AVZ Discussion 2022

Winenut

Go AVZ!
They would never discuss those items at the AGM which was primarily dealing with an existential threat to the assets of the company by the Chinese attempting a board coup. You don’t open the hen house to let the wolves have a massacre.

Whilst we are frustrated and devoid of lots of information….that information is extremely sensitive and is being sought by the corrupt Chinese to use against us and steal our asset.

You need to understand when it’s appropriate to ask certain questions and when it’s not. This is not that time.
1700743767719.jpeg

Good questions from the other Nut......but not necessarily to be answered at this particular time

Time now is to consolidate the respects and wishes of the AVZ shareholders as indicated by the voting at the AGM

And by the way .....#FuckMMGA..... right up the fucking arse

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Hudnut

Regular
They would never discuss those items at the AGM which was primarily dealing with an existential threat to the assets of the company by the Chinese attempting a board coup. You don’t open the hen house to let the wolves have a massacre.

Whilst we are frustrated and devoid of lots of information….that information is extremely sensitive and is being sought by the corrupt Chinese to use against us and steal our asset.

You need to understand when it’s appropriate to ask certain questions and when it’s not. This is not that time.

Glad I didn't go then. All we need to know is the results of resolution voting if they are going to tell us SFA about the actual operations of the business I part own and what our employees have been doing for a few years until I eventually find out whether it's worth anything in the end.

I'd like to know when they can be answered.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
20231124_001836.jpg

20231124_001935.jpg

20231124_002125.jpg

20231124_002147.jpg

20231124_002206.jpg

20231124_002226.jpg

20231124_002125.jpg

20231124_002147.jpg

20231124_002206.jpg

20231124_002226.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Misfits

Regular

100% Chilla. Finally someone else gets it. Silly people including the owl on HC have been ridiculing why no formal Q and A.

• Fire

kron

Regular
Was a good afternoon and good result.
Looking forward to official ASX Ann for numbers but I assume won’t change much.
Given the emotion I’m surprised how well behaved the AVZ clan were.
Well done to Jag for his don’t give a fuck attitude and standing up for shareholders- loved the shirt.
Well done to Deboss and many others also for standing up and asking the important questions.

Some good commentary i found on the Crapper - thx Ozpolarbear
That is a very thorough summary for those that missed out. Also, it wasn't a free for all for questions. The format of the meeting was questions were only taken for each resolution in the AGM pamphlet. Firstly was questions about the Annual report document, after that was renumeration package followed by individual candidates. If you wanted an answer outside of this you had to phrase it creatively...

Reactions: 4 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
100% Chilla. Finally someone else gets it. Silly people including the owl on HC have been ridiculing why no formal Q and A.
It's incredible isn't it

Who'd have thought that posters on HC would be complete and utter fucking retards.......

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Why even bother about that wanker?

Reactions: 6 users

kron

Regular
I guess nothing was asked about the situation on the ground with our tenement then?
Like whether or not Zijin/cominiere coacroaches are crawling all over the camp and the core samples... :unsure:
I asked early on in the meeting but got shut down. Not related to the Annual report apparently... Later they mentioned that Ben had spent ~246 days overseas and a lot of that time in DRC in relation to a question on their renumeration. But that's the closest of anything we heard.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

kron

Regular
Im no fan of Hoots, he fell of the rails hard but I disagree. If you can't ask questions in a room full of shareholders once a year, when would be an appropriate time?

Jazz

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

BEISHA

Top 20
I’m just gonna say one thing….

I will leave the day’s proceedings including lunch to @BEISHA to summarise 👌
Well thank you Jag, great to meet up with you brother, i thought it was classic that i was having a cig across the road from where you parked initially, then when you got out of the car with your " FUCK MMGA " shirt on, i knew right there and then before we even shook hands for the first time .....that it was likely to be you ;)

Great to catch up with DEBOSS, Hadley brothers, @EarleofBarrow ,@Roon ,@tonster66 ,@Scoota30 ,@John25 and plenty of other individuals pre AGM (y)(y)

Deboss gathered us all in and gave us a pep talk about the etiquette required when asking questions of the BOD or MMGA, great camaraderie !!

As i was at the booth to register my attendance, guess who was behind me ?..............Peter Huljich 🖕🖕🖕

Guess who was in front of me flicking his nose with his finger pretending to be on cocaine in reference to Peter Huljich?............JAG :LOL::LOL:

200 strong crowd attended i reckon, BOD were emphasising decorum when asking any questions regards to resolutions ,John Clarke was in complete control of the narrative.

REMUNERATION RESOLUTION

Questions were asked about the cash bonuses and lack of cost cutting considering the balance sheet was dwindling.

In a round about way the BOD did confirm cash bonuses were awarded due to the fact Nige & Co have spent 240+ days in the DRC fighting for our cause ( way beyond the call of duty regards to being away from family etc )

Remuneration is market indexed to retain the best personnel regards to skill set and delivering outcomes for AVZ.

AVZ BOD confirmed that the 20m credit facility plus remaining cash ( 11.5m ) is sufficient to cover salaries, working capital and arbitration litigation going forward

AVZ BOD reiterated that they are eager and willing to negotiate on good terms to expedite ICC / ISCID arbitrations.

Resolution was passed in the affirmative 👍👍

Resolution 2 - 17 were rejected by a large majority !!

Meaning MMGA are ...

pineappled.gif

middle-finger.gif

GONE, FUCKED, FAT TAIL BETWEEN THE LEGS.........;):p:LOL:

RESOLUTION 18 - 22 ( Graeme Johnston, Dr John Clarke, Dr Casta Tungaraza, Serge Ngandu, Her Exellency Salome Sijaona were approved in the affirmative by a large majority..........(y)(y)(y)(y)

Sadly, as soon as resolution 1 - 22 were resolved, the curtains were drawn down.............meeting closed , no question time ! :(

wtf.gif

Apparently question time was nailed on the head because of threats of defamation litigation against AVZ BOD by MMGA plus AVZ BOD didnt want to reveal any info with the defeated Ludbrook, Carrick , Huljich still in the room........"I spie with my little eye something beginning with Xi".......springs to mind.

Anyway, that didnt deter me , so i decided to approach the BOD in person after the meeting concluded as i had alot of questions prepared and didnt want to waste a opportunity to ask.

Firstly, i introduced myself to Her Excellency Salome Sijaona, congratulated her on her appointment then asked her why she was endorsed to join the BOD, i suggested... "could it be your extensive connections within africa could lead to projects outside of Manono ? "

She replied..........YES !

I also asked what FT attitude was towards AVZ and this long drawn out fuckery.........she wasnt prepared to comment, but she did reveal that light is at the end of the tunnel...decades of corruption means the wheel slowly turns

She also revealed that DRC locals support AVZ, they appreciate the good will directed towards them in contrast to Zijin .

Locals are most impressed by the fact Nigel has learnt french so he can speak the native tongue !

I moved on to Graeme Johnston and asked whether the BOD has held one on one meetings with FT.

NO.....only via FT private advocates, however there is strong suspicion that those advocates have been complimented with brown paper bags, thus getting in the ear of FT talking negatively of AVZ in the covid period, so trust is low.

Moved on to see Nigel.

He can confirm that Cominiere is doing works on the Hydro power station, he also confirmed that Zijin is drilling holes in CDL.

All this despite the emergency injunctions preventing such action !........:eek:

Nigel not concerned, he maintains that AVZ has very strong cases against Cominiere / Zijin / DRC govt with iCC / ISCID arbitrations and every day illegal works is done, $100,000 penalties acrue, i asked how this penalty could be enacted on and he confirmed ICC has no juristiction in country, however private assets could be seized, but more importantly ,he mentions that the collective ICC / ISCID / IMF / WORLD BANK are all interconnected and the recent deliberation against DRC was damning.

In actuality, DRC applied for 13b from World Bank, but was only awarded 3B , minus 1B for the deliberation above.

The financial squeeze is impacting DRC

Sustained bunsen burners applied to DRC govt by the interconnected global organizations is forcing the DRC govt to come back to the negotiating table with AVZ and nothing will be concluded until conditions are agreed upon that is favourable to AVZ...........aka MOU.

Nigel stated that the defeat of MMGA today at the AGM is another pivotal moment.

The 20m credit facility another dagger in the heart of detractors whos intention from the get go, was to bleed AVZ dry financially and complete the steal, that eventuality now thwarted.

I also asked about the CATH relationship...........;)

Mr Pei is frustrated by the ML delays, Pei was invited to come to the DRC by AVZ and witness the road blocks first hand to garner a understanding of the delay, initially he accepted, but when he mentioned off the cuff that it could be a good opportunity to conduct a private meeting with Simon Cong ....the offer was retracted ( no shit sherlock...........shifty as fuck imo )

Cath deal is a 50 /50 proposition.......not in the bag by any stretch and i got the strong impression that there wasnt alot of concern if a break away fee was awarded either way.........:unsure:

I can also confirm that AVZ bod has had discussions with FT political opponents, should FT not win re election.

Apparently one of FT opponents is scathing with FT lack of mining results as per one of his mandates( achieving better outcomes for DRC govt with chinese mining deals post Kabila , no doubt Manono gets a mention too ) and that will formulate the main argument to the locals not to re elect him..........no argument from me !

So AVZ have covered their bases in that regard.

So going forward, Nigel stated to me that he will be flying back to DRC soon and continue the good fight, looking forward to some impending ICC deliberations and continue to have open dialogue to negotiate and agree on outcomes that are favourable to AVZ and long suffering LTSH.

Not sure the MOU will be resolved before DRC elections.

More patience required but Her Exellency Salome comments.........." light at the end of the tunnel " gives me confidence that this long drawn out fuckery will result in AVZ being winners at the end.

When ?

Who the fuck knows.

imo

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 122 users

JNRB

Regular
Well thank you Jag, great to meet up with you brother, i thought it was classic that i was having a cig across the road from where you parked initially, then when you got out of the car with your " FUCK MMGA " shirt on, i knew right there and then before we even shook hands for the first time .....that it was likely to be you ;)

Great to catch up with DEBOSS, Hadley brothers, @EarleofBarrow ,@Roon ,@tonster66 ,@Scoota30 ,@John25 and plenty of other individuals pre AGM (y)(y)

Deboss gathered us all in and gave us a pep talk about the etiquette required when asking questions of the BOD or MMGA, great camaraderie !!

As i was at the booth to register my attendance, guess who was behind me ?..............Peter Huljich 🖕🖕🖕

Guess who was in front of me flicking his noise pretending to be on cocaine in reference to Peter Huljich?............JAG :LOL::LOL:

200 strong crowd attended i reckon, BOD were emphasising decorum when asking any questions regards to resolutions ,John Clarke was in complete control of the narrative.

REMUNERATION RESOLUTION

Questions were asked about the cash bonuses and lack of cost cutting considering the balance sheet was dwindling.

In a round about way the BOD did confirm cash bonuses were awarded due to the fact Nige & Co have spent 240+ days in the DRC fighting for our cause ( way beyond the call of duty regards to being away from family etc )

Remuneration is market indexed to retain the best personnel regards to skill set and delivering outcomes for AVZ.

AVZ BOD confirmed that the 20m credit facility plus remaining cash ( 11.5m ) is sufficient to cover salaries, working capital and arbitration litigation going forward

AVZ BOD reiterated that they are eager and willing to negotiate on good terms to expedite ICC / ISCID arbitrations.

Resolution was passed in the affirmative 👍👍

Resolution 2 - 17 were rejected by a large majority !!

Meaning MMGA are ...

View attachment 50364

View attachment 50365

GONE, FUCKED, FAT TAIL BETWEEN THE LEGS.........;):p:LOL:

RESOLUTION 18 - 22 ( Graeme Johnston, Dr John Clarke, Dr Casta Tungaraza, Serge Ngandu, Her Exellency Salome Sijaona were approved in the affirmative by a large majority..........(y)(y)(y)(y)

Sadly, as soon as resolution 1 - 22 were resolved, the curtains were drawn down.............meeting closed , no question time ! :(

View attachment 50366

Apparently question time was nailed on the head because of threats of defamation litigation against AVZ BOD by MMGA plus AVZ BOD didnt want to reveal any info with the defeated Ludbrook, Carrick , Huljich still in the room........"I spie with my little eye something beginning with Xi".......springs to mind.

Anyway, that didnt deter me , so i decided to approach the BOD in person after the meeting concluded as i had alot of questions prepared and didnt want to waste a opportunity to ask.

Firstly, i introduced myself to Her Excellency Salome Sijaona, congratulated her on her appointment then asked her why she was endorsed to join the BOD, i suggested... "could it be your extensive connections within africa could lead to projects outside of Manono ? "

She replied..........YES !

I also asked what FT attitude was towards AVZ and this long drawn out fuckery.........she wasnt prepared to comment, but she did reveal that light is at the end of the tunnel...decades of corruption means the wheel slowly turns

But she did reveal that DRC locals support AVZ, they appreciate the good will directed towards them in contrast to Zijin .

Locals are most impressed by the fact Nigel has learnt french so he can speak the native tongue !

I moved on to Graeme Johnston and asked whether the BOD has held one on one meetings with FT.

NO.....only via FT private advocates, however there is strong suspicion that those advocates have been complimented with brown paper bags, thus getting in the ear of FT talking negatively of AVZ in the covid period, so trust is low.

Moved on to see Nigel.

He can confirm that Cominiere is doing works on the Hydro power station, he also confirmed that Zijin is drilling holes in CDL.

All this despite the emergency injunctions preventing such action !........:eek:

Nigel not concerned, he maintains that AVZ has very strong cases against Cominiere / Zijin / DRC govt with iCC / ISCID arbitrations and every day illegal works is done, $100,000 penalties acrue, i asked how this penalty could be enacted on and he confirmed ICC has no juristiction in country, however private assets could be seized, but more importantly ,he mentions that the collective ICC / ISCID / IMF / WORLD BANK are all interconnected and the recent deliberation against DRC was damning.

In actuality, DRC applied for 13b from World Bank, but was only awarded 3B , minus 1B for the deliberation above.

The financial squeeze is impacting DRC

Sustained bunsen burners applied to DRC govt by the interconnected global organizations is forcing the DRC govt to come back to the negotiating table with AVZ and nothing will be concluded until conditions are agreed upon that is favourable to AVZ...........aka MOU.

Nigel stated that the defeat of MMGA today at the AGM is another pivotal moment.

The 20m credit facility another dagger in the heart of detractors whos intention from the get go, was to bleed AVZ dry financially and complete the steal, that eventuality now thwarted.

I also asked about the CATH relationship...........;)

Mr Pei is frustrated by the ML delays, Pei was invited to come to the DRC by AVZ and witness the road blocks first hand to garner a understanding of the delay, initially he accepted, but when he mentioned off the cuff that it could be a good opportunity to conduct a private meeting with Simon Cong ....the offer was retracted ( no shit sherlock...........shifty as fuck imo )

Cath deal is a 50 /50 proposition.......not in the bag by any stretch and i got the strong impression that there wasnt alot of concern if a break away fee was awarded either way.........:unsure:

I can also confirm that AVZ bod has had discussions with FT political opponents, should FT not win re election.

Apparently one of FT opponents is scathing with FT lack of mining results as per one of his mandates( achieving better outcomes for DRC govt with chinese mining deals post Kabila , no doubt Manono gets a mention too ) and that will formulate the main argument to the locals not to re elect him..........no argument from me !

So AVZ have covered their bases in that regard.

So going forward, Nigel stated to me that he will be flying back to DRC soon and continue the good fight, looking forward to some impending ICC deliberations and continue to have open dialogue to negotiate and agree on outcomes that are favourable to AVZ and long suffering LTSH.

Not sure the MOU will be resolved before DRC elections.

More patience required but Her Exellency Salome comments.........." light at the end of the tunnel " gives me confidence that this long drawn out fuckery will result in AVZ being winners at the end.

When ?

Who the fuck knows.

imo
Good on Nige for learning the locals language.
That's worth a bonus IMO. Shows the kind of company we want to be.

Reactions: 25 users

Roon

Regular
So we started as being told that we aren’t allowed to record or even keep phones on.

Everyone was meant to keep their phones off which was brought into question by several phones during the session – including Michael Carrick, who’s phone kept going off

Quorum reached

It was mentioned that NF doesn’t need to give an overview because AVZ have given wide disclosure ands because we expect question ‘time’

Question from Fat tail lawyer about 20m securing facility - but they haven’t actually secured anything. Just a piece of paper subject from due diligence, and with a break fee of 1m

NF - 20m will be provided, 2.5 time multiple payment. We tried with 5 companies to negotiate, and locke in the end was ready with terms that were attractive to us with their detailed DD. Locke is committed to push through with their DD

Michael Carrick = question about breaches of the JVA. What breaches do these have and what is the purpose of dealing with 6 arbitrations and what is that going to result in

NF – prepared strategy on litigation is about getting rid of disputes as soon as possible on terms that’s fair and reasonable.

We’ll get 225 squares and get a mining licence over same based on 4 favourable results.
Dathomir have no standing, same on the in country proceedings against Grame Johnson.

The Cominere-Jin Cheng offer breached JVA on several ways including the ROFO.

Dathcom has strong prospects. Jin Cheng has no recourse to ICC. The Jin Cheng outcome will weight heavily in outcome of other international arbitrations

Michael Carrick - why did Dathcom file a relinquishment offer, and why did AJN immediately apply from this (NF shouldn’t reply). Pre-prepared answer then read out by john Clarke about MMGA. Point of order by Carrick, Clarke made claims on claims of 13359 and AJN, fat tails commentary is false. Not so well answered, but moved on.

The MoM bringing together of the tenements claims that we haven’t rescinded any rights and that everything should be together.

15775 with Manono Lithium you need to refer to the announcement that this is bullshit essentially and that ICC/ICSID will confirm our holding.

Fat Tail’s commentary doesn’t including Cominere’s transfer which doesn’t have a legal basis. These matters will be ‘ventilated’ with ICSID and its not appropriate to talk about this now. We don’t submit any transfer of this tenement from or to Cominere, this needs to be assessed through international arbitrations through which we’ve done emergency injunctions.

Its impossible for us to both hold title over this land, and the company maintains that the detractors do not hold Any title. Pursuant to ICSID and ICC

Nigel Ferguson has no knowledge of a meeting of the AJN board through which they were allegedly trying to take this area. NF thought this was only about other assets in the DRC. Within learning this about their attempt Nigel sent his resignation to the AJN board as director

Michael Carrick continued to question NF on the relinquishment of the northern tenement, CROWD GOES WILD, tells MC to sit down. Everyone was yelling at him to shut up. Chairman JC says Carrick has been disruptive. Claps from the crowd.

A Question was raised on emergency injunction not stopping Zijin or Cominere, and thus why we should expect more emergency injunctions to change things. Basically that they will push through, so what else are AVZ trying to do to try make Zijin/Cominiere not have a a ground reality.
AVZ acknowledges limited success in domestic proceedings, cant get a fair day in court. We get okay in emergency reliefs.

Cominere must not exploit indirectly or directly by ICC ruling as such ruling as the tribunal looks at it. fine of 50k and now 100k. IC vindicated AVz’s position in preventing Jin Cheng, and we have made it not confidential after AVZs call
However pointed out that this doesn’t change anything on the ground.

ICSID is the big thing as per NF. Failure to procure the ML and launch of ICSID catalyst for start of MOU which is the biggest step towards ML and. Arbitrations are necessary in protecting interests
AVZ is in a far better position by having the force of a potential adverse finding in the arbitrate proceeding giving negotiation leverage and makes the government take AVZ’s position more seriously. Trying to enforce its rights is difficult but otherwise wouldn’t be needed.

Tight timetables are being sought to deliver results, and AVZ are trying to gain an outcome at the earliest opportunity by mutual agreement. This is why we are pursuing an MoU.

AVZ has strong grounds to suspect it holds strong prospects of success on all four major issues.

Binding locke capital should give enough liquidity to go through all litigation to its conclusions, and they were the best of all 5 funders sought.
Question on what DD did they do about Locke capital’s track record in abritation. (NF shuts this one down, he just said they fund it they don’t do it, so didn’t answer (this led to a clapfrom the crowd). Poor answer somewhat but NF said he believed they were a right fit for AVZ

Question about high rate of spent and the bonuses given to the directors and managers, poor optics.
Kinda a Bullshit response given by JC about fixed remuneration about assessing rates on an annual basis and keeping the best people, making sure everyone is aligned. Attract and retain the best people. Gott a be competitive domestically and internationally. NF and Ben Cohen spent 246 days on business travel mostly in DRC so they should get a huge bonus, somehow as if they didn’t think DRC was part of the job description.
It’s in line with market practice
Follow up question from someone about 1 million of pay to NF and others, ignored essentially.

NF – as spiel about the board spending its reserves in a responsible manner. Otherwise we’d have everything gone
AVZ cannot rely on domestic proceedings and consequentially, we need ICSID and ICC. This costs money. We are cost cutting where we can
Michael Carrick – chairman didn’t answer the question about bonuses when we are in suspension. Ther answer is (JC) the same that we had said before, we’ve done renumeration plans and its fine.

Resolution 2-22: same thing happened again and again. Board not endorsing candidates.
Question: Why has the board decided not to endorse 2-9: Board looked into everyone and looked at their CV and saw if they has skills which already weren’t represented on the board.

Question from Michae Carrick: Put Proxy votes on the screen. The Lawyer shut this one down and said it’s only needed prior to the vote.
Basically nothing happened here for a while

Question: Why should we vote for ludbrook and Peter Huljich, what do you possess? Ludbroock told he wasn’t allowed to respond and there would be no questions to candidates, only to board and management, did he want to rephrase? (lauhgs)

Lots of NF smirks to the follow questions
Petere Huljish Resolution – multiple questions. Beish – why did PH resign can you comment. He resigned yes we cant after asking lawyers – zero response by management.

A question on non-disclosure, which was swatted away by ther board

Debosss - did board wannabees meet with our detractors. Peter didn’t respond, why didn’t he. laughs from NF spread around room
Is PH still chairman of Amani and exposure to Simon Cong. Yes.
NF:Yes. and second no comment. “Tough question Yanni” – we are here to get the right people on the board it’s as simple as that. Crowd - is carrick not that man as per board? “Crowd laughs:

Q = What damage did Carrick and Fat tail do to AVCZ by engaging with our detractors (No answer).
Michael Carrick gets up and talks to the crowd- says that the decisionmakers have slammed the door on AVZ board, and crowd shouts him down. JC asks to let him finish but the crowd shows him down after asking id he paid for the trip there.

JC trying to keep going, crowd shouts down and the chairman says he’s been heard and he’s being disruptive.
One shareholder gives a plaudit to the board and NF and everyone cheers and claps. Funny finish (I’ll get to my question). Then stops after giving props to board.

19-22 – endorsed members – disclosure questions

2 have been involved in quite some time, and the other know what’s requires. Then a prepared statement on disclosure and the unreliability of information

Proxy votes put up. Fat Tail failed with around 30-35%. Other directors failed with less than 10%. Renumeration is a problem as it got mor than 25% no, so that’s a problem for next year, and John Clarke nearly ousted at 56%.

Other: I feel that the board got off very lightly here. There was no question and answer session like there has been at the previous AGMs and I know that many others had a list of questions like I had to try and get some answers. A win for all for us getting rid of Fat Tail, though im sure they will come back in a different form and approach. Nonetheless, I didn’t get a great feeling that we are near to getting a resolution. I think we are far away and that this is just another step towards a hopefully positive outcome. But it was good to meet some crew, and I even met CRUISER without us ending in blows. I count it as a win.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 69 users

Hoodwinked23

Observer
Did anyone take note of the guy who walked in with headphones and complained about turning off his phone. He was then engaged with one of the hostess about 10 min in regarding his phone being on. He was sitting behind the slimy lawyer in 3rd row and appeared to ask a question which followed on for the lawyers line of questioning??

He was writing a shot load of notes and gave off ‘journo’ vibes!!! Will be interesting to see if any publication writes about the content of the AGYeah mate
Did anyone take note of the guy who walked in with headphones and complained about turning off his phone. He was then engaged with one of the hostess about 10 min in regarding his phone being on. He was sitting behind the slimy lawyer in 3rd row and appeared to ask a question which followed on for the lawyers line of questioning??

He was writing a shot load of notes and gave off ‘journo’ vibes!!! Will be interesting to see if any publication writes about the content of the AGM
yeah mate, I was sitting next to him. He was super agitated right from the beginning. He was also getting notes passed to him from that slimy laywer in front of him (Scott Gibson from Thomson Geer). They were definitely working with each other to disrupt. I don’t think he was a journo, because he cast his votes at the end, but you are correct, he wrote down a heap of notes.. I was trying to read half of them but it was just scribble.

Roon

Regular
A bloke up the front on the left asked about this. (poor guy, it took him about four goes to get his first question in - "sorry sir that question is not applicable to this section of the meeting" - added a bit of comic relief to the proceedings at least).

Anyway, where was I?

Yes, the question was asked and the response from what I recall was a standard Nigel vague answer along the lines of "yes we are looking into cost cutting measures wherever available" or something to that effect.

From memory (yes that thing again), the question was bundled in with a remuneration question as well so there was a pre-scripted part to the answer. It was along the lines of stuff we've already heard about cash bonuses to compensate for spending lots of time abroad.

There certainly wasn't any talk of executive pay cuts.

Maybe just going back to Blend 43...
Ha yeah that was me down the front. Struggled to get a few questions in

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

BEISHA

Top 20
So we started as being told that we aren’t allowed to record or even keep phones on.

Everyone was meant to keep their phones off which was brought into question by several phones during the session – including Michael Carrick, who’s phone kept going off

Quorum reached

It was mentioned that NF doesn’t need to give an overview because AVZ have given wide disclosure ands because we expect question ‘time’

Question from Fat tail lawyer about 20m securing facility - but they haven’t actually secured anything. Just a piece of paper subject from due diligence, and with a break fee of 1m

NF - 20m will be provided, 2.5 time multiple payment. We tried with 5 companies to negotiate, and locke in the end was ready with terms that were attractive to us with their detailed DD. Locke is committed to push through with their DD

Michael Carrick = question about breaches of the JVA. What breaches do these have and what is the purpose of dealing with 6 arbitrations and what is that going to result in

NF – prepared strategy on litigation is about getting rid of disputes as soon as possible on terms that’s fair and reasonable.

We’ll get 225 squares and get a mining licence over same based on 4 favourable results.
Dathomir have no standing, same on the in country proceedings against Grame Johnson.

Dathcom has strong prospects. Jin Cheng has no recourse to ICC. The Jin Cheng outcome will weight heavily in outcome of other international arbitrations

Michael Carrick - why did Dathcom file a relinquishment offer, and why did AJN immediately apply from this (NF shouldn’t reply). Pre-prepared answer then read out by john Clarke about MMGA. Point of order by Carrick, Clarke made claims on claims of 13359 and AJN, fat tails commentary is false. Not so well answered, but moved on.

The MoM bringing together of the tenements claims that we haven’t rescinded any rights and that everything should be together.

15775 with Manono Lithium you need to refer to the announcement that this is bullshit essentially and that ICC/ICSID will confirm our holding.

Fat Tail’s commentary doesn’t including Cominere’s transfer which doesn’t have a legal basis. These matters will be ‘ventilated’ with ICSID and its not appropriate to talk about this now. We don’t submit any transfer of this tenement from or to Cominere, this needs to be assessed through international arbitrations through which we’ve done emergency injunctions.

Its impossible for us to both hold title over this land, and the company maintains that the detractors do not hold Any title. Pursuant to ICSID and ICC

Nigel Ferguson has no knowledge of a meeting of the AJN board through which they were allegedly trying to take this area. NF thought this was only about other assets in the DRC. Within learning this about their attempt Nigel sent his resignation to the AJN board as director

Michael Carrick continued to question NF on the relinquishment of the northern tenement, CROWD GOES WILD, tells MC to sit down. Everyone was yelling at him to shut up. Chairman JC says Carrick has been disruptive. Claps from the crowd.

A Question was raised on emergency injunction not stopping Zijin or Cominere, and thus why we should expect more emergency injunctions to change things. Basically that they will push through, so what else are AVZ trying to do to try make Zijin/Cominiere not have a a ground reality.
AVZ acknowledges limited success in domestic proceedings, cant get a fair day in court. We get okay in emergency reliefs.

Cominere must not exploit indirectly or directly by ICC ruling as such ruling as the tribunal looks at it. fine of 50k and now 100k. IC vindicated AVz’s position in preventing Jin Cheng, and we have made it not confidential after AVZs call

ICSID is the big thing as per NF. Failure to procure the ML and launch of ICSID catalyst for start of MOU which is the biggest step towards ML and. Arbitrations are necessary in protecting interests
AVZ is in a far better position by having the force of a potential adverse finding in the arbitrate proceeding giving negotiation leverage and makes the government take AVZ’s position more seriously. Trying to enforce its rights is difficult but otherwise wouldn’t be needed.

Tight timetables are being sought to deliver results, and AVZ are trying to gain an outcome at the earliest opportunity by mutual agreement. This is why we are pursuing an MoU.

AVZ has strong grounds to suspect it holds strong prospects of success on all four major issues.

Binding locke capital should give enough liquidity to go through all litigation to its conclusions, and they were the best of all 5 funders sought.
Question on what DD did they do about Locke capital’s track record in abritation. (NF shuts this one down, he just said they fund it they don’t do it, so didn’t answer (this led to a clapfrom the crowd). Poor answer somewhat but NF said he believed they were a right fit for AVZ

Question about high rate of spent and the bonuses given to the directors and managers, poor optics.
Kinda a Bullshit response given by JC about fixed remuneration about assessing rates on an annual basis and keeping the best people, making sure everyone is aligned. Attract and retain the best people. Gott a be competitive domestically and internationally. NF and Ben Cohen spent 246 days on business travel mostly in DRC so they should get a huge bonus, somehow as if they didn’t think DRC was part of the job description.
Follow up question from someone about 1 million of pay to NF and others, ignored essentially.

NF – as spiel about the board spending its reserves in a responsible manner. Otherwise we’d have everything gone
AVZ cannot rely on domestic proceedings and consequentially, we need ICSID and ICC. This costs money. We are cost cutting where we can
Michael Carrick – chairman didn’t answer the question about bonuses when we are in suspension. Ther answer is (JC) the same that we had said before, we’ve done renumeration plans and its fine.

Resolution 2-22: same thing happened again and again. Board not endorsing candidates.
Question: Why has the board decided not to endorse 2-9: Board looked into everyone and looked at their CV and saw if they has skills which already weren’t represented on the board.

Question from Michae Carrick: Put Proxy votes on the screen. The Lawyer shut this one down and said it’s only needed prior to the vote.

Question: Why should we vote for ludbrook and Peter Huljich, what do you possess? Ludbroock told he wasn’t allowed to respond and there would be no questions to candidates, only to board and management, did he want to rephrase? (lauhgs)

Petere Huljish Resolution – multiple questions. Beish – why did PH resign can you comment. He resigned yes we cant after asking lawyers – zero response by management.

Debosss - did board wannabees meet with our detractors. Peter didn’t respond, why didn’t he. laughs from NF spread around room
NF:Yes. and second no comment. “Tough question Yanni” – we are here to get the right people on the board it’s as simple as that. Crowd - is carrick not that man as per board? “Crowd laughs:

Q = What damage did Carrick and Fat tail do to AVCZ by engaging with our detractors (No answer).
Michael Carrick gets up and talks to the crowd- says that the decisionmakers have slammed the door on AVZ board, and crowd shouts him down. JC asks to let him finish but the crowd shows him down after asking id he paid for the trip there.

JC trying to keep going, crowd shouts down and the chairman says he’s been heard and he’s being disruptive.
One shareholder gives a plaudit to the board and NF and everyone cheers and claps. Funny finish (I’ll get to my question). Then stops after giving props to board.

2 have been involved in quite some time, and the other know what’s requires. Then a prepared statement on disclosure and the unreliability of information

Proxy votes put up. Fat Tail failed with around 30-35%. Other directors failed with less than 10%. Renumeration is a problem as it got mor than 25% no, so that’s a problem for next year, and John Clarke nearly ousted at 56%.

Other: I feel that the board got off very lightly here. There was no question and answer session like there has been at the previous AGMs and I know that many others had a list of questions like I had to try and get some answers. A win for all for us getting rid of Fat Tail, though im sure they will come back in a different form and approach. Nonetheless, I didn’t get a great feeling that we are near to getting a resolution. I think we are far away and that this is just another step towards a hopefully positive outcome. But it was good to meet some crew, and I even met CRUISER without us ending in blows. I count it as a win.
A good re collection of events Roon, i enjoyed our chat after the AGM concluded.

Much respect.

cheers

Reactions: 17 users

Roon

Regular
Also a comedic moment by Rhett Bans, who leaned back on his chair and tipped himself off the stage.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

BEISHA

Top 20
My feeling is the BOD revolt will be the only agenda item and business will be restricted to that. Immediate crisis averted and no delving into further business. “Now that’s dealt with we can get on with our MOU etc”
Not negative, just a feeling. Never let a good crisis go to waste.
Very intuitive.......thats how it played out.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

cruiser51

Top 20

Quorum reached

I did point out to you the table behind you, anyhow have a safe trip to Ernie Whoop Whoop mate.
Liked putting a face to several people.

Strange the MMGA team didn't feel like drinkies after the event, probably had to run back to the office to tell Cong they were fucked.
I hope they had a severe case of acid reflux after their chat with Cong.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Nellie17

Regular
Best moments for me:
1. When Carrick, who was seated in the front row, was in the course of asking a question of the board but instead turned to face the room and the guy next to me shouted "don't talk to us, ask the board!" and then Carrick just got drowned out and was asked to sit down.
2. Ben Cohen calling out Carrick for openly snickering.
3. Noticing that Carrick's hands were shaking when he was speaking (although if that was a medical thing I mean him no ill will).
4. Seeing Deboss in the flesh.
5. Jag's MMGA pineapple shirt.

...and the vote tallies of course
Wow, you saw Deboss! Wow!
Fuk me, surely that's a joke?
Anyway what did he look like?

Thanks for sharing,
Nells

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users
Top Bottom