AVZ Discussion 2022

Samus

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

Dazmac66

Regular
I understand that after all this is sorted and we are building a Megamine that everyone at AVZ will be full on busy. We have been delayed by many weeks by this allegedly criminal activity from z and cominiere, as well as an orchestrated social media campaign of disinformation. In terms of lost production this would amount to tens of millions of dollars. I for one will not forget this highly stressful time. I hope the AVZ lawyers are collecting reams of evidence on the above and in due course relentlessly hunt down those responsible. We should have plenty of coin to pay for it. F#@kers!!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 28 users

BEISHA

Top 20
I have been a liberal supporter my entire life, but this election IMO is a pivotal election for AUSTRALIAS future, we need to seriously address the infrastructure for the EV revolution going forward and ENCOURAGE, not DISCOURAGE the population to purchase EV vehicles, there should be a heavy tax on the purchase of NEW fossil fuel vehicles, not the other way around, we need to address the sensible eradication of coal and other practices as a major driver for our energy supplies and replace that with greener innovations like solar, green hydrogen , Lithium home battery packs etc.

*Well in that case, If you need anymore convincing, Do yourself a favour and take a look at how,

Australia’s slow warming to electric cars may get election boost

One of the world’s biggest laggards in electric vehicle adoption, Australia, is finally warming to the idea.
blank.gif

On the campaign trail three years ago, Prime Minister Scott Morrison famously told car-loving Australians that EVs were too feeble to tow trailers and boats. :rolleyes:

Battery-powered cars would be the death of the weekend, he warned. :ROFLMAO:

Back then, not even one in every hundred new vehicles in Australia was electric, and it was rare to spot one on Sydney’s roads.

Even tractors outsold them almost 2-to-1, and Morrison went on to claim an unexpected election victory.

The picture is changing.

EV sales in Australia are soaring — led by the almost-ubiquitous Tesla Model 3 — and more brands and models are arriving in the market.

A national election on Saturday could prove pivotal: Morrison, who has ruled out subsidies for electric cars, trails in opinion polls.

The opposition Labor party, meanwhile, is offering tax exemptions on many EVs. (y)

A surge in demand saw electric vehicle sales in Australia triple last year, to about 20,665, and hasn’t relented in 2022, according to Behyad Jafari, chief executive officer of the Sydney-based Electric Vehicle Council.

Politicians now know better than to dismiss EVs out of hand, and a change in government might push adoption closer to global standards, he told me last week. (y)

“A fresh set of eyes could only be more helpful,” Jafari said. (y)

“No one dares to be hostile to electric vehicles anymore. :)

The trend is moving in our direction.” (y)

View attachment 6876

Morrison’s federal government has said its A$250 million ($172 million) Future Fuels Fund should deliver EV charging infrastructure to 50,000 households and fund 1,000 public-charging stations.

But there’s no sign of financial support for EV purchases. (n)

Labor is also pledging cash for charging stations on Australian highways, and is going a step further. (y)

The party plans to exempt many electric cars from a 5% import tariff, as well as a 47% tax on EVs that are provided by employers to staff for private use. (y)

While Morrison once derided EVs for political gain, Labor leader Anthony Albanese is promoting them to try and win votes. (y)

Last month, he visited Tritium, a Brisbane-based maker of fast-chargers for EVs.

He called the Nasdaq-listed company, which has a market value of about $1.4 billion, a “great Australian success story.” :)

Still, plug-in vehicles make up only 2% of all new-car sales in Australia, industry data show.

That’s way behind a global average of 13% in the final three months of 2021, and a tiny fraction of the market share in leading adopters like China, Norway and Sweden.

Australia also lacks fuel-efficiency standards that could evict the most polluting vehicles from the market and make more room for EVs.

That’s led carmakers to prioritize other nations for new models, meaning those who do switch to electrics face limited choice and need patience — wait times for some deliveries run to months. :(

Even if there isn’t a change in the national government this weekend, political winds are shifting.

Last week, Western Australia announced A$3,500 rebates on EV purchases. (y)

That means every Australian state and territory, including the most populous, New South Wales, now has announced some form of EV subsidy, incentive or tax exemption.

www.mining.com/category/battery-metals/

View attachment 6879

View attachment 6880

View attachment 6882

View attachment 6881

Food for thought on the Road to Manono and Australia's EV Future 🚘 🔋 🔌
Thats what i am talking about Frank !

Good one brother

thumbs up.gif

Reactions: 9 users

CashKing

Regular
twin turbo six hasnt got room to swing an ant in the bonnet, thank God I wont be touching that engine, but come on 400KW at the wheels now just with a tune and some basic mods and weighs only 1.5t, she's actually a GTS eater....vroom vroom and looks tough as fuk too I might add😜

There she is, eats GTS's for brekkie
View attachment 6888
I pictured something a little different in my head, dammm looks great bud 👍

Reactions: 6 users

JAG

Top 20
Anyone interested in a catch up Sat arvo for a beer/wine/coffee at the Breakwater? Would be great to chat about the week that was and what the future holds :)

1652830977798.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Dazmac66

Regular
  • Haha

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Anyone interested in a catch up Sat arvo for a beer/wine/coffee at the Breakwater? Would be great to chat about the week that was and what the future holds :)

View attachment 6901

Take it that's not in Brisbane?

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users
D

Deleted member 1612

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

BEISHA

Top 20

View attachment 6901
If you can bring her along ..............then i will consider it.......;)

I normally play golf on Saturdays, but i might make an exception to meet the dude who nearly died in a dentist chair....:eek:

I have a few gruesome stories to tell in that dept too....lol

• Haha

Uglybob

Regular
The only EV I'm interested in is the 2-wheeled variety. These things are great, but cost more than many of the cars I've owned. My economical fuel efficient car is a 4L turbo falcon. They just get worse from there...

1652832937957.png

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Frank

Top 20
JULIEN PALUKU on Twitter 18-May-22.png

King-Julien.jpg

Mining.png

#Patience ! .jpg

Reactions: 18 users

Frank

Top 20

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

TDITD

Top 20
This chinese article (propaganda) posted yesterday. No mention of Zijin (in the bin), but they do claim AVZ hold 60% of Manono the cheeky scamps.
Off topic (dont report me 😃) but I saw that ol Winnie the Pooh has had a brain aneurysm 😲 , apparently seeking to use 'traditional medicine' to treat it, so after some opium and a few incense sticks burnt he maybe underground. That could kick off some serious power struggle shenanigans in china.

https://c.m.163.com/news/a/H7J7UQM30519BQPG.html

• Wow
  • Haha

Mickdavo

Regular
This chinese article (propaganda) posted yesterday. No mention of Zijin (in the bin), but they do claim AVZ hold 60% of Manono the cheeky scamps.
Off topic (dont report me 😃) but I saw that ol Winnie the Pooh has had a brain aneurysm 😲 , apparently seeking to use 'traditional medicine' to treat it, so after some opium and a few incense sticks burnt he maybe underground. That could kick off some serious power struggle shenanigans in china.

https://c.m.163.com/news/a/H7J7UQM30519BQPG.html

old Winnie the poo... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Mickdavo

Regular
Interesting to see what comes from this Friday as reported by Franck...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My post was not a contraction to yours but sharing information. I am not on Tweeter to play chess with people. A big coalition of NGOs will discuss about JVs on Manono&#39;s Lithium with Mr Mupande, DRC Mining Cadastral&#39;s CEO on Friday 20 in Kinshasa under <a href="https://twitter.com/The_SARWatch?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@The_SARWatch</a> moderation.</p>&mdash; Franck Fwamba (@FranckFwamba) <a href="">May 18, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Samus

Top 20
A big coalition of NGOs sounds like a circus :unsure:

I'd like to see Jules Alingete Key step in and squash zijin like a bug.

• Fire

TDITD

Top 20
Interesting to see what comes from this Friday as reported by Franck...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My post was not a contraction to yours but sharing information. I am not on Tweeter to play chess with people. A big coalition of NGOs will discuss about JVs on Manono&#39;s Lithium with Mr Mupande, DRC Mining Cadastral&#39;s CEO on Friday 20 in Kinshasa under <a href="https://twitter.com/The_SARWatch?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@The_SARWatch</a> moderation.</p>&mdash; Franck Fwamba (@FranckFwamba) <a href="">May 18, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh brilliant so essentially a guarantee there that friday we stay in suspension, or fkin better for our SP 😅. We stay in suspension so they can TALK more, 🤦‍♂️. To make it worse when they 'talk' its all poorly researched shite, that last conference showed they didn't have a clue....the poor AVZ lawyer. Why isn't the governing body that can make a decision on this doing so swiftly ?

• Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

TDITD

Top 20
A big coalition of NGOs sounds like a circus :unsure:

I'd like to see Jules Alingete Key step in and squash zijin like a bug.
Yea thats what I thought, oh great more 'snacks' with Zijins name on it......I'm sure it'll be an honourable occasion and teeming with the impartiality needed to convey a much needed legitimacy in this whole process 🤪

must say am I finding it somewhat challenging to hide my frustration at the DRC Govts deafening silence

• Sad
Reactions: 15 users

Samus

Top 20
Yea thats what I thought, oh great more 'snacks' with Zijins name on it......I'm sure it'll be an honourable occasion and teeming with the impartiality needed to convey a much needed legitimacy in this whole process 🤪

must say am I finding it somewhat challenging to hide my frustration at the DRC Govts deafening silence
Yes I really had hoped this was all sorted before the Mining Minister even signed the license and it was just a matter of AVZ and DRC compiling a statement backed up with evidence that put the issue to rest. Looking increasingly unlikely.

• Sad
  • Thinking

TDITD

Top 20
Yes I really had hoped this was all sorted before the Mining Minister even signed the license and it was just a matter of AVZ and DRC compiling a statement backed up with evidence that put the issue to rest. Looking increasingly unlikely.
Yes exactly this, of course with the added caveat that the DRC Govt were going after the Zijin.

I'm married my soul is already being slowly and painfully sucked out of me, this is unnecessary.

EDIT

Apologies for my pessimism today 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom