1723268959054.png

1723269045345.png

1723269286459.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

SilentOne

Regular
Here is a true story about why I dont like Chinese food.

A number of years ago I was working in China and I had pushed the wrong in-house lift button and it opened up into a kitchen - here was one of the chefs sitting on a food preparation bench picking his toenails with a knife - it has scarred me for life.

The last time I was in Shanghai my friends wanted to take me to dinner - we went and had Japanese.

SilentOne

Attachments

• 1723279393405.png
    1723279393405.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

CHB

Regular

A number of years ago I was working in China and I had pushed the wrong in-house lift button and it opened up into a kitchen - here was one of the chefs sitting on a food preparation bench picking his toenails with a knife - it has scarred me for life.

The last time I was in Shanghai my friends wanted to take me to dinner - we went and had Japanese.

SilentOne

And the chinese chef in the kitchen was picking his toenails with a knife, right before he sliced your sashimi

:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Remark

Top 20
And the chinese chef in the kitchen was picking his toenails with a knife, right before he sliced your sashimi

Never trust a Chinese chef to prepare your Sashimi, lesson learned.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Tinrattler

Emerged
Just watched four courners china sucks ,i am shit faced on home brew bourban and GG#4 ,not sure if i should post but reading all your posts gives me some hopium . Thank you all for keeping me Entertained and in touch with all that is happening on twitter and the rest of that shit . Fuck ZIGIN

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

cruiser51

Top 20

SilentOne
Was it a male or female Japanese?

Had a similar experience while working in Korea, pushed the wrong button in the elevator in the hotel and finished up in a brothel.
Lifts are funny things, I went back up a floor after I found out the prices they charged for drinks. My per diem wasn't high enough.
But I totally enjoyed working in Korea, it is just a matter of what floor you are on and your karaoke skills.
If you are with the fairies it could cost you an arm and a leg.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

BEISHA

Top 20

SilentOne
If everyone in this world was prepared to pay a little more and support local supply chains and avoid buying chinese products , watch China go from a super power to Bhutan.

Not realistic i know, but it was a farken great dream.

chinese-pagoda-smiley.gif

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Dave Evans

Regular

SilentOne

I got take away fried chicken from the local Chinese restaurant a week ago. When I got home and tried it, it tasted like rubber

I took it straight back and asked to see the chef, went out the back to their kitchen and said to the chef, I just bought takeaway chicken here and its rubbery, he said thankyou!

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Ashlee

Regular
Now who do we believe
IMG_0032.jpeg

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 33 users

Mr_Tones83

Regular
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Probably trying to stymie avz ability to raise funds/lit funding.

Easily contradicted with the recent letter posted, doesn’t seem real. DRC is a fucking disgrace either way

• Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Mr_Tones83

Regular
July 18 letter from MoM to PM:
"Following up on this, I bring to your particular attention that at the request of the company AVZ, the parties have agreed to settle the dispute amicably. Thus, the draft memorandum of understanding submitted by AVZ is under examination at the level of the group of experts from the Ministries concerned as well as the Lawyers required by the Republic to ensure the defence of the country's interests."

30 July letter from AVZ to PM:
"However, we would like to make a number of important clarifications to the statements made by the Minister of Mines and remind you that initial discussions were instigated at the request of the government and this is how Dathcom Mining SA has submitted a draft memorandum of understanding ("MoU") which provides a framework to facilitate talks in calm conditions."

How can there be no discussions after both sides said there was!?

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 40 users

JNRB

Regular
Wait, so are they bragging about facr rhar they're making no effort to resolve this through dialogue with AVZ??

I don't think they really thought this one through....
Gonna be great to add to the list for arbitration though.

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Seriously dumb

Reactions: 13 users

Bin59

Regular

Disputed Manono lithium mining project in DRC sparks concern​

DIDIER MAKAL
8 AUG 2024AFRICA
Comments Share article

• A lithium mining project in the DRC that was expected to begin in 2023 is still pending.
  • The Congolese government and mineral exploration company AVZ Minerals are fighting over the rights to an ore concession awarded to the Chinese company Zijin Mining.
  • Delays are lengthening for residents waiting for jobs, and the local population has not yet been informed of how lithium mining will impact their environment.
LUBUMBASHI, Democratic Republic of Congo — In Manono, a town in the province of Tanganyika, in the northern part of the Democratic Republic of Congo’s (DRC) Katanga region, a mining project has still not broken ground, more than two years after the confirmation of a sizeable lithium deposit. Lithium has been in high demand worldwide for about a decade for the production of lithium batteries — the best electrical energy storage system currently available. The prospecting of the Manono deposit has brought hope that infrastructure such as roads will be developed and jobs will be created for local residents.

Thus far, agriculture has remained the primary economic activity in Manono and the surrounding region. Young people, however, are turning away from farming in a quest to earn quick money. They climb down into hand-dug, underground galleries looking for cassiterite, another popular mineral in the electronics industry, in demand among Indian and Chinese buyers, who have established trading posts on site.
An artisanal miner in North Kivu holds cassiterite crystals, from which tin can be extracted: young people in Manono also dig for this mineral to sell to traders. Image by Laura Heaton/Enough Project via Flickr (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0).
An artisanal miner in North Kivu holds cassiterite crystals, from which tin can be extracted: young people in Manono also dig for this mineral to sell to traders. Image by Laura Heaton/Enough Project via Flickr (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0).

“This conflict is affecting us. We are waiting for the [lithium] mining project to develop Manono,” said Dieumerci Kabila, a local radio journalist and civil society activist living in the town, regarding the impact of the conflict on the community.

A public company named Zaïretain operated a tin mine in Manono until 1982, after which activity dwindled gradually to a complete halt in 1998 with the Second Congo War, when armed rebel forces from Rwanda and Uganda rose up against Laurent-Désiré Kabila (1939-2001). Several private companies have also bought rights to mining sites on the deposits owned by the public company, whose name has since changed to Cominière.

AVZ estimates the Manono Lithium Project’s total mineral resources at 400 million tons, and the project has brought hope for the economic revival of Manono, which declined with Zaïretain’s closure.
Workers conducting exploratory drilling on the Manono concession. Image by AVZ (Fair Use).
Workers conducting exploratory drilling on the Manono concession. Image by AVZ (Fair Use).
Core samples from the Manono concession. Image by AVZ (Fair Use).
Core samples from the Manono concession. Image by AVZ (Fair Use).

AI also revealed that Zijin had recently committed $70 million to humanitarian aid projects for victims of violence in the eastern DRC through the joint venture Manono Lithium. However, only $40 million was received by the recipient, an NGO named Le Bouclier, the rest having vanished, according to AI, from an unidentified transitional account. According to the same source, the president of the NGO, Jean-David E’ngazi, has been on the board of directors of Cominière, Manono Lithium’s other joint owner, since 2023.
The Manono concession area. Image and map courtesy AVZ (Fair Use).
The Manono concession area. Image and map courtesy AVZ (Fair Use).

Environmental impacts yet to be assessed​

According to the journalist, Kabila, and Cyprien Kitanga, the administrator of the territory of Manono, an environmental impact assessment of the mine has yet to be conducted; nevertheless, all that is pending for Dathcom is its lithium mining permit. The same goes for Manono Lithium, whose research is advertised as very far along.
But according to Kabila, who has been following the lithium project’s evolution, a cahier de charges, an agreement between the company and the affected communities, hasn’t been developed either. “People [civil society activists] need training” to better understand the future environmental issues related to mining, Kabila said.

Kitanga isn’t aware of any environmental impact assessment, either, although the studies are a prerequisite for opening any mining project. “The company is not acting in good faith,” Kitanga said. He also noted how the wait is drawing out for local residents, and there aren’t even steps being taken to “win the people’s confidence” and reassure them about the mining project.

However, Célestin Kibeya, Cominière’s actingmanaging director, guaranteed on a call with Mongabay the study has been done and should be published on the company’s website in May. (As of Aug. 7, it had not yet appeared.) As for when operations will start, he said, “The feasibility study results must first be approved” by the Ministry of Mines.

A version of this article was originally published on our French website on 8 May 2024 as Inquiétudes sur les retombées du lithium de Manono en RDC

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

SilentOne

Regular
Well I am sure that the ICSID and ICC will validate the content of the above letter and take it into consideration when deliberating outcomes/rulings.

I am sitting on the edge of my lounge waiting with bated breath for the rulings.

SilentOne

Reactions: 15 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
They’re pushing hard for us to run out of cash, hope our highly paid cfo/new ceo Jan has got his shit sorted

Reactions: 13 users

Samus

Top 20
This shit show just gets worse and worse, time to cut them off and take them to the cleaners by the fastest means possible.
Nobody should have to endure years of this shit. Fucking dumb assholes don't know if they're Arthur or Martha.

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Scoota30

Regular
Playing devils advocate here, there's no official stamp on the communication AVZ shared, just signatures?

If this isn't official comms, where did AVZ get it from and who fabricated it?

Either way the ICSID has instructed the DRC gov to pull their heads in so if they just aren't communicating and not following interim orders, hurry up and fast track this ICSID and put the sword into them. Bunch of corrupt 🤬🤬🤬

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom