AVZ Discussion 2022

cruiser51

Top 20
What I am trying to say is that in future to be able to ship EV's the battery design has to be safer, ie progressing to solid state batteries is a natural progression.
Not only from the point of performance, but also from the point of safety.

I haven't bought an EV as yet, simply in my eyes the performance for me doesn't meet what I want from a car.
But that is not the issue here.
The issue here is safety and people will be forced to do things safer.

Yes solid state batteries are more expensive, still in early stage.
However Insurance companies are in future not going to cover car carriers full with cars with lithium ion batteries, the way it is done at this very moment. It is obvious that this will happen.

Same thing happened in 70's after a couple of tanker explosions and investigations, made people realise what was going on.
The result was that Inert Gas Systems became a standard piece of kit on tankers, to be used to maintain a positive inert atmosphere in the cargo tanks. Being it a lean or rich atmosphere, but outside of the explosive range, especially during certain operations.

Insurance companies simply will not cover ships, if the risk is too high.
Government regulations go hand in hand with Insurance Companies' rules.
ABS, Lloyds and DNV insurance companies' rules are in general stricter than Government rules.

Something similar will happen with Car Carriers and Car Ferries.
Cars on trains being transported through tunnels, like the Chunnel will be looked at in the same light.

Incidents/accidents do happen.
People learn to walk by falling and discovering that that hurts, at the end of the day it is better not to fall.
I am not too surprised how certain people simply do not understand how this car carrier fire event effects certain type of EV battery production in the DRC, or the world and thereby AVZ. Fucking amazing.
Btw the car carrier had according to the latest news 500 EV's on board, not 26 as first was reported, so the bloody thing will burn slightly longer.

To expect that the DRC is going to produce a couple of million of EV cars with lithium-ion batteries per year, after the current events and ship them all over the world may be should don their thinking caps.

Maybe one day people understand that the DRC expects that they want a mining company to produce batteries and/or EV's.
Nigel clearly said AVZ is in the business of mining, not car, or battery manufacturing.

On top of that, the haphazard wielding of a policy axe in a way, that even the DRC population say wtf, this is not according to our mining law.
I cannot see anybody with a sane mind to be prepared to invest a cent in the DRC.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

geo_au

Regular
I am not too surprised how certain people simply do not understand how this car carrier fire event effects certain type of EV battery production in the DRC, or the world and thereby AVZ. Fucking amazing.
Btw the car carrier had according to the latest news 500 EV's on board, not 26 as first was reported, so the bloody thing will burn slightly longer.

To expect that the DRC is going to produce a couple of million of EV cars with lithium-ion batteries per year, after the current events and ship them all over the world may be should don their thinking caps.

Maybe one day people understand that the DRC expects that they want a mining company to produce batteries and/or EV's.
Nigel clearly said AVZ is in the business of mining, not car, or battery manufacturing.

On top of that, the haphazard wielding of a policy axe in a way, that even the DRC population say wtf, this is not according to our mining law.
I cannot see anybody with a sane mind to be prepared to invest a cent in the DRC.

Fire can be a problem but scientists know why it happens to some vehicles and not others. That is something they are working on and it can be resolved so I don't see it as a big issue.

Btw china's BYD has that same problem too with some of their poorly manufactured cars.

Reactions: 2 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Fire can be a problem but scientists know why it happens to some vehicles and not others. That is something they are working on and it can be resolved so I don't see it as a big issue.

Btw china's BYD has that same problem too with some of their poorly manufactured cars.
It is not scientists who insure ships.

Insurance companies assess the risk and set their premium accordingly.
If Insurance premiums become too high, shippers will not accept the cargo.

insurance companies will say if you know the problem, better correct it to our satisfaction before offering the cargo for transport.

Reactions: 5 users

cruiser51

Top 20

The DRC and the United Kingdom plan an energy transition forum from September 5 to 7 in London​

OF THE EDITORIAL STAFF
July 21, 2023
in Featured

The Congolese Minister of Industry, Julien Paluku, announces the holding of a major forum from September 5 to 9 in London, DRC-United Kingdom on energy transition and investments .

You might also like​

Francophonie Games: Félix Tshisekedi praises the cultural riches of the DRC

DRC: Weekly inflation drops from 4.01% to 0.18% (BCC)

This member of the government Sama Lukonde made this announcement Thursday, July 20, on the sidelines of a conference debate on the energy transition in the DRC, organized by the company KNG Strategy in concert with his ministry.
This DRC-United Kingdom forum on energy transition and investments aims to mobilize Congolese and British political and economic actors to promote green energies by abandoning fossil fuels which pollute the environment.
Beyond that, it pursues the goal of convincing the United Kingdom to join the DRC in the installation of a first manufacturing plant for precursors of electric batteries, batteries and electric vehicles in the province of Haut-Katanga.
“The massive battery industry project initiated by the Democratic Republic of Congo with the aim of changing the economies of African countries will be at the heart of the DRC-UK forum. A project which now has the support of the United States of America, China through CATL-CMOC and the European Union,” suggested the Minister of Industry.
For his part, the general manager of "King Strategy", Jean-Bosco Kanyemesha, partner of the Ministry of Industry in the organization of the said forum, called on Congolese and British economic operators to pool together to promote the carbon-free economy.
The panel, which brought together the heads of the Congolese Council of Battery-CCB, the Fund for the Promotion of Industry (FPI), representatives of Equity-BCDC and vodacom, sanctioned this meeting of the preliminary DRC-United Kingdom forum in London.
Dostin Eugene LUANGE

Screenshot 2023-07-29 at 4.41.39 am.png

Reactions: 7 users

TDITD

Top 20

The DRC and the United Kingdom plan an energy transition forum from September 5 to 7 in London​

OF THE EDITORIAL STAFF
July 21, 2023
in Featured

The Congolese Minister of Industry, Julien Paluku, announces the holding of a major forum from September 5 to 9 in London, DRC-United Kingdom on energy transition and investments .

You might also like​

Francophonie Games: Félix Tshisekedi praises the cultural riches of the DRC

DRC: Weekly inflation drops from 4.01% to 0.18% (BCC)

This member of the government Sama Lukonde made this announcement Thursday, July 20, on the sidelines of a conference debate on the energy transition in the DRC, organized by the company KNG Strategy in concert with his ministry.
This DRC-United Kingdom forum on energy transition and investments aims to mobilize Congolese and British political and economic actors to promote green energies by abandoning fossil fuels which pollute the environment.
Beyond that, it pursues the goal of convincing the United Kingdom to join the DRC in the installation of a first manufacturing plant for precursors of electric batteries, batteries and electric vehicles in the province of Haut-Katanga.
“The massive battery industry project initiated by the Democratic Republic of Congo with the aim of changing the economies of African countries will be at the heart of the DRC-UK forum. A project which now has the support of the United States of America, China through CATL-CMOC and the European Union,” suggested the Minister of Industry.
For his part, the general manager of "King Strategy", Jean-Bosco Kanyemesha, partner of the Ministry of Industry in the organization of the said forum, called on Congolese and British economic operators to pool together to promote the carbon-free economy.
The panel, which brought together the heads of the Congolese Council of Battery-CCB, the Fund for the Promotion of Industry (FPI), representatives of Equity-BCDC and vodacom, sanctioned this meeting of the preliminary DRC-United Kingdom forum in London.
Dostin Eugene LUANGE

Give us your hard earned View attachment 41019
They love a good chat. You've got to give it to them, they are world class at saying the right things. Reading that makes it sound very positive and as is something is actually happening.

Thats the kicker, they are not doing anything, well apart from embezzlement and bribery.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

cruiser51

Top 20

Tweet​

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Pascal Mulegwa

@pascal_mulegwa

CASE Approval Congo Gold Raffinerie SARL (Tribune of someone close to the case) A lively controversy has taken place since the transmission of Ministerial Order No. 00267/CAB MIN/MINES/01/2023 of 24/07/2023 forfeiting the Approval of Congo Gold Raffinerie SARL.

Far from the controversy, let us coldly analyze the facts around this situation.
Firstly, it is important to note that the Ministry of Mines has the right to question a company that it considers has not taken advantage of the approval granted to it.
Note Congo Gold Raffinerie SARL is a processing entity. As such, it is required to comply in particular with the requirements of Article 24 of Ministerial Order No. 00131/CAB. MIN/MINES/01/2023 of April 19, 2023 regulating the activities of the processing entity under penalty of exposing itself to the sanctions provided for in article 25 of the same ministerial order.

Then, it should be noted that the Congo Gold Raffinerie SARL refinery has existed since 2019. Since its creation, it has already renewed its approval twice, its last renewal dating from February 15, 2022.

However, we should ask ourselves a few questions in relation to the activities already carried out by the said company:

• First, who owns this company?
Who are its shareholders, what are its sources of funding?
According to the international organization "Global Witness", Congo Gold Raffinerie SARL is an initiative of the "CGR" which decided to launch this refinery in Bukavu, on the border with Rwanda and not far from Burundi.
It should be remembered that Bukavu has long been a center of gold trading and smuggling.

• Still according to Global Witness and several other local organizations in the DRC who have alerted on this refinery, Congo Gold Raffinerie seems to be a joint venture set up between the head of the East Africa region of Frontier Services Group (FSG, which belongs to Erik Prince), and a businessman who would have been one of the former Congolese president's intermediaries in the past, and a suspected gold trafficker.
This is an extraordinary grouping of powerful interests in a single company, at a time when the DRC is facing aggression and structured smuggling around its minerals, including gold.

• Note that CGR is owned by two companies, each part of different networks.
One such company is Global Investment Congo (GIC), which counts among its shareholders entities managed by an associate of former Congolese President Joseph Kabila, Alain Wan, and a senior FSG official, Liu Zhigang.
FSG is a security company created by American billionaire Erik Prince, which works in the private security sector, and the Chinese state is the main shareholder. While FSG does not directly own shares in CGR, Mr. Zhigang is the sole director of GIC, a company that is CGR's largest shareholder and which, according to a 2017 mining permit, is domiciled at the same address as the gold company.

• CGR's other shareholder is Marathon SARL, owned by Burundian Karim Somji, who in the past allegedly smuggled gold, and Robert Mutesa, the managing partner of an airline that allegedly transported weapons during the Second Congo War.
Another of Marathon's owners is Joyce Otshimo Ekanga, a businessman who owns shares in two mining companies in the DRC and heads a Sino-Congolese chamber of commerce.
He is the son of a powerful Congolese official, Moïse Ekanga, a close associate of Kabila who oversees billions of dollars of Chinese investment in the DRC through the Sino-Congolese Program Coordination and Monitoring Office (BCPSC), a government entity. a businessman who holds shares in two mining companies in the DRC and is the head of a Sino-Congolese chamber of commerce.
He is the son of a powerful Congolese official, Moïse Ekanga, a close associate of Kabila who oversees billions of dollars of Chinese investment in the DRC through the Sino-Congolese Program Coordination and Monitoring Office (BCPSC), a government entity. a businessman who holds shares in two mining companies in the DRC and is the head of a Sino-Congolese chamber of commerce.
He is the son of a powerful Congolese official, Moïse Ekanga, a close associate of Kabila who oversees billions of dollars of Chinese investment in the DRC through the Sino-Congolese Program Coordination and Monitoring Office (BCPSC), a government entity.

5:32 AM · Jul 28, 2023

It looks like to be able to do business in the DRC you need lots of contacts.
After a regime change you have to make immediately friends (brown paper bags) with the new regime, or you are fukked.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

cruiser51

Top 20
They love a good chat. You've got to give it to them, they are world class at saying the right things. Reading that makes it sound very positive and as is something is actually happening.

Thats the kicker, they are not doing anything, well apart from embezzlement and bribery.
You have to ask yourself "which mining projects were started under the current regime".

The only mining industry I can come up with is the mining of financial benefits for the political elite.

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users

The Fox

Regular
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

wombat74

Top 20
Yep it's friday spelling and grammar won't improve on any given day as that's not the point. Let's just see what happens in the next. How long did the secret squirrels give it ? By the end of next month wasn't it? Hopefully we will have some communication from the best bod on the asx before then. Otherwise what I'm responding to is a load of shit which I suspect it is. But we'll know in about a month by the sound of it.
Next month becomes next month becomes next month . Is anyone seeing a pattern here ? What happened to July being the month? Feels like someone is on bull sh1t duties at camp AVZ ? IMO

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Hemicuda

Regular
Next month becomes next month becomes next month . Is anyone seeing a pattern here ? What happened to July being the month? Feels like someone is on bull sh1t duties at camp AVZ ? IMO
😉😉😉

• Haha

Scoota30

Regular
My personal suggestion which has worked in my favour over this whole suspension, if we get wind that news is expected by July, set your goal posts by the end of September/start of october that way you don't start to get as frustrated until mid September.... Helps keep the dream alive for a lot longer 😉😉

Then by the time October comes around, there'll be some other news floating around a few circles that things are close and that we should expect a finale before the AGM. That is when it will get interesting IMO.
I said to myself after the SAMA 2 government came in and none of the bad actors got cut, that hopefully we should have a resolution by Christmas this year. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Dc Comics Joker GIF by Max

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971

LOCKY82

Regular
Reactions: 3 users

LOCKY82

Regular

Hopefully he lays down the law

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

wombat74

Top 20
My personal suggestion which has worked in my favour over this whole suspension, if we get wind that news is expected by July, set your goal posts by the end of September/start of october that way you don't start to get as frustrated until mid September.... Helps keep the dream alive for a lot longer 😉😉

Then by the time October comes around, there'll be some other news floating around a few circles that things are close and that we should expect a finale before the AGM. That is when it will get interesting IMO.
I said to myself after the SAMA 2 government came in and none of the bad actors got cut, that hopefully we should have a resolution by Christmas this year. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Dc Comics Joker GIF by Max
Nigel's gonna need an Oscar winning performance at the next AGM . IMO

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Frank

Top 20

1690594565194.png

Nothappyjan.png

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

TheCount

Regular
Thanks for the update @JAG .
TC

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users

Remark