AVZ Discussion 2022

Feb 2024 for the one against ZJ - fast for a legal proceeding (especially since that one has been delayed over and over again)

ICSID + ICC against Cominiere is before Christmas - insane speed (no delays allowed)
I get Feb 2024 is the timeline as you mentioned before. But because Graeme wrote "I believe the results of the ICC...... will soon be handed down" I felt he meant could be earlier?? Is that possible, i.e is February the latest it can be?

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Peterg

So when is it happening?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

9cardomaha

Regular
I get Feb 2024 is the timeline as you mentioned before. But because Graeme wrote "I believe the results of the ICC...... will soon be handed down" I felt he meant could be earlier?? Is that possible, i.e is February the latest it can be?
So when is it happening?
Probably referring to the emergency submissions for JCM v AVZ, since they relinquished their part in Dathcom so we’ve requested the case be dismissed.

those submissions were handed in yesterday. Not likely to be finalised before Christmas in my view given that arbitrator is a snack muncher.

He probably meant ‘imminent’. Also the emergency submission for JCM v AVZ was only meant to be a safeguard for the other emergency injunction that we won, so this should still go to jurisdictional hearing in Feb.

Reactions: 19 users

aon

Regular
Yaseen hasn't been seen for a while....:unsure:
yeah, last seen crying crocodile tears on hc boring the shit out of everyone there:cry:, about just how unloved and misunderstood he is.
Well, we all know what his kryptonite is now don't we :devilish:, to think just a simple pic nuked him.
Any compromising pics for the toilet....
I'm such a bad fellow.
I didn't mention his name thou.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

BRICK

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Samus

Top 20
Here's what this patronising fucken dildo had to say.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

BRICK

Regular

What a soft cock but thanks for the free advertising turd burger

id kind of respect him more if he just kept hammering us.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Samus

Top 20
What a soft cock but thanks for the free advertising turd burger

id kind of respect him more if he just kept hammering us.
He basically did by referencing it as an ad and stating what the company says instead of acknowledging what actually happened.
He's like one of those slimy dog shits with a mucus membrane.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

BRICK

Regular
He basically did by referencing it as an ad and stating what the company says instead of taking acknowledging what actually happened.
He's like one of those slimy dog shits with a mucus membrane.

Ahhh well thats ok then Tommy you fuckknuckle
download.jpg

Screenshot 2023-11-28 174820.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

JNRB

Regular

NEWS!

AFR REPORTER UNABLE TO FIND PRIMARY SOURCES, RESORTS TO QUOTING ADVERTISEMENTS IN OWN PAPER.

'muy naymes tOmmie, ima joornalist'

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users

hedrox

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Remark

Top 20
So when is it happening?
Just in case nobody mentioned it earlier, fuck off Peter (and obviously Tommy the "journalist - what a piece of shit🤣)

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

James711

Emerged

Chilla

Regular
The AFR page looks like a freebie peace offering from the AFR to make up for the malicious opinion pieces made out to be journalism from the turd man, so that AVZ doesn’t sue AFR. Print it as an advertisement so that AFR doesn’t have to print an apology and face defamation actions. Turd man probably told by AFR to acknowledge the article on his X platform and he does so with minimal words. Likely won’t be hearing much from turd man in the AFR in future….wings clipped. All imo.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 53 users

Charbella

Regular
The AFR page looks like a freebie peace offering from the AFR to make up for the malicious opinion pieces made out to be journalism from the turd man, so that AVZ doesn’t sue AFR. Print it as an advertisement so that AFR doesn’t have to print an apology and face defamation actions. Turd man probably told by AFR to acknowledge the article on his X platform and he does so with minimal words. Likely won’t be hearing much from turd man in the AFR in future….wings clipped. All imo.
I hope you're right, Chilla. It doesn't sit well with me to know how poorly AFR has treated us, and the idea of spending money to advertise in their paper is unsettling.

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Chilla

Regular
I hope you're right, Chilla. It doesn't sit well with me to know how poorly AFR has treated us, and the idea of spending money to advertise in their paper is unsettling.
My view as well and that’s partly why I think it’s a freebie peace offering from AFR so AVZ don’t sue them

• Thinking
Reactions: 22 users

wombat74

Top 20
So its a little more complicated than just % win. Burford from recollection doesn't fund even if you are 100% going to win, if the counterparty is poor as fuck, or in a jurisdiction which is hard to enforce, period, herp derp DRC.

I think most of the tier one funders are like that - its like a credit score, if your case is against the DRC, you have a shit rating, unless someone with tangible assets like Zijin is actually 100% in the fray (they aren;t currently but likely will be). So the more niche funders like Locke who are open to taking these risks are viable.

Funders that touch the DRC are pretty scarce, and obviously the first round of DD is going to say this is a dispute against the DRC, so if Locke is okay with it, or sees the potential it is a positive.

Burford also has a DD breakfee, in case clients withhold critical information, its north of 200,000 as standard, but they also have a fucking high % recoup track record so...
What's the back up if Locke decide it's not worth the risk ? Would Nigel then need to go to share holders ? Apart from progress behind the scenes share holders are not privy to , I'm trying to wrap my head around why anyone would loan $20 mil to a company in this situation . Essentially AVZ is paying Locke US$200K to decide whether Locke would like to loan AVZ $20mil, and they have until end of March 2024 to make a decision . I think the meat of the $20 mil announcement got lost in the headline . So my question is , what's AVZ's back up plan if they cannot raise the $$$$ ?

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users

CashKing

Regular
My view as well and that’s partly why I think it’s a freebie peace offering from AFR so AVZ don’t sue them
Fuck that We definitely should sue the AFR IMO, That cock sucking Tommy should pay for he’s bullshit “Journalism” over the last few years.

That scum bag needs to be sacked & written apology front page AFR all the shit he has spread..

Scumbags like Tbag Tommy & He’s Short mates need to get called out…

Pathetic POS calling himself a Journalist

Don’t EVER think the AFR are on our side.

GLTAH

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

cruiser51

Top 20
AXINO CAPITAL

November 15, 2023

The proceedings before the ICSID are starting​

avz-luftaufnahme-halden-e686a.jpg

With its legal action, AVZ Minerals wants to force the government of Congo to fully apply the country's mining law with regard to the Manono project.

AVZ Minerals Ltd. (ASX: AVZ, FSE: 3A2), through its subsidiaries AVZ International Pty Ltd (AVZI) and Green Lithium Holdings Pte Ltd (GLH), together with Dathcom Mining SA (Dathcom), has entered into international arbitration against the Democratic Republic of the Congo under its Mining Law and the Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes between States and Nationals of Other States (ICSID Convention) before the International Center for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) in Washington.

The purpose of the ICSID process is twofold. It is intended to support the Company's negotiations with the Government of the Congo and additionally provide remedies for non-compliance by government institutions, thereby encouraging the Democratic Republic of the Congo to comply with the Mining Law in relation to the exploration license PR 13359.

The ICSID tribunal has now been appointed. It consists of the chairman Jan Paulsson and the assessors Salim H. Moollan (appointed by AVZ International, GLH and Dathcom) and Mohamed Shelbaya, appointed by the Democratic Republic of Congo. At the first hearing in the ICSID process, which took place on November 6, 2023, the parties submitted statements on the planning of the process and are now awaiting the ICSID tribunal's decision on the further course of the process.

AVZ Minerals is defending itself against arbitrary steps by the government​

AVZ Minerals previously reported that since the start of the ICSID process, some government officials have been making decisions related to exploration license PR 13359 that violate the law by usurping Dathcom's lawful rights for the benefit of others. As no steps were taken to stop these developments, AVZ International, GLH and Dathcom were forced to take interim measures. They include an urgent order maintaining the status quo and an order confirming or restoring ownership of PR 13359 to Dathcom.

Regarding the application for interim measures, the ICSID tribunal ordered that the State file a response to the action by November 20, 2023. AVZ Internaltional, GLH and Dathcom will submit a response to this by November 27, 2023. The state will then be given until December 4, 2023 to submit a rejoinder. A two-hour virtual hearing on the matter has been scheduled for December 11.

screenshot-2022-12-01-at-07-23-27-gallery-avz-minerals-limited-c7d6f.png

An early termination of the ICSID procedure is still possible​

AVZ Minerals reiterates that it is simply about upholding the rule of law in the Democratic Republic of Congo. This is a necessary basis for the development of the Manono Project, including the resolution of the disputes with Cominière, Dathomir Mining Resources SARL (Dathomir) and the Zijin Mining Group. The rule of law will continue to encourage future foreign investment in the Democratic Republic of Congo, thereby promoting the interests of the Congolese people.

AVZ Minerals admits that Cominière is currently an opponent of AVZ, which is clear from various activities in the recent past. However, due to its relationship with the government of the Democratic Republic of Congo, AVZ Minerals, unlike other commentators on the case, does not believe that the government as a whole is opposed to AVZ or its involvement in the Manono Project. The residents of the Manono District, as direct beneficiaries of the development of the Manono Project, along with the residents of Tanganyika Province, have also provided significant support to AVZ Minerals to date.

The signing of a binding declaration of intent proposed to AVZ Minerals's opponents therefore remains a viable option. It would provide for a suspension of the ICSID process while the Congo government takes the necessary steps to comply with the country's mining law. At this point, the ICSID procedure could be withdrawn.

• Love
Reactions: 24 users
Top Bottom