AVZ Discussion 2022

oxxa23

Regular
Jin Cheng not recognised as part of Dathcom, therefore the Dathcom Jv dispute ( cominiere / Jin cheng claimants ) will not be recognised either.

Double whammy win for AVZ.

Surely its time now for FT to say to Zijin........." Ok bud, you had your fun in the sun, you failed, tell your master Xi its now time i sit with AVZ and negotiate a outcome so i can get my " battery hub dream " started.

That would be common sense, but hey........this is the DRC :poop::poop::ninja:;)
not sure how auto correct enabled DRC and common sense in the one sentence....

good news today.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Zijin now know they cannot steal Manono .
Make a takeover offer that is reasonable and the BOD accept
A win win for all.
I am certainly open now for a TO, but i doubt China will be allowed to do that and in any event, would only pay peanuts, cause thats their mentality.

If they get control of Manono, they control the lithium sector....no doubt, cant let that happen....hopefully Australia govt and the west are very aware of that situation.

Hopefully the US / Europe ( critical mineral pact with AUST ) come into play or a BHP / RIO / FMG scenario.

imo

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Azzler

Top 20
Thanks for the reference Carlos.

I'm probably mistaken, but it seems most of this has been dealt with:

Todays ruling prevents Jin Cheng from it's ICC claim against AVZ, no jurastiction.
Dathomir agreed to withdraw the wind up application.
Com are being fined and were told their disolving of Dathcom had no merit.
DRC ordered to revert 13359 to Dathcom by ISCID, soon to have fines implemented for non compliance.

I'm wondering what action we are planning to take against Cominiere in upcomming ICC arbitration, if anyone knows.
Are we sueing them? Are we trying to have them ordered to take a particular action, or not take a particular action?

Reactions: 12 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Agree with a few opinions of Cruiser, obe, Carlos, tones. A bad day to be a corrupt regime or a crooked state sponsored actor. Devil will be in the details but couple this with the expected outcome/action from Dathomir case and some significant moves have been made on the chessboard. Jcm can go local but local don’t have jurisdiction of the jva. Comm don’t pay when liquidation of fine happens and it’s v bad from an optics and pressure pov for all remaining cases given they have all been linked pretty conclusively together.

Allow yourselves a smile this morning my friends. Plums are feeling good. Looking fwd to the Ann if/when it arrives.
Did you see Jag's left plum? He could win a price with that one on the royal show!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Scoota30

Regular
Does this ruling now put the TO price for Zijin up from $12 to $13???

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

TDITD

Top 20
Great result.

AVZs position on the case states ICC doesn't have jurisdiction to rule. ICC concludes, ICC doesn't have jurisdiction to rule.
I.e. Jin Cheng is not a holder in Dathcom!

The ICC tribunal held that Jin Chengs recourse to arbitration was unjustified (i.e. bullshit), close to $1M reimbursed to us, Jin Cheng to bear its legal costs $3M+.

The ICC did not rule on the validity of the reported sale by Cominiere to Jin Cheng of 15% (an nor was it intended to). These issues will be addressed in other ICC proceedings (ICC No. 27720/SP). The very case that Cominiere already have proudly amassed two emergency orders ruled against them in, 8th May of 50,000 Euros per day and 17th November of a further 50,000 Euros per day (of which AVZ has applied to ICC for partial award, a hearing on this matter April 3rd). On the case itself AVZ are due to submit its statement of claim by 30th April. Cominiere are hardly enamouring themselves to the arbitrator in this case so far.

This also puts the Jin Cheng and Cominiere joint (comedy) case (ICC No. 27769/SP) against AVZ, claims for damages into a very precarious position, funded by Jin Cheng who have just been ruled by ICC to hold no part in Dathcom. A procedural hearing on May 29, after which the tribunal will decide if this case merits being split the hearings with a hearing on jurisdiction (uh-oh) and then a hearing on merits (double uh-oh, this is where the corruption comes out).

Is this the catalyst?

Things are falling apart and fast for Cominiere and Zijin!

Dathomir are withdrawing their corrupt action seeking the wind up of Dathcom at Lubambashi court on the 25th March. (fines if they don't)

Its becoming harder and harder for Mr.President to pretend to ignore what's happening. Does the new DRC Government make the move ?

Does Zijin realise its methods of stalling and trying to bleed AVZ dry financially are now futile with AVZ gaining $30M (ironically that they will pay for as we all know Cominiere don't have the $$), plus an extra $20M funding facility from Locke if needed. (This latest win and the liquidating of emergency measures would surely be the final DD locke needed to sign off on the $20M).

Do Zijin after conclusion of the fine and funding situation for AVZ try come to the table with AVZ BOD and talk TO?

Are CATL still talking behind the scenes?

Are the DRC Government going to get serious about their battery hub bollocks they talk non-stop about?

Has the US (finally) realised the global importance of Manono and in doing so want a deal with AVZ to go mining and push out CATL?

Is Alain really the dumbest mother fucker to walk the planet this very moment in time?

That last one was rhetorical ;)

EDIT

Didnt even mention the ICSID, an the fact we have motioned for fines to be applied on DRC

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 75 users

oxxa23

Regular
oddly enough tommy turd richardson hasn't made any tweet today...

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

oxxa23

Regular
Great result.

AVZs position on the case states ICC doesn't have jurisdiction to rule. ICC concludes, ICC doesn't have jurisdiction to rule.

The ICC tribunal held that Jin Chengs recourse to arbitration was unjustified (i.e. bullshit), close to $1M reimbursed to us, Jin Cheng to bear its legal costs $3M+.

The ICC did not rule on the validity of the reported sale by Cominiere to Jin Cheng of 15% (an nor was it intended to). These issues will be addressed in other ICC proceedings (ICC No. 27720/SP). The very case that Cominiere already have proudly amassed two emergency orders ruled against them in, 8th May of 50,000 Euros per day and 17th November of a further 50,000 Euros per day (of which AVZ has applied to ICC for partial award, a hearing on this matter April 3rd). On the case itself AVZ are due to submit its statement of claim by 30th April. Cominiere are hardly enamouring themselves to the arbitrator in this case so far.

This also puts the Jin Cheng and Cominiere joint (comedy) case (ICC No. 27769/SP) against AVZ, claims for damages into a very precarious position, funded by Jin Cheng who have just been ruled by ICC to hold no part in Dathcom. A procedural hearing on May 29, after which the tribunal will decide if this case merits being split the hearings with a hearing on jurisdiction (uh-oh) and then a hearing on merits (double uh-oh, this is where the corruption comes out).

Is this the catalyst?

Dathomir are withdrawing their corrupt action seeking the wind up of Dathcom at Lubambashi court on the 25th March. (fines if they don't)

Its becoming harder and harder for Mr.President to pretend to ignore what's happening. Does the new DRC Government make the move ?

Does Zijin realise its methods of stalling and trying to bleed AVZ dry financially are now futile with AVZ gaining $30M (ironically that they will pay for as we all know Cominiere don't have the $$), plus an extra $20M funding facility from Locke if needed. (This latest win and the liquidating of emergency measures would surely be the final DD locke needed to sign off on the $20M).

Do Zijin after conclusion of the fine and funding situation for AVZ try come to the table with AVZ BOD and talk TO?

Are the DRC Government going to get serious about their battery hub bollocks they talk non-stop about?

Has the US (finally) realised the global importance of Manono and in doing so want a deal with AVZ to go mining and push out CATL?

Is Alain really the dumbest mother fucker to walk the planet this very moment in time?

EDIT

Didnt even mention the ICSID, an the fact we have motioned for fines to be applied on DRC
i think it's neck and neck alain vs klaus...

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Great result.

Is this the catalyst?

EDIT

nailed it.gif

Reactions: 13 users

Flight996

Regular
I note a significant change in language used by AVZ in its latest ASX announcement.

Previous announcements were rather measured in their criticism, and failed to directly call out government corruption. For instance, in March 2023, AVZ stated "The Company believes it is under besiegement by non-state actors who intend to unlawfully acquire, for themselves and/or other third parties, an interest in the Manono Project..."

Today's announcement plainly calls out DRC government corruption "The ICC tribunal did not rule on the validity of the purported sale by Cominière to Jin Cheng of 15% of the shares in Dathcom which the Company maintains breached AVZI’s pre-emption right and was tainted by corruption".

This is the first direct accusation of government corruption within the context of these ongoing disputes, and indicates that Nigel and the board are now on the front foot and prepared to raise the stakes in their fight with Cominiere and its Chinese backers.

Cheers
F

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 54 users

Mr_Tones83

Regular
Reactions: 6 users

Remark

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 34 users

Mr_Tones83

Regular
His previous post was deleted - It stated that it was bad news for AVZ.

Obviously Tommy doesn't know what the fuck he is doing! It's no surprise to anyone here.
Obviously I was on the money and he was once again fed info from Zijin then. He's almost as bad as the Hooter.

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

oxxa23

Regular
  • Sad
Reactions: 20 users

Mr_Tones83

Regular
I mean he hasn't reported back today on the news... as expected, won't report avz wins... only tweeted yesterday when he thought it was bad...
Oh yeah, wouldn't expect anything less from him

Reactions: 10 users

robface

Regular

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users

Dijon101

Regular
I note a significant change in language used by AVZ in its latest ASX announcement.

Previous announcements were rather measured in their criticism, and failed to directly call out government corruption. For instance, in March 2023, AVZ stated "The Company believes it is under besiegement by non-state actors who intend to unlawfully acquire, for themselves and/or other third parties, an interest in the Manono Project..."

Today's announcement plainly calls out DRC government corruption "The ICC tribunal did not rule on the validity of the purported sale by Cominière to Jin Cheng of 15% of the shares in Dathcom which the Company maintains breached AVZI’s pre-emption right and was tainted by corruption".

This is the first direct accusation of government corruption within the context of these ongoing disputes, and indicates that Nigel and the board are now on the front foot and prepared to raise the stakes in its fight with Cominiere and its Chinese backers.

Cheers
F

They wouldn't be able to write this in a company statement unless it's been proven true in the courts.. Otherwise it's slander.

Reactions: 6 users

Peterg

That's great. Avz forgot to say our next move is to get the mining license.

LOCKY82

Regular

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
Excellent read! Thanks for sharing 🔥

Reactions: 19 users
Top Bottom