AVZ Discussion 2022

cruiser51

Top 20
Reactions: 5 users

Ozthescot

Regular
Thanks Cruiser. The Hazard Data section is quite interesting. Spontaneous combustion!
Yeah, it's not a very happy element when it's introduced to water either, I remember way back in school dropping a piece of lithium into water and watching the fireworks that took place, same goes for all that group of elements, sodium, potassium, etc.. each one more reactive than the next.
I'm guessing however that the processing of said lithium is probably more hazardous than the element itself.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Ozthescot

Regular
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Yeah, it's not a very happy element when it's introduced to water either, I remember way back in school dropping a piece of lithium into water and watching the fireworks that took place, same goes for all that group of elements, sodium, potassium, etc.. each one more reactive than the next.
I'm guessing however that the processing of said lithium is probably more hazardous than the element itself.
Yep, now imagine how the fire brigades are meant to deal with all the new EVs lol

Reactions: 1 users

Ozthescot

Regular
Yep, now imagine how the fire brigades are meant to deal with all the new EVs lol
At my work there is a lithium battery store and lithium extinguishers outside, so maybe they will be loaded up with chemical that's in there, considering EVs are gonna be everywhere maybe it's a good idea!

Reactions: 2 users
At my work there is a lithium battery store and lithium extinguishers outside, so maybe they will be loaded up with chemical that's in there, considering EVs are gonna be everywhere maybe it's a good idea!
Yeh just dunno how practical that is, but I agree something needs to happen cause EVs will be everywhere!!

Reactions: 2 users

cruiser51

Top 20
It is actually not the lithium.
Found this regarding Lithium ion batteries and the way they catch fire:

To understand how a Li-ion battery can catch fire or explode, it is necessary to investigate how the battery is built.
A Li-ion battery store and release its electrical energy through electrochemical reactions.
When electrical energy is drawn/discharged from the battery, lithium ions move from one electrode to the other.
The electrodes are submerged in a liquid called an electrolyte, which allows for the movement of ions and consists of lithium salt and organic solvents.
It is these organic solvents which are the leading fire hazard in Li-ion batteries.

Battery design is constantly improving.

I found the article about the safety of lithium products and banning them from Europe odd, but Europe is Europe.
Just think about the massive chemical industries and oil refineries in Europe and the different fire fighting tactics which have to be used for the different materials.
Interesting to see the outcome of the issue.

Reactions: 7 users

Frank

Top 20
Who is actually in charge in the DRC? China?

China Moly denies DRC takeover of its Tenke copper-cobalt mine​

The government suspects the mine has understated its levels of reserves in order to reduce the amount of royalties being paid to state coffers by its Chinese partner.

10 Jun 2022

There has been no change in control of Tenke Fungurume Mining, majority owner China Molybdenum has said, contradicting authorities in the Democratic Republic of the Congo who said a temporary administrator had taken control of one of the world’s largest cobalt and copper mines.

The secretary-general of Congo’s state mining company Gecamines told Reuters on Thursday that a court-appointed temporary administrator had officially taken charge amid a dispute between TFM shareholders.

China Moly controls an 80 percent take in the copper and cobalt mine, while Gecamines owns 20 percent.

“There is no change in the management right of TFM, and production and operations are running as usual,” China Molybdenum spokesperson Vincent Zhou said in an email to Reuters.

The DRC is also the world’s top producer of cobalt, which is used in electric batteries, and Africa’s leading miner of copper.

In February, a court had appointed the administrator, Sage Ngoie Mbayo, for a period of six months in response to a claim brought by Gecamines.

Implementation of the ruling was suspended after the DRC government called for an investigation. But in a letter dated June 1 and seen by Reuters, justice minister Ruth Mutombo ordered that it be enforced.

Ngoie, who had been named Gecamines’ representative to TFM shortly before his appointment as temporary administrator, officially took charge on Thursday, Gecamines secretary-general Patrice Pungwe said.

In a video filmed at TFM’s offices, Ngoie declared that he was now in control.

“At this time, TFM is run by me. It is not run by Gecamines or by CMOC (China Moly),” he said.

The dispute started last August when DRC’s government announced it had formed a commission to reassess the reserves and resources at TFM, which is also among the world’s largest copper producers.

The government suspects the mine has understated its levels of reserves in order to reduce the amount of royalties it pays to Gecamines. China Molybdenum denies having done so.

China Moly and Gecamines are “continuing to move forward” with talks around royalty payments, Zhou said on Friday.
The court order in February had tasked Ngoie with “reconciling the two partners on the points of divergence, namely access to technical information”.

Last year, TFM produced 18,501 tonnes of cobalt and 209,120 tonnes of copper, according to China Moly.

SOURCE: REUTERS

Who is actually in charge in the DRC? China?

You think DRC has had enough of being ripped off? :unsure:

Australia-based mineral exploration company AVZ Minerals is entangled in a legal dispute related to the ownership of the Manono Lithium Project, probably one of the most significant lithium deposits in the world.

Shares of the Company have been on a trading halt for more than three weeks and were scheduled to return to trade on Wednesday.

However, the trading of securities couldn’t restart during the week. Let’s take a closer look at what’s going on.

I think the DRC / Felix is caught between Fighting Corruption on one hand, a Chinese Hard Hat worth $Billions in Revenue ( With Plenty more where that came from :oops: ) a Big Hungry Ganfeng CAT with an Appetite for Lithium, a desperate need to lift the Population out of Poverty, Generate much more Electricity for the millions of People and Communities that have none, try to "Win-Win" the next Election along with getting an EV Battery Rub-a-dub-dub Hub up and running, as well as get one of the most significant lithium deposits in the world Producing asap, which should be a Priority :whistle: :unsure: :rolleyes:

Mining.png

Food for thought on the Days of AVZ in the DRC ⏳

Reactions: 18 users

Frank

Top 20
* Felix / DRC / Africa even has the Russians kissing their arse atm, what a horrible thought :rolleyes: as,

Russia Day: Ambassador Alexey Sentebov salutes the efforts of Head of State Felix Tshisekedi to ensure peace in the East of the country

Russia salutes and congratulates President Felix Tshisekedi for his efforts to ensure peace and stability in the east of the country and in the Great Lakes region, said, Friday, June 10, 2022, the ambassador of this federation, Alexey Sentebov, at the reception organized on the occasion of "Russia Day".

"We welcome the efforts of Head of State Félix Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo to ensure peace and stability in the east of the country and in the Great Lakes region, to find a collective response to local crises and conflicts by promoting regional integration processes in different forms,” he underlined.

The Russian diplomat also added that Russia is available to support these efforts, as a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council and in the framework of bilateral relations.

His country has always attached particular importance to the development of friendly relations with its African partners, he insisted, recalling that the Russia-Africa Summit, held in Sochi in 2019, paved the way for the expansion of a fruitful cooperation, including with the DRC.

“It is in the interests of our peoples that we work together in the new context on trade and investment, in order to rely on reliable logistical and financial mechanisms,” he said.

For him, it is important to facilitate the entry of Russian and African economic operators into each other's markets, and to encourage their participation in large-scale infrastructure projects.

"Particular attention is given to all these tasks during the preparation of the second Russia-Africa summit", he said, also wishing for a representative participation of African partners, and of course Congolese, at the next International Economic Forum.

“Russia is fulfilling and will continue to faithfully fulfill its obligations under international contracts for the export of food, fertilizers, energy and other goods that Africa so badly needs,” the Ambassador concluded Aleksey Sentebov.

www.mediacongo.net

• Thinking

CashKing

Regular
Hey @Cashcity, have u heard anything more re timing of announcements?
Sorry mate been helping a mate move house all weekend & trying to find a AVZ Number plate floating around that area 😆

Nothing mate but I’ll keep you posted if I hear 👂

GLTAH

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

John25

Regular
Sorry mate been helping a mate move house all weekend & trying to find a AVZ Number plate floating around that area 😆

Nothing mate but I’ll keep you posted if I hear 👂

GLTAH
“Tim will tell “…doing a great job @Cashcity :)…we will get good news soon

Ozthescot

Regular
It is actually not the lithium.
Found this regarding Lithium ion batteries and the way they catch fire:

To understand how a Li-ion battery can catch fire or explode, it is necessary to investigate how the battery is built.
A Li-ion battery store and release its electrical energy through electrochemical reactions.
When electrical energy is drawn/discharged from the battery, lithium ions move from one electrode to the other.
The electrodes are submerged in a liquid called an electrolyte, which allows for the movement of ions and consists of lithium salt and organic solvents.
It is these organic solvents which are the leading fire hazard in Li-ion batteries.

Battery design is constantly improving.

I found the article about the safety of lithium products and banning them from Europe odd, but Europe is Europe.
Just think about the massive chemical industries and oil refineries in Europe and the different fire fighting tactics which have to be used for the different materials.
Interesting to see the outcome of the issue.
Yeah having dealt with lithium polymer battery (drone batteries) fires before the most common occurrence for fires with these types is puncture of the cells which in turn causes a short between cells. Fully charged cells make a hell of a fire hazard for sure!

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Tursty

Yeah having dealt with lithium polymer battery (drone batteries) fires before the most common occurrence for fires with these types is puncture of the cells which in turn causes a short between cells. Fully charged cells make a hell of a fire hazard for sure!
This whole topic is raging in the marine industry at the moment. Lithium Ion batteries do seem to have a major risk, but the more popular LiFePo4 chemistry found in most deep cycle marine batteries seems to have a much better safety track record. Take the cobalt out and the risks of thermal runaway greatly reduce.
Raw material handling on the other hand is no doubt a much more complicated challenge. Fingers crossed the western world doesn't health and safety ourselves into a ditch and prevent ourselves from manufacturing on shore.
I've always found it funny how we seem to care about our people so much we cant put them in harms way, but we will quite happily let some other country/race die producing the products and then import them while feeling good about ourselves.

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
H

Exactly this, you never know how a substance will react to various conditions.
This is a prime example of how something as simple as dust particles can cause abrupt chaos! I'm sure I've seen a safety video somewhere showing a dust explosion.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

TDITD

Top 20

Yes these explosions can be totally out of nowhere and huge, much like AVZs impending explosion in SP.

It has been noted by some of the worlds leading explosive technicians that many catalysts for a detonation are increasingly likely in place or ‘imminent’ leading to what experts have described as the ignition required for a monumental explosion in AVZ share price. It has been claimed that under the right conditions this explosion may be visible from the international space station.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

BEISHA

Top 20
* Felix / DRC / Africa even has the Russians kissing their arse atm, what a horrible thought :rolleyes: as,

Russia Day: Ambassador Alexey Sentebov salutes the efforts of Head of State Felix Tshisekedi to ensure peace in the East of the country

Russia salutes and congratulates President Felix Tshisekedi for his efforts to ensure peace and stability in the east of the country and in the Great Lakes region, said, Friday, June 10, 2022, the ambassador of this federation, Alexey Sentebov, at the reception organized on the occasion of "Russia Day".

"We welcome the efforts of Head of State Félix Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo to ensure peace and stability in the east of the country and in the Great Lakes region, to find a collective response to local crises and conflicts by promoting regional integration processes in different forms,” he underlined.

The Russian diplomat also added that Russia is available to support these efforts, as a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council and in the framework of bilateral relations.

His country has always attached particular importance to the development of friendly relations with its African partners, he insisted, recalling that the Russia-Africa Summit, held in Sochi in 2019, paved the way for the expansion of a fruitful cooperation, including with the DRC.

“It is in the interests of our peoples that we work together in the new context on trade and investment, in order to rely on reliable logistical and financial mechanisms,” he said.

For him, it is important to facilitate the entry of Russian and African economic operators into each other's markets, and to encourage their participation in large-scale infrastructure projects.

"Particular attention is given to all these tasks during the preparation of the second Russia-Africa summit", he said, also wishing for a representative participation of African partners, and of course Congolese, at the next International Economic Forum.

“Russia is fulfilling and will continue to faithfully fulfill its obligations under international contracts for the export of food, fertilizers, energy and other goods that Africa so badly needs,” the Ambassador concluded Aleksey Sentebov.

www.mediacongo.net
Oh the HYPOCRISY, Russia part of the United Nations SECURITY Council............lol,lol,lol

Sentebov congratulating Felix for his efforts to ensure peace and stability...........maybe he should look in his own back yard.

How secure do you reckon Europe is feeling with the atrocities in Ukraine and the threats of nuclear war if any country dares confront them.?

What a joke.

imo

Reactions: 15 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
If anyone is registered with Linkedin, could they have look for the profile of DAVID PAGET please, and post it in here

TIA

Reactions: 3 users

JAG

Top 20
1655088290444.png

1655088318889.png

Reactions: 12 users

Kenno61

Regular
1655088482257.png

1655088608303.png

Need any more mate?

Reactions: 9 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
CheckRaiseFold posted on the crapper that he was replacing Graeme Hughes. Thought it might be able to be verified on his linkedIn profile.

Seems credible, and I see Hughes and he are mutual connections.

Can anyone confirm for sure? @Cashcity ?

Top Bottom