AVZ Discussion 2022

BEISHA

Top 20

No indication that the DRC elections are going to be postponed........

This article is stating the obvious, but what will be the reality?

I certainly hope the IGF gets respected going forward, cause it certainly hasn t been in the past regards to Manono!!

( double click for english translation )

6 days to go.

ticktock-clock.gif

Reactions: 9 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Not that we need any evidence about how tough the DRC locals are doing, but this article is just another stark reminder.

Kasai road workers earn 7000fc a day............a 3kg scoop of corn is now worth 8000fc :mad::mad:

Misery personified is what was expressed to FT!!...........rightly so.

I wonder if FT had the gall to wear that gold rolex watch when addressing the starving crowd ?..:unsure:🖕

Meanwhile the solution to the poverty is still sitting on surface , hundreds of million tonnes of white gold just waiting to be converted to billions upon billions of dollars to elevate lifestyles , but put on hold by sections of the DRC govt for their greedy self gain , dictated by China who dont give a fuck about the travesty at hand, just interested in control.

Disgusting.

Will this upcoming election be the pivot for desperate change ?

NFI.

Reactions: 31 users

9cardomaha

Regular
Was the hearing in Washington merely formalities? Would like to know what transpired even just an acknowledgement that the everyone showed up to the teleconference would do.
Hello AVZ.... Is anyone home
The seat of ICSID tribunal is Paris.

All parties were present, DLA has a solid ICSID veteran team. This is a different team from the ones repping ICC, because the legal framework have subtle differences.

Nige was on the virtual hearing as an observer.

Strong arguments made by DLA, pretty much aligned with my previous comments and thoughts on our approach - a few additional bits and pieces that have come out recently, just strengthening our case.

Tribunal chair made closing statements, asked questions of both DRC and AVZ for some clarity, more questions to DRC than us so good sign.

Verdict before Christmas - DLA still looking like Lebron, or even just shooting from half-court with 90% accuracy.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 101 users

Thaz

Regular

All parties were present, DLA has a solid ICSID veteran team. This is a different team from the ones repping ICC, because the legal framework have subtle differences.

Strong arguments made by DLA, pretty much aligned with my previous comments and thoughts on our approach - a few additional bits and pieces that have come out recently, just strengthening our case.

Tribunal chair made closing statements, asked questions of both DRC and AVZ for some clarity, more questions to DRC than us so good sign.

Verdict before Christmas - DLA still looking like Lebron, or even just shooting from half-court with 90% accuracy.
Thanks mate

Appreciate the insights.

I'd love to know how you get the info, but would rather you keep that tight and offer up unofficial and unverified info to us in the first instance!

Reactions: 15 users

9cardomaha

Regular
Thanks mate

Appreciate the insights.

I'd love to know how you get the info, but would rather you keep that tight and offer up unofficial and unverified info to us in the first instance!
happy oh yeah GIF by HERSHEY’S Cookies ’n’ Creme

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Many thanks 9card, and will never ask how you know such things!

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

BRICK

Regular

Christmas present from the DRC might be nice

• Haha

timb89

Regular

AVZ Case
"We did everything in the bounds of the law and our contractual obligations."

DRC Case
"Waaaah"

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
What was the crux of the DRC case again? we relinquished the north or something to do with Nigel's directorship at AJN?

Either way, I find it very hard to believe we can ever work with the drc again (although I hope we do)

Reactions: 4 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Thanks mate

Appreciate the insights.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Ben_Jovi

Christmas present from the DRC might be nice
Ganfeng offtake was christmas time years ago, still waiting on the easter eggs

Reactions: 2 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Oh well.....

I guess with AVZ we just have to concentrate on one fucked up Christian celebration at a time......

• Haha
  • Fire

Pokok

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Pokok

Regular
  • Haha

Winenut

Go AVZ!
sorry @Winenut its 8.30 in Java and the vodka had a part in me not finding a chinaman in a santa suit jumping out of a cake for your xmas gift
All good! :ROFLMAO:

I was being a little ironic, sarcastic and probably a bit cheeky with Ben_Jovi

Just having a bit of a play on the Christmas/Easter Egg thing with the history of AVZ:rolleyes:

For me I'm from a long line of white ignorant BS Anglo Christian fuck ups so now I'm happily and squarely in the camp of probably the athiests....no no no...the agnostics....no no no.....whatever you believe is okay...no that's not it.....

Good people of all faiths are good people

Good people are good people

Hopefully the good people here and in the DRC can help get this gamechanger over the line for the best outcome for everyone

Hold that Vodka!!!!

Hopefully I can share that with you soon ;):cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Pokok

Regular

Just having a bit of a play on the Christmas/Easter Egg thing with the history of AVZ:rolleyes:

For me I'm from a long line of white ignorant BS Anglo Christian fuck ups so now I'm happily and squarely in the camp of probably the athiests....no no no...the agnostics....no no no.....whatever you believe is okay...no that's not it.....

Hopefully the good people here and in the DRC can help get this gamechanger over the line for the best outcome for everyone

Hold that Vodka!!!!

when this is over I will love to meet people like you and share vodka local ,all you will need is the air fair

Reactions: 5 users

Thunderpony

27 µg per 100 mL

Hold that Vodka!!!!

• Fire
Reactions: 1 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Did you want to say something there Pones?

• Haha

Dazmac66

Regular
Not sure who it was that suggested AVZ management would not be able to work with DRC government productively after court cases etc. I tend to disagree. All (shitfuckery) will be forgotten and never mentioned again - they will just simply look for the next opportunity to pocket some snacks. When AVZ is in construction and benefits start flowing to the government and the populace the ministers will hang their hat on AVZ and bask in the glory of the massive money making machine created under their portfolios. Do not apply our norms, morals and logic as they are worlds apart.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
Re the ICISD case, what are the direct resolutions/remedies we are hoping to get out of it?

I know the original announcement says:
... seek various remedies for the failure of the DRC and its administrative departments, to comply with obligations under the DRC Mining Code, in particular the implementation of the various measures that should have led to the issuance of an Operating Permit to Dathcom...

But what will be the actual outcomes?

-$$ Compensation for the whole mess and delays?
-Confirmation that they will review and issue the ML etc to Dathcom (which will be legally binding)
-Fast-track of fixing all the errors and getting a clean slate? (eg unwinding the PR13359 back to Dathcom and issuing the correct Surface Rights notice, so we can pay and play on?
-Some sort of high level overview/oversight of all the dealings moving forward to ensure they are within the law and framework?
-Some form of specialty team to deal with AVZ directly from the Mining/Admin perspective?
-Some form of goodwill gesture to compensate for the lost time and revenue?

Just curious on what kind of solid outcomes we might have, assuming it is in AVZ's/Dathcom's favour etc.
And if this is all binding, will it give us the path back to trading early in the new year, pending the ASX having a read and signing off.

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom