AVZ Discussion 2022

Nbaz

Regular
Throw in some of those famous Chinese ‘snacks’ and we got a deal
If a TO is on the way do you seriously believe it will be $1.50 or more? It will be $1-$1.10 max. I know we are worth a hell of a lot more, we all do. But when to TO offers come in at fair value? There's always a discount to pay upfront. There's still tons of work to be done to get this mine going. I'm heavy in AVZ and want them mining as I'm not in a rush for cash but the roads still long and at the moment, God knows what's going on over there.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

TDITD

Top 20
If a TO is on the way do you seriously believe it will be $1.50 or more? It will be $1-$1.10 max. I know we are worth a hell of a lot more, we all do. But when to TO offers come in at fair value? There's always a discount to pay upfront. There's still tons of work to be done to get this mine going. I'm heavy in AVZ and want them mining as I'm not in a rush for cash but the roads still long and at the moment, God knows what's going on over there.

If a TO comes after we end up with 66% and BFS drops, then do you seriously believe Nigel will put $1 to the shareholders ? This is why I hope he holds firm, far too many weak at the knees but equally very short sighted shareholders would likely jump at an absolutely criminal measly $1.10 max as you say, we were higher than that before ML. (Not saying you specifically in that, just look at our SP since we got Manono tenements).
We all know this is a retirement company in the making, nothing worth gaining is ever easily obtained.
Mining is where we want to be, I agree. I don’t fancy being screwed over by the Chinese and then by my fellow shareholders because they failed to see the big picture.

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Nbaz

Regular
If a TO comes after we end up with 66% and BFS drops, then do you seriously believe Nigel will put $1 to the shareholders ? This is why I hope he holds firm, far too many weak at the knees but equally very short sighted shareholders would likely jump at an absolutely criminal measly $1.10 max as you say, we were higher than that before ML. (Not saying you specifically in that, just look at our SP since we got Manono tenements).
We all know this is a retirement company in the making, nothing worth gaining is ever easily obtained.
Mining is where we want to be, I agree. I don’t fancy being screwed over by the Chinese and then by my fellow shareholders because they failed to see the big picture.
Certainly agree with you there. I hope there's no offer on the table. However, as we are mushrooms and kept in the dark about what's going on over there. A low TO offer may be a way of saying "we'll take the trouble off your hands" and depending on how much fight nige has left in him, he may just accept it(pending our approval of course) fingers crossed it's all sorted out and we are just throwing ideas out due to boredom.

Reactions: 7 users

TDITD

Top 20
Certainly agree with you there. I hope there's no offer on the table. However, as we are mushrooms and kept in the dark about what's going on over there. A low TO offer may be a way of saying "we'll take the trouble off your hands" and depending on how much fight nige has left in him, he may just accept it(pending our approval of course) fingers crossed it's all sorted out and we are just throwing ideas out due to boredom.
Christ yes, all virtually sorted announcement imminent. Nigel has mentioned before that we have had that type of offer before in the past and has batted it away, so one can only hope his resolve is unwavering. It’s funny as we all virtually expect a TO offer has been or will be made, the only talking point is over is it a serious TO offer (I.e one hard to turn down) or a cheap shot type offer which they would surely know has been tried in the past an wasn’t successful.

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users
All the posturing from AVZ seems to indicate that mining Manono is still the desired choice for management. Seems pointless to be employing lawyers for arbitration and holding press conferences if a takeover is on the cards. Could be to strengthen the negotiating position or be a backup in case the deal falls through but it doesn't add up to me that a takeover is being considered at the moment.

Hypothetically if a takeover does happen then how would AVZ get around the FIRB if the offer is from a Chinese company or companies?

AVZ may not need to as any potential takeover could be approved by the Albanese government which is thawing relations with China. But if it was knocked back would the company simply sell their position in Dathcom and then pay a special dividend to shareholders?

If so then the question would be if they wind up AVZ all together or pay part of the proceeds as a dividend and use the remaining cash to acquire more tenements and continue being an explorer. Possibly a long term deal where AVZ gets cash and a small percentage of the takeover entity in exchange for FROR on any future discoveries. Not that those rights are worth the paper they are written on sometimes.

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Frank

Top 20
I've not seen any mention that the vehicle assembly plant with be for EVs. I imagine it will be for low cost vehicles suited to the local conditions.
* Correct Retro, even though they got a mention by Julien in the article for no apparent reason, but hey, If it happens, it's a start and hopefully from "Little things, Big things Grow" maybe an EV or two to export down the track, especially when : Tshisekedi "welcomes the significant progress made by the Government" Re:-Construction of the Deep Water Port of Banana.

*Who knows what will happen in the near future, the potential for the DRC is enormous if only they can play to their strengths, get their Shit together and play their cards right imo :rolleyes:

*To remind,

Among these companies is Choice International, which specializes in the automotive industry and has proven itself in Nigeria. This Chinese company intends to quickly set up its vehicle assembly plant in the pilot special economic zone of Maluku, announced Thursday July 28, Diana Chen, charming of Choice international and the group CIG Motors Ltd as well as the China-Africa Economic Council, to the Minister of Industry, Julien Paluku Kahongya.

Happy to hear this good news, the Minister of Industry provided details on the Industrialization Master Plan which subdivides the Democratic Republic of Congo into 6 industrial spaces, each with its own economic profile.

The former governor of North Kivu also returned to the process of creating special economic zones.

Speaking of the electric battery industry, Julien Paluku Kahongya said that the DRC is the best destination in the world today, thanks to its strategic minerals which are involved in the manufacture of batteries and electric vehicles.

About Choice International Group​

CIG Motors Co., Ltd has begun on a soft landing since 2014 following a pact signed with Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., Ltd (GAC MOTOR) to establish and manage distribution networks in Nigeria, Africa.

In compliance with Federal Government requirements, CIG Motors has an assembly plant in Nigeria producing high quality passenger vehicles built with the exact same standards as GAC Group.

CIG Motors is renowned for delivering quality vehicles and excellent customer care.

CIG Motors Co., Ltd signed a pact with Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., Ltd (GAC MOTOR) to establish and manage a distribution network in Nigeria, Africa.

So far 4 models have been introduced into the Nigerian market. * ( All Petrol Powered atm Retro )

CIG Motors has also started its assembly plant in Ojota Lagos, Nigeria.

Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., Ltd. (GAC Group) is a Chinese state-owned automobile manufacturer headquartered in Guangzhou, Guangdong.

Founded in 1954, it is currently the fifth largest automobile manufacturer in China, with 2.144 million sales in 2021.

The company produces and sells vehicles under its own branding, such as Trumpchi, Aion, Hycan as well as under foreign-branded joint ventures such as GAC-Toyota, GAC-Honda, GAC-FCA (Jeep) and GAC-Mitsubishi.

It also produces electric vehicles under some of the previously listed brandings, including dedicated EV brands such as Aion and Hycan.

In 2021, it was the fourth largest Chinese plug-in electric vehicle manufacturer in the Chinese market, with 4% of market share.

It sold 123,660 units of EVs in 2021, and over 20,000 units in March 2022, with plans to double EV production capacity to 400,000 a year by December 2022.

It produces buses under the GAC Bus brand.

GAC is currently known for its Honda-branded auto producing joint venture with this Japanese automaker, but the company has a total of five foreign partners—more than most Chinese automakers.

These partnerships allow it to produce foreign-branded products for sale in China.

These brands include: Fiat, Jeep, Honda, Mitsubishi, and Toyota. Other brand names associated with GAC are Everus, for consumer vehicles, and Hino.

The-future-is-Electric !!!.jpg

things-that-make-you-go-hmm.jpg

Food for thought

Frank

Reactions: 8 users

TDITD

Top 20
All the posturing from AVZ seems to indicate that mining Manono is still the desired choice for management. Seems pointless to be employing lawyers for arbitration and holding press conferences if a takeover is on the cards. Could be to strengthen the negotiating position or be a backup in case the deal falls through but it doesn't add up to me that a takeover is being considered at the moment.

Hypothetically if a takeover does happen then how would AVZ get around the FIRB if the offer is from a Chinese company or companies?

AVZ may not need to as any potential takeover could be approved by the Albanese government which is thawing relations with China. But if it was knocked back would the company simply sell their position in Dathcom and then pay a special dividend to shareholders?

If so then the question would be if they wind up AVZ all together or pay part of the proceeds as a dividend and use the remaining cash to acquire more tenements and continue being an explorer. Possibly a long term deal where AVZ gets cash and a small percentage of the takeover entity in exchange for FROR on any future discoveries. Not that those rights are worth the paper they are written on sometimes.
Agreed it would be somewhat from left field as all indications are that AVZ want to go mining.
If they were to sell their holding in Dathcom then FIRB can’t do anything as that’s a DRC entity.
So possibly a similar scenario to PSC where AVZ pay a special dividend to us and carry on as AVZ with our 2 100% adjoining tenements. Very much doubt they would take on any deal involving percentages or rights, after the way everyone surrounding this has behaved they would have to be certifiably insane.

Reactions: 8 users

cruiser51

Top 20

Prime Minister Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde received the President of the Constitutional Court Dieudonné Kamuleta​

July 29, 2022 by COMMUNICATION CELL in NEWS

IMG-20220728-WA0114.jpg

Prime Minister Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde, received in audience, this Thursday, July 28, 2022 at the Primature, the President of the Constitutional Court, High Judge Dieudonné Kamuleta Badibanga. At the end of the hearing, the number 1 of the high court of the Democratic Republic of Congo confided in the press in these terms:
“It is within the normal framework of exchange between institutions. I had just been invested. It was right to come and meet the Prime Minister for an exchange between our two institutions,” said Dieudonné Kamuleta.
As a reminder, Judge Dieudonné Kamuleta Badibanga was elected President of the Constitutional Court on Tuesday, June 21, 2022 by his peer judges, following an elective plenary assembly in accordance with Article 158 paragraph 5 of the Constitution of February 18. 2006 as revised. He succeeded Dieudonné Kaluba Dibwe who left the Court in a draw, along with two other judges Prince Funga Molima and Polycarpe Mongulu who died.

Reactions: 3 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Lukonde is never a happy looking chappie is he. Speaking of 'replacements', I saw on twitter that Felix the cheshire cat has 'replaced' a large number of people in various levels of various institutions, courts, tribunals, the counsel of state........things are moving, slowly, probably slower than Nigel's estimated 2 weeks though.

I also read in the Friday minutes that there is a planned exit known as compulsory retirement of a very large number of public servants. The broom is sweeping

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

bloke383

Regular
Yes it does feel somewhat like we are being worn down, it’s almost the SOP for a TO, the Chinese want this cheap. The ridiculous thing is they will have it cheap at $3 a share ffs, but they won’t want to pay that if brown paper bags and snacks are more effective.

Juicy at $1.50 , fuck that for a joke. It wouldn’t be juicy if they had a gun to my head and told me the bastards are now going for JAGS right nut.
I'm not concerned about shareholders being worn down , I'm more concerned if management are . If a predatory TO offer were to be put to us , it almost certainly means it is a done deal & the price has already been decided/accepted . A predatory TO offer would be framed around the current share price , not previous highs , or what true value really is . Retail share holders vote is basically meaningless in this situation (PSC anyone ? Yes I'm still pissed that the Chinese stole that too)
I hope that Nige & the BOD resolve is as strong as ever .

I don't think there will be a TO anytime soon if management can remain strong , because as Dazmac66 asked elsewhere last night
"Take-over of what exactly? Wouldn't all this shite need to be sorted first?"

A TO offer now , of a disputed mining licence over half of our original project would be the worst possible outcome , imo .

Reactions: 11 users

Samus

Top 20
For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, further info regarding Cominière press conference courtesy geo_au and some troll on the Crapper:

Reactions: 3 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I've never seen so many blowins and newbies on the thread nor the level of TO talk with shitful pissant $ estimates

Mmmm....

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

TDITD

Top 20
I've never seen so many blowins and newbies on the thread nor the level of TO talk with shitful pissant $ estimates

Mmmm....
So eloquently put Winenut ‘shitful pissant $ estimates’

ML in hand, ready to drop BFS with 66% after CATL 24%.
No more shitful pissant $ estimates !

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Dazmac66

Regular
I don't really understand all this takeover bullshit, if you want something you need to fight for it. AVZ management have never hinted of anything other than owning a 'globally significant' mine producing for years into the future with diversification down the track. As shareholders we need not make it harder for them, standup against the pricks trying to steal from us.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Charbella

Regular
What is this all about? Can anyone here share some light?

Speaking of AVZ'S CLAIM POSSESSION OF 75% OF SHARES IN DATHCOM MINING SA, COMINIERE SA gives the following clarifications:

- On June 15, 2022, Mr. NIGEL FERGUSON, Chairman of the Board of Directors of DATHCOM MINING SA, had notified the invitation to the written consultation of the Board of Directors to be held from June 15, 2022 to June 24, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. by email, which the said convocation had on the agenda:

1) Recognition of the transfer of 750 company shares between AVZ International and Green Lithium Holding,

2) The update of the register of registered securities concerning the transfer of 750 shares between AVZ International Pty and Green, Lithium Holding PTE Ltd, in response to this summons, by its correspondence referenced CM/DG/043/amm/2022 of 23 June 2022, COMINIERE SA, criticizing the irregularities of the envisaged approach, opposed the holding of the meeting of the board of directors thus convened, specifies the consulting lawyer of this company.

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Bin59

Regular
For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, further info regarding Cominière press conference courtesy geo_au and some troll on the Crapper:

In a press release, bearing his signature, made available to the media, the consulting lawyer of COMINIERE SA clearly demonstrates that everything AVZ's lawyers had peddled about Manono's Tin and Lithium project was nothing but lies cut from scratch.

As the statements in the article come directly from Cominiere SA’s consulting lawyer, surely Christian needs to respond again on behalf of AVZ so their lies don’t go unanswered in the public arena.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
What is this all about? Can anyone here share some light?

Speaking of AVZ'S CLAIM POSSESSION OF 75% OF SHARES IN DATHCOM MINING SA, COMINIERE SA gives the following clarifications:

- On June 15, 2022, Mr. NIGEL FERGUSON, Chairman of the Board of Directors of DATHCOM MINING SA, had notified the invitation to the written consultation of the Board of Directors to be held from June 15, 2022 to June 24, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. by email, which the said convocation had on the agenda:

1) Recognition of the transfer of 750 company shares between AVZ International and Green Lithium Holding,

2) The update of the register of registered securities concerning the transfer of 750 shares between AVZ International Pty and Green, Lithium Holding PTE Ltd, in response to this summons, by its correspondence referenced CM/DG/043/amm/2022 of 23 June 2022, COMINIERE SA, criticizing the irregularities of the envisaged approach, opposed the holding of the meeting of the board of directors thus convened, specifies the consulting lawyer of this company.
Ummm......AVZ and Green Lithium holding could hold each others dicks while they take a piss

What they may or may not have done between themselves has nothing to do with the issues around Cominiere and Dathcom

Well that's my understanding....happy to stand corrected

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Charbella

Regular
Thanks Winenut! I am just thinking the timing is odd for this request and the purpose.

Reactions: 2 users

Samus

Top 20
My opinion, it's a bit of a worry we've still got Cominière in a position to be accusing AVZ of lies and various other slander and seemingly in effect blocking the exploitation permit.
And this many months after the damning IGF report against them.
Lack of any action against these crooks makes one wonder how much political pressure there is to back the state company over AVZ with millions in kickbacks under threat to corrupt officials and politicians.

"The first lie is when the company AVZ confirms having paid the amount of USD 6,000,000 to the company COMINIERE SA, as a doorstep, even claiming to hold evidence, the company COMINIERE SA specifies to the opinion that the payment made by AVZ was rather a non-refundable signing bonus, as provided for by the provisions of the Joint Venture contract"

WTF??? LOL! 💩
That's the lawyer saying this in public!

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
AVZ holds a 75% interest in the Manono Project, located 500km north of Lubumbashi in the south of the Democratic Republic of Congo, hosting the world class Roche Dure Mineral Resource, one of the largest undeveloped hard rock lithium deposits in the world. 10% will remain with the DRC government as per the DRC Mining Code and the 15% balance, currently belonging to the DRC government, is subject to a purchase agreement from AVZ International but is yet to be finalised.

From the Qtly

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
Top Bottom