AVZ Discussion 2022

TheCount

Regular
Chase,

If the company you worked for said you need to take a pay cut - what would you say.

Hmmmmm its easy to say when its not you.

I support the Board - get with the program.

Regards,

Silent One.
Remember COVID days? We all did it to help the company...
TC.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Remark

Top 20
https://x.com/asx_bots/status/1752844376731197739?s=20

1706745772815.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Felix doesn't give a frenchman's fuck about his people IMO, purely lining his families pockets

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

protoje

Regular
Felix doesn't give a frenchman's fuck about his people IMO, purely lining his families pockets
Definitely starting to look like that. So sell the frigging thing Nigel and let Felix sleep in the bed he made…
I have the utmost sympathy for the people of the DRC, to depend on a leader who is not taking care of their best interests: but after 20 months of trying, maybe it’s time to take care of the shareholders. Nigel isn’t getting any younger either…

Reactions: 7 users

LOCKY82

Regular
Confirm our rights legally and sell it up baby, not prepared to be stressed everyday for the life of this investment, where you can get completely fucked over at any moment

Reactions: 17 users

M.Bison

Regular
I am sure the option of selling has been thoroughly explored by management. We clearly haven’t received an offer anywhere remotely close to market value.

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

LOCKY82

Regular
I am sure the option of selling has been thoroughly explored by management. We clearly haven’t received an offer anywhere remotely close to market value.
Well if I want to buy your car but theirs question marks on the ownership rights I'll probably wait until that's clear, so we need ownership rights crystal clear imo

And for DRC to accept that

Reactions: 19 users

protoje

Regular
I’m not going to pretend to be more informed than anyone. And I know this is simplistic. And none of us wanted this. But from proceedings I’m going to surmise Zijin and Felix know the story with ownership and they’re colluding to smoke us out. If that’s the case, couldn’t the three parties negotiate to
1. Give us a decent offer rather than wait for final ICSID in 2026 (that time is our carrot here, the longer we leave it the less tasty that carrot gets because they might as well wait- after that Felix can still come up with some bullshit reason not to give us the license)
2. We withdraw from legal proceedings once the money is in the bank
3. Felix agrees to grant the mining license to them upon ownership (fucked but is what it is)
4. We eat cray rather than go cray.

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

CHB

Regular
I’m not going to pretend to be more informed than anyone. And I know this is simplistic. And none of us wanted this. But from proceedings I’m going to surmise Zijin and Felix know the story with ownership and they’re colluding to smoke us out. If that’s the case, couldn’t the three parties negotiate to
1. Give us a decent offer rather than wait for final ICSID in 2026 (that time is our carrot here, the longer we leave it the less tasty that carrot gets because they might as well wait- after that Felix can still come up with some bullshit reason not to give us the license)
2. We withdraw from legal proceedings once the money is in the bank
3. Felix agrees to grant the mining license to them upon ownership (fucked but is what it is)
4. We eat cray rather than go cray.
Personally think this is what's going to happen if we can top up our funding. Funding will be crucial to demonstrate we can go the distance.

Reactions: 4 users

protoje

Regular
Personally think this is what's going to happen if we can top up our funding. Funding will be crucial to demonstrate we can go the distance.
Yeah you’re right, funding is an issue.

Reactions: 1 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Cant we appeal to the Australian Government to help protect ownership of this critical mineral resource?
I mean they (FIRB) happy to tell us who can and cant buy into the company so help us out with some legal aid ffs

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Cant we appeal to the Australian Government to help protect ownership of this critical mineral resource?
I mean they (FIRB) happy to tell us who can and cant buy into the company so help us out with some legal aid ffs
This has been raised many times here doc. The Ambassador in Zimbabwe has even visited the DRC and spoken to Rolex boy and we have heard fuck all from her regarding our situation. Australian government has no right to interfere with the sale of Manono if it comes to that.
It still baffles me how little international coverage this debacle receives considering what is at stake.

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users

robface

Regular
Government decided to act tough then put it in the too hard basket. Tag them, email and question them.
Deboss only one with a response....15 minute phone call and his favourite government agency. Too bad he won't discuss details.

• Fire
  • Sad
I think many of you don't understand how ICSID works. We received ICSID interim orders on the 18th Jan. AVZ then has 7 days to review and agree to the terms and them the DRC govt has a subsequent 7 days after. Once both parties have responded then ICSID will provide the final interim orders.
Remember DRC signed up to ICSID.
ICSID asked AVZ that once permit is returned to AVZ and we receive the ML, will AVZ begin to mine. eg: build plant.

All will will be revealed in the coming weeks I suspect!!

Also don't forget we have the Zijin ICC case orders about to be announced as well.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 60 users

CHB

Regular
I think many of you don't understand how ICSID works. We received ICSID interim orders on the 18th Jan. AVZ then has 7 days to review and agree to the terms and them the DRC govt has a subsequent 7 days after. Once both parties have responded then ICSID will provide the final interim orders.
ICSID asked AVZ that once permit is returned to AVZ and we receive the ML, will AVZ begin to mine. eg: build plant.

Also don't forget we have the Zijin ICC case orders about to be announced as well.
In true form, maybe DRC gov will seek an extension and ICSID allow them another 3 months.

Jk

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

Dazmac66

Regular

Also don't forget we have the Zijin ICC case orders about to be announced
"I think many of you don't understand how ICSID works"
No shit! I would say 99.95% of us had never heard of it before this shit fight.
Thanks for the explanation though PPD - much appreciated.

Strongman

Regular

So assuming we responded in 7 days and DRC has 7 days to respond then that is today. What happens if DRC dont respond ??

D

Deleted member 2378

Theoretically you are right. But there is a very high chance the DRC will ignore the rulings, they also allowed cominiere to ignore the ICC rulings.
I mean many of us don’t had a clue how the DRC works, it’s a jungle where laws are written on toilet papers to use them like they want.

• Fire

20240201_181919.jpg

20240201_181955.jpg

• Fire

Doc

Master of Quan
Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom