AVZ Discussion 2022

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Watch the amazing PR spin come out especially if it’s objectively in avz favour. Let’s see

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Misfits

Regular
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users
Cant see too many saying bad news. Just Tommy Tits and that useless Iggy Bliss
also 'lithiumking' and 'SPECCAPITAL' but the latter deleted their post

• Thinking
  • Fire

Dazmac66

Regular
Found this on Twitter. Interesting!

Dazmac66

Regular
Not really sure how to post translated version. Feel free to repost if you know how.

Reactions: 1 users

Dijon101

Regular
His original post from his Chinese Masters was misread/mistranslated as it read "more bad news for AVZ"

Breakfast Down Syndrome GIF by Micropharms
jesus dude... lol

my type of humour after a monday martini

• Haha

JAG

Top 20
Regarding the negative nellies on other sites…..

They are negative because they know my left nut right now feels goooooooooood 👌

ball puppet GIF

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Jags on the vinegar strokes

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Not really sure how to post translated version. Feel free to repost if you know how.
Try screenshot

I can tell you how to do it on an apple, not a pear

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Rediah

Regular
Screen Shot 2024-03-18 at 7.13.47 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-18 at 7.13.29 pm.png

• Fire
  • Thinking

Dazmac66

Regular
Try screenshot

I can tell you how to do it on an apple, not a pear
I run Android not a lemon! haha. There we go, thanks Rediah.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha

CashKing

Regular
Regarding the negative nellies on other sites…..

They are negative because they know my left nut right now feels goooooooooood 👌

ball puppet GIF
Fuck that wasn’t my best go to w@nk but yolo cunts…

Tbag prob jerks off over he’s “Journalism” 😂 🤷‍♂️

GLTAH FFS 🤦

AIMO

• Haha

CHB

Regular
Sounds like we won the jurisdictional challenge woot

(Yicai) March 18 -- The dispute between a unit of Chinese mining giant Zijin Mining and Australia's AVZ Minerals over an unrecognized stake in the Manono lithium-and-tin project in the Democratic Republic of Congo will be heard by a DRC court, rather than the International Chamber of Commerce Court of Arbitration.

The ICC released its decision that it does not have jurisdiction to hear the case between Jincheng Mining and AVZ, Fujian province-based Zijin Mining announced today.

JCM launched an ICC case against AVZ in May 2022 after the Australian company failed to recognize Zijin Mining's purchase of a stake in Dathcom Mining, a joint venture controlled by AVZ which was granted the mining rights to the Manono project by the DRC government.

"This decision does not reflect on the merits of our case, but rather a redirection of legal proceedings," said Chen Chen, Zijin Mining's in-house legal counsel. “It signifies the ICC's inability to hear the matter at this time, which will now be raised in the local legal jurisdiction of the DRC.”

Zijin Mining remains confident in its ability to uphold the rights of all stakeholders involved and to ensure a fair resolution to this dispute through the DRC legal system, the company noted.

The Manono project is one of the world's largest lithium-rich LCT (lithium, cesium, tantalum) pegmatite deposits.

Dathcom was founded in 2016, with AVZ holding 60 percent, DRC government-owned Cominière 25 percent, and Dathomir Mining Resources the remaining 15 percent.

Zijin Mining kicked off negotiations with Cominière in June 2021 to acquire a 15 percent stake in Dathcom. The deal was inked and approved by the local government in November 2021.

However, after Zijin Mining's announcement of the deal, AVZ refused to acknowledge the Chinese company as a shareholder of Dathcom. Therefore, JCM launched an ICC case against AVZ over the validity of the stake it acquired in Dathomir in May 2022.

Will Celestin's wife be preceding over this one too?

:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

(Yicai) March 18 -- The dispute between a unit of Chinese mining giant Zijin Mining and Australia's AVZ Minerals over an unrecognized stake in the Manono lithium-and-tin project in the Democratic Republic of Congo will be heard by a DRC court, rather than the International Chamber of Commerce Court of Arbitration.

The ICC released its decision that it does not have jurisdiction to hear the case between Jincheng Mining and AVZ, Fujian province-based Zijin Mining announced today.

JCM launched an ICC case against AVZ in May 2022 after the Australian company failed to recognize Zijin Mining's purchase of a stake in Dathcom Mining, a joint venture controlled by AVZ which was granted the mining rights to the Manono project by the DRC government.

"This decision does not reflect on the merits of our case, but rather a redirection of legal proceedings," said Chen Chen, Zijin Mining's in-house legal counsel. “It signifies the ICC's inability to hear the matter at this time, which will now be raised in the local legal jurisdiction of the DRC.”

Zijin Mining remains confident in its ability to uphold the rights of all stakeholders involved and to ensure a fair resolution to this dispute through the DRC legal system, the company noted.

The Manono project is one of the world's largest lithium-rich LCT (lithium, cesium, tantalum) pegmatite deposits.

Dathcom was founded in 2016, with AVZ holding 60 percent, DRC government-owned Cominière 25 percent, and Dathomir Mining Resources the remaining 15 percent.

Zijin Mining kicked off negotiations with Cominière in June 2021 to acquire a 15 percent stake in Dathcom. The deal was inked and approved by the local government in November 2021.

However, after Zijin Mining's announcement of the deal, AVZ refused to acknowledge the Chinese company as a shareholder of Dathcom. Therefore, JCM launched an ICC case against AVZ over the validity of the stake it acquired in Dathomir in May 2022.
Weren't we hoping for ICC to determine the transfer to Zijin to be null and void? Reads to me that they've just determined they (ICC) don't have jurisdiction over the case and thus deferring it to 'local legal jurisdiction of the DRC' ? Which would be shit given corruption of local courts.

But idk I lose track of all the various disputes

• Thinking

Frank

Top 20
1710763878058.png

1710763908418.png

1710764020683.png

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

CHB

Regular
Weren't we hoping for ICC to determine the transfer to Zijin to be null and void? Reads to me that they've just determined they (ICC) don't have jurisdiction over the case and thus deferring it to 'local legal jurisdiction of the DRC' ? Which would be shit given corruption of local courts.

But idk I lose track of all the various disputes

I was just looking through it again and I think it's a bit of this..

I think if you go by the law then not having jurisdiction means that Zijin don't have a share in Dathcom which is an absolute positive.

However...the fallback position seems to be DRC courts...which if worked properly would carry on the verdict from ICC implying that they're not a part of Dathcom..but well..its DRC..so.......another shitfight...??

Also reading between the lines, if they end up winning in DRC courts, sounds like ICC still won't ultimately acknowledge their participation in Dathcom anyway?

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Charbella

Regular
We were asking the ICC not to hear the case as Jin Cheng is not, and never has been, a party of Dathcom and therefore they have no right to recourse through the ICC under Article 11 of the Dathcom JVA

Zijin's lawyers can chat as much shit as they want. This is a massive L for them if true considering they initiated these proceedings.

View attachment 59326
View attachment 59327
View attachment 59328
Chen Chen is still talking trash. Wouldn't it be nice to claim a few billion dollars in damages for delaying the project for 2 years with the intention to continue stalling the project after a massive loss?

Let us not forget that Jin Cheng claims that the Company has breached the Dathcom Joint Venture Agreement (Dathcom JVA), entitling the Claimants to the following principal relief: a claim of damages, estimated provisionally at US$850M for Jin Cheng and US$566M for Cominiere.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
I was just looking through it again and I think it's a bit of this..

I think if you go by the law then not having jurisdiction means that Zijin don't have a share in Dathcom which is an absolute positive.

However...the fallback position seems to be DRC courts...which if worked properly would carry on the verdict from ICC implying that they're not a part of Dathcom..but well..its DRC..so.......another shitfight...??

Also reading between the lines, if they end up winning in DRC courts, sounds like ICC still won't ultimately acknowledge their participation in Dathcom anyway?
We were asking the ICC not to hear the case as Jin Cheng is not, and never has been, a party of Dathcom and therefore they have no right to recourse through the ICC under Article 11 of the Dathcom JVA

Zijin's lawyers can chat as much shit as they want. This is a massive L for them if true considering they initiated these proceedings.

View attachment 59326
View attachment 59327
View attachment 59328
Ah I see. Thankyou. Yes definitely a nice win there. Fuck Zijin

aanti.dumb

Regular

This article (if true) seems to be regarding this announcement from OCT 2023 where AVZ didn't want ICC to hear the arguments from Zijin re 15% ownership as AVZ claim they are not share holders of Dathcom. So looks to be another (small) win for AVZ. Zijin will likely start proceedings in the corrupt DRC legal system so who knows where this goes next.

A small battle won in the war for Manono.
1710765556200.png

Top Bottom