AVZ Discussion 2022

JAG

Top 20
1655089128132.png

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

CashKing

Regular
CheckRaiseFold posted on the crapper that he was replacing Graeme Hughes. Thought it might be able to be verified on his linkedIn profile.

Seems credible, and I see Hughes and he are mutual connections.

Can anyone confirm for sure? @Cashcity ?
Michael Hughes you mean ?

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Reactions: 1 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
OK, OK, lol, I wasn't looking in the right place on AVZ website - one page shows Hughes, the other I see now, has Paget

solved, thanks guys

Reactions: 4 users

CashKing

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
So, my next question is, why the hell hasn't Paget finished building the mine yet. How long does he need FFS

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
Interesting that on Paget's Linkedin profile he's indicated that "he's hiring" - does he need a bigger team to help get this thing into production?

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

BEISHA

Top 20
oh my those DOW futures, look like getting smashed again....where's the bottom lol

crypto getting smashed too
I updated the DOW chart on the weekend, go and have a peruse.

Reactions: 5 users

Frank

Top 20
Julien Paluku:

“the Congolese State has released the first tranche to develop the pilot SEZ of Maluku”

1655110738103.png

The project manager of the Special Economic Zones Agency (AZES), Auguy Bolanda, and the companies "China Guangdong Provincial" (CGCD), for the civil engineering works, on the one hand, and on the other hand, " Ray Group” for electrical engineering proceeded, on Thursday, June 9, 2022, to the signing of the contracts for the servicing of basic physical infrastructure of the Maluku Pilot Special Economic Zone.

According to the communication unit of the Ministry of Industry, the signing of these two contracts marks the effectiveness and operationalization of the pilot Special Economic Zone of Maluku.

The Congolese Minister of Industry, Julien Paluku, who chaired the signing ceremony, said that the Congolese State has already released the first tranche of 20 million US dollars (USD) to develop the said ZES.

On this occasion, the Minister of Industry invited the two companies that won the contract to speed up the work on the ground, because the President of the Republic, Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo, will come shortly to lay the first stone marking the launch Works.

“Industry must be a factor of peace and stability"

It is in this context that the President of the Republic asked us to also install an SEZ in the eastern part of the Democratic Republic of Congo.

With the vote in the European Parliament putting an end to thermal engines in 2035, the Democratic Republic of Congo will have to play a very important role in the decarbonisation of the world economy, thanks to its strategic minerals which are involved in the manufacture of batteries and electric vehicles he pointed out.

www.mediacongo.net

DRC BF ! .jpeg

King-Julien.jpg

#Patience ! .jpg

King Julien..jpg

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono🔋

Frank (y)

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

CHB

Regular
Interesting that on Paget's Linkedin profile he's indicated that "he's hiring" - does he need a bigger team to help get this thing into production?
I was wondering about that as well but I think he was a director of a project management company as well, so most likely hiring for that company.

Does that company deliver project management services for AVZ? Maybe?

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Frank

Top 20
Fyi, I see where the President is pushing for "More Power" in the lead up to Elections scheduled for December 2023.

Félix Tshisekedi wants Kakobola hydroelectric power plant, operational by the end of April 2023​

In order to finalize the work of the construction of the Kakobola hydroelectric power plant, the President of the Republic Félix Tshisekedi said to have relaunched cooperation between the two countries through a diligent mission in India.

In his speech at the 57th meeting of the Council of Ministers, he revealed that this process resulted in obtaining from the Government of India the happy settlement of the files put on the back burner, in particular that of the construction of lines and distribution networks of the Kakobola power plant in Kwilu province.

The Kakobola hydroelectric plant has a capacity of 10.5 megawatts.

It was built between February 2011 and September 2016.

This work does not always manage to supply electricity to the surrounding populations of Gungu, Idiofa and Kikwit.

This work experienced a delay in the execution, because the Congolese State and the company Angélique Internationale had not planned a budget for the installation of the pylons supposed to bring electricity to the population.

*To Remind, The United States has a real lithium supply problem, now and in the Future :oops:

How the U.S. fell behind in lithium, the ‘white gold’ of electric vehicles

The United States has a lithium supply problem. Nearly every major automaker has announced a transition to electric vehicles, Tesla delivered almost one million cars in 2021, and a handful of new electric vehicle companies like Rivian and Lucid are rolling new models off the line.

In order to power all of these EVs, we will need batteries — lots of them.

Electric vehicle growth will be responsible for more than 90% of demand for lithium by 2030, according to Benchmark Mineral Intelligence. But lithium is also in our phones, computers, ceramics, lubricants, pharmaceuticals, and is essential for solar and wind energy storage.

“It’s like the blood in your body,” said Lithium Americas CEO Jon Evans, “It’s the chemistry behind how lithium-ion batteries work. It remains the common denominator in all the battery technologies, even that we’re looking at now for next generation batteries. So it’s truly a critical element.”

This vital mineral in rechargeable batteries has earned the name “white gold” and the rush is on.

The price of lithium is soaring, up 280% since Jan. 2021, and establishing a domestic supply of lithium has become the modern-day version of oil security. But today, the U.S. is far behind, with only 1% of global lithium being mined and processed in the U.S., according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

More than 80% of the world’s raw lithium is mined in Australia, Chile, and China. And China controls more than half of the world’s lithium processing and refining and has three-fourths of the lithium-ion battery megafactories in the world, according to the International Energy Agency.

But until the 1990s, the U.S. was the leader in lithium production.

“The lithium industry started in the U.S. and had a good run for 50 years,” said Erick Neuman, the international business manager for with Swenson Technology.

“We do have a lot. The challenge is, can we produce what we need at an economical and competitive price? That’s hard.”

Lithium is not a scarce element.

The U.S. holds almost 8 million metric tons in reserve, ranking it among the top five countries in the world, according to the USGS.

But there is only one operating lithium mine in the U.S., Albemarle’s Silver Peak in Nevada.

Last June, the administration released a blueprint for jumpstarting domestic lithium production and refining as well as battery manufacturing, and set a national EV sales goal of 50% by 2030.

There are several domestic lithium projects in the works in Nevada, North Carolina, California and Arkansas, among other places.

Controlled Thermal Resources is developing a lithium project at the Salton Sea in California, which will extract lithium out of brine pumped up via geothermal energy plants in the area.

The Salton Sea was once a hot tourist destination, but has become one of the worst environmental and public health crises in modern history as drier conditions caused a lot of the lake to dry up.

The state of California is trying to transform the area, calling it “Lithium Valley” and it hopes to generate the revenue needed to revive the area.

Last summer, GM announced a multi-million-dollar investment in Controlled Thermal Resources, and has secured first rights to purchase the domestically produced lithium for its EVs.

Piedmont Lithium wants to revive an old lithium mining area in North Carolina, near Charlotte.

Piedmont signed a deal in 2020 to supply Tesla with lithium sourced from its deposits there, but the project has hit
delays due to permitting.

Lithium Americas plans an open-pit mine at Thacker Pass, which is located within an extinct super volcano about 200 miles north of Reno, Nevada, and is one of the largest lithium reserves in the U.S.

The site will handle both the mining and the refinement of the lithium and it is in the final permitting phase.

But no one wants a mine in their backyard, and Thacker Pass and other projects have been stalled by lawsuits and opposition from environmentalists, permitting delays, and opposition from Native American tribes in the area.

www.cnbc.com/world/

AVZ Monster.png

_2020-04-14 Cape+Town+Presentation+-+Reduced pdf.png

AVZ # ! #.jpg

Africa !.jpg

Mining.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 17 users

DoubleA

Regular
The Australian mining company says it is ready to produce 400 million tonnes of lithium from

Manono deposit in the province of Tanganyika in the east of the Democratic Republic

of Congo.

This major Australian mining company intends to launch its lithium extraction activities in this
part of the Republic on this, a ministerial decree officially authorized the granting of the permit
of exploitation 4a AVZ minerals. During the DRC Mining Week forum held in
Lubumbashi from June 1 to 3, 2022, an official of this mining company expressed the
will and vision around the Manono lithium deposit project, whose giant
australian owns 75% of the shares and 25% of the Congolaise d’exploitation miniére SA

(COMINIERE SA) which is a public company.

“The ministerial decree has been signed for the granting of the operating permit, we are just waiting
Formalization to start the execution of the works. Every day of delay causes us

loss between $1 million in revenue and $300,000 in tax for the country,” said

Serge Ndandu, Director of Corporate Affairs 4 AVZ.

In addition, a feasibility study led by Avz minerals has shown that the reserves of the
lithium from Manono are estimated at 132 million tons with 1.6% of lithia (content of
lithium oxide). “These reserves represent 30 years of exploitation and we have

resources at the level of 400 million tonnes with 65% Lithia,” said Serge Ndandu.

In addition, the need for lithium remains enormous, according to the International Energy Agency (ATE)
in its annual report. The demand for lithium, cobalt and graphite should be multiplied
by six by 2030, to 500 kilotonnes, requiring the opening of 50 new mines in the
world. The DRC, Australia and Chile are the leading countries on these matters
firsts in the world. The Manono Lithium has the particularity of having "fingerprints

lowest carbons of any lithium mine in the world. concluded Serge Ndandu.

Reactions: 20 users

DoubleA

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

JAG

Top 20
1655159887885.png

• Love
Reactions: 31 users

llhtom

Regular
Is it me or we're just happy to be in suspension while the market is heading lower?

• Love
Reactions: 22 users

BRICK

Regular
(y)

Reactions: 3 users

Samus

Top 20
Wow it's carnage 😵

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users

Frank

Top 20

Elections 2023: Félix Tshisekedi in the lead in the poll

1655174428872.png

According to a survey carried out by Target SARL with a representative sample of 2,000 people in the 26 provincial capitals of the DRC from April 25 to May 13, 2022, published on June 11, Félix Tshisekedi is at the top of the list with 31% ahead of Martin Fayulu (14%), Moise Katumbi (13%) and Joseph Kabila (10%).

The current President, Félix Tshisekedi, comes first in Grand Kasaï (80%), in Kongo Central (32%) and in Eastern Province (31%), while Martin Fayulu received the most voting intentions in Bandundu ( 38%).

In view of this result, many Congolese are ready to give Honorary President Joseph Kabila the possibility of running for a new mandate, i.e. 10% of the voting intentions. :oops: :rolleyes: o_O

As a reminder, although the race for the 2023 elections attracts other candidates, in particular former Prime Minister Matata Ponyo, president of Leadership and Governance for Development, the trio Félix Tshisekedi, Martin Fayulu and Moïse Katumbi remains favorite in all the polls conducted so far.

www.mediacongo.net

Possible candidacy of Kabila in 2023:

"Let him be left alone because he will not come back"

One year before the general elections, the debate on the return or not of Joseph Kabila Kabange is increasingly occupying the political scene.

If on the side of the former honorary president, it is reported that the Raïs can still compete in the elections with a view to running for a new term as president of the Republic, on the side of the current regime, it is estimated that he can no longer return because the constitution has already settled his case.

During a press conference held this weekend, the first vice-president of the lower house of parliament, André Mbata, affirmed that after two successive mandates at the head of the country, Joseph Kabila can no longer return.

"In our constitution, you are gone, go and rest. There is no going back," he insisted.

Follow the explanations of the First Vice-President of the National Assembly:

www.mediacongo.net

So confused Homer.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

BEISHA

Top 20
I hate to say I feel more pain coming, it's just a matter of will it be 'more, really, ouch fuk', or 'omg wtaf is going on', the worlds a complete mess atm and call me a pessimist but I don't see it heading in good direction any time soon with the world leaders, WEF, WHO, etc etc we are stuck with atm, but I do see Africa slowly starting to compete with the west
1655176950182.png

I dont have a crystal ball .........just like everyone else, but i do know how to chart and i do know my Elliott Wave theory, for the benefit of others who havnt been following my charts, i have been banging on that the sub wave 4 down wont breach the heights of sub wave 1 up, which happens to coincide with a strong support zone underneath, i see no more than a further 5% drop tops, and i am extremely confident that by the time AVZ gets back on the trading table on 1/7/22 ( hopefully ) MACRO will have stabilised.

RSI 14 is a bees dick away from OVER SOLD, on the DAILY chart , its already there, not alot of downside to go.

Further too that, I also expect that by the time AVZ trades again, the GLOBAL X, will have breached that strong resistance zone highlighted in RED.........which means a trend reversal.

1655178342257.png

Currently , i see a bull flag pattern ( yellow arrow ) and the RSI 14 primed to bust that 50 green line.........;)

Obviously all that needs CONFIRMATION, just a theory atm, but if i am right, then sentiment for all lithium players will get a jolt in the arm.

Time will tell.

tick tock.gif

robin hood tree target.gif

imo

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
Top Bottom