AVZ Discussion 2022

Lichione

Regular
Looks like AVZ lawyer has removed quite a few of his msg on the bird , interesting.

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

bloke383

Regular
Looks like AVZ lawyer has removed quite a few of his msg on the bird , interesting.
I don't think Nigel would want that much talk from our lawyers until everything is signed , sealed , & delivered via ASX announcements

Reactions: 21 users

Lichione

Regular
I don't think Nigel would want that much talk from our lawyers until everything is signed , sealed , & delivered via ASX announcements
Make sense

Reactions: 3 users

oxxa23

Regular
along with possibly laying low and letting the DRC govt take the limelight on the corruption clean out... nigel knows better than to even remotely resemble stealing the thunder from a govt...

he's (frustratingly) shown this whole time he can play the patient, low key game...

Reactions: 16 users

CHB

Regular
Weird that our lawyer is so vocal. It's bordering on unprofessional if not.

Reactions: 10 users

Skar

Regular
along with possibly laying low and letting the DRC govt take the limelight on the corruption clean out... nigel knows better than to even remotely resemble stealing the thunder from a govt...

he's (frustratingly) shown this whole time he can play the patient, low key game...
You gotta wonder if this TH hasn't been a godsend for him not having to worry about announcing every thing he is working away on in the background, under the guise of letting things take their due course... he can get everything done, leaky ships not detrimental & share price cant be messed with, then drop the news once its all sorted... if we have an ML, FID, SEZ, possible new BFS with an upscaled 10 Mtpa mine... then transport sorted the railroad and two ships was it? whatever multi jurisdictional agreements and collaboration on battery council... its all rumour but there has been some very interesting chatter around here and the other place (thanks for the conversion table too).

• Thinking
Reactions: 33 users

JAG

Top 20
1661215373449.png

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18 users

Thaz

Regular
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 28 users

Nellie17

Regular
PS. Sorry, no word as yet on the Northern section. Frankly, don't care that much as RD has enough Lithium for 100 years. ;)
In my opinion, let's get RD sorted as in the mining licence etc, which as you said Fox should be very very soon, and then we get CDL sorted out.
Cheers,
Nells

• Thinking
Reactions: 24 users

bloke383

Regular
PS. Sorry, no word as yet on the Northern section. Frankly, don't care that much as RD has enough Lithium for 100 years. ;)
Don't care ? How much could CDL be worth to us if we proved it up & sold it off at a later date , or looked for another partner , American/European to help us develop it at a quicker pace ? It would be worth billions to us (it's possibly a larger , higher grade deposit) . Whereas if we lost it now , I think it would put a dampener on our share price when we resume trading again . I guess I'm just being greedy ;)
In saying that , I don't think Nigel will let it get taken from us fraudulently , after being able to put Zijin in their place . It will be nice to get confirmation from AVZ via ASX though

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
D

Deleted member 1612

"Unsolicited" ... it wouldn't be unsolicited if he did his due diligence and reported the truth.

View attachment 14735
True… but I do think NF has some merit in his ‘block out the noise and soldier on’ approach. The SP will work itself out - if you’re a long term holder these muppets and their articles and tweets won’t matter. I’d prefer to uphold our integrity as AVZ holders at the end of the day. Make like Buddha and sit under a tree, block out the noise and we will all find our Nirvana soon enough…

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Nellie17

Regular
Don't care ? How much could CDL be worth to us if we proved it up & sold it off at a later date , or looked for another partner , American/European to help us develop it at a quicker pace ? It would be worth billions to us (it's possibly a larger , higher grade deposit) . Whereas if we lost it now , I think it would put a dampener on our share price when we resume trading again .
In saying that , I don't think Nigel will let it get taken from us fraudulently , after being able to put Zijin in their place . It will be nice to get confirmation from AVZ via ASX though
I don't think we will lose CDL, it just won't be part of the mining licence that is to be issued for RD.
Cheers,
Nells

Reactions: 27 users
I don't think we will lose CDL, it just won't be part of the mining licence that is to be issued for RD.
Cheers,
Nells
Where is the currently ongoing drilling taking place, all RD or also CDL?

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
Where is the currently ongoing drilling taking place, all RD or also CDL?

I believe it is just RD - drilling areas in the now dewatered pit

Reactions: 7 users

The Fox

Regular
Don't care ? How much could CDL be worth to us if we proved it up & sold it off at a later date , or looked for another partner , American/European to help us develop it at a quicker pace ? It would be worth billions to us (it's possibly a larger , higher grade deposit) . Whereas if we lost it now , I think it would put a dampener on our share price when we resume trading again . I guess I'm just being greedy ;)
I would not want to loose CDL, and I'd be surprised if it was taken off Dathcom and put into some tender / ballot / bribe system :oops: I agree and have said a number of times over the years its a great asset to either develop, sell or JV.

To be more specific, I don't care about CDL right now in comparison to getting the ML through on RD and getting the show on the road, not in the literal sense.

No doubt there has been much lobbying by other parties to get a foothold in the Manono area for obvious reasons. Was Zijin's capitulation something to do with CDL? I doubt it and hope not. It would seem outlandish to catch a crook and then reward them for handing back what they stole.

Now that the size of the RD lithium resource is better know, is the DRC Gov thinking we should redistribute CDL on better terms than what has occurred with Dathcom? Are they thinking there are too many eggs in one basket with AVZ / Cominiere? maybe, yet I hope not very likely.

Momentum Attorneys now deleted tweets shared some insight into the enormity of the offer by AVZ being to Mine+SEZ+PPP+Value Chains by all accounts never happened before on such a grand scale to benefit the DRC.

If that is the case, you would expect AVZ / Dathcom would have to be favourites to secure a 5 year EL extension for CDL. Well it won't be long before we know a lot more.

Cheers The Fox 🦊

• Fire
Reactions: 34 users
I would not want to loose CDL, and I'd be surprised if it was taken off Dathcom and put into some tender / ballot / bribe system :oops: I agree and have said a number of times over the years its a great asset to either develop, sell or JV.

To be more specific, I don't care about CDL right now in comparison to getting the ML through on RD and getting the show on the road, not in the literal sense.

No doubt there has been much lobbying by other parties to get a foothold in the Manono area for obvious reasons. Was Zijin's capitulation something to do with CDL? I doubt it and hope not. It would seem outlandish to catch a crook and then reward them for handing back what they stole.

Now that the size of the RD lithium resource is better know, is the DRC Gov thinking we should redistribute CDL on better terms than what has occurred with Dathcom? Are they thinking there are too many eggs in one basket with AVZ / Cominiere? maybe, yet I hope not very likely.

Momentum Attorneys now deleted tweets shared some insight into the enormity of the offer by AVZ being to Mine+SEZ+PPP+Value Chains by all accounts never happened before on such a grand scale to benefit the DRC.

If that is the case, you would expect AVZ / Dathcom would have to be favourites to secure a 5 year EL extension for CDL. Well it won't be long before we know a lot more.

Cheers The Fox 🦊
Fox, you hit on something important/interesting:

"Now that the size of the RD lithium resource is better know, is the DRC Gov thinking we should redistribute CDL on better terms than what has occurred with Dathcom? Are they thinking there are too many eggs in one basket with AVZ / Cominiere? maybe, yet I hope not very likely"

Two observations:

1) If indeed RD grows and grows in size as the sneaky drilling core pictures that have been taken off the web seem to show, then the mining of CDL, even in a 10 or 15MTpa scenario will be pushed out into the future and therefore becomes less valuable in NPV terms for AVZ. Full on focus on RD and getting mining must therefore be the most important thing to deliver value to shareholders. The news of a parcelled off CDL exploration permit will then not be that negative on our SP.

2) The DRC government is not interested in Dathcom sitting on a Li bank in the shape of CDL to be developed in 15 or 20 years time, they rightfully want to see CDL developed earlier and a new exploration permit separated from the ML of RD will be the most likely vehicle to achieve that for them. The same process is applied here in Australian O&G licence blocks when retention leases are renewed you only can hold on to the O&G resources you have discovered or otherwise proven their extend of, the rest you have to give back to the government.

Last edited:
  • Thinking

The Fox

Regular
All good points. FYI you might want to edit the use of "CD" in your post to "RD" some may not follow the discussion.

In a few countries you loose 50% of your EL every time you request an extension. It appears AVZ is very confident of holding CDL, yet what's another curve ball at the last minute :oops:

Fingers crossed there is nothing to worry about. :)

All good points. FYI you might want to edit the use of "CD" in your post to "RD" some may not follow the discussion.

In a few countries you loose 50% of your EL every time you request an extension. It appears AVZ is very confident of holding CDL, yet what's another curve ball at the last minute :oops:

Fingers crossed there is nothing to worry about. :)
Don’t give them any ideas Fox, and to keep things clear, the EL referred to here is the PE in the DRC, signed MB 😉 Whoops I mean the PR 😖…. Sorry for the constant sarcasm folks, the pressure was getting to me too, and now there’s light appearing at the end of the tunnel the pressure release valve is doing it’s own thing. There’s plenty of other related news like the Chinese now competing for infrastructure projects in and around the battery hub in Zambia as well as to do with us but I’ll just be happy when I don’t have to constantly be updating myself on all things related to AVZ. I’ve gone from complaining about unrelated post’s to
tying up these threads and being the worst offender. @Zeebot if you’re out there, mate a week’s suspension would do me the world of good please!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

TDITD

Top 20
this made me lol from the crapper
67378698375__56990E33-D23E-4544-8710-6E8BCD583829.jpeg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users
Top Bottom