AVZ Discussion 2022

Dave Evans

Regular

Anyone subscribe?? Or is this another mouthpiece for the Chinese?

That the publication lead with "fierce commercial battle" its a probability that its not an in depth a story as it should be

The Africa Report articles are usually in depth, they previously did this article on Simon Cong’s Fleuve Hotel 👇

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
We don't know if it is the full $20m

Announcement said the company has been made aware of allegations of unauthorised transactions (note plural) involving the company's escrow account in the DRC

My dealings with escrow accounts is that they are just another bank account held by the lawyers. They are legally obliged not to touch it but can very easily if they want to.
The most interesting thing about the chain of events leading to this escrow dispute is that at no time is the amount shown in statements provided by Christian Lukusa seen as under 20m USD. The dispute arises from the claims of unauthorised transactions and his and Rawbank’s resistance to confirming their availability upon request in July as they are legally obliged to do.

Mr Lukusa is an intelligent man. I would be willing to wager every single AVZ share I own that the money is still there as it ultimately, for now at least, legally belongs to powerful forces. Unfortunately it seems like most lawyers he has sold his soul to the highest bidder to aide their attempts to further delay our progress by playing idiotic games imo

1.png

2.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Mr_Tones83

Regular
The most interesting thing about the chain of events leading to this escrow dispute is that at no time is the amount shown in statements provided by Christian Lukusa seen as under 20m USD. The dispute arises from the claims of unauthorised transactions and his and Rawbank’s resistance to confirming their availability upon request in July as they are legally obliged to do.

Mr Lukusa is an intelligent man. I would be willing to wager every single AVZ share I own that the money is still there as it ultimately, for now at least, legally belongs to powerful forces. Unfortunately it seems like most lawyers he has sold his soul to the highest bidder to aide their attempts to further delay our progress by playing idiotic games imo

View attachment 71109
View attachment 71110
Agreed. Pretty obvious that one or all Cong/Cominiere/Zijin have paid for more games to be played to waste more of AVZ's time and money.
Their clear goal is to run us out of cash and help themselves to the remains.
IMO we need funding secured and ICC fines to drop to give us leverage to resolve, otherwise they will just keep playing their games.

Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom