• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Rediah

Regular
These are all good news, right ? and the news article is favouring us too in a bigger scheme of things ?

At times all I look for is affirmation of good/right news from the trusted sources.

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

JAG

Top 20
1653727552193.png

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 32 users

CHB

Regular
Give us the ML and BFS and extra 15% and let's get on with it

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

Samus

Top 20
franck2.jpg

💪💪💪

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
Thanks for sharing @JAG & @ Sammael.
Suspension extension was necessary and might be further extended to have the formal reviews investigations and committee meetings held. DRC want to do this via the book. As much as we cry faul, any overturning of the fraudulent transfer of Cominiere shares in Dathcom to Zijin must be seen to have followed due process other wise it will again look like a shady decision. From all these snippets it seems to be turning out all just fine, but might take a bit more time. Again proof management and DRC institutions are doing the right thing by staying quiet and not engage in tit for tat social media warfare, let process run its course and keep high ground, works for me.

Reactions: 23 users

Samus

Top 20
This lithiumlunatic may have uncovered something worthy of our attention as well, apparently publicly available. What do you guys think :unsure:

Curious on your take here at @Xerof

Edit : I guess it doesn't change anything in regards to what we know but it still isn't nice seeing it officially stamped.

20220528_225136.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Not sure if this has been noted previously. A correction by AFR's Tony Boyd at the end of his pathetically researched article regarding AVZ battle against fraud and misinformation.
Screenshot_20220528-213429.png

Reactions: 10 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Not sure if this has been noted previously. A correction by AFR's Tony Boyd at the end of his pathetically researched article regarding AVZ battle against fraud and misinformation. View attachment 7981
35 years of cut and paste experience more like it...........;)

AFR is a joke.

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Frank

Top 20
This lithiumlunatic may have uncovered something worthy of our attention as well, apparently publicly available. What do you guys think :unsure:

Edit : I guess it doesn't change anything in regards to what we know but it still isn't nice seeing it officially stamped.

*Fyi, fwiw, Speaking of China, the DRC and Europe , I see where,

George Forrest: "The State must put in place factors of security and justice to encourage people to invest in the DRC"

1653741030186.png

The name of the country changes and changes again, heads of state come and go, George Forrest stays.

Although he is of New Zealand origin and has had a Belgian passport since the mid-1990s, his name is inseparable from the Congo and even more so from the province of Katanga, in the south-east of the country, where he saw the day in 1940.

It was from there that he made the family group created by his father, Malta, and today managed by his son, also named Malta, active in building and public works, construction, energy, mining, agri-food…

Being one of the biggest fortunes of the African continent, George Forrest remains an important economic player and a man of influence.

Formerly in the crosshairs of the press and NGOs, without ever in the end being found guilty of the acts of which he was accused, the man willingly puts forward his many philanthropic activities.

He is notably at the origin of the visit to the University of Lubumbashi by Dr Mukwege, whose action he early supported, at the beginning of last March.

He had on this occasion granted an interview to La Libre in his vast office, decorated with works of art and souvenirs revealing snippets of a long life of 82 years, to discuss the evolution of the Congo and its various projects.

The current power has signed agreements to recover assets that were in the hands of businessman Dan Gertler, close to the former president. What do you think of these agreements?

Is Dan Gertler still very powerful in the DRC?

He lost a lot with the departure of Kabila, but I cannot comment on agreements that I do not know. I think if they made them, they are good.

There are currently strong tensions between the Kasaians and the Katangese.

What is it due to?

How to avoid it getting out of hand?

These tensions have always existed because there have always been many Kasaians in key positions, even at the time of colonization. Now they land in Katanga due to the current problems in Kasai. This irritates the population who judges that they come to take the place of the Katangese.

The government is trying to do something to develop Kasai and ensure that the Kasaians stay there, but it has few resources and its task is not made easier by all the conflicts and by the Chinese...

What's wrong with the Chinese?

They don't respect anything, not even the population. :cry: :mad: :rolleyes:

Do they pay customs duties?

We discover Chinese deposits with minerals everywhere.

They come and go without anyone knowing.

They live among Chinese, they import everything, they don't even support the local economy.

The Congolese power does not have enough power to oppose it?

The President tries to put pressure to change this mentality of the Chinese but it is not easy.

Do you have good contacts with the president?

Do you think there will be elections in 2023?

I think so.

Don't have a favorite candidate?

(A smile as the only answer)

You have a controversial image in Belgian public opinion, following the accusations, which you have always defended, of trafficking in arms and looting of minerals, brought against seen by NGOs and in the media. Are you less the target of criticism today?

I have the impression that it is less and that the media realized that they were manipulated by the NGOs.

These accusations were not in good faith?

These NGOs were paid. We proved in Le Soir and La Libre that a very influential English NGO had received money, $250,000, from a local miner, to defend them and attack us. And as the NGOs listen to each other, it was off in a dazzling attack, notably orchestrated by the CNCD 11.11.11.

Have you had contact with them?

I tried to argue, but they refused because their opinion was made up.

The European Union has constantly insisted on its desire to be an important strategic partner for Africa. Is it still possible?

It's limit. 25 years ago, I said during the visit of a Belgian economic mission, that if Europe did not come, and the Belgians in particular, we would lose the Congo and Africa.

And when a Europe-Africa conference was held in Libya (in 2010, Editor's note), to which I had been invited by Yves Leterme (then Prime Minister, Editor's note), I again intervened to say that Europe had to find solutions.

In fact, we have already lost. You have the Chinese, the Indo-Pakistanis who we don't talk about because they come more discreetly. But they hold all the trade.

The Russians are trying to establish themselves…

Mentalities also need to change in Europe.

When you see how others operate here, we are penalized.

We respect all the rules of Europe, we have a compliance committee which is very strict and at the same time we play in a game...

The banks, if you are in Congo, they close your accounts. If we don't help change and people ready to invest, they won't come.

Is it the responsibility of the Congolese power?

Yes and no.

Yes, because there has been widespread corruption and not because when a new power arrives that tries to bring order, you have to loosen the belt a little.

That's to say ?

That foreign banks let people operate.

Here, when you make a transaction from one bank to another, it takes a week, ten days. You are asked thirty-six questions about the origin of the money before releasing it, even 100 dollars…

That is the responsibility of European governments and in particular the Belgian government which does not protect its entrepreneurs and thus acts under pressure NGOs and the press.

Are you optimistic, pessimistic or discouraged about the future of the DRC?

It's hard to get discouraged.

If we find several people like us and Congolese who are entrepreneurs, we can develop the country. But for that, there are the factors of security and justice. That is the role of the Congolese state. If you start with that, people will come and invest.

Me, I bet on agriculture, because the Congo is an agricultural country, not a mining country. If you redo the roads, you will again have local products on the market. Then there is education. The more educated people you have, the more the country will function, the less people will go abroad because they will be able to find jobs at home.

1653741321468.png

#Hmmm.jpg

Food for thought on the Road to Manono :unsure:

Fingers crossed 🤞

Cheers 🍻

Frank :cool:

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Samus

Top 20

• Fire
  • Love

CHB

Regular

Honestly don't know why people still reply to him.

Best to just leave it then wait for what announcement comes out

Reactions: 5 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971

View attachment 7996

These docs have been available for weeks now. That's why I mentioned a long time ago that the whole thing with Z and D was a buggers muddle, and needed to be looked at with an open mind. You could take the high road, and completely freeze everyone out, which Nigel seems to have done, and that may well be on excellent legal advice. I am confident AVZ are right, but it needs to be sorted by the DRC, if Nigel's advice is correct. It disturbs me that it doesn't seem to be able to be put to bed. YET.....

Don't shoot the messenger, but DerGeist/Li, whoever it may be has been fed the other side of this situation, and I suspect the uncertainty created triggered a 'sell now, ask questions later' mentality.

Then along came Franck, with some very interesting counter-evidence. Felix needs to act on it.

My 'summary' of it all is that it requires time to sort it all out, probably some intervention via highest courts, without corrupt judges, (I note recent appointments there, replacing others....) to bring down the COMINIERE burglars, and Cong for that matter.

Z, I think, is dead in the water, and I now have suspicions of CATH too, but if they can be ring fenced at 24%, lets go with them. It's if other pricks muscle in that the going gets tough

Sounds as though the 5% in dispute with the old owners also needs a settlement (I have seen the recommendation to MofM that an amicable settlement should be undertaken). How the fuck that happens, I have no idea

Who the fuck knows? Probably only Nigel, and Felix

• Thinking
Reactions: 25 users

Helios

Regular

View attachment 7996

A lot of water under the bridge since November 2021. IGF investigation post, MoMs intervention, and mining decree. Mining code absolute, 51% must be maintained, inclusive of financial capability throughout duration of mine life.

Also..isn't this the one with wrong place of birth for NF.

Reactions: 8 users

Hemicuda

Regular
A lot of water under the bridge since November 2021. IGF investigation post, MoMs intervention, and mining decree. Mining code absolute, 51% must be maintained, inclusive of financial capability throughout duration of mine life.

Also..isn't this the one with wrong place of birth for NF.
yup Kuching?:unsure:

Bonsoir

Regular
DerGiest/Li appears to be getting more desperate, snippets on a few fronts but nothing concrete.

Franck seems to frustrate the hell out of him/her, becoming agitated, aggressive and disrespectful.

Hemicuda

Regular
DerGiest/Li appears to be getting more desperate, snippets on a few fronts but nothing concrete.

Franck seems to frustrate the hell out of him/her, becoming agitated, aggressive and disrespectful.
agree

Top Bottom