AVZ Discussion 2022

cruiser51

Top 20
I would not want to loose CDL, and I'd be surprised if it was taken off Dathcom and put into some tender / ballot / bribe system :oops: I agree and have said a number of times over the years its a great asset to either develop, sell or JV.

To be more specific, I don't care about CDL right now in comparison to getting the ML through on RD and getting the show on the road, not in the literal sense.

No doubt there has been much lobbying by other parties to get a foothold in the Manono area for obvious reasons. Was Zijin's capitulation something to do with CDL? I doubt it and hope not. It would seem outlandish to catch a crook and then reward them for handing back what they stole.

Now that the size of the RD lithium resource is better know, is the DRC Gov thinking we should redistribute CDL on better terms than what has occurred with Dathcom? Are they thinking there are too many eggs in one basket with AVZ / Cominiere? maybe, yet I hope not very likely.

Momentum Attorneys now deleted tweets shared some insight into the enormity of the offer by AVZ being to Mine+SEZ+PPP+Value Chains by all accounts never happened before on such a grand scale to benefit the DRC.

If that is the case, you would expect AVZ / Dathcom would have to be favourites to secure a 5 year EL extension for CDL. Well it won't be long before we know a lot more.

Cheers The Fox 🦊
Don’t forget about 50% of CdL is included in the current granted mining license (the section which has been drilled)

Reactions: 13 users

JAG

Top 20
1661234700812.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

JAG

Top 20
1661236896755.png

1661236917080.png

Reactions: 8 users

Frank

Top 20

Macquarie doesn’t see ‘material volume from new spodumene producers until CY23’, ups lithium price target

Aussie global financial group, Macquarie, has upgraded its lithium price outlook to reflect the current tight lithium market and buoyant spot lithium prices.

The bullish report titled ‘Australian lithium miners – Upgrading lithium price outlook’ says it maintains its preference for Australian based producers with Pilbara Minerals and IGO remaining unchanged as its top two picks, offering strong production upside.

“PLS offers the greatest leverage to spodumene prices with the improved outlook driving a 40% lift in our price target to A$5.60,” the report authors write.

According to the report, domestic Chinese lithium carbonate prices continue to trade at material premiums to regional lithium carbonate prices, and the broker expects a price differential between regional prices and Chinese prices reflecting a 3-month lag, which will close in CY4.

“We do not see material volume from new spodumene producers until CY23,” the report authors write.

“We lift our peak price assumption by 2% to US$5,000/t (realised quarterly average) and upgrade annual prices by 55% for CY23 and 107%, 114% and 110% for CY24, CY25, and CY26 respectively.”

NOW READ: Pilbara Minerals lifted its gross margin by more than 1800% last year

Volkswagen will sell only EVs in Norway from 2024

Volkswagen will pull all its new combustion engine cars from the Norwegian market from 2024, the company’s local importer has said.

The Norwegian government has already put in place a target to discourage the sale of combustion engine cars altogether from 2025.

It is already a market leader in electrification of transport, and more than eight of of 1o new passenger cars sold are already battery electric there, the result of three decades of supportive policy in Norway.

The new announcement that came via Volkswagen’s importer Møller Mobility Group – which imports and sells all Volkswagen group vehicles including VW, Audi, Škoda and Cupra.

It means that Volkswagen in Norway would say goodbye to combustion engines two years earlier than demanded by the Norwegian government, as the Volkswagen cut off date for new ICE sales will be January 1, 2024.

And although Norway is already a leader in adoption of electric cars, the majority of cars still on the road – more than 80% – are still run by fossil fuels.

ID.4 electric SUV. Source: Volkswagen
Volkswagen’s ID.4 electric SUV is the brand’s most popular EV in Norway. Source: Volkswagen

Head of the Volkswagen importer Ulf Tore Hekneby says he thinks the Norwegian government targets should be stronger so that the phase out of all combustion cars on the road can be achieved sooner.

At an event with the Zero Environmental Foundation last week, Hekneby said he wants to see more ambitious government targets, such as a fixed date by which at least half of the vehicle population must be emission-free.

“We need the industry and the politicians to continue working on cutting emissions,” he said in a statement, adding he wants to see breaks for plug-in hybrids cutback also.

“A concrete step we believe the politicians should take already now is to remove the weight deduction for plug-in hybrids from 1 January.

This is yesterday’s technology, which contributes to the fact that many car buyers still opt out of the zero-emission options,” he said.

As reported by Norwegian media, Hekneby also pointed to a report by the Institute for Transport Economics, which said 50 percent of the passenger car fleet could be electrified by 2036 if all current incentives are maintained.

Policy levers in place to encourage adoption of EVs in Norway include VAT exemption on electric cars.

This is due to end on January 1, 2023 for EVs priced over 500,000 Kroner (just under $A97,000 converted).

Hekneby estimates that the goal of 50 percent e-vehicles in the fleet might not be reached until 2042 if this subsidy were to be dropped.

Currently, electric car sales account for almost 81% of Volkswagen’s new car sales in Norway – 6,900 of the 8,500 total.

Most of these are the brand’s VW ID.4 electric SUV, which follows closely behind the Tesla Model Y in terms of popularity.

A look at the overall market shows that, at least in the case of new registrations, the step towards 100 percent new BEV passenger cars is getting closer.

This year, electric cars accounted for well over 70 percent of new registrations in Norway.

As The Driven reported on Monday, Volkswagen has sold the highest number of ID.Buzz “electric Kombis” in Norway.

VWmediaIDbuzz.jpg

Volkswagen declares ID.Buzz sale success as orders top 10,000

1661240976479.png

The all-electric ID.Buzz advance sales are filling up quickly, with the majority of the sales in Norway, Volkswagen says.

The zero-emission version of the German carmaker’s minibus – known fondly in Australia in its original 1960’s format as a Kombi, and as a Microbus in the US – was opened up for pre-orders in June.

“10,000 orders, without the car actually being at the dealer, let alone a customer having driven it,” Krause was quoted as saying.

“That is just impressive.”

Series production of the ID.Buzz commenced in May, and there are 15,000 planned for production by the end of 2022.

VW New Multivan ID BUZZ.png

*I want one, I want a Buzz and i want it Now !!! C'Mon AVZ C'Mon give me a Buzz(y)

The-future-is-Electric !!!.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

tonster66

Regular
Fox, you hit on something important/interesting:

"Now that the size of the RD lithium resource is better know, is the DRC Gov thinking we should redistribute CDL on better terms than what has occurred with Dathcom? Are they thinking there are too many eggs in one basket with AVZ / Cominiere? maybe, yet I hope not very likely"

Two observations:

1) If indeed RD grows and grows in size as the sneaky drilling core pictures that have been taken off the web seem to show, then the mining of CDL, even in a 10 or 15MTpa scenario will be pushed out into the future and therefore becomes less valuable in NPV terms for AVZ. Full on focus on RD and getting mining must therefore be the most important thing to deliver value to shareholders. The news of a parcelled off CDL exploration permit will then not be that negative on our SP.

2) The DRC government is not interested in Dathcom sitting on a Li bank in the shape of CDL to be developed in 15 or 20 years time, they rightfully want to see CDL developed earlier and a new exploration permit separated from the ML of RD will be the most likely vehicle to achieve that for them. The same process is applied here in Australian O&G licence blocks when retention leases are renewed you only can hold on to the O&G resources you have discovered or otherwise proven their extend of, the rest you have to give back to the government.
Why should AVZ be penalised for finding the resource CDL. It is part of the tenement and have every right to it.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

JAG

Top 20
1661245497994.png

Reactions: 16 users

JAG

Top 20
1661245545345.png

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Bin59

Regular

1661248812373.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users

JAG

Top 20
1661247105428.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Why should AVZ be penalised for finding the resource CDL. It is part of the tenement and have every right to it.
Not saying they need to be punished and I hope we hold on to it all under a ML, but we mustn't be surprised or outraged if we do not get the whole PR or exploration permit acreage transferred to a PE or production/mining licence that's just how it goes in most places of the world although I've seen some mention here that DRC Mining code does not require a partial relinquishment at time of PR to PE transition.

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Rediah

Regular
As my body is not made for OnlyFans, so once we go $2 I will start GoFundMe for this VW from TSE AVZ members , do not disappoint me peeps, i NEED this....

1661240976479.png

Macquarie doesn’t see ‘material volume from new spodumene producers until CY23’, ups lithium price target

Aussie global financial group, Macquarie, has upgraded its lithium price outlook to reflect the current tight lithium market and buoyant spot lithium prices.

The bullish report titled ‘Australian lithium miners – Upgrading lithium price outlook’ says it maintains its preference for Australian based producers with Pilbara Minerals and IGO remaining unchanged as its top two picks, offering strong production upside.

“PLS offers the greatest leverage to spodumene prices with the improved outlook driving a 40% lift in our price target to A$5.60,” the report authors write.

According to the report, domestic Chinese lithium carbonate prices continue to trade at material premiums to regional lithium carbonate prices, and the broker expects a price differential between regional prices and Chinese prices reflecting a 3-month lag, which will close in CY4.

“We do not see material volume from new spodumene producers until CY23,” the report authors write.

“We lift our peak price assumption by 2% to US$5,000/t (realised quarterly average) and upgrade annual prices by 55% for CY23 and 107%, 114% and 110% for CY24, CY25, and CY26 respectively.”

NOW READ: Pilbara Minerals lifted its gross margin by more than 1800% last year

Volkswagen will sell only EVs in Norway from 2024

Volkswagen will pull all its new combustion engine cars from the Norwegian market from 2024, the company’s local importer has said.

The Norwegian government has already put in place a target to discourage the sale of combustion engine cars altogether from 2025.

It is already a market leader in electrification of transport, and more than eight of of 1o new passenger cars sold are already battery electric there, the result of three decades of supportive policy in Norway.

The new announcement that came via Volkswagen’s importer Møller Mobility Group – which imports and sells all Volkswagen group vehicles including VW, Audi, Škoda and Cupra.

It means that Volkswagen in Norway would say goodbye to combustion engines two years earlier than demanded by the Norwegian government, as the Volkswagen cut off date for new ICE sales will be January 1, 2024.

And although Norway is already a leader in adoption of electric cars, the majority of cars still on the road – more than 80% – are still run by fossil fuels.

ID.4 electric SUV. Source: Volkswagen
Volkswagen’s ID.4 electric SUV is the brand’s most popular EV in Norway. Source: Volkswagen

Head of the Volkswagen importer Ulf Tore Hekneby says he thinks the Norwegian government targets should be stronger so that the phase out of all combustion cars on the road can be achieved sooner.

At an event with the Zero Environmental Foundation last week, Hekneby said he wants to see more ambitious government targets, such as a fixed date by which at least half of the vehicle population must be emission-free.

“We need the industry and the politicians to continue working on cutting emissions,” he said in a statement, adding he wants to see breaks for plug-in hybrids cutback also.

“A concrete step we believe the politicians should take already now is to remove the weight deduction for plug-in hybrids from 1 January.

This is yesterday’s technology, which contributes to the fact that many car buyers still opt out of the zero-emission options,” he said.

As reported by Norwegian media, Hekneby also pointed to a report by the Institute for Transport Economics, which said 50 percent of the passenger car fleet could be electrified by 2036 if all current incentives are maintained.

Policy levers in place to encourage adoption of EVs in Norway include VAT exemption on electric cars.

This is due to end on January 1, 2023 for EVs priced over 500,000 Kroner (just under $A97,000 converted).

Hekneby estimates that the goal of 50 percent e-vehicles in the fleet might not be reached until 2042 if this subsidy were to be dropped.

Currently, electric car sales account for almost 81% of Volkswagen’s new car sales in Norway – 6,900 of the 8,500 total.

Most of these are the brand’s VW ID.4 electric SUV, which follows closely behind the Tesla Model Y in terms of popularity.

A look at the overall market shows that, at least in the case of new registrations, the step towards 100 percent new BEV passenger cars is getting closer.

This year, electric cars accounted for well over 70 percent of new registrations in Norway.

As The Driven reported on Monday, Volkswagen has sold the highest number of ID.Buzz “electric Kombis” in Norway.

View attachment 14753

Volkswagen declares ID.Buzz sale success as orders top 10,000

View attachment 14750
The all-electric ID.Buzz advance sales are filling up quickly, with the majority of the sales in Norway, Volkswagen says.

The zero-emission version of the German carmaker’s minibus – known fondly in Australia in its original 1960’s format as a Kombi, and as a Microbus in the US – was opened up for pre-orders in June.

“10,000 orders, without the car actually being at the dealer, let alone a customer having driven it,” Krause was quoted as saying.

“That is just impressive.”

Series production of the ID.Buzz commenced in May, and there are 15,000 planned for production by the end of 2022.

View attachment 14752

*I want one, I want a Buzz and i want it Now !!! C'Mon AVZ C'Mon give me a Buzz(y)

View attachment 14751

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

CashKing

Regular
As my body is not made for OnlyFans, so once we go $2 I will start GoFundMe for this VW from TSE AVZ members , do not disappoint me peeps, i NEED this....

View attachment 14769
@$2 I’ll be ramping up my quiet quitting at work I reckon 😉, for those that don’t know it’s a thing 👍 & was it just on the news so Google it 😂

Pretty sure JAG has been doing it for a while & maybe even winenut and a few others but I really hope most of us can achieve this goal soon ✅
GLTAH

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 28 users

TheCount

Regular
Now that's a face you can hate . Imo
Him and brewer - in my humble opinion, top of the class in bullshit and false hopes..

2B52214C-64D9-4F55-94F2-AD270C2927BB.jpeg

Cheers,
TC.

PS in at the Novotel Darling Harbour with the Countess and The Earl enjoying a few bevvies after an American smoke house in Surry Hills called Surlys. Nice food, great drinks and even better company. Life is good!!

• Love
Reactions: 23 users

Thaz

Regular
@$2 I’ll be ramping up my quiet quitting at work I reckon 😉, for those that don’t know it’s a thing 👍 & was it just on the news so Google it 😂

Pretty sure JAG has been doing it for a while & maybe even winenut and a few others but I really hope most of us can achieve this goal soon ✅
GLTAH
I personally hate the term "quiet quitting".

Is it really quitting, when you are just doing the job and responsibilities that you have been employed to do? Private businesses have been taking advantage of those individuals working back at no extra cost to the business, because of 'it is needed to have been done'.

I'm personally a 'victim' of this thought process - currently the stress and responsibilities forced on my have been more and more each year - with less and less staff being in firm. I'm in half minds to actually quit ... and probably will do so once this reaches $3-4.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Rediah

Regular

GLTAH

Taking Notes Ryan The Office GIF by MOODMAN

Thanks in advance, I have put your guys name on top of the generous donor’s list, of course tax deductible.
And good luck to all, and hope this nightmare/shenanigans gets sorted soon 😇

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

GLTAH
I’ve been quiet quitting jobs since I left school and discovered magic mushrooms in the 70’s Cash, I’ve wheeled barrows of bricks and concrete, I re-roofed asbestos roof’s but the only time I’ve ever had to work was when I bought shares in AVZ, finally it looks like I don’t have to quiet quit anymore

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Azzler

Top 20

GLTAH
I've always been at odds with the notion that work is life.
Wage slavery in modern society came to my awareness about 10 years ago... the trap most of us are stuck in, in this life.
I think the reality of that trap is so horrid that we instead (and probably inteligently) celebrate careers and working life.
But I know it's a contradiction, if no one worked, we wouldn't have any of the good stuff, no expertise, no services.

Cashy, how about you upgrade from quiet quitting to completely quitting? :)
I did in Feb, and I just fucking love it!
I think I recall you saying you got in at a pretty good price.
I'm going to be optimistic here and assume we get our of suspension and continue upwards trajectory on the SP and I don't have to go back to bloody work again, lol.

I was in health care, and man... working through covid, infected clients, staff, and wearing full PPE during outbreaks...
I truely can not comprehend how those in hospitals worked permenantly in all that, through summer too!
But it made me acutely aware of how trapped I was....
but...
I had AVZ shares, a fair bit of them too, and very cheap. I held onto that hope and kept adding to my position $2000 at a time.

That's what AVZ is all about my dudes.

Freedom! Real freedom.

• Love
Reactions: 34 users

GLTAH
Been quietly quitting for about a year now ever since we're made to hot desk and work from home 2 to 3 days a week because working from home was "such a success" in the pandemic that company decided to permanently roster us with more people than desks.
All the chores now done before the weekend arrives, I can live with that!!

Reactions: 14 users

CashKing

Regular
Taking Notes Ryan The Office GIF by MOODMAN

Thanks in advance, I have put your guys name on top of the generous donor’s list, of course tax deductible.
And good luck to all, and hope this nightmare/shenanigans gets sorted soon 😇
Mate I’m claiming soooooo much washing this year ffs?

I might try forward that expense to boatman and a few other pricks actually 🤔

GLTAH

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom