AVZ Discussion 2022

The DRC government got more law firms representing them than there are rappers in the wu tang clan

They stop getting paid if we get the licence so there is no chance this ends anytime soon without AVZ giving up the north imo

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

LOCKY82

Regular
The DRC government got more law firms representing them than there are rappers in the wu tang clan

They stop getting paid if we get the licence so there is no chance this ends anytime soon without AVZ giving up the north imo
Why give it up?! If they want it they should have to pay something!! Legally it is ours isn't it!?!?

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Why give it up?! If they want it they should have to pay something!! Legally it is ours isn't it!?!?
I think the quickest and most harmonious way out of this shitshow is to negotiate a deal on the north under the old split where we get a free carried minority ownership percentage of Manono Lithium with a deal to share the power plant

So we end up with 51% or 66% of the south and around 15% of the north at no cost allowing us to still have long term exposure to the entire deposit

From information available we gave up the north under the original split. Dathcom submitted a waiver and mining code says this means the area ceded automatically goes back to the state for the tender process. Not that the DRC government have any intention of allowing anyone but Zijin to have it.

Allegedly management have supporting documents that say we keep the north but so far they are yet to surface. Although this contradicts the claim that we will be part of a JV for the north in the May 4th 2022 announcement for the mining licence decree.

Our entire case at the ICSID is about the survival of our acquired rights which is a PE for the south only. Yes the DRC government could overrule this and grant a PE for the entire 13359 in accordance with the mining code but they haven't in the last 19 months. And I don't think they have any intention of ever changing that.

Nigel dropping that quote about sitting down to do a deal on the north in the new year wasn't accidental imo

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer

One of them is a former French justice minister

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

wombat74

Top 20
I think the quickest and most harmonious way out of this shitshow is to negotiate a deal on the north under the old split where we get a free carried minority ownership percentage of Manono Lithium with a deal to share the power plant

So we end up with 51% or 66% of the south and around 15% of the north at no cost allowing us to still have long term exposure to the entire deposit

From information available we gave up the north under the original split. Dathcom submitted a waiver and mining code says this means the area ceded automatically goes back to the state for the tender process. Not that the DRC government have any intention of allowing anyone but Zijin to have it.

Allegedly management have supporting documents that say we keep the north but so far they are yet to surface. Although this contradicts the claim that we will be part of a JV for the north in the May 4th 2022 announcement for the mining licence decree.

Our entire case at the ICSID is about the survival of our acquired rights which is a PE for the south only. Yes the DRC government could overrule this and grant a PE for the entire 13559 in accordance with the mining code but they haven't in the last 19 months. And I don't think they have any intention of ever changing that.

Nigel dropping that quote about sitting down to do a deal on the north in the new year wasn't accidental imo
Agree. Time and money also not on our side . I think 8 rigs drilling CDL is a big enough hint as to which way this is going .

Reactions: 3 users

cruiser51

Top 20
I thought it is pretty obvious, whatever happens Nigel will have to sit down to do a deal.

The court cases are to stop Zijin/ Cominiere in their track and improve AVZ's negotiating position.

I thought also the purpose of the ICSID is to bring the parties to the negotiating table, with a stick behind the door, just in case.

Legally fighting for financial damages is a last resort, just in case the DRC wishes to give a big fat finger.
I don't know if the DRC can afford that, too many other repercussions highly likely.
All imo.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Reactions: 6 users

muks

Our entire case at the ICSID is about the survival of our acquired rights which is a PE for the south only. Yes the DRC government could overrule this and grant a PE for the entire 13359 in accordance with the mining code but they haven't in the last 19 months. And I don't think they have any intention of ever changing that.

Fuck that, sell the lot.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

grassseeds

Regular
AVZ needs a convincing win from the court action to stay in the game. This would assist in gaining more capital and having support for continuing legal actions. If AVZ loses access to the North and also the Power Station, Zijin will go full bore on developing the North and this would diminish AVZ's ability to compete for sales Internationally.
My perception is that AVZ needs to win all the court cases so that they can do a deal to sell the project. Unfortunately, the Chinese influence in DRC is a potential blocker to get any non-Chinese competitive bidders.
For those shareholders expecting big returns on their AVZ investment, I suspect whatever happens everyone will be very disappointed.

Reactions: 9 users

LOCKY82

Regular
AVZ needs a convincing win from the court action to stay in the game. This would assist in gaining more capital and having support for continuing legal actions. If AVZ loses access to the North and also the Power Station, Zijin will go full bore on developing the North and this would diminish AVZ's ability to compete for sales Internationally.
My perception is that AVZ needs to win all the court cases so that they can do a deal to sell the project. Unfortunately, the Chinese influence in DRC is a potential blocker to get any non-Chinese competitive bidders.
For those shareholders expecting big returns on their AVZ investment, I suspect whatever happens everyone will be very disappointed.
You must be a hit at parties!

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users

9cardomaha

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

wombat74

Top 20
To be fair you also thought Fat Tail would get up . Not that I'm disagreeing with some of your post . Winning the court cases is essential .I've dropped my price to $2 . If anyone is interested please DM me .

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users
To be fair you also thought Fat Tail would get up . Not that I'm disagreeing with some of your post . Winning the court cases is essential .I've dropped my price to $2 . If anyone is interested please DM me .
$2 sounds good

Dave Evans

Regular
While we are waiting for ICC and ICSID decisions to be made, let’s keep the corrupt Chinese companies and what they are doing in the DRC in the news headlines.

And not just because these cunts asked for it by trying to steal Manono, but also because of the DRC people suffering in poverty because of Chinese corruption

Chinese Mining ‘Wrecking Lives’ In DRC​

Artisanal miners work at the Shabara mine near Kolwezi in southeastern Democratic Republic of the Congo. Some 20,000 people work at Shabara in shifts of 5,000 at a time. AFP/GETTY IMAGES

The Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) is home to some of the world’s most sought-after minerals.

Four-fifths of the world’s cobalt, a critical component in batteries used in electric vehicles and electronic devices, is in the DRC, along with more than 70% of global production.

The DRC also holds the world’s seventh-largest reserves of copper and is the third-largest producer.

The country and its people should be on verge of an economic boom. The constitution states that: “All Congolese people have the right to enjoy the national wealth.”

But there is a dark side for the Congolese who work in and live near the mines. China owns most of the industrial mines in the DRC and is responsible for child labor, horrific working and living conditions as well as systematic evictions of residents who live on its vast concessions.

A new report from the DRC-based Initiative for Good Governance and Human Rights, known by its French acronym, IBGDH, along with international rights group Amnesty International, shows how Chinese copper and cobalt mining is “wrecking lives” in the DRC.

“People are being forcibly evicted, or threatened or intimidated into leaving their homes, or misled into consenting to derisory settlements,” IBGDH President Donat Kambola said in a statement on September 12. “Often there was no grievance mechanism, accountability, or access to justice.”

The IBGDH is based in Kolwezi, one of the centers of mining expansion in the southern province of Lualaba, where cobalt and copper mining has skyrocketed in recent years.

Satellite imagery of Kolwezi has revealed this expansion over the last five years, as mines have crept into neighborhoods and entire city streets have disappeared.

The IBGDH interviewed more than 130 people at six different mining projects in Kolwezi. “Evictions are often carried out by mining operators with little concern for the rights of affected communities and little heed for national laws meant to curtail forced evictions in the mining sector,” the report stated.

In his new book, “Cobalt Red,” Siddharth Kara explores how the mining industry has ravaged the landscape of the DRC.

The air and water around mines have been contaminated with toxic dust and effluents from the mining processing. Millions of trees have been cut down.

Local miners operate in extremely dangerous conditions. “Cobalt is toxic to touch and breathe — and there are hundreds of thousands of poor Congolese people touching and breathing it day in and day out,” Kara told National Public Radio. “Young mothers with babies strapped to their backs, all breathing in this toxic cobalt dust.”

Kara, a fellow at Harvard University’s T.H. Chan School of Public Health, described inhumane conditions. “Imagine an entire population of people who cannot survive without scrounging in hazardous conditions for a dollar or two a day,” he said. “People are working in subhuman, grinding, degrading conditions.

They use pickaxes, shovels, stretches of rebar to hack and scrounge at the earth in trenches and pits and tunnels to gather cobalt and feed it up the formal supply chain.”

China’s stated intention is to corner these mineral markets. In 2009, then-DRC President Joseph Kabila signed a deal with the Chinese government for access to mining concessions. In short order, Chinese companies seized ownership of 15 of the country’s 19 primary industrial copper-cobalt mining concessions.

“They dominate mining excavation on the ground,” Kara said. “And not just that, they dominate the chain all the way through to the battery level. They have about 70% to 80% of the refined cobalt market and probably half of the battery market.”

DRC President Felix Tshisekedi has vowed to overhaul his predecessor’s deal, which he said unfairly benefits China more than the DRC. China vehemently disagrees. Paul Nantulya, a research associate at the Africa Center for Strategic Studies, said the dispute has the potential to sour DRC-China relations.

“It is perceived as patently unfair because obviously the Congolese side could have gotten a lot more,” he told VOA. “How are the Chinese partners likely to respond to this? I think it’s fair to say that they’re going to try and keep their piece as big as possible.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Dave Evans

Regular
I was just about to sign off for the day when I had a look at the ASX200 and saw the funniest thing I’ve seen all year 🤣🤣🤣

A year after Omni Bridgeway decided to try and instigate a class action against us (and offered to fund it just to try and suck people into their corrupt scam) they are down over 65% over the last year

How’s that dirty scam working out for you scumbags at Omni Bridgeway now 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_5938.jpeg
IMG_5937.jpeg

I threw in your 5 year chart too wankers. I think it might be time for Omni Bridgeway shareholders to start a class action against Omni Bridgeway

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 64 users

Dave Evans

Regular
I was just about to sign off for the day when I had a look at the ASX200 and saw the funniest thing I’ve seen all year 🤣🤣🤣

A year after Omni Bridgeway decided to try and instigate a class action against us (and offered to fund it just to try and suck people into their corrupt scam) they are down over 65% over the last year

How’s that dirty scam working out for you scumbags at Omni Bridgeway now 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 51901 View attachment 51902

I threw in your 5 year chart too wankers. I think it might be time for Omni Bridgeway shareholders to start a class action against Omni Bridgeway

Final thought for the day, might be a vacancy on the BOD at Omni Bridgeway for Michael 🥕 Carrotdick

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Pokok

Regular
Final thought for the day, might be a vacancy on the BOD at Omni Bridgeway for Michael 🥕 Carrotdick
3pm in Java , i'm going to celebrate your post with copious glasses of beer

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Reactions: 1 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Hey John you were at the AGM, I saw you.

Did you think carrot dick's performance was so convincing you would put your life savings on his performance?

To be extremely honest, I thought wow, somebody stuffed up and it wasn't me.

Huljich location during the AGM was a part of the Fat Tail show, a coward with a huge mouth, afraid to open his trap in public.

I do appreciate your opinion, because you are a thinker.
I realise it is your opinion and respect it as such, doesn't mean I agree with it.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion, that is why we are here, to test our opinions without fear.

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Why worry about the dick?
It's just a play on words and his name...

Carr-ick

Carrot-dick

I know I'm not overly smart but I think it might have been me that coined a few of those when the MMGA goons were on the scene

So it was just something like...

Pirate Pete ("Huge Lips" wasn't one of mine but I wish it was! :ROFLMAO:)

Carrotdick

and Dudbrooke

I didn't think about it too much...

They were just absolute, fucking first class, anti-AVZ, pro foreign interest, Zijin, Cong, China, DRC can live in poverty while we get brown paper bags sellout arseholes and the nicknames sorta rhymed and just seemed to fit

No need to interrogate Dave for a few throwaway nicknames that might have been my wine inspired whim that others picked up on and just had a bit of a laff with

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom