is there anyone more awkward dancing in the whole world than Bill Gates!

Reactions: 6 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

TheCount

Regular
Only thing I'm dancing on is boatman's and tommy's career graves!!

giphy-6.gif

TC.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Peterg

Any news on ML? Surly it's done now.

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

Remark

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Any news on ML? Surly it's done now.
There seems to be a generally optimistic feeling we might hear something imminently :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom