AVZ Discussion 2022

JAG

Top 20
1720567732346.png

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Seems quite surgical... no "thank you" on departure from the company?! The language ("resigned... effective immediately") suggests, 'cut ties, introduce newcomers, move-on'... interesting!

• Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Quick question, why is everyone so certain the board changes at Global Lithium is positive for AVZ? Could equally be coincidental or a non-event or even negative for AVZ. Am I missing something?

Also anyone have the next ICSID or ICC important date??
Well, we picked that like a snotty nose, and now the facts are out there, we can probably say it's a positive for AVZ from the perspective that GL1 has had to act on the participation of one of it's BoD in the dirty tactics (cough cough) of undermining our BoD through less than savoury tactics, let alone being associated with Carrick. Maybe Pei was also involved in the background?

So its negative publicity for the scum

Looks like Pei has taken the opportunity to install his man as chief of GL1, but thats not our business (unless he tries to fuck with us).

Good fucking luck to holders of GL1

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 28 users
Like to get the same campaign on Michael Carrick but the company he chairs, RTG Mining is woeful and has no relevance

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Rediah

Regular
I watched a true crime docuseries on Netflix that follows the story of how internet users came together to track down a criminal after a disturbing video surfaced online. Despite them never meeting in real life, their collective efforts led to the capture of the killer.

"Don't F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer​

A twisted criminal's gruesome videos drive a group of amateur online sleuths to launch a risky manhunt that pulls them into a dark underworld."

There should be one with

Don't F**k with AVZ: Unmasking the Chinese Payroll Mafia​

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 25 users

Frank

Top 20
1720571555799.png

The Australo-Chinese lithium squabble is still caught up in the courts – no AVZ representative would speak to me for this article, and when I tried to attend a hearing between the parties at the International Chamber of Commerce’s International Court of Arbitration, in Paris, I was told that such proceedings are secret.

Graeme Johnston, the technical director for AVZ, declined to be interviewed but he did send me a series of emails. In his last message, he wrote that the Chinese firms trying to wrest control of the Manono lithium concession were ‘a bunch of gangsters’.

The cases were in court, he said. ‘We are facing a concerted and well-funded disinformation campaign in the DRC paid for by our Chinese mates,’ he continued.

He ended with a geopolitical kicker, the type of thing that the State Department officer had been so concerned with when we spoke.

‘Since this deposit could supply 20 percent of the global lithium supply it is logical to assume that those who end up with Manono will be able to control the world’s lithium price.’

Nicolas Niarchos​

Nicolas Niarchos is a writer whose work focuses on minerals, conflicts and migration.

His work has been published in the New Yorker, the Nation and the New York Times.

In 2023, he won an Edward R. Murrow award for a radio report from Ukraine for the New Yorker and WNYC.

He is writing an upcoming book about battery metals for Penguin Books.

Last edited:
Reactions: 32 users

Samus

Top 20
‘Since this deposit could supply 20 percent of the global lithium supply it is logical to assume that those who end up with Manono will be able to control the world’s lithium price.’
So why don't these cunts just pay us for it fair and square ffs.
Problem solved!
That's got to be worth a few 10's of billions.

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Seems quite surgical... no "thank you" on departure from the company?! The language ("resigned... effective immediately") suggests, 'cut ties, introduce newcomers, move-on'... interesting!

Well good ol' GL-Jonesy has been shown the fucking door!!!

It's a beautiful thing

By the way Geoff....

1720575550032.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Azzler

Top 20
I watched a true crime docuseries on Netflix that follows the story of how internet users came together to track down a criminal after a disturbing video surfaced online. Despite them never meeting in real life, their collective efforts led to the capture of the killer.

"Don't F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer​

A twisted criminal's gruesome videos drive a group of amateur online sleuths to launch a risky manhunt that pulls them into a dark underworld."

There should be one with

Don't F**k with AVZ: Unmasking the Chinese Payroll Mafia​

I saw that!

The guy was a fucking psycho.
Was disturbing to know real people like that are just walking around the place.

Reactions: 6 users

Dave Evans

Regular
The article in the Twitter link by GuruDurkan is an excellent read and gives the history of Manono with lots about AVZ (It’s a long read though!)

GuruDukun
@GuruDukun

It explores the geopolitical struggle between China (#Zijin) and Australia ($avz) over these resources. Essential reading for understanding the project's impact and challenges.

https://granta.com/power-metals/?fbclid=IwY2xjawD6DGRleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHQiZ8LUQGcQlwXy-9z3jlbf1Bqef696RsuFZ1i8VAR-YekWNzKiIB7oKeg_aem_gG1obQ6SNRaLqaK5GZKe5Q

https://t.co/bs0V4ybNbQ

Anyone thinking Global Lithium didn’t know what Geoff Jones was up to is kidding themselves. They only sacked him to try and save their own arse because they knew they were involved in an illegal scam and are trying to avoid an investigation.

My own personal view is the Chinese are using Global Lithium as an Australian company to acquire shares in other Australian assets the way Zijin did here with their subsidiary Bellamel who previously scooped up AVZ shares on the quiet.

Remember Zijin owned Norton Goldfields took over Bellamel and Dianmin Chen (who founded Global Lithium & has just been made Executive Director) was the Managing Director of Norton Goldfields

Dave Evans
@DaveEva12049801

Is @dfat aware of fraudulent emails sent to AVZ Minerals shareholders by Michael Carrick and Geoff Jones. Brief overview in the link below of attempts by Chinese entities to usurp the AVZ BOD and steal critical minerals

thestockexchange.com.au
ASIC AND AUSTRALIAN TREASURY

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Dave Evans

Regular
The article in the Twitter link by GuruDurkan is an excellent read and gives the history of Manono with lots about AVZ (It’s a long read though!)

GuruDukun
@GuruDukun

It explores the geopolitical struggle between China (#Zijin) and Australia ($avz) over these resources. Essential reading for understanding the project's impact and challenges.

https://granta.com/power-metals/?fbclid=IwY2xjawD6DGRleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHQiZ8LUQGcQlwXy-9z3jlbf1Bqef696RsuFZ1i8VAR-YekWNzKiIB7oKeg_aem_gG1obQ6SNRaLqaK5GZKe5Q

https://t.co/bs0V4ybNbQ

Anyone thinking Global Lithium didn’t know what Geoff Jones was up to is kidding themselves. They only sacked him to try and save their own arse because they knew they were involved in an illegal scam and are trying to avoid an investigation.

My own personal view is the Chinese are using Global Lithium as an Australian company to acquire shares in other Australian assets the way Zijin did here with their subsidiary Bellamel who previously scooped up AVZ shares on the quiet.

Remember Zijin owned Norton Goldfields took over Bellamel and Dianmin Chen (who founded Global Lithium & has just been made Executive Director) was the Managing Director of Norton Goldfields

Dave Evans
@DaveEva12049801

Is @dfat aware of fraudulent emails sent to AVZ Minerals shareholders by Michael Carrick and Geoff Jones. Brief overview in the link below of attempts by Chinese entities to usurp the AVZ BOD and steal critical minerals

thestockexchange.com.au
ASIC AND AUSTRALIAN TREASURY

Might as well put my last two bobs worth in before I actually start getting on with some of my own fucky shit.

Why do you think someone like Dianmin Chen who has now been linked with two companies that have tried to take shares in AVZ (Bellamel and Global Lithium) would be interested in founding a two bit low grade dud of a company like Global Lithium if it wasn’t to get a back door entry into Australian assets

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Mute22

Regular
It's amazing the trail of people who have been willing to bet their reputation, freedom and integrity to get a piece of the action or help the Chinese steal Manono for cents on the dollar.

Each a person in a good position who are already comfortable, why take the risk? It shows how many backdoor bribes and threats have happened over the past few years. Greed begets greed and for some it was too much for them to gain to not take the risk.

This will be their undoing as they will soon find out there is no honor amongst thieves...

Meanwhile you have Nigel and co driven more by vindication and vengeance now more than the possible material gain I suspect.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Well good ol' GL-Jonesy has been shown the fucking door!!!

It's a beautiful thing

By the way Geoff....

View attachment 66276
I would say Geoffrey Jones couldn't give a flying fuck about losing 1 directorship, it is just one of many.

What hurts more is being shown the door without a thank you, or bonus plus a name not worth a cracker.

Making an entrance in a board room wearing a 'I am Geoffrey Jones and am fukking cheap' cap, doesn't score a lot of brownie points.
The moment he opens his mouth during a board meeting it will be:
'For fuk sake Geoffrey shut up, we know all about you. How about taking long service leave in upper Mongolia for 20 years?'.

It looks like Global Lithium booted Geoffrey out for nothing more than self preservation, hopefully other companies and shareholders wake up to Geoffrey Jones' practices and feel the same need.

I wonder what certain people think having been known to have been associated with this not very smart person.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 28 users

mikejoho

It's amazing the trail of people who have been willing to bet their reputation, freedom and integrity to get a piece of the action or help the Chinese steal Manono for cents on the dollar.

Each a person in a good position who are already comfortable, why take the risk? It shows how many backdoor bribes and threats have happened over the past few years. Greed begets greed and for some it was too much for them to gain to not take the risk.

This will be their undoing as they will soon find out there is no honor amongst thieves...

Meanwhile you have Nigel and co driven more by vindication and vengeance now more than the possible material gain I suspect.
Good points

IMO - It also indirectly highlights the value of what we are dealing with here.

The amount of money offered by the puppet master to individuals to act as puppets must be exorbitant for the individuals to accept, as they will now know their careers / reputations are irreparable and they will need to retire and move offshore to .....Peru. Personally, I couldn't look at myself in the mirror or accept the thought that my family, kids, grandkids etc would only know me as a money-grubbing, treasonous leach regardless as to how much was offered.

This isn't over yet. The Chinese know the inherent value and through their desperate puppeteering, have highlighted this. The offer of 1 cent is therefore counter-intuitive to this. C’mon Nige and team, keep fighting the good fight. Let’s show these corrupt fuckers what the anzac spirit is about.

PS. The inevitable Netflix series on this will be a cracker – the ultimate David v Goliath, good v evil. I am sure Netflix will travel to Peru to interview the damned who fell on the wrong side of history.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Dijon101

Regular

If you take Graeme Johnston on his word that the Chinese firms are a 'bunch of gangsters' then I'd say the crew including Geoffrey Jones are in way over their head.

Bunch of puppets probably collecting multiple bonuses from multiple mining company's. All of them trying to gain control of the world's critical mineral supply for their Chinese masters.

Made some promises to get control of AVZ board, thought we'd roll over.. The thing is, id be surprised if the corruption and Brown paper bags is confined to just the other side of the Indian Ocean.

Reactions: 14 users

Spikerama

Regular
I would hazard a guess that just because he's been ejected doesn't mean he stops trying to accrue shares.

Reactions: 4 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Carrick has apparently got just over a million shares - would say his endeavours will be limited as no point in selling for pennies without tax consideration for 11 months. Unfortunately the prick will profit once we’re taken out though but no chance of rolling the board.

I have done some research Spike and I don’t think our board will get rolled at the AGM, if we even reach that far (Chinese showed their hand, asic and firb interested) plenty of recourse considering many of these shares were accumulated under duplicitous context - just my opinion

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Spikerama

Regular
Carrick has apparently got just over a million shares - would say his endeavours will be limited as no point in selling for pennies without tax consideration for 11 months. Unfortunately the prick will profit once we’re taken out though but no chance of rolling the board.

I have done some research Spike and I don’t think our board will get rolled at the AGM, if we even reach that far (Chinese showed their hand, asic and firb interested) plenty of recourse considering many of these shares were accumulated under duplicitous context - just my opinion

Fingers and toes crossed mate, that you are right. I don't think we can afford to be complacent though.

Hat's off to all those keeping the pressure on and apologies for not generating any new material to put to use but I've been smashed with a big project from one of my clients pretty much as soon as I got back from Singapore. Will get onto is as soon as I can.

Reactions: 13 users
Geez not many asx listed companies would have a chairmen with no skin in the game. Was chairman for more than 12 months and didn’t own any shares. What a grub!!
IMG_1375.png

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Frank

Top 20
1720604178981.png

1720604216269.png

1720605176214.png

#Hmmm.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thinking