JAG

Top 20
1661154701607.png

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Hi Thaz

I agree with your point about AVZ making relevant information at the appropriate time. AVZ has an obligation to keep its shareholders informed in a timely manner. No issue there mate.

Cruiser said that AVZ could not make an announcement about Zijin without the DRC govt's permission. There is no such obligation because arbitration has nothing to do with the DRC govt. It's not a DRC sponsored process, and outside its jurisdiction.

If I get a clarifying response from AVZ I will post it here (but not holding my breath).

Cheers
F
Mate this is what I posted:

"AVZ doesn't have anything to announce until it is officially informed about the Zijin saga by the DRC Government.

AVZ cannot make announcements based on twitter stories.

Patience is a virtue :oops::rolleyes:"

I don't know how you derive out of this that I said that AVZ needs the DRC Govt's permission to make an announcement.

End of story.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

JAG

Top 20
1661154749507.png

1661154770870.png

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

JAG

Top 20
As in they provide the judgement in legal form to squash the ICC. ( note I have no idea what I'm talking about regarding ICC, just what I have read from there website)
There will be NO ICC ARBITRATION

done adam sandler GIF

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 23 users
There will be NO ICC ARBITRATION

done adam sandler GIF
Lol but there is, we have replied to the request?

And soon to be squashed IMO

Screenshot_20220822-182356_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

DoubleA

Regular
"AVZ doesn't have anything to announce until it is officially informed about the Zijin saga by the DRC Government.

Wrong.

If you actually do some reading, you may realise that arbitration proceedings were to take place via the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris. Therefore IF the ICC inform AVZ that the claims have been withdrawn, AVZ could well have announcements to make which are not reliant on the DRC Government.

Hopefully this does not need to be explained over and over again. I am getting frustrated just reading it.

Reactions: 9 users

JAG

Top 20
Lol but there is, we have replied to the request?

And soon to be squashed IMO

View attachment 14675

Are You Stupid Fran Healy GIF by Travis

The next person talking about bullshit arbitration well fuck me.... watch out!

Do your friggin homework before posting bullshit about ICC Arbitration.

Not having a personal go, but common man...fuck, this is done and dusted and has been for months.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Are You Stupid Fran Healy GIF by Travis

The next person talking about bullshit arbitration well fuck me.... watch out!

Do your friggin homework before posting bullshit about ICC Arbitration.

Not having a personal go, but common man...fuck, this is done and dusted and has been for months.
Arbitration?

1661157710871.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

DoubleA

Regular

This is an interesting view. China have big plans for the Manono lithium. If they want to wait around for years and years, then they have a lot to lose.

This is one of the reasons I have not been that concerned about AVZ shares not trading. More and more electric cars and battery factories will be built. The lithium will just continue to be more and more in demand. The USA have been well behind China in terms of securing raw materials but if China keep on delaying this project, they may find they are no longer the only ones interested in Manono. AVZ struggled to get interest from USA for investment/offtakes at one stage, but this may well change.

• Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

ptlas

Regular
This is an interesting view. China have big plans for the Manono lithium. If they want to wait around for years and years, then they have a lot to lose.

This is one of the reasons I have not been that concerned about AVZ shares not trading. More and more electric cars and battery factories will be built. The lithium will just continue to be more and more in demand. The USA have been well behind China in terms of securing raw materials but if China keep on delaying this project, they may find they are no longer the only ones interested in Manono. AVZ struggled to get interest from USA for investment/offtakes at one stage, but this may well change.
It seems to me that it already has.
The US president (Dem. or Rep.) and his subordinates have always been primarily representatives of big business.
Much is at stake both strategically and financially in the Sino-US power struggle.
I expect US approaches to AVZ which may already have been made.

BTW when our latest extension with CATL expires, why don't we up the $240m or lower the 24%
Take it or leave it.
500m?

No love lost from my pov.
They knew

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users
Top Bottom