AVZ Discussion 2022

Scoota30

Regular
Call me cynical but i wouldn't even bank on the reshuffle being a catalyst for the ML. Regardless, the ICSID provision hearing "should" be here any day/week now putting the brakes on the whole enterprise, and if they are going to agree to an MoU then you'd hope they would do it before May otherwise the ICSID rolls on to the next stage.

Reactions: 14 users

Roger2018

Regular
Hi Beish, love all your work and would've loved to watch you ask some pertinent questions to the board.

Unfortunately, the West is too far behind and with an election overshadowing 2024 in the US, I think China steps up and takes us out - a disasterous sitatuon for the western world but one that I predict happening.

I think ICSID will be the sticking point in which Z, Cath and another party will take us out to leave and never come back.

Don't see the west getting it done sadly, have been terrible disappointed with their levels of engagement thus far.

cheers,
Could FIRB block a buyout?

Reactions: 1 users

wombat74

Top 20
Call me cynical but i wouldn't even bank on the reshuffle being a catalyst for the ML. Regardless, the ICSID provision hearing "should" be here any day/week now putting the brakes on the whole enterprise, and if they are going to agree to an MoU then you'd hope they would do it before May otherwise the ICSID rolls on to the next stage.
Yep a reshuffle won't mean sh1t . AVZ does not have until May .It's all time wasting and excuses . DRC/China want AVZ to run out of money and f--k off . It's not rocket science .

Reactions: 9 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Not if the buyout is of Dathcom I don't think

Dathcom is the key to the ML and Manono

Dathcom is not domiciled in Australia so I'm not sure FIRB has any jurisdiction

Wouldn't be able to buyout AVZ directly per se but Dathcom a different kettle of fish

Happy to stand corrected if my interpretation isn't quite right

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
If AVZ management and shareholders are happy to sell then what right do FIRB have to force us to stay in suspension with no end in sight

If the Australian government are serious about securing critical minerals supply chains then they need to either step the fuck up and help us or they can buy us out themselves if they don't want us selling to China

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Not if the buyout is of Dathcom I don't think

Dathcom is the key to the ML and Manono

Dathcom is not domiciled in Australia so I'm not sure FIRB has any jurisdiction

Wouldn't be able to buyout AVZ directly per se but Dathcom a different kettle of fish

Happy to stand corrected if my interpretation isn't quite right
We can also sell the buyer AVZI which will avoid FIRB and DRC taxes

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

BEISHA

Top 20
If AVZ management and shareholders are happy to sell then what right do FIRB have to force us to stay in suspension with no end in sight

If the Australian government are serious about securing critical minerals supply chains then they need to either step the fuck up and help us or they can buy us out themselves if they don't want us selling to China
I think its the US that needs to step up and buy AVZ out.........after all, they need the critical minerals much more than Australia....;)

Blinken should speak to FT pronto and discuss that option and provide a brown paper bag to go with it.......lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
We can also sell the buyer AVZI which will avoid FIRB and DRC taxes

I think AVZI is domiciled in OZ (same as AVZ) so therefore might also potentially attract the attention of FIRB preventing the sale???

Agreed though that if AVZ management and shareholders are all happy with the sale then the FIRB should go and get royally fucked

Have seen fuck all from Aussie Govt or Government Agencies over the journey to help AVZ in it's plight so I'm not super keen on them stepping in and potentially blocking a sale at the last minute especially if we finally get a chance to get our fucking coin back!!

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users
I think AVZI is domiciled in OZ (same as AVZ) so therefore might also potentially attract the attention of FIRB preventing the sale???

Agreed though that if AVZ management and shareholders are all happy with the sale then the FIRB should go and get royally fucked

Have seen fuck all from Aussie Govt or Government Agencies over the journey to help AVZ in it's plight so I'm not super keen on them stepping in and potentially blocking a sale at the last minute especially if we finally get a chance to get our fucking coin back!!
I thought AVZI was registered in Singapore. Clearly not. Probs why we were trying to sell our holding in Dathcom to Green Lithium haha
20240112_130438.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Pokok

Regular
Could somebody explain to me why anybody would be interested in buying us out and taking over this shit fight if we don't have a mining licence,
and I don't see a mining licence any time soon , also why do people think we have got only till May , is this when AVZ is out of cash ??? if so ,,, well hard ball has been played for 18 months with no end in sight we need a decision quick , and forget any government to help us out as it would have already happened .

• Haha

Randenj

My understanding of the oft-stated May deadline is the 2year cut-off for suspension on the ASX. After that it is either a relist and come what may or a delist entirely). Both are not favourable financial outcomes under the current published circumstances. However, as others (Beisha?) have been vocal about on this forum and elsewhere, it is a grey area that is not clear at this point in time. Certainly there are some detractors of AVZ (eg think a certain proponent of sewerage systems) on other forums who are keen to promote the 2year suspension before automatic delisting. RE the cash issue? I'm not as up-to-date with that situation.

Reactions: 1 users

cruiser51

Top 20
My understanding of the oft-stated May deadline is the 2year cut-off for suspension on the ASX. After that it is either a relist and come what may or a delist entirely). Both are not favourable financial outcomes under the current published circumstances. However, as others (Beisha?) have been vocal about on this forum and elsewhere, it is a grey area that is not clear at this point in time. Certainly there are some detractors of AVZ (eg think a certain proponent of sewerage systems) on other forums who are keen to promote the 2year suspension before automatic delisting. RE the cash issue? I'm not as up-to-date with that situation.
Being delisted options were answered by Nigel, ie trading as a non listed company for a while, re-list, or list overseas.

• Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Yes delisted after two years in suspension however some extension possible under limited circumstances

1705027013165.png

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

I thought AVZI was registered in Singapore. Clearly not. Probs why we were trying to sell our holding in Dathcom to Green Lithium haha
View attachment 54064
Ok so I'm not completely crazy there was a company called AVZ International registered in Singapore in 2016 but it was struck off in 2018

20240112_133758.jpg

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

SilentOne

Regular
I would think that FIRB only refers to assets within Australia, or Australian Companies. I would guess that it would not have jurisdiction on an overseas Asset owned by an Australian company. Therefore, I would presume that it would be easier for AVZ to sell their interests in Dathcom than it would be to sell AVZ to a foreign company. (FIRB would then come into play).

This is what I am guessing and is definitely not advice and is more a thought bubble.

So we will need to see how things play out - personally I would rather wait for the ICSID / ICC to play out and get some rulings/clarifications. And yes the DRC will take note of any ICSID outcome due to it being linked to the World Bank and potential future funding.

Regards,

SilentOne

• Thinking
Reactions: 11 users
Could somebody explain to me why anybody would be interested in buying us out and taking over this shit fight if we don't have a mining licence,
and I don't see a mining licence any time soon , also why do people think we have got only till May , is this when AVZ is out of cash ??? if so ,,, well hard ball has been played for 18 months with no end in sight we need a decision quick , and forget any government to help us out as it would have already happened .
If Zijin are the buyer then the 'conflicts and disagreements between shareholders of Dathcom' that the MoM cited in her cancellation decree (despite it being a reason unknown to the mining code) will magically disappear imo

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

wombat74

Top 20
I would think that FIRB only refers to assets within Australia, or Australian Companies. I would guess that it would not have jurisdiction on an overseas Asset owned by an Australian company. Therefore, I would presume that it would be easier for AVZ to sell their interests in Dathcom than it would be to sell AVZ to a foreign company. (FIRB would then come into play).

This is what I am guessing and is definitely not advice and is more a thought bubble.

So we will need to see how things play out - personally I would rather wait for the ICSID / ICC to play out and get some rulings/clarifications. And yes the DRC will take note of any ICSID outcome due to it being linked to the World Bank and potential future funding.

Regards,

SilentOne
" And yes the DRC will take note of any ICSID outcome ."

We are about to find out , but you don't know that for sure .

Reactions: 5 users

Pokok

Regular
If Zijin are the buyer then the 'conflicts and disagreements between shareholders of Dathcom' that the MoM cited in her cancellation decree (despite it being a reason unknown to the mining code) will magically disappear imo
Hi Carlos , So you are saying like I am thinking , the only company that would buy us out without a mining licence is Zijin , to me that will be some tough negotiation , does the management need to put out an announcement at any stage of a negotiation with whoever ??

• Thinking

Dazmac66

Regular
I was thinking we would have some news re ICSID today. Should have known it would take twice as long as expected. My god - will it ever end..

• Sad
Reactions: 15 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Zijin, CATH and another conglomerate might get involved to take us out, I agree would be a shitshow negotiation. Imagine dealing with Chen CHen the evil lawyer for Zijin

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom