AVZ Discussion 2022

Bray

Regular
I would have thought that the price mentioned, being an all time high the BoD would have had to announce it
Announcing things of substance isn’t in their priority book

I would’ve taken 1.50 in heartbeat, bought a house and forget AVZ/DRC ever existed

• Fire
Reactions: 31 users

tonster66

Regular

I would’ve taken 1.50 in heartbeat, bought a house and forget AVZ/DRC ever existed
Me to

Reactions: 6 users

tonster66

Regular
If that's the case I would say they saw the opportunity to keep him in the limelight to be the fall guy in the case it all goes to 💩.
IMO after reading the emergency ICC docs it won't be long after the full arbitration proceedings are done that the house of cards comes tumbling down.
Adding further to that, when CKK becomes the fall guy, questions will need to asked of the president and the MoM as to why they appointed him and why they continued to support him through blatant legal infringements. There will be no place to hide for these nefarious characters.
Another point and question that needs to be asked, is, during the presidents recent trip to china it was announced that xi had donated $1m to aid in the flood recovery (Humanitarian aid). We laughed at that at the time because it was an insignificant amount regarding the issues they were facing, however it is a very nice sum for personal gain. The Question is "did that $1m make it to the treasury of the DRC?"

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Samus

Top 20
The rulings basically all in favour of AVZ, the only reason for the denied requests being that they will be dealt with soon in the official proceedings rather than the emergency proceedings.
Which Cominière SA saw as a "heavy defeat in ICC arbitration" against AVZ :LOL:
FMD it's like dealing with a bunch retards. If there wasn't so much at stake it would be a comedy.
And the cheek of Zijin in the meantime to simply move in. FMD again. Fucking outrageous.

The wait on ICC proceedings has been excruciating but at least it looks to be winding up over the next few months.
Meanwhile it's difficult not to get worked up about the injustice of it all. As well as the silence of DRC politicians.
It's hard to compute in one's head how the whole blatantly corrupt and illegal situation is even possible and to have been allowed progress to this degree.

Be nice to think we get out of this on top and can then pursue detractors for significant damages. I feel like I'd enjoy that more than making some money at this point. :unsure:

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Remark

Top 20

Me 3

Doc

Master of Quan

Can’t be true, that amount surely would have been put forward to vote on ( and most likely passed ). I’d imagine someone telling porkies there

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

CHB

Regular
Not sure it would've passed to be honest. What was our ATH? Around $1.25? And we were very close to getting the ML. We even had the decree.

I think you guys are only accepting in hindsight.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

9cardomaha

Regular
Are those nips too puffy for you @9cardomaha ?
1700273660018.png

Yes far too puffy, i'm not even sure if there's any tit left, its probably all nip.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

9cardomaha

Regular
I also want to point about this 1.5 bullshit. isn't it convenient that we just received a fucking monster win at ICC, and then the detractors suddenly say "oh BOD what about the offer?"

Come on guys, don't get sucked in by the 100% nip crowd, do your own research, god knows there's enough documentation on the AVZ sub forums to get to a conclusion.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 39 users

Thunderpony

27 µg per 100 mL
Any updates around the powerstation?
With so many recent updates, have I missed it?

Reactions: 1 users
The wait on ICC proceedings has been excruciating but at least it looks to be winding up over the next few months
Zijin case should be over soon if dismissal is granted or AVZ win jurisdictional challenge. If not then we are just getting started.

Dathomir decision can be 'reasonably expected' around September 2024 according to official announcements

Cominiere case was brought by AVZ 5 months after Dathomir case and we haven't even begun the actual hearings we've just had the emergency orders given to maintain the status quo. I'll let you do the math on when that one will end IF no bullshit delays by Cominiere which are absolutely certain to happen.

Reactions: 3 users

BEISHA

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

wombat74

Top 20
Zijin case should be over soon if dismissal is granted or AVZ win jurisdictional challenge. If not then we are just getting started.

Dathomir decision can be 'reasonably expected' around September 2024 according to official announcements

Cominiere case was brought by AVZ 5 months after Dathomir case and we haven't even begun the actual hearings we've just had the emergency orders given to maintain the status quo. I'll let you do the math on when that one will end IF no bullshit delays by Cominiere which are absolutely certain to happen.
So if nothing can be negotiated is it looking likely 2024 is also write off ? The Chinese will continue to lob grenades . Looking forward to the BoD taking pay cuts while they wait for all the legalities to play out .

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Dave Evans

Regular
I’d heard about this amount previously, assuming true?
I would have thought that the price mentioned, being an all time high the BoD would have had to announce it

That’s the trouble when uninformed people start posting bullshit here and others start to reply. There was never an offer

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Roon

Regular

And even if we win the Zinin jurisdictional challenge, as seems likely, that's not going to stop Zijin's efforts to make their hold over at least the disputed northern tenement a ground reality. That was foreshadowed by their promise in the latest media release to move at 'Zijin Speed'.

They'll no doubt continue to ignore the latest injunction, probably promising to cover the Cominiere fines (which in the end amount to chicken feed for Zijin), whilst rushing ahead to cement their claim on that ground and probably the power plant also over the next year or so that it'll probably take to reach a final award in our Cominiere case. Not hard to see this strategy playing out. Of course it still might just end up with them still having to hand it back after all this litigation is unravelled, but holding and working the ground will provide some advantages. At the very least in the propaganda delivery to the DRC government, who will still ultimately need to enforce any ICC/ICSID decisions.

BEISHA

Top 20

Matenga, Cominiere made a historic mistake of blocking Dathcom, the only viable mining project in the first term of @fatshi13, because of Zijin's money
View attachment 49805 View attachment 49806 View attachment 49807 View attachment 49808

Comprehensive verdict against the actions of corrupt Cominiere by the highest court in the world outside of ICSID.......makes a mockery of this statement on the MMGA website.........

1700282478417.png

And i will be highlighting that statement to the pretenders at this upcoming AGM.

• Fire
Reactions: 31 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Seems to me we need some sort of emergency injunction (directly) against Zijin with the claims they're making. Especially given their supposed tenement includes our core library.
You can't copy text if their website, only take screen shots.
View attachment 49841
View attachment 49842
View attachment 49843
Yet again more evidence that corrupt Cominiere is dictating the play in the drc, whilst the piss weak FT ( whos mantra was to quell corruption ) leading him to win the 2019 election, sits on the sidelines hoping the locals will vote him in again despite him achieving absolutely......

zero.gif

Looks like FT and Albanese have something in common in that regard..........;)

plus

Locals in DRC continue to perish on scraps and mum and dad families struggle to put food on the table and pay their mortgages / rent in Australia with the cost of living crisis that Labour refuses to address / intervene with the multi national coys that are creating the artificial inflation in the first place.

Way to go FT and Albo !!

Fuckwits !!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

cruiser51

Top 20
And even if we win the Zinin jurisdictional challenge, as seems likely, that's not going to stop Zijin's efforts to make their hold over at least the disputed northern tenement a ground reality. That was foreshadowed by their promise in the latest media release to move at 'Zijin Speed'.

They'll no doubt continue to ignore the latest injunction, probably promising to cover the Cominiere fines (which in the end amount to chicken feed for Zijin), whilst rushing ahead to cement their claim on that ground and probably the power plant also over the next year or so that it'll probably take to reach a final award in our Cominiere case. Not hard to see this strategy playing out. Of course it still might just end up with them still having to hand it back after all this litigation is unravelled, but holding and working the ground will provide some advantages. At the very least in the propaganda delivery to the DRC government, who will still ultimately need to enforce any ICC/ICSID decisions.
Only have to look at Spratney Islands to understand how the "Developing Country China", with one of the largest armed forces in the world operates.

Depends how far DRC and China are prepared to push their luck.
Is China prepared to drift closer to North Korea and Russia and alienates itself in that process from the rest of the world?
Will the Chinese population accept that? How far can Xi push them, before becoming a victim of his own ambition?

We know China has a habit of putting their feet on an item and state this is mine, but fuck them this time around.
Only have to look at this week's Biden's remark regarding Xi.
Pretty blunt public observation, dunno if Xi would have found that very funny, but it actually was not a slip of the tongue, but a measured warning.
Not diplomatic, but right between Xi's eyes, it seems it is the only thing Xi understands, bit of a shock therapy with a 4 x 4. All IMO, but one has to read between the lines.
Biden might be older than Xi, but thinking he is a fool is making a horrible mistake.
One only had to watch the face of Blinken and there was no surprise on his face, but determination. Biden's remark was very intentional.

Will China totally ignore international law?
We know China wipes its arse off with international law, don't know how far DRC is prepared to push this issue, it is not like Dig Oil.
This is multi times more important and valuable.
AVZ happens to be the fishbone in the sandwich and a lot of people's throats.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom