AVZ Discussion 2022

Samus

Top 20
Yes exactly this, of course with the added caveat that the DRC Govt were going after the Zijin.

I'm married my soul is already being slowly and painfully sucked out of me, this is unnecessary.

EDIT

Apologies for my pessimism today 😂
Tell me about it, you'd think a few days off would be nice. Quite the opposite with wifey stomping around making demands. 😅
Walking on egg shells with high anxiety, not even to mention this crap. 😬 Too bloody cold and miserable to even go outside!
Now excuse me I've been 'summoned' again lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Oh brilliant so essentially a guarantee there that friday we stay in suspension, or fkin better for our SP 😅. We stay in suspension so they can TALK more, 🤦‍♂️. To make it worse when they 'talk' its all poorly researched shite, that last conference showed they didn't have a clue....the poor AVZ lawyer. Why isn't the governing body that can make a decision on this doing so swiftly ?
I tell you what mate, I'm surprised Franck is still replying to Der on twitter after the way he has been speaking to him. That is ridiculous 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: 8 users

wombat74

Top 20
Yes I really had hoped this was all sorted before the Mining Minister even signed the license and it was just a matter of AVZ and DRC compiling a statement backed up with evidence that put the issue to rest. Looking increasingly unlikely.
Here's hoping the DRC gov/ Mine Minister don't want any influence from "Non Government Officials ." How about some Real Government Officials for a change . Looks like another load of BS .

• Fire

TDITD

Top 20
I tell you what mate, I'm surprised Franck is still replying to Der on twitter after the way he has been speaking to him. That is ridiculous 🤦‍♂️
Yes he must have a few dozen kids, he has the patience of a saint. Der probably trying to close down his good information by pissing him off with his special brand of trolling.

Reactions: 5 users

TDITD

Top 20
Here's hoping the DRC gov/ Mine Minister don't want any influence from "Non Government Officials ." How about some Real Government Officials for a change . Looks like another load of BS .
The way that this should be going down is the RGO tells the NGO what’s really happening with Manono, AVZ involvement, CATL too and the battery plant that will come later. So they stop the noise and get on board with it.

Reactions: 4 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
Interesting to see what comes from this Friday as reported by Franck...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My post was not a contraction to yours but sharing information. I am not on Tweeter to play chess with people. A big coalition of NGOs will discuss about JVs on Manono&#39;s Lithium with Mr Mupande, DRC Mining Cadastral&#39;s CEO on Friday 20 in Kinshasa under <a href="https://twitter.com/The_SARWatch?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@The_SARWatch</a> moderation.</p>&mdash; Franck Fwamba (@FranckFwamba) <a href="">May 18, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Loved Franck's smackdown of Geist - "I am not on Tweeter to play chess with people" is absolute gold!

• Love
Reactions: 25 users
Yes he must have a few dozen kids, he has the patience of a saint. Der probably trying to close down his good information by pissing him off with his special brand of trolling.
Yeh mate I have been reading it and it is intense! Like majority of the info Der has found has been useless, yet is ripping Franck for providing actual information from the ground. It's just disrespectful and rude. He also tweeted that Ben Cohen joined Twitter, yet the profile was private and was stating that this Ben needs to confirm his identity on twitter lol like why should he, if it even is him? Lol

Honestly the more I see from this bloke the less I take notice.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

JAG

Top 20
Der is an embarrassment to the human species

Jack Black Reaction GIF

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

alesi

Emerged
twin turbo six hasnt got room to swing an ant in the bonnet, thank God I wont be touching that engine, but come on 400KW at the wheels now just with a tune and some basic mods and weighs only 1.5t, she's actually a GTS eater....vroom vroom and looks tough as fuk too I might add😜

There she is, eats GTS's for brekkie
View attachment 6888
I've been looking into getting an M2 courtesy of AVZ. Always been my dream to own an M car.

Doc

Master of Quan
Yeh mate I have been reading it and it is intense! Like majority of the info Der has found has been useless, yet is ripping Franck for providing actual information from the ground. It's just disrespectful and rude. He also tweeted that Ben Cohen joined Twitter, yet the profile was private and was stating that this Ben needs to confirm his identity on twitter lol like why should he, if it even is him? Lol

Honestly the more I see from this bloke the less I take notice.
Der Puppet is Der

Attachments

• D71FDEA7-D725-4358-97A6-CCDB5E2DAFF4.gif
    D71FDEA7-D725-4358-97A6-CCDB5E2DAFF4.gif
    743.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

TDITD

Top 20
I hope Nige and Co are putting the hard word on the government and reminding them they'll have nothing if they cant provide stability in the area and convince the locals AVZ's mine is in their best interest along with providing for their basic needs and demands. Felix needs to show some serious leadership here, they seem so out of touch with reality with conference after conference on the world stage and ignoring all the basic issues, they need to appease ACAJ, the NGO's etc, they need their feet on the ground, not forcing a bloody AVZ lawyer to sell it to the locals ffs, but of course it's easy for me to say from over here

"they seem so out of touch with reality with conference after conference on the world stage and ignoring all the basic issues"

Lets Go GIF by Regal

Reactions: 4 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
As nice as it would be and as much as we all want it to happen I don't think we will hear stuff all out of the government if there is any sort of investigation happening. I'm sure they wouldn't be able to comment on anything relating to an ongoing investigation.

Watching this older video from Sierra Leone and picturing it as Felix vs Zin and Jin makes me feel better:

In other news, very nice green day today should make a few of you happy... I held back on buying last week in case it wasn't the bottom (and to save the 20 questions from my Mrs about what I think I'm doing, what do you mean you bought a Playstation 5, go and get a job etc) and missed out on plenty today

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
As nice as it would be and as much as we all want it to happen I don't think we will hear stuff all out of the government if there is any sort of investigation happening. I'm sure they wouldn't be able to comment on anything relating to an ongoing investigation.

Watching this older video from Sierra Leone and picturing it as Felix vs Zin and Jin makes me feel better:

In other news, very nice green day today should make a few of you happy... I held back on buying last week in case it wasn't the bottom (and to save the 20 questions from my Mrs about what I think I'm doing, what do you mean you bought a Playstation 5, go and get a job etc) and missed out on plenty today

The Chinese guy is lucky they didn't beat the snot out of him (I wish they did!). Ridiculously stupid move as an expat in an isolated location to act like that to a local when there's also a group of locals right there.

• Haha

JAG

Top 20

Yep occurred last year when the locals were conducting a safety toolbox.......your not allowed to have toolboxes when it stops production apparently...fucking aresholes and typical of the chinese managers:mad:

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

John25

Regular
Yep occurred last year when the locals were conducting a safety toolbox.......your not allowed to have toolboxes when it stops production apparently...fucking aresholes and typical of the chinese managers:mad:
The old toolbox …had them on construction at Marandoo & Burrow Island ..was the same things over & over …Safety & sexual harassment ,management would preach it but expected you to take short cuts with safety when it suited them …silence is deafening at present …need something …anything

• Wow

JAG

Top 20
The old toolbox …had them on construction at Marandoo & Burrow Island ..was the same things over & over …Safety & sexual harassment ,management would preach it but expected you to take short cuts with safety when it suited them …silence is deafening at present …need something …anything
Not on my side of the fence mate, you must be on the darkside (contractor side)
may star wars GIF by Texas A&M University

Oh, you on Barrow - ALCATRZ? I was there initially with Chevron GUJV Upstream but left after 2 years...that was enough of having the expats riding my shoulders and taking credit for all my work!

Reactions: 7 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Im still thinking 66% myself,,,,but its honestly in the hands of a slow government to sort out the mess
Glad to hear mate. Appreciate your positive and informative posts

Reactions: 1 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Re post. Just checking what LTH are thinking 66%? I think anything less would be devastating after all the hard work.
Ps I think my fat thumb hit delete not edit on original post.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Re post. Just checking what LTH are thinking 66%? I think anything less would be devastating after all the hard work.
Ps I think my fat thumb hit delete not edit on original post.
Do you mean 66% after the 24% to CATH?

Reactions: 2 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Do you mean 66% after the 24% to CATH?
That's my preferred outcome and 10% to the DRC Govt free carried

In fact it's not my preferred outcome it's what it bloody well should be!!!!!

Reactions: 16 users
Top Bottom